PDA

View Full Version : EUROPEAN hardcore

xDOUGxDIGGLERx
01-05-2004, 03:05 PM
it is full of fresh ideas which is good as it breaks the norm, but i can't help findin it a bit wet

what does everyone think?

straightXed
01-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by xDOUGxDIGGLERx
it is full of fresh ideas which is good as it breaks the norm, but i can't help findin it a bit wet

what does everyone think?

What bands are you refering too, theres some fucking killer european bands, i like the european stuff a lot but theres some right shite there too.

xvunderx
01-07-2004, 07:44 AM
I don't really know what you mean? I have heard kids go on about somting kinda similar, and they are normaly trying to emulate the "bad" aspects of the US scene. I also think if you mean that euro bands are a bit soft i think you might want to check out a lot more euro bands.

Baby Doll
01-29-2004, 02:55 PM
there's a lot of very good european hc bands.but ok. not everyone has to like them.

SgtD
02-02-2004, 03:42 AM
there are really good bands, and there are these metal-core bands who just play metal without solos, or play 3 chords on and on.
the biggest problem is the U.S. bands wouldn't do a gig in every european contry. maybe our scenes aren't good enough.

xvunderx
02-02-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by SgtD
there are really good bands, and there are these metal-core bands who just play metal without solos, or play 3 chords on and on.
the biggest problem is the U.S. bands wouldn't do a gig in every european contry. maybe our scenes aren't good enough.

I think the scenes are plenty 'good enough". I just don't think Europe, or the the rest of the world for that matter gets as much press or attention. Even in Europe alot of the kids (Maybe most) still look to the US first, if even the kids in the scenes are looking to the green hardcore pastures of the US, then the scenes are going to seem less important. I personaly love European hardcore, and spend more of my time trying to find bands outside of the US. (I have a huge shopping list for when I am able to shop for records again) I think it's really interesting to hear and see whats happening all over the world, it's amazing how far it has all spread.

sXe_chicana
02-10-2004, 09:56 AM
i agree
id say i prefer foreign hardcore over american hardcore cuz something about it I like alot... it just has character but it does seem like most of it is just clones of american stuff.
If you look at foreign scenes esp, it just looks like kids are trying their best to create carbon copy of what they invision the american scene to be. Much like kids here just copy what they see other kids in the scene doin. Everyone are a bunch of little monkeys just mimicing eachother. Thats lame but its not to say that some kids arent putting a stamp of their own.

drillcore
02-25-2004, 04:28 AM
there are some good european hXc bands, a lot of them however and generally dismissed because theyre not sXe or old-school (thats the narrow mindedness for you)

the label dead and gone (www.deadandgone.co.uk) is a sXe label and all the bands on it are punky, kinda old-school and sXe but unfortunately all shite. some UK bands are eden maine, products of the fall, d-rail, beecher, of noble blood, ...cant think of any more

xjosephx
03-08-2004, 04:23 PM
i can assure you all that there are a lot of good europe
bands....hardcore nī metal and all kinds of stuff...

because i live in europe....he he...

straightXed
03-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by xjosephx
i can assure you all that there are a lot of good europe
bands....hardcore nī metal and all kinds of stuff...

because i live in europe....he he...

where abouts?

xjosephx
03-10-2004, 09:49 AM
In iceland......

xsecx
03-10-2004, 09:53 AM
In iceland......

does iceland really count as europe? like do bands actually make stops in iceland since it's so isolated?

xjosephx
03-10-2004, 09:57 AM
was that a joke???

where always getting bands..like converge,sick of it all,stretch armstrong,heaven shall burn,The hope conspirasi,Give up the ghost,Matodon, and many others!!!

xsecx
03-10-2004, 10:58 AM
was that a joke???

where always getting bands..like converge,sick of it all,stretch armstrong,heaven shall burn,The hope conspirasi,Give up the ghost,Matodon, and many others!!!

no I was serious. Since it's require flying in and out of iceland and renting equipment just for there, and merch just for there, it would seem like a really tough place of touring bands to go to. It's not like the rest our europe where you just fly in one place, rent a van, and equipment and drive around to wherever you want.

xjosephx
03-10-2004, 12:20 PM
ok..i understand that..

no,,the point is...that if you fly from a america to europe
you stop at iceland first...so the bands take iceland before
they go bus touring europe....

and i didn mean to be rude when i sayd ''was that a joke''

just came out the wrong way...