PDA

View Full Version : .... Never thought about it....

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-05-2004, 11:43 PM
I never really thought about this to hard.... but what about tylenol...... is it still considered a drug because of its painkilling effects?

straightXed
01-06-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
I never really thought about this to hard.... but what about tylenol...... is it still considered a drug because of its painkilling effects?

It is a drug.

xsecx
01-06-2004, 07:42 AM

lots of things are drugs.
tylenol is a drug. all medicines are drugs.

sabresnmets
01-06-2004, 06:35 PM
this has come up a lot. i think as long as your not using it all the time to kill a "nagging" pain that wont go away, its ok but i dont use it unless im dying from pain. if im in so much pain then ill use it but usually sleep works better than any type of asprin.

straightXed
01-06-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by sabresnmets
this has come up a lot. i think as long as your not using it all the time to kill a "nagging" pain that wont go away, its ok but i dont use it unless im dying from pain. if im in so much pain then ill use it but usually sleep works better than any type of asprin.

I find it funny when people say its not edge to take medication when you are ill and/or have a condition requiring medicine, not edge is not what that is, moronic is what that is.

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-06-2004, 08:07 PM
What about cough syrup... i know nyquil has alcohol in it...and i wont take that... but is there a cough medicine out there that doesnt have alcohol in it...... or is it only the ones that make you drowsy that have alcohol in them? Because thats what makes you tired so if they dont make you tired does that mean they are alcohol free?

XxXmichelleXxX
01-06-2004, 09:27 PM
they do make cough meds. that dont have alcohol. try a like CVS brand of Tussin i know they dont have alcohol. if u dont have a CVS, just look around the med. isle, most of the TUSSINS dont have it, but be careful some do.

now i have a question wich is prolly dumn so plz dont bite my head off. but im on prescritption pain meds, but some times if its not soo bad i just take like advil or asprin, now if i consider myself edge but take like advil am i justa poser? and is it still okay 2 take my pain killers if its prescritption? (its nuttin too strong lika codiene of vividin.)

sabresnmets
01-06-2004, 10:58 PM
What about cough syrup... i know nyquil has alcohol in it...and i wont take that... but is there a cough medicine out there that doesnt have alcohol in it...... or is it only the ones that make you drowsy that have alcohol in them? Because thats what makes you tired so if they dont make you tired does that mean they are alcohol free?

yeah i think nyquil is evil. ive never had it nor will i ever, but seriously i think that if you need to take meds, you need to take meds, just dont make it an everyday thing.

linsee
01-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by sabresnmets
seriously i think that if you need to take meds, you need to take meds

exactly

xvunderx
01-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Just ask yourself this one simple question...... Is it drug abuse?

xsecx
01-07-2004, 07:53 AM

is your question whether or not something is a drug or whether or not it's a good idea to take it?

xsecx
01-07-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by XxXmichelleXxX
they do make cough meds. that dont have alcohol. try a like CVS brand of Tussin i know they dont have alcohol. if u dont have a CVS, just look around the med. isle, most of the TUSSINS dont have it, but be careful some do.

now i have a question wich is prolly dumn so plz dont bite my head off. but im on prescritption pain meds, but some times if its not soo bad i just take like advil or asprin, now if i consider myself edge but take like advil am i justa poser? and is it still okay 2 take my pain killers if its prescritption? (its nuttin too strong lika codiene of vividin.)

just because it doesn't have alcohol doesn't mean it's good for you.

that being said kids do drink cough syrup for the drug effect which has nothing to do with the alcohol and everything to do with the Dextromethorphan that is in them.

and if you're that worried about your pain medication why don't you talk to your dr to find out what the best solution is rather than a bunch of kids without medical degrees?

xsecx
01-07-2004, 03:43 PM
I would also like to add to this thread

"If I never thought about it, I would not, be here today!"

embrace. great band.

flame_still_burns
01-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
I would also like to add to this thread

"If I never thought about it, I would not, be here today!"

embrace. great band.

it's funny you quoted that... every time i saw this thread title that song goes through my head.

xsecx
01-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
it's funny you quoted that... every time i saw this thread title that song goes through my head.

same with mine. and I was like. more people should like embrace and talk about them.

flame_still_burns
01-07-2004, 04:10 PM
i love embrace.

there was a time then i was absolutely obsessed with all the revolution summer bands from the mid 80's. primarily embrace and rites of spring.

this is the only 'emo' worth listening to.

'no more alcohol, it's a kool-aid substitute' great line.

by the way did you ever hear that embrace tribute album? that was a fucking trainwreck. i think every song was butchered... ashes and undertow doing embrace songs? yikes.

xsecx
01-07-2004, 10:03 PM
i love embrace.

there was a time then i was absolutely obsessed with all the revolution summer bands from the mid 80's. primarily embrace and rites of spring.

'no more alcohol, it's a kool-aid substitute' great line.

by the way did you ever hear that embrace tribute album? that was a fucking trainwreck. i think every song was butchered... ashes and undertow doing embrace songs? yikes.

yeah I have it somewhere. the avail cover was ok.

flame_still_burns
01-07-2004, 10:06 PM
that's right. they did 'said gun' i beleive.

i had the record but i have no idea what happened to it.

words are dreams
01-08-2004, 04:16 AM
i love embrace.

i definitely agree that both are wonderful bands, but the only 'emo' worth listening to?

navio forge? indian summer? saetia? still life? clikitat ikatowi? heroin? antioch arrow? native nod? angel hair? serotonin? you and i? the khayembii communique? yaphet kotto?

flame_still_burns
01-08-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by words are dreams
i definitely agree that both are wonderful bands, but the only 'emo' worth listening to?

navio forge? indian summer? saetia? still life? clikitat ikatowi? heroin? antioch arrow? native nod? angel hair? serotonin? you and i? the khayembii communique? yaphet kotto?

with the exception of navio forge, who i thought was a fucking great band... the rest of those bands do little for me.

they run the gammut between just tedious to listen to (still life), to bands that were more concerned with having a fashion show then writing songs with substance (antioch arrow, angel hair...and the VSS) to having chris leo in them (who was once a friend, but now an enemy).(native nod).

i won't pass judgement on all of these bands because i have never heard you and i, the khayembii communique, or yaphet kotto. but with the commercialization of the word emo, i'm sure they would hesitate saying they were ever in an emo band. and i'm sure they probably aren't my taste.

i saw many of these bands play. i felt this wave of emo traded in sincerity for a counterfeit cool. but it was an interesting time in hardcore. there was definately a splintering, or a genre-fying of the community, it confused me. one of the best shows i ever saw had hoover and mouthpiece on the same stage-same day. i liked both of those bands...that is a diverse bill.

xsecx
01-08-2004, 09:18 AM
with the exception of navio forge, who i thought was a fucking great band... the rest of those bands do little for me.

they run the gammut between just tedious to listen to (still life), to bands that were more concerned with having a fashion show then writing songs with substance (antioch arrow, angel hair...and the VSS) to having chris leo in them (who was once a friend, but now an enemy).(native nod).

i won't pass judgement on all of these bands because i have never heard you and i, the khayembii communique, or yaphet kotto. but with the commercialization of the word emo, i'm sure they would hesitate saying they were ever in an emo band. and i'm sure they probably aren't my taste.

i saw many of these bands play. i felt this wave of emo traded in sincerity for a counterfeit cool. but it was an interesting time in hardcore. there was definately a splintering, or a genre-fying of the community, it confused me. one of the best shows i ever saw had hoover and mouthpiece on the same stage-same day. i liked both of those bands...that is a diverse bill.

was that one of the middlesex shows?

xsecx
01-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by words are dreams

why do emo kids always throw out the same list of bands and why do they find it so hard to believe that a lot of people think they're all utter shit?

flame_still_burns
01-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
was that one of the middlesex shows?

nah.. i did see mouthpiece at middlesex a few times... but traci bergman did all those shows and she'd never book anything that wasn't youth crew as all get out...

this was the saturday of the first dayton fest in 93. it was crazy. a band like lincoln would play followed by earth crisis. then outspoken would play after greyhouse. really strange mixes... something you'd probably never see now, but it worked.

xvunderx
01-08-2004, 10:21 AM
nah.. i did see mouthpiece at middlesex a few times... but traci bergman did all those shows and she'd never book anything that wasn't youth crew as all get out...

this was the saturday of the first dayton fest in 93. it was crazy. a band like lincoln would play followed by earth crisis. then outspoken would play after greyhouse. really strange mixes... something you'd probably never see now, but it worked.

You get some pretty odd mixes sometimes over in the UK still.