PDA

View Full Version : My school is going international.

Lifestyle_X
01-20-2010, 06:08 PM
To be more specific, DAE.

I attend college in the HoWest in Kortrijk. This is a city in West of Flanders, Belgium and it is well known for it's IT. It is specialized in it under the name MCT (Media and Communication Technology).

MCT has 3 courses, all bachelors that take 6 semesters.

NMCT - New Media & Communication Technology. (hardcore programmers!)
Devine - Digital Design & Media (what I study).
DAE - Digital Arts & Entertainment ( game development).

If you have any questions about these courses, shoot !

The HoWest is going to make DAE an English course, so that it would be open for international students also. That's also the reason why I'm posting this, if anyone is interested..

But DAE is no shit, when it was first introduced it had a success rate of 30%.. HoWest had to make it a bit easier so it would be at least 50% I heard, government demanded that.

Even though I'm not a DAE'er but a Deviner (name is way cooler), I find this very interesting and I'm very proud of this. I'll link you guys.

Digital Arts & Entertainment (http://www.digitalartsandentertainment.be/#/en/News/), you can find some work of the students and all the other information.

linsee
01-20-2010, 07:16 PM
That's pretty awesome. :)

rodrigo
01-20-2010, 09:37 PM
To be more specific, DAE.

I attend college in the HoWest in Kortrijk. This is a city in West of Flanders, Belgium and it is well known for it's IT. It is specialized in it under the name MCT (Media and Communication Technology).

MCT has 3 courses, all bachelors that take 6 semesters.

NMCT - New Media & Communication Technology. (hardcore programmers!)
Devine - Digital Design & Media (what I study).
DAE - Digital Arts & Entertainment ( game development).

If you have any questions about these courses, shoot !

The HoWest is going to make DAE an English course, so that it would be open for international students also. That's also the reason why I'm posting this, if anyone is interested..

But DAE is no shit, when it was first introduced it had a success rate of 30%.. HoWest had to make it a bit easier so it would be at least 50% I heard, government demanded that.

Even though I'm not a DAE'er but a Deviner (name is way cooler), I find this very interesting and I'm very proud of this. I'll link you guys.

Digital Arts & Entertainment (http://www.digitalartsandentertainment.be/#/en/News/), you can find some work of the students and all the other information.

i didnt really understand anything, but what i think i got sounds awesome

Lifestyle_X
01-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Just a post about DAE will be given in English so that it's open for international students. I'm way to proud you know.

xvunderx
01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
That's pretty cool, sounds like it must be a really good course

Lifestyle_X
01-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I think last year was the first year that students graduated from DAE. Not much, 30 or 40 of the 300 that started 3 years ago. Most of 'em instantly had jobs, mostly abroad working for example EA or Valve.

rodrigo
01-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I think last year was the first year that students graduated from DAE. Not much, 30 or 40 of the 300 that started 3 years ago. Most of 'em instantly had jobs, mostly abroad working for example EA or Valve.

that sounds awesome! wish i could go