PDA

View Full Version : Let the consumerism continue!

CarlaRant
01-10-2010, 08:25 AM
My family is starting to catch on to the idea of giving gift cards. I received $50 for Lush (ironically does not have anything to do with booze), $50 for Barnes and Noble, and $30 for Amazon. Thanks to the in-store sales, everything but the Amazon card is gone, but there's a wish list awaiting that.

So question: What gifts have you bought for yourself after the holidays?

rodrigo
01-10-2010, 08:30 AM
My family is starting to catch on to the idea of giving gift cards. I received $50 for Lush (ironically does not have anything to do with booze), $50 for Barnes and Noble, and $30 for Amazon. Thanks to the in-store sales, everything but the Amazon card is gone, but there's a wish list awaiting that.

Will Eisner's Comics and Secuential Art and the hardcover edition of Death: The High Cost Of Living

straightXed
01-10-2010, 09:43 AM

i bought a reduced gift set of shower gel and body spray. it was 50% cheaper.

Lifestyle_X
01-10-2010, 02:42 PM
A little book with 450 pattern designs, the book 'We-Think' and another one 'The best of PHP and MySQL'.

linsee
01-10-2010, 03:58 PM
I bought myself new plugs.

sabresnmets
01-10-2010, 04:29 PM
3 t-shirts, and two hoodies.

Lifestyle_X
01-11-2010, 04:41 AM
I love hoodies, I'm wearing one now of the Smithsonian.

nataliefayeg
01-11-2010, 05:01 AM
I bought a very cute dress, pair of pants on sale(new fav pair!), a shirt, skirt, couple tappers, along with gas, food and food for others!

xvunderx
01-11-2010, 08:36 AM
I picked up a Vivienne Westwood purse, and some killer shoes

xGriffox
01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Will Eisner's Comics and Secuential Art and the hardcover edition of Death: The High Cost Of Living

I have been wanting to pick up the compiled issues of Death for a while now. I also still need to finish Sandman itself...

sabresnmets
01-11-2010, 05:24 PM
I love hoodies, I'm wearing one now of the Smithsonian.
i know, if i could wear hoodies all year round i would.

Lifestyle_X
01-12-2010, 01:42 PM
i know, if i could wear hoodies all year round i would.

I could say I share the same opinion, if it wasn't for my big t-shirt love !

sabresnmets
01-13-2010, 08:55 AM
I could say I share the same opinion, if it wasn't for my big t-shirt love !
I like hoodies more because it hides my skinny physique. t-shirts are nice as well

Lifestyle_X
01-13-2010, 01:23 PM
I like hoodies more because it hides my skinny physique. t-shirts are nice as well

I was amazed when I bought myself a sweater today without cap or pockets. The problem over here is that they have more and more of those fancy and flashy clothes. With motives of skulls or little +'es on them. They don't have those classic skate hoodies or college-hoodies anymore. The same with the shoes, all these different skate shoes but almost none of the old type.. Got a hold on a nice element belt and deck btw.

sabresnmets
01-13-2010, 04:14 PM
I was amazed when I bought myself a sweater today without cap or pockets. The problem over here is that they have more and more of those fancy and flashy clothes. With motives of skulls or little +'es on them. They don't have those classic skate hoodies or college-hoodies anymore. The same with the shoes, all these different skate shoes but almost none of the old type.. Got a hold on a nice element belt and deck btw.

I hate all the new clothes that are shiney!!! i will NOT wear any clothing that is shiney.

rodrigo
01-24-2010, 03:43 PM
I have been wanting to pick up the compiled issues of Death for a while now. I also still need to finish Sandman itself...

i never really cared much about anything that gaiman did, never read anything of the sandman. now i just finished the high cost of living and if the rest is as good as that one, i've been missing out.