PDA

View Full Version : Becoming....

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-04-2004, 02:40 AM
Alright.... so my friend was talking to me today and he has come to the realization that he wants to become sXe..... i told him that was great!.... But he has had sex before, but only with his GF now.....He didnt know if this affected his ability to bocome sXe and i nevwer thought about that so i had no answer for him....I dont know what to tell him so if anyone has any advice id appreciate it....

straightXed
01-04-2004, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
Alright.... so my friend was talking to me today and he has come to the realization that he wants to become sXe..... i told him that was great!.... But he has had sex before, but only with his GF now.....He didnt know if this affected his ability to bocome sXe and i nevwer thought about that so i had no answer for him....I dont know what to tell him so if anyone has any advice id appreciate it....

sxe isn't celibacy, read around these pages for a better idea of straightedge.

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Youre right......nevermind then......

xsecx
01-04-2004, 07:37 AM

what do you think straight edge is about?

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-04-2004, 12:56 PM
I know what its about....... but to commit yourself to someone like that is a big deal and i just didnt want to tell him something that wasnt true....... i realize that edge isnt celibacy, believe me i know..... but I never had to deal with that situation and i, from experience, did not know what to tell him.......I basically wanted to know if anyone had been through this before and if they had any advice...... sorry if i came off a different way........

xsecx
01-04-2004, 02:15 PM
I know what its about....... but to commit yourself to someone like that is a big deal and i just didnt want to tell him something that wasnt true....... i realize that edge isnt celibacy, believe me i know..... but I never had to deal with that situation and i, from experience, did not know what to tell him.......I basically wanted to know if anyone had been through this before and if they had any advice...... sorry if i came off a different way........

yeah, but asking the question in the first place leads me to believe that you might have a different understanding of what straight edge is which is why I asked you what you thought it was.

sabresnmets
01-04-2004, 10:06 PM
yeah straightedge isnt about not having sex, its about not being premiscuous.

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-04-2004, 10:51 PM
I understand all of that.... but here take this as an example.... say a kid has sex with his gf.... thats fine and all.... what if he breaks up with her gets another girlfriend and does it again...... that would be considered promiscuous..... am i wrong here?

straightXed
01-05-2004, 12:42 AM
I understand all of that.... but here take this as an example.... say a kid has sex with his gf.... thats fine and all.... what if he breaks up with her gets another girlfriend and does it again...... that would be considered promiscuous..... am i wrong here?

That would be straining the sense of the word, i mean its about casual sex, this kid is having a lot of relationships but remain not sleeping about in them. I mean by that logic you could say divorce would be against edge. But i personally think people attach to much to this promiscuous thing, i mean its good to respect the oppisite sex and i think sleeping around is pretty shitty but how much can you apply sexual behaviour to straight edge?

sabresnmets
01-05-2004, 06:59 PM
i see it as this: if you have a girlfriend or boyfriend, and your having sex, thats fine. even if you break up and you find a new girlfriend and start having sex with her or him, thats fine also. its when you need to start writing down a schedule as to who and when your going out with this person or that person.

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Yeah your right....thanks guys....