PDA

View Full Version : vegan cookbooks

linsee
11-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Which ones are the best? I have a newly-vegan friend that I need to get a Christmas gift for, and this would be super ideal for him. Bonus points for vegan baking cookbooks, I want one for myself.

CarlaRant
11-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Vegan With A Vegeance <-- <3<3<3 My favorite so far
How It All Vegan <-- <3
Skinny Bitch & Skinny Bitch in the Kitch--There's also a version for vegan moms-to-be that I'm sure someone will get me when I'm knocked up
Veganomicon--my mentor says is the end-all cookbook for vegans, great for beginners
Table For Two--I bought after marrying to learn to scale down my recipes
Better Than Peanut Butter and Jelly--my first veg cookbook
Sinfully Vegan -- desserts-only!
Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World --Use the same recipes for cakes, just double the ingredients
Vegan Cookies Take Over the World -- I don't own this one, but have been told it's great

xGriffox
11-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Get Veganomicon. It has everything, is really well organized, and is affordable.

linsee
11-24-2009, 01:22 AM
Thanks guys!

I want to bake something vegan for work for our christmas luncheon, so i'm super excited about checking out the dessert ones.

xsecx
11-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Get Veganomicon. It has everything, is really well organized, and is affordable.

I thought vegans weren't supposed to use cheese?

CarlaRant
08-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Most recent vegan cookbook gift - Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker. I treated myself to a Power Pressure Cooker XL (slow cooker/pressure cooker/canner all-in-one device) and this cookbook has been a lifesaver! I throw everything in the pot, set the timer and come home a hot, delicious, vegan meal that Hubby, Little Man, and I love.

Lifestyle_X
08-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Do you have any recommendations for low fat vegan recipe books?

CarlaRant
08-14-2016, 10:40 AM
Do you have any recommendations for low fat vegan recipe books?

Yeah, Appetite for Reduction is good.