PDA

View Full Version : Best Melodic Hardcore Bands

xSouthernEdgex
12-02-2009, 03:21 PM
I need some positive Hardcore bands in my life similar to Bane and Have Heart, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

SgtD
12-02-2009, 04:22 PM
I need some positive Hardcore bands in my life similar to Bane and Have Heart, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

ummm...i thought this thread was about something different. i defenitely wouldn't call those bands melodic hardcore. Dag Nasty - that's melodic hardcore for ya.

I'm probably not the best person to answer you, because i dislike both bands

xSouthernEdgex
12-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Ah well thanks anyway.

Maybe someone can help me with what I'm looking for.
I'm kind of feeling the Have Heart/bane sound right now. Whatever it may be called.

i do like Dag Nasty though

xsecx
12-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Ah well thanks anyway.

Maybe someone can help me with what I'm looking for.
I'm kind of feeling the Have Heart/bane sound right now. Whatever it may be called.

i do like Dag Nasty though

I was thinking the same thing as dini.

but yeah. bands like ignite, count me out, turning point, in my eyes, circle storm, battery are probably what you're looking for.

lo0m
12-03-2009, 01:05 AM
if you want MELODIC hardcore, i would say h2o.. if you want someting haveheartish, i say try Verse..

XNeverDieX
12-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Check out More Than Life. Great band, listen to this song called fear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sco9bmThwDU

stewa_sk8
12-06-2009, 11:02 AM
melodic ... hmmmmm, best for me ... Propagandhi and Ignite ... :-D

XwisebloodX
12-07-2009, 02:49 PM
i would recommend ignite, stretch armstrong, strike anywhere, propaghandi and only fumes and corpses. i hope that helps

xGriffox
12-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Listen to Modern Life Is War, I just heard them again after about a year and a half and am wondering why I ever stopped listening to 'em.

stewa_sk8
12-08-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't think MODERN LIFE IS WAR is so melodic, but... everyone see that in his own way !!! ;-) ;-)

beside IGNITE and PROPAGANDHI ... BOY SETS FIRE is melodic for sure ... ;-)

straightXed
12-08-2009, 10:31 AM
For typical melodic hardcore i would check stay gold, kid dynamite, none more black and stuff like that

xSouthernEdgex
12-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all this guys. i'm definitely looking into some of these bands. Obviously I was a little mislead/misunderstanding in the correct name for the sub genre I was looking for. I'm just hitting a rough patch in my life and music has been my therapy for a while. I've been digging Have Heart a lot more than usual because of the angry sounding music that has a positive message.

xSouthernEdgex
12-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Also, this is a double post. I was gonna youtube some of these bands because I really don't know where I can go to hear these bands but when I type them in I get nothing similar to what I'm looking for. Any ideas?

straightXed
12-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Also, this is a double post. I was gonna youtube some of these bands because I really don't know where I can go to hear these bands but when I type them in I get nothing similar to what I'm looking for. Any ideas?

My space has songs from most of the bands mentioned

xSouthernEdgex
12-12-2009, 03:24 PM
My space has songs from most of the bands mentioned

gah, I guess I have to finally move back to myspace lol

Thanks for that