PDA

View Full Version : HELP?!? oh and who like the murder city devils?

paspar2
01-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Hello:

I'm a long time reader, first time poster. Lol.. Anywho, I like this place and the people on it but I'm getting really frustrated with punks at shows and in general. I find that the moment I say I'm sXe it's like they unload this dumptruck of shit on me as to what they think it's all about even they're piss drunk and aren't a part of the crowd. I've been reading through here a little bit, and haven't found anything that answered all of my questions. The FAQ about edge isn't up on that site anymore, it was a couple down I think and it seemed to be what kids were reading.

I really don't think it's rocket science. Being straight edge is the following:

- No drugs (unless they're to cure a physical illness.)
- No alcohol
- No sex (till marriage)
- Good music

It's the ethics of being pure in the body, on top of that I don't drink caffeine but I that's just a personal choice. I don't attribute or list it as edge. I'm tired of veggies telling me that I'm not true cuz I eat meat. Go home!!! You poor skinny hair losing freaks are trying to jack a cooler clique cuz yours is pathetic. K forgive me of that, that's just to the ones who insult me to my face. I have no problems with vegetarians, I know lots of them, and some are sXe, and don't call it a qualifying point to the club. Along with all the other jazz I was told that since I have a piercing I wasn't pure. Last time I checked Titanium was a pretty damn pure element. The tattoos I don't know about yet, I'm not pretending to be an expert and since I don't have any I'm not going to comment.

So if anyone can help me out, don't slam me, I'm looking for positiveness here, a little understanding cuz I know I could be wrong. Thanks!

straightXed
01-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by paspar2
Hello:

I'm a long time reader, first time poster. Lol.. Anywho, I like this place and the people on it but I'm getting really frustrated with punks at shows and in general. I find that the moment I say I'm sXe it's like they unload this dumptruck of shit on me as to what they think it's all about even they're piss drunk and aren't a part of the crowd. I've been reading through here a little bit, and haven't found anything that answered all of my questions. The FAQ about edge isn't up on that site anymore, it was a couple down I think and it seemed to be what kids were reading.

I really don't think it's rocket science. Being straight edge is the following:

- No drugs (unless they're to cure a physical illness.)
- No alcohol
- No sex (till marriage)
- Good music

It's the ethics of being pure in the body, on top of that I don't drink caffeine but I that's just a personal choice. I don't attribute or list it as edge. I'm tired of veggies telling me that I'm not true cuz I eat meat. Go home!!! You poor skinny hair losing freaks are trying to jack a cooler clique cuz yours is pathetic. K forgive me of that, that's just to the ones who insult me to my face. I have no problems with vegetarians, I know lots of them, and some are sXe, and don't call it a qualifying point to the club. Along with all the other jazz I was told that since I have a piercing I wasn't pure. Last time I checked Titanium was a pretty damn pure element. The tattoos I don't know about yet, I'm not pretending to be an expert and since I don't have any I'm not going to comment.

So if anyone can help me out, don't slam me, I'm looking for positiveness here, a little understanding cuz I know I could be wrong. Thanks!

I wouldn't say no sex till married was ever part of edge, sounds like a christian addage to me. Veg(etari)anism is also an addage you be straightedge simply without it. As for this bullshit about peircings and tattoo's pay no mind, some people tend to talk a lot with out a fully functioning brain.