PDA

View Full Version : hello everybody

thtpunkrockerkid
11-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey everyone my name is Matt. This is my straight edge story! I have only been straight edge for about 6 months. Before I was straight edge i was the exact opposite. I thought it was cool to be an idiot and get drunk and high, but thanks to me looking at my dad who took the same path I was about to take I knew if I continued I would be just as much a failure as he is. And yes that is kinda harsh to call ur dad a failure but if you had to put up with his constant drinking you to wouldn't mind calling him a failure (but I also would like to say he is getting alot better now that the whole family has told him how we feel about his problem). Anyways back to my story. A few months before I decided to give up drinking and all that stuff I got into a band that most, if not all, of you guys know Rise Against. Well thats how I found out about straight edge. I knew it was the perfect thing for me so I decided to look more into it. Everything after has been pretty good and thats pretty much the story =]

A few things to know about me are that I'm 14, I'm a guitarist, I live in Tennessee, and that I love to just hang out and listen to music

easy
11-16-2009, 11:24 AM
i think im gonna write a children's book about being edge! awesome huh?

xAdamSx
11-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the forum Matt. Rise Against are a pretty awesome band, although I only recently discovered they were edge!

How good a guitarist would you say you were?