PDA

View Full Version : caffeine....what do you think

xyouthx
01-07-2004, 10:33 AM
well i stopped drinking caffiene about 5 months ago when i read of how serious of a drug it is. But when i hang out with other sXe people i notice that some still drink coke and pepsi and stuff, and others don't. Personally im not sure if i'll go the rest of my life without caffeine cause i don't know how big of a deal it is. But it's easy to say that i'll be edge for life. so i was wondering what does everyone think about caffeine?

xvunderx
01-07-2004, 11:36 AM
There are a fair few threads on this subject, my personal deal is that caffine is a drug, and a pretty addictive and damaging one to boot, I personaly steer clear.

straightXed
01-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Yeah its pretty nasty stuff, real sneaky like, i generally don't consume that stuff.

Captain Morgan
01-07-2004, 11:34 PM
Arr!
Caffeine be a natural substancer and it be in lots of things like chocolate and apples and such arr.
I wouldn't recommend givin up caffeine totally as things like apples can help prevent scurvy, and ye don't be wantin that. Fake caffeine in cola's and pills an' such be nasty tho. arr.
I don't really know if I have a point...just cuz it be natural doesn't mean its safe I suppose...arr....
but apples are good, so they be.

xsecx
01-07-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Captain Morgan
Arr!
Caffeine be a natural substancer and it be in lots of things like chocolate and apples and such arr.
I wouldn't recommend givin up caffeine totally as things like apples can help prevent scurvy, and ye don't be wantin that. Fake caffeine in cola's and pills an' such be nasty tho. arr.
I don't really know if I have a point...just cuz it be natural doesn't mean its safe I suppose...arr....
but apples are good, so they be.

you need to do more research to be a proper pirate. especially since apples aren't high in vitamin c and scurvy is a vitamin c definceny.

Captain Morgan
01-08-2004, 12:04 AM
I'm semi-trying to stay in character.
In those days we didn't know that it was vitamin C that be causin scurvey. We jist knew that fresh fruits be preventin' it. Ships would often leave with apples in the hold to preven sailors from getting sick. Since you have to restock often they would pick up what was available at port markets. In the caribbean that happened to be things like lemons, limes and oranges. Things that be havin vitamin C, so they do. They didn't realize that apples didn't help for a long time.

'course, we didn't know that apples had caffeine either....
arr.

xsecx
01-08-2004, 12:08 AM
I'm semi-trying to stay in character.
In those days we didn't know that it was vitamin C that be causin scurvey. We jist knew that fresh fruits be preventin' it. Ships would often leave with apples in the hold to preven sailors from getting sick. Since you have to restock often they would pick up what was available at port markets. In the caribbean that happened to be things like lemons, limes and oranges. Things that be havin vitamin C, so they do. They didn't realize that apples didn't help for a long time.

'course, we didn't know that apples had caffeine either....
arr.

I think the sea air might have gotten to your brain. I'm fairly certain apples don't have caffeine. cyanide in the seeds yeah.

Captain Morgan
01-08-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
I think the sea air might have gotten to your brain. I'm fairly certain apples don't have caffeine. cyanide in the seeds yeah.

Arr.....
Lemme check something more reliable than "Ye Olde Booke of Piratical Knowlege"
Aye... no caffeine in apples. Cyanice tho... *kicks the book overboard*
Ye won't get me on the chocolate though!! Arr!

straightXed
01-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Arr.....

I'm limey.

xsecx
01-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Arr.....

except that the amount of caffiene that's in chocolate is the same as a decaf cup of coffee so it's hardly worth concerning yourself about.

xDOUGxDIGGLERx
01-08-2004, 01:04 PM
well if you give it up make sure you give it up for good, cos it really fucks with your head, even after just a month.

Captain Morgan
01-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
I'm limey.

limey? Like....ye taste like limes?

xvunderx
01-09-2004, 07:33 AM

Oh cap'n Morgan you must know this one!!!!!!!

straightXed
01-09-2004, 08:42 AM

maybe, i'm also scurvey free and have a funny accent to boot.