PDA

View Full Version : Hellfest 2010, Open Air Festival, France

Marion
11-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I never thought I would be writing something about this French festival called Hellfest. And never had I imagine I would attend Hellfest again. It may be the biggest extreme music fest in France, but it's mainly full of drunk people lol. I was smiling at the latest annoucement of the festival (KISS as a headliner haha) and I took a look at the other bands on the list...and I knew that I had to go!

7 SECONDS - AGNOSTIC FRONT - ARCHITECTS - ARCH ENEMY - ATHEIST - BEHEMOTH - BLACK COBRA - BLOODBATH - BORN FROM PAIN - COUNT RAVEN - DARK FUNERAL - DYING FETUS - EARTH CRISIS - FINNTROLL - GENERAL SURGERY - GHOST BRIGADE - GWAR -
IMMORTAL - KAMPFAR - NEGURA BUNGET - OBSCURA - RWAKE - SAVIOURS - SECRETS OF THE MOON - SEPULTURA - SUFFOCATION - SWALLOW THE SUN - SWORN ENEMY - TANKARD - TWISTED SISTER - WALLS OF JERICHO - WEEDEATER

80 more to be annouced

(source (http://www.hellfest.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4931))
more infos: http://www.hellfest.fr/

7 Seconds, Agnostic Front and Earth Crisis...nice!
WOJ is awesome too (saw them already at Hellfest 2007, though)

What do you think about it? Anyone planning on going?

rodrigo
11-23-2009, 02:00 PM
I never thought I would be writing something about this French festival called Hellfest. And never had I imagine I would attend Hellfest again. It may be the biggest extreme music fest in France, but it's mainly full of drunk people lol. I was smiling at the latest annoucement of the festival (KISS as a headliner haha) and I took a look at the other bands on the list...and I knew that I had to go!

7 SECONDS - AGNOSTIC FRONT - ARCHITECTS - ARCH ENEMY - ATHEIST - BEHEMOTH - BLACK COBRA - BLOODBATH - BORN FROM PAIN - COUNT RAVEN - DARK FUNERAL - DYING FETUS - EARTH CRISIS - FINNTROLL - GENERAL SURGERY - GHOST BRIGADE - GWAR -
IMMORTAL - KAMPFAR - NEGURA BUNGET - OBSCURA - RWAKE - SAVIOURS - SECRETS OF THE MOON - SEPULTURA - SUFFOCATION - SWALLOW THE SUN - SWORN ENEMY - TANKARD - TWISTED SISTER - WALLS OF JERICHO - WEEDEATER

80 more to be annouced

(source (http://www.hellfest.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4931))
more infos: http://www.hellfest.fr/

7 Seconds, Agnostic Front and Earth Crisis...nice!
WOJ is awesome too (saw them already at Hellfest 2007, though)

What do you think about it? Anyone planning on going?

i would just go for 7 seconds, gwar and maybe sepultura
agnostic front would be watchable, but not as cool...

but i'm nowhere near!

SgtD
11-23-2009, 04:35 PM
what a shitty mix of bands! definitely would not go. i'd love to see 7 seconds again, but not at an open air festival, and most definitely not as a non-headliner sometime at 5-6 in the afternoon. it's gonna suck most likely. AF i've seen 3 times, should be cool to see them again, but the same applies to them as well. i could make one hell of a show picking out 4 bands and let them play in a crowded club.

CarlaRant
11-23-2009, 06:47 PM
I like 7 Seconds, Agnostic Front and Walls of Jericho. It would bring back good memories to see them.

xGriffox
11-23-2009, 07:21 PM
I would go for Immortal and Earth Crisis alone, if I were in Europe that is.

Marion
11-24-2009, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't expect people from the US to go there. Every year, there's people from America, Asia and stuffs...but they're definitely not straight haha.
I was more thinking of the guys from like Europe

what a shitty mix of bands! definitely would not go. i'd love to see 7 seconds again, but not at an open air festival, and most definitely not as a non-headliner sometime at 5-6 in the afternoon. it's gonna suck most likely. AF i've seen 3 times, should be cool to see them again, but the same applies to them as well. i could make one hell of a show picking out 4 bands and let them play in a crowded club.

yep, shitty mix but France has never seen that many sxe bands at the same time lol

I've been to over 100 concerts, and only ONE of them featured a sxe band. So Hellfest looks unbelievable to me this year

SgtD
11-24-2009, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't expect people from the US to go there. Every year, there's people from America, Asia and stuffs...but they're definitely not straight haha.
I was more thinking of the guys from like Europe

yep, shitty mix but France has never seen that many sxe bands at the same time lol

I've been to over 100 concerts, and only ONE of them featured a sxe band. So Hellfest looks unbelievable to me this year
i'm sure there are a lot of smaller bands who hit up france, maybe they are not promoted well.