PDA

View Full Version : Help me

xF1GHTERx
01-24-2010, 05:04 PM
OK im a 14 year old boy who lives in colorado i got straight edge started at my school as a way to help ppl learn from others mistakes like mine. im posi right now but might turn Hard core/ FSU my freshman year. iv been single 4 too long kuz im a jock and have been busy with wrestling i want a gf who is just as commited to edge just as much as i am if u wanna text 303-909-8191

if ur posi and wnt me to stay posi tell me
if u want me to b hxc tell me to im open to talk to thanks

xsecx
01-24-2010, 05:31 PM
OK im a 14 year old boy who lives in colorado i got straight edge started at my school as a way to help ppl learn from others mistakes like mine. im posi right now but might turn Hard core/ FSU my freshman year. iv been single 4 too long kuz im a jock and have been busy with wrestling i want a gf who is just as commited to edge just as much as i am if u wanna text 303-909-8191

what do you mean by turn hard core/FSU?

xF1GHTERx
01-24-2010, 11:25 PM
what do you mean by turn hard core/FSU? shud i stay posi or join fsu

XNeverDieX
01-25-2010, 04:12 AM
My opinion: Claim edge whenever you want, drinking, drugs and sex is all around us.

SgtD
01-25-2010, 04:52 AM

welcome to the boards.
definitely stay posi, and don't go out of your way to join a crew associated with violence like FSU. especially if you're 14.
putting your phone number online is not a well thought out idea.

I would say don't rush things, you'll have plenty of time to meet girls and highschool is perfect for that.

And you're only 14. You haven't even experienced being an adult or even HS. I don't think kids should even be able to claim edge till around 18 cause at least they've experienced most stuff. At least they're able to drive.

excuse me, but this is total bullshit.

you don't have to experience being drunk to see it's effects in your surroundings. there are other reasons of turning sxe than not being experienced enough. i don't even really know what you mean, i assume you're not talking about drinking/smoking/doing drugs because you lumped in driving too.

SgtD
01-25-2010, 06:58 AM
I've never even tasted alcohol. I've never touched anything in my life. I just get tired of seeing young kids posing or saying that they want to be something for the rest of their lives when they don't even know what they want really. Live the lifestyle just don't claim until you know for a fact that this is what you want. This life isn't for everyone. Everybody grows a TON through HS. Your body and mind matures a lot between 14 and 18. It's the same as what you want to do for a career. I wanted to be an interior designer and thought I'd drink sometimes but that definitely changed a LOT through HS. I now never want to do any of that and I want to start my own magazine and be a photographer. At the age of 14 we just don't know what we want. I just think people shouldn't claim until they know they can stick to it for the rest of their life.

you do realize, that not everybody is like you, don't you? your undecidedness in your life doesn't mean that everybody else will think or act like you did.
For example a friend of mine has always wanted to become a teacher, eversince he was a young boy. and he became one. he didn't change his mind about it once.
I don't really get it what you are trying to prove with your falsed logic.

and if we go with your logic, you can't really know what you're talking about because you never tasted alcohol, and never touched everything in your life. and based on your logic, it's you, who's a poser, because it might be just another phase you go through, just like the phase when you wanted to be an interior designer. see what i mean?

so please tell me, how a 14 year old kid is a poser just because he wants to become straight edge! and who are you to assume it isn't for him?

straightXed
01-25-2010, 12:52 PM
I've never even tasted alcohol. I've never touched anything in my life. I just get tired of seeing young kids posing or saying that they want to be something for the rest of their lives when they don't even know what they want really. Live the lifestyle just don't claim until you know for a fact that this is what you want. This life isn't for everyone. Everybody grows a TON through HS. Your body and mind matures a lot between 14 and 18. It's the same as what you want to do for a career. I wanted to be an interior designer and thought I'd drink sometimes but that definitely changed a LOT through HS. I now never want to do any of that and I want to start my own magazine and be a photographer. At the age of 14 we just don't know what we want. I just think people shouldn't claim until they know they can stick to it for the rest of their life.

You are still going to go through amazingly dramatic changes from 18 to 25 and a lot of those changes will be regarding life choices...why not up your recomended age to 25?

The major flaw in your argument is that you won't ever know how you will be thinking in 5 or 10 years tiome and the idea of holding someone to things they say in the past is ridiculous. This is why the idea of saying you will be edge for life sounds like a great sentiment but one you can never honestly and truly make without denying your own personal growth. And that in my opinion is a damn site worse. I have been straight edge for close to 10 years now and honestly i don't see much changing with that now but i won't ever say its something i can gaurantee for life because thats simply a bullshit statement with no real basis. You are still changing and the idea of your own magazine and being a photographer may suit you right now but in 10 years time things may be greatly different. Luckily i won't hold you to the things you are saying right now and i hope you don't either.

xsecx
01-25-2010, 01:06 PM
you do realize, that not everybody is like you, don't you? your undecidedness in your life doesn't mean that everybody else will think or act like you did.
For example a friend of mine has always wanted to become a teacher, eversince he was a young boy. and he became one. he didn't change his mind about it once.

and if we go with your logic, you can't really know what you're talking about because you never tasted alcohol, and never touched everything in your life. and based on your logic, it's you, who's a poser, because it might be just another phase you go through, just like the phase when you wanted to be an interior designer. see what i mean?

so please tell me, how a 14 year old kid is a poser just because he wants to become straight edge! and who are you to assume it isn't for him?

yes, but there's also something to be said about someone living with something for a while to make sure it's who they are and what they're about, which I think is what natalie is suggesting.

xsecx
01-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Sorry for having my own opinion. And call me a poser if you want. But this was the only place I found support but not anymore.

I don't think anyone is calling you a poser at all, just older guys pointing out that a lot can change after 18 too. The way I look at it, if people want to claim, even if it's for a little while, as long as their genuine about it, it's a good thing. Some kids will sellout. Some kids will stick with it but that's the way it's always been.

nataliefayeg
01-25-2010, 01:17 PM
I don't think anyone is calling you a poser at all, just older guys pointing out that a lot can change after 18 too. The way I look at it, if people want to claim, even if it's for a little while, as long as their genuine about it, it's a good thing. Some kids will sellout. Some kids will stick with it but that's the way it's always been.

I wasn't hating on anyone. I was just trying to say to think it over for a while before claiming. I did a ton of research and waited a long time before I decided I wanted this for my life. I was just trying to help the young kid out. Then everybody started hating. There are definitely much nicer ways of saying shit.

SgtD
01-25-2010, 02:00 PM
yes, but there's also something to be said about someone living with something for a while to make sure it's who they are and what they're about, which I think is what natalie is suggesting.
maybe, i didn't get that assumption from her post.

I wasn't hating on anyone. I was just trying to say to think it over for a while before claiming. I did a ton of research and waited a long time before I decided I wanted this for my life. I was just trying to help the young kid out. Then everybody started hating. There are definitely much nicer ways of saying shit.

it didn't seem to me as if you were trying to help the kid, i felt what you said was kind of mean and disrespectful.

and just a heads up - nobody was hating on you.

straightXed
01-25-2010, 03:44 PM

Honestly, i'm glad you took the time to think about it and do research, i think that makes a huge difference and its also great you were trying to help someone out. Helping people out was the intention of my post too, there was no "hating" on my part.

MrMcKeigue
01-26-2010, 12:17 AM

It's been said but I'll say it again: There was no hating.

Lifestyle_X
01-26-2010, 08:44 AM
It's been said before. You can understand things that've been said here (and on the rest of the web) wrong because on the web you can't read people's fysical expressions and/or you can't hear on what tone things are said.

straightXed
01-26-2010, 03:33 PM
It's been said before. You can understand things that've been said here (and on the rest of the web) wrong because on the web you can't read people's fysical expressions and/or you can't hear on what tone things are said.

If you can't read a facial expression or a vocal tone though why do people associate one? Thats what i want to know...its like they read something nuetral and decide to apply a tone or manner which is put their only by the person reading it.

rodrigo
01-26-2010, 04:29 PM
If you can't read a facial expression or a vocal tone though why do people associate one? Thats what i want to know...its like they read something nuetral and decide to apply a tone or manner which is put their only by the person reading it.

i think when its a counterargument this kind of stuff tends to happen

MrMcKeigue
01-26-2010, 05:53 PM

Well a lot of people just forget to add small things to make it take on the mood it's supposed to, such as adding ellipses or a "haha." Otherwise it can be possible to add a tone to it as long as the reader is savvy enough to pick up on it.

Lifestyle_X
01-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Or smilies. Dusty disabled those just to test us !!

straightXed
01-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Well a lot of people just forget to add small things to make it take on the mood it's supposed to, such as adding ellipses or a "haha." Otherwise it can be possible to add a tone to it as long as the reader is savvy enough to pick up on it.

That disregards the point of if something is written nuetrally. No haha or ellipses (which tend to be used incorrectly anyway) just neutral text that is then taken by the reader to mean something more, why people add things that aren't there is what i am referring to.

straightXed
01-27-2010, 08:39 AM

and it is pretty damn refreshing not having to wade through seas of senseless smilies don't you think?

straightXed
01-27-2010, 08:43 AM
i think when its a counterargument this kind of stuff tends to happen

It is usually attached or projected on counter arguments, but why? It just seems to become so much more personal when someone thinks differently, and makes us seem less secure about things if we respond that way i feel.

xsecx
01-27-2010, 08:57 AM

I completely forgot I did that. good job me!

xsecx
01-27-2010, 09:03 AM
It is usually attached or projected on counter arguments, but why? It just seems to become so much more personal when someone thinks differently, and makes us seem less secure about things if we respond that way i feel.

people get defensive and sometimes read more into something than was intended because of it. Then there's times when people should get defensive because the intended tone is harsh but there's no good way to tell since for the most part it's nuanced.

Lifestyle_X
01-27-2010, 10:08 AM
and it is pretty damn refreshing not having to wade through seas of senseless smilies don't you think?

Yeah this forum rocks. It's the only forum I've ever seen that doesn't have smilies. sxe.com is one of a kind !

straightXed
01-27-2010, 10:57 AM
people get defensive and sometimes read more into something than was intended because of it. Then there's times when people should get defensive because the intended tone is harsh but there's no good way to tell since for the most part it's nuanced.

a guy at work today got really defensive with me because i pointed out that he was being xenophobic. He was saying bloody foreingners and generally saying he doesn't like people of different nations. I questioned him a little to see what he thought of being xenophobic and he thought it was a good thing and that it showed he had pride in being english. I pointed out that you can be proud without being hateful of other nations but he then just started getting really defensive and i ended up feeling like i was in the wrong. I'm not sure why i am saying this but i guess its because all i seem to come across is negative and ignorant thinking and i start to feel like my stance and opinion is just offensive to pretty much everyone. It pisses me off.

xF1GHTERx
01-28-2010, 12:12 AM

Thanks dude I'm a real straight edge. If he thinks im a poser it's his fault. I almost died of alcohol poisoning at a friends house I've done weed. And one of my Friends died of a drug over does that isnt me being straight edge is who I am I even have a tattoo already. So thanks guys

SgtD
01-28-2010, 02:43 AM

http://planetsmilies.net/sad-smiley-379.gif

xsecx
01-29-2010, 10:52 AM
http://planetsmilies.net/sad-smiley-379.gif

you'll find a way to cope.

SgtD
01-29-2010, 12:51 PM
you'll find a way to cope.

i will http://i.pbase.com/u29/thewebguy/upload/17867037.smiley.gif

SgtD
01-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks dude I'm a real straight edge. If he thinks im a poser it's his fault. I almost died of alcohol poisoning at a friends house I've done weed. And one of my Friends died of a drug over does that isnt me being straight edge is who I am I even have a tattoo already. So thanks guys

i hope you'll enjoy your stay here, it's a good community. what are your favourite hardcore bands?

xF1GHTERx
01-31-2010, 11:45 PM
i hope you'll enjoy your stay here, it's a good community. what are your favourite hardcore bands?

Well right now my favs ate black flag, gorilla biscuits, and the ghost inside. What are yours?

SgtD
02-01-2010, 06:03 AM
Well right now my favs ate black flag, gorilla biscuits, and the ghost inside. What are yours?

that's a good selection, I don't know the ghost inside, i have to look it up.
I have lots of favourites, but if I had to narrow it down to five, i would say black flag, youth of today, negative approach, insted and S.O.D.

mouseman004
02-01-2010, 10:57 AM

The Ghost Inside are awesome!!