PDA

View Full Version : New convert

CarlaRant
01-27-2010, 06:37 AM
I was so excited yesterday to see one of my students walk into my classroom with an X on his hand. I started humming Minor Threat's "Straight Edge and he smiled, nodded and pumped his fist. I'm very relieved to see that there are some kids making smart choices, particularly at my school.

linsee
01-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Haha I love it! That's so awesome.

xsecx
01-27-2010, 12:26 PM
I was so excited yesterday to see one of my students walk into my classroom with an X on his hand. I started humming Minor Threat's "Straight Edge and he smiled, nodded and pumped his fist. I'm very relieved to see that there are some kids making smart choices, particularly at my school.

you sure he just wasn't a club last night and didn't wash?

CarlaRant
01-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Yes, I'm sure. He stopped by my room during lunch and we chatted for a bit about straightedge, music and relationships. He's been doing a lot of thinking and decided to cut himself off from his "so-called friends" and drama-filled girls (long story, but he was dating one of my other students who ended up pregnant with some other boy's baby and dropped out of school recently) to be around people with a better influence. I knew his father was a musician, so he's been living in the scene for a while now. Anyway, most of our clubs don't X up the kids.

xF1GHTERx
01-31-2010, 11:31 PM
That's great I've been trying to get kids at my school to b straight edge but most of my followers are girls then other ones say they don't want to put Xs on their hands everyday

SgtD
02-01-2010, 06:04 AM
That's great I've been trying to get kids at my school to b straight edge but most of my followers are girls then other ones say they don't want to put Xs on their hands everyday

putting on x's every day is something i would never do and definitely wouldn't encourage people to do so either. it's out of context if you're not at a show.

Pilaf
02-03-2010, 07:44 PM

That's wonderful news.

I admit I am having trouble visualizing how one hums "straight edge" by Minor Threat though, unless you mean the guitar part at the front. :P