PDA

View Full Version : Hare krsna

optimismdefeats
10-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Now I know some straight-edge or hardcore bands have been and are Hare krsna.. and some individuals like youth of todays Ray Cappo. In the positive sense, hare krsna and elements of it can be expressed through punk music. Peaceful yet passionate.

So i want to know who's hare krsna on here? I changed faiths, and felt moved to become hare krsna, a guy in town started to talk to me and gave me a book which I read, and thought the words were inspiring, and I chant the mantra daily but not sure how to go about that. Although it's said you shouldn't, I still go to movies, and still eat mushrooms, onions and garlics. I'd say there's more important things to being hare krsna than avoiding the mentioned things. I may do in later life you know. Anyone else tryna follow this?

SgtD
10-19-2009, 09:29 AM
I think that it's one of the most fucked up religions, especially when it comes to ISKCON. I'm against it, just as much as i'm against almost any other organized religion, and i'm not going to a show if a krsna band is playing, i'm not gonna support that. If they were to spread it and preach about it, i can not tolerate that.
To me krsna consciousness always seemed to try and alienate the joining members from their families, and friends, and there are a lot of really disturbing things among those walls that they call a temple...
I suggest you should read John Joseph's Evolution of a cro-magnon. Among other things, he writes about his experiences in the hare krsna religion, it's eye opening and really really fucked up.

lo0m
10-20-2009, 02:32 AM
Now I know some straight-edge or hardcore bands have been and are Hare krsna.. and some individuals like youth of todays Ray Cappo. In the positive sense, hare krsna and elements of it can be expressed through punk music. Peaceful yet passionate.

So i want to know who's hare krsna on here? I changed faiths, and felt moved to become hare krsna, a guy in town started to talk to me and gave me a book which I read, and thought the words were inspiring, and I chant the mantra daily but not sure how to go about that. Although it's said you shouldn't, I still go to movies, and still eat mushrooms, onions and garlics. I'd say there's more important things to being hare krsna than avoiding the mentioned things. I may do in later life you know. Anyone else tryna follow this?

if you wanna get to the Source, you don't need Hare Krisna. If you want to meditate, you also don't need Hare Krisna. If you want to live compassionate life, you don't need Hare Krisna. Just meditate and live compassionate life and you will get to the Source..
I kinda agree with SgtD on this.. except I would go and see a Hare Krisna band.. Actually I know about one czech hare krisna band here and these guys are awesome... really.. but I'm close to say that what they preach is in contradiciton with a fact, that this religion/philosophy was made by one man - is represented by one organization and have a firm structure..
anyway, do what you want to do , it's your life after all and it would be still better than to waste your life in pursuing "capitalist happiness" (you know, that white fence, dog and three children bullshit)...

mouseman004
10-20-2009, 10:13 PM
anyway, do what you want to do , it's your life after all and it would be still better than to waste your life in pursuing "capitalist happiness" (you know, that white fence, dog and three children bullshit)...

So I am wasting my life because I want what you call "capitalist happiness"?

rodrigo
10-20-2009, 10:35 PM

dogs are neat

xGriffox
10-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Perhaps it doesn't seem like a waste to you but it may appear so to others. You being happy is what matters though so who cares what someone else thinks about your life.

lo0m
10-21-2009, 12:33 AM

no, not really, but i knew someone would use this as a mean of attack :-) .. it really isn't about white fence, a dog, or children. i wanted to say that wasting your life would be sitting, listening to what the media are telling you what to do and then mindlesly doing it like many people are doing. if you chose to just have a comfortable life somewhere in the suburbs, i am completely ok with that and hope you'll have a nice life, yet it is not what i pursue in my life..

straightXed
10-21-2009, 02:21 PM
dogs are neat

I like dogs and children aren't bad either. Never really wanted a white picket fence though.

mouseman004
10-21-2009, 04:48 PM
no, not really, but i knew someone would use this as a mean of attack :-) .. it really isn't about white fence, a dog, or children. i wanted to say that wasting your life would be sitting, listening to what the media are telling you what to do and then mindlesly doing it like many people are doing. if you chose to just have a comfortable life somewhere in the suburbs, i am completely ok with that and hope you'll have a nice life, yet it is not what i pursue in my life..

I didn't use it as a means of attack. The way you worded it made it sound like an attack, thats all.

mouseman004
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I like dogs and children aren't bad either. Never really wanted a white picket fence though.

I could give or take the fence. But 2 kids and a dog are hopefully going to be a part of my future.

lo0m
10-22-2009, 05:22 AM
I didn't use it as a means of attack. The way you worded it made it sound like an attack, thats all.

ok, i was just a little bit sarcastic. the reason why i worded it like that was not to attack anyone, rather I presumed questioner does not seek it..

straightXed
10-22-2009, 07:14 PM
I could give or take the fence. But 2 kids and a dog are hopefully going to be a part of my future.

In what way though? Maybe you will get mugged by 2 kids and mauled by a dog? If thats how it goes down then i say good job you ditched the fence!!

xKDUBx
11-05-2009, 01:36 PM
wat exactly is hare krisna?
ive never heard of it

straightXed
11-05-2009, 03:29 PM
ive never heard of it

Hare krishna is a chant or mantra. Krishna is a hindu deity. I think its first popularity in the west would have come in the 60's...beatles and hippies got into that shit.

lo0m
11-06-2009, 02:38 AM
ive never heard of it

ISKCON (internat. society for Krisna conciousness) is a movement started in late 60's in US by former Hindu teacher. Its a gaudiya vaishna theology offshoot. They recite the kirtan (the mantra "Hare krsna, hare rama, ..." consistnig of the names of Krsna) and propagate the hindu teachings in the West.

xKDUBx
11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
for sho