PDA

View Full Version : So....

D1988
10-26-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm gonna be playing in a band again.

I think I spoke to Dini and possibly Rodrigo about this at some point, but I could be wrong. But anyway, my 2 longest good friends who I was in 2 shitty bands previously with have had this band going for close to a year now. They always said they wanted me to play guitar in the band, but they had a full lineup and things were going good for them.

So I get a call last night, they are in the studio recording 3 songs for a split, they had been in there for 14 hours or something. I said I wanted to hear the new songs, so my buddy sent me the 3 songs which are rough mixes but they sound awesome.

I got a phone call today and he said he had a proposition for me as there bass player can't commit to the band fully because of work, there other guitarist is struggling a bit so he is gonna play bass and they want me to play guitar. I guess it was a long time coming but I am glad they finally have space for me in the band.

So we have the songs going on a split with another awesome Scottish band which is being released by some label. We have 1 song going onto a compilation being released by the same label as well. Once I learn the current songs we are writing 2 new songs to totally have a new set and then record some sort of 7", hopefully through the label if things go well with these 2 releases coming up.

Good times. I finally have something to do. Now I just need to see if I can still play that stupid thing with strings on it.

I'll link you myspaces for the band once those new tracks are online, and I'll link you to the band we are doing a split with as well.

Sorry for the long read. It's late and I'm trying to be tired.

rodrigo
10-26-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm gonna be playing in a band again.

I think I spoke to Dini and possibly Rodrigo about this at some point, but I could be wrong. But anyway, my 2 longest good friends who I was in 2 shitty bands previously with have had this band going for close to a year now. They always said they wanted me to play guitar in the band, but they had a full lineup and things were going good for them.

So I get a call last night, they are in the studio recording 3 songs for a split, they had been in there for 14 hours or something. I said I wanted to hear the new songs, so my buddy sent me the 3 songs which are rough mixes but they sound awesome.

I got a phone call today and he said he had a proposition for me as there bass player can't commit to the band fully because of work, there other guitarist is struggling a bit so he is gonna play bass and they want me to play guitar. I guess it was a long time coming but I am glad they finally have space for me in the band.

So we have the songs going on a split with another awesome Scottish band which is being released by some label. We have 1 song going onto a compilation being released by the same label as well. Once I learn the current songs we are writing 2 new songs to totally have a new set and then record some sort of 7", hopefully through the label if things go well with these 2 releases coming up.

Good times. I finally have something to do. Now I just need to see if I can still play that stupid thing with strings on it.

I'll link you myspaces for the band once those new tracks are online, and I'll link you to the band we are doing a split with as well.

Sorry for the long read. It's late and I'm trying to be tired.
thats great!
cant wait to listen to the tracks!

linsee
10-26-2009, 07:59 PM
this is awesome. I'm happy for you!

lo0m
10-27-2009, 01:39 AM
hey! thats so good! i was always happy as fuck when i was invited to a band.. more when i started one i must say..looking forward too hear some song from you guys...

SgtD
10-27-2009, 01:57 AM
awesome Dean, that is awesome! I'm really glad, it seems like a dream came true!

D1988
10-27-2009, 03:38 AM

I feel I am cheating since the bands already had a demo and got on a label and played tonnes of shows haha.

D1988
10-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Fuck it.

Band I'll be playing in - www.myspace.com/defenceukhc

Those are the old songs which I think are actually pretty good, recordings aren't fantastic but these songs rule live. The new songs sound a good bit different from these but alot better, not giving too much away, they are still being mixed and should be done by end of the week, but I am not sure when I can let you guys hear them.

We are doing a split with this band - www.myspace.com/intentionsband

This band rules. I was playing in a band with their lead singer for a little while, he is in his 30's and played in the band Engage which is in their top friends (you should check them out) and they toured Europe, had a few 7" releases on labels etc. Good dudes.

Split is gonna be released through Breakout Records from London. I'll give you guys a shout out when I am being interviewed on TV and Radio 1 and shit.

Lifestyle_X
10-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Good for you !
Built To Last is an awesome song.

mouseman004
10-27-2009, 10:45 AM
That is awesome man! Congratulations!

CarlaRant
10-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Good for you !
Built To Last is an awesome song.

Ditto! I know it's rad because I got goosebumps. <3 LOVE <3

D1988
10-28-2009, 08:08 AM
Thanks people :)

xsecx
10-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks people :)

I'll give you congrats when you start kicking out the jams.

D1988
10-28-2009, 05:14 PM
I learned 2 songs in 1 hour tonight. Good going, guitar playing just came flooding back to me, I was kinda impressed actually.

D1988
11-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Rough un-mixed version of your new song is on the Myspace -

www.myspace.com/defenceukhc

Let me know what you guys think.

xCrucialDudex
11-20-2009, 12:06 AM
Rough un-mixed version of your new song is on the Myspace -

www.myspace.com/defenceukhc

Let me know what you guys think.

It's good, I like it.

xCrucialDudex
11-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Ditto! I know it's rad because I got goosebumps. <3 LOVE <3

Where did you find it guys?

D1988
11-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks for listening dude.

SgtD
11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
sounds good! when is your first show? are you pumped yet?

D1988
11-24-2009, 03:16 AM
We had a show like end of this month but they cancelled it thinking we wouldn't be ready, I knew the damn songs after 2 practices so they regret cancelling the show. We are playing some fest in Edinburgh sometime in December but I am not 100% sure on details.

The dude has finished mixing the tracks as well, so should have something better for you guys to listen to soon.

SgtD
11-24-2009, 03:31 AM
We had a show like end of this month but they cancelled it thinking we wouldn't be ready, I knew the damn songs after 2 practices so they regret cancelling the show. We are playing some fest in Edinburgh sometime in December but I am not 100% sure on details.

The dude has finished mixing the tracks as well, so should have something better for you guys to listen to soon.

nice. you should make it a record release show.

D1988
11-24-2009, 04:57 AM
nice. you should make it a record release show.

I think it might be, as the band we are doing the split with are also playing show. Then we are having another record release show in what is basically our "home town".

SgtD
11-24-2009, 07:16 AM
I think it might be, as the band we are doing the split with are also playing show. Then we are having another record release show in what is basically our "home town".

awesome. i'm really happy for you. rock out with your cock out!

D1988
11-24-2009, 09:25 AM
haha, thanks man.

D1988
01-20-2010, 06:56 AM
Played my first show with this band on Sunday night and it went pretty good. There was a good turnout and kids seemed to be into us. The show was in Aberdeen, a city on the north east of Scotland. We have another show tomorrow night over in Glasgow on the west coast, there won't be as big a turnout but it should be good fun hanging out at least.

SgtD
01-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Played my first show with this band on Sunday night and it went pretty good. There was a good turnout and kids seemed to be into us. The show was in Aberdeen, a city on the north east of Scotland. We have another show tomorrow night over in Glasgow on the west coast, there won't be as big a turnout but it should be good fun hanging out at least.

awesome! good for you.

linsee
01-20-2010, 03:27 PM

That rules! I'm happy for you.

xsecx
01-20-2010, 03:50 PM

get someone to tape the shows so we can all see.

rodrigo
01-20-2010, 09:44 PM

that's great!

and i agree with dusty

D1988
01-21-2010, 02:59 AM
When we get signed to B9 and do a world tour you can all come and see us of course.

Here's me looking weird like I have some monster sized nose, fuck yeah -

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/137/l_1a081bc66b7842f2b7712dd5494970fa.jpg

SgtD
01-21-2010, 09:42 AM
When we get signed to B9 and do a world tour you can all come and see us of course.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/137/l_1a081bc66b7842f2b7712dd5494970fa.jpg

nice banjo you have there dude. what pickups do you use?

xvunderx
01-21-2010, 11:36 AM
So cool! Makes me wish I still lived in the UK so I could come see you guys!

rodrigo
01-21-2010, 11:40 AM

you look manly

D1988
01-22-2010, 03:18 AM
haha thanks everyone.

Dini, they are just the standard pickups, so some epiphone things. I got that guitar for £50 and I liked it so much that I sold my £500 Jackson as I much prefered playing the mighty cheap Epiphone.

We played Glasgow last night and it was pretty terrible. The place never even had 2 guitar cabs and barely anyone showed up. Still we played good and our friends band from Aberdeen were playing so we just had some good fun and hung out.

SgtD
01-22-2010, 05:47 AM
haha thanks everyone.

Dini, they are just the standard pickups, so some epiphone things. I got that guitar for £50 and I liked it so much that I sold my £500 Jackson as I much prefered playing the mighty cheap Epiphone.

We played Glasgow last night and it was pretty terrible. The place never even had 2 guitar cabs and barely anyone showed up. Still we played good and our friends band from Aberdeen were playing so we just had some good fun and hung out.

Yeah, les pauls are better for the genre you're playing anyway! I love les pauls. YOu should change the pickups though, you will sound much better. it really does make a difference.

Don't worry about the low turnout shows as long as you have fun! Happens to every band, it's no big deal. After all you play for yourselves too.

D1988
01-22-2010, 06:27 AM
Yeah, les pauls are better for the genre you're playing anyway! I love les pauls. YOu should change the pickups though, you will sound much better. it really does make a difference.

Don't worry about the low turnout shows as long as you have fun! Happens to every band, it's no big deal. After all you play for yourselves too.

Yeah man, totally.

My brother has an old Ibanez which he fitted a nice Seymour Duncan to. The Ibanez is busted and he has some awesome guitars that don't need pickup upgrades, so I think I will eventually put that in my Les Paul.

SgtD
01-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Yeah man, totally.

My brother has an old Ibanez which he fitted a nice Seymour Duncan to. The Ibanez is busted and he has some awesome guitars that don't need pickup upgrades, so I think I will eventually put that in my Les Paul.

oh yeah? cool!