PDA

View Full Version : back from the dead?

Reclaim MY LIFE!
11-14-2009, 10:07 AM
hi, im 35 year old man. ive been into punk and hardcore and skateboarding since age 10 . got into all three cause I looked up to my step-brother. id say I found straight edge after I tried drinkin and some minor drugs. at age 16 I got into minor threat,youth of today,G.B., and some other New York based based bands. I got a little crew together and we all stoped messin with beer and weed. we started the first hardcore band in the imperial valley(where im from) and all was good. to cut a long story short, me and my friends got back into booze and drugz. I can say for myself beer and drugs aint no joke. that shit is hard on the body and really on the mind and nerves . LUCKLY I found the love of my life (my wife) and stoped do all drugs . but continued to drink. My wife does not do drugs nor is she a punk or into hardcore. she's just a beautiful sweet person. She put up with my drinkin for the last ten years ( not that im abusive or a angry drunk) but as I looked at my self REALLY FUCKIN HARD i was still a drunk and loser and doing nothing for our life together. I still have allways enjoyed punk and hardcore music(played in many bands through the years) and its the STRAIGHT EDGE hardcore thats helping me a ton to stay clean and sober. (plus my wife and child) i want to live life completly sober for the first time in many,many years.

SgtD
11-14-2009, 11:46 AM
hi, im 35 year old man. ive been into punk and hardcore and skateboarding since age 10 . got into all three cause I looked up to my step-brother. id say I found straight edge after I tried drinkin and some minor drugs. at age 16 I got into minor threat,youth of today,G.B., and some other New York based based bands. I got a little crew together and we all stoped messin with beer and weed. we started the first hardcore band in the imperial valley(where im from) and all was good. to cut a long story short, me and my friends got back into booze and drugz. I can say for myself beer and drugs aint no joke. that shit is hard on the body and really on the mind and nerves . LUCKLY I found the love of my life (my wife) and stoped do all drugs . but continued to drink. My wife does not do drugs nor is she a punk or into hardcore. she's just a beautiful sweet person. She put up with my drinkin for the last ten years ( not that im abusive or a angry drunk) but as I looked at my self REALLY FUCKIN HARD i was still a drunk and loser and doing nothing for our life together. I still have allways enjoyed punk and hardcore music(played in many bands through the years) and its the STRAIGHT EDGE hardcore thats helping me a ton to stay clean and sober. (plus my wife and child) i want to live life completly sober for the first time in many,many years.

hello, and welcome!

that is awesome man, it's great that you could turn your life around like that. What bands were you in? Do you have any recorded material?

Reclaim MY LIFE!
11-14-2009, 11:55 AM
its hard for me right now. all my friends still drink A LOT . but i'll just stay away . I dont need that stuff around me anymore. time to move on, progress in life and mind. I have some music recorded. though most is on cd and put in storage. I played bass for a band called chango rey and the reymen and I have a myspace acount under clayton wayne. they are punk and rock n roll songs. nothin special ...but fun to play music in general.

xvunderx
11-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Sounds like a tough ride. It's great that you found someone to be with, and she sounds like a solid reason to stay clean.

Reclaim MY LIFE!
11-15-2009, 08:41 AM
my wife is my savior in a way.....and things are lookin up. we hope to move to reno soon, the change should be good..... thanks for the support people.