PDA

View Full Version : Weightlifting (or bodybuilding/toning)

MrMcKeigue
01-26-2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah, it's an awkward-sounding topic name, but I didn't want to leave anyone out. I know from past topics that a few here like to "pump their swoll."

I'm not on any strict guideline, but I curl and bench for arms. I do plenty of lunges to keep my thighs firm. I also Wii Fit for cardio and various obscure toning since I'm not an outdoor person. I try to engage walks as much as I can because it's great sweat-free physical activity. Right now I'm just trying to whittle away flab.

So tell me about your routines!

straightXed
01-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah, it's an awkward-sounding topic name, but I didn't want to leave anyone out. I know from past topics that a few here like to "pump their swoll."

I'm not on any strict guideline, but I curl and bench for arms. I do plenty of lunges to keep my thighs firm. I also Wii Fit for cardio and various obscure toning since I'm not an outdoor person. I try to engage walks as much as I can because it's great sweat-free physical activity. Right now I'm just trying to whittle away flab.

So tell me about your routines!

3-4 sessions a week...from 2-5 hours in duration. A mix of resistence/weight/core work and cardio work. 2-3 sessions a week...kung fu...2 hours each session. At home i practice more kung fu, couldn't tell you how much.

D1988
01-26-2010, 05:13 PM
I tend to get to the gym 2 times a week on top of my 2 hockey training sessions every week (or 1 game, 1 training session, just depends).

In the gym I usually use the following routine -

Day 1:
20 mins treadmill - I run 4.5 - 5k in this time and working on getting my 4k times down. Most of my time on treadmill is spent doing interval training. A constant jog and then 30 seconds of sprinting like a mad man, obviously this is a great hockey workout as it simulates sitting on the bench and then getting on for your shift on the ice and busting your ass like crazy.

4x 20-25 crunches - Work on core strength here, gotta get me a killer six pack y0!

3x10 shoulder press

3x10 lat pulldowns

3x10 bicep curls

3x10 tricep extensions

Day 2:
20 mins treadmill as above

4x 20-25 crunches as above

4x8 leg press

4x8 calf extensions

4x8 thigh lifts

I don't know that much about this stuff to be honest like proper names for all the stuff I do, but you get the general idea. Oh and before/after/in between all that, I stretch like hell. Always stretch, it actually annoys me when people do not stretch correctly before and during exercise!

MrMcKeigue
01-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Oh and before/after/in between all that, I stretch like hell. Always stretch, it actually annoys me when people do not stretch correctly before and during exercise!

Well if they mess themselves up, that's their own undoing, isn't it?