PDA

View Full Version : Need Help From The Punx

D1988
10-07-2009, 05:00 PM
I am looking to up tha punx and I am looking for some punx advice.

I got a bullshit parking ticket at WORK, and I need to pay a £30 fine. It's a sad day when you end up having to PAY to do your job (I realise having a job is not punx, please bare with me though).

The cop put the sticky ticket right smack in the middle of my windscreen, they usually do not do this but he obviously felt like being a complete dick yesterday and has left sticky marks on my windscreen that I'll need to clean off.

So punx, my first thoughts are..... pay the £30 fine in 30 multiples of £1 cheques, all addressed to "Fife CUNTstabulary". The name of the local police is Fife Constabulary, but I am mean with words and came up with that super fucking awesome alternative to piss them off.

My other option is to get an old smelly sock, and get £30 worth of loose change, turn up at the local court place and dump it all and say "there's your bullshit fine, enjoy" and walking away with the best attitude known to man.

I feel I could piss them off in more ways. How would you up the punx and piss off the man in this situation?

Thank you.

xsecx
10-07-2009, 05:07 PM
I am looking to up tha punx and I am looking for some punx advice.

I got a bullshit parking ticket at WORK, and I need to pay a £30 fine. It's a sad day when you end up having to PAY to do your job (I realise having a job is not punx, please bare with me though).

The cop put the sticky ticket right smack in the middle of my windscreen, they usually do not do this but he obviously felt like being a complete dick yesterday and has left sticky marks on my windscreen that I'll need to clean off.

So punx, my first thoughts are..... pay the £30 fine in 30 multiples of £1 cheques, all addressed to "Fife CUNTstabulary". The name of the local police is Fife Constabulary, but I am mean with words and came up with that super fucking awesome alternative to piss them off.

My other option is to get an old smelly sock, and get £30 worth of loose change, turn up at the local court place and dump it all and say "there's your bullshit fine, enjoy" and walking away with the best attitude known to man.

I feel I could piss them off in more ways. How would you up the punx and piss off the man in this situation?

Thank you.

checks wouldn't work and you'd still have to pay the fine with the right name.

getting pennies and 2 p coins would work.

if it's a bullshit ticket, can you contest it?

linsee
10-07-2009, 05:12 PM
if it's a bullshit ticket, can you contest it?

That's what I told him.

xsecx
10-07-2009, 05:12 PM
That's what I told him.

great minds duder.

D1988
10-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I can't contest it with the actual police, they were right to give me one. But I can contest with getting my work to pay it, and even though my boss says they should, it would be "wirth my while paying it because the company will just refuse no matter what".

Plus, if I did contest it with the police it means going to a court hearing.

straightXed
10-07-2009, 06:02 PM
I can't contest it with the actual police, they were right to give me one. But I can contest with getting my work to pay it, and even though my boss says they should, it would be "wirth my while paying it because the company will just refuse no matter what".

Yeah, you can contest it, yeah you have to go to court. Although if they were right to give you one then i don't have a clue what you would contest? If you can get your work to pay that bwould definitely be the best option, even if you have to pay it and nag them to reimburse you it would be worth it.

I would check the small print though, trying to pay in small change probably won't work. I mean its law in england that anywhere can refuse your payment if you use too much small change, i believe you can only make a spend of up to £1.20 using just 1p's, the law is in place i should imagine to prevent exactly what you are thinking of doing. It wouldn't be to good if you and your smelly sock were rejected!!

Is £30 a reduced rate for paying it within 30 days? Most tickets offer you a reduced rate for paying it promptly.

xsecx
10-07-2009, 08:08 PM

if they were right to give you one, why is it a bullshit ticket and why are you pissed?

mouseman004
10-08-2009, 01:44 AM
if they were right to give you one, why is it a bullshit ticket and why are you pissed?

Because they left a sticky residue in the middle of his windshield!

D1988
10-08-2009, 03:47 AM
Ed, it's £30 and has to be paid within 21 days. I don't get ti any cheaper for paying within a quick time period or anything like that. If I don't pay it within 21 days it goes up I believe.

The police were right to give me it, but it's a bullshit ticket because this building they have currently put me in is a complete shit hole. There is no parking here unless I arrive 20 minutes before my shift begins. I work at a college so all the students arrive here, take all the space and they also all park outwith spaces and abandon there cars in crazy places. There is nowhere near enough spaces to accomodate the amount of staff and students here.

I work in IT, so it means moving equipment and using my own car to do it sometimes. I had to park close to the main building as I was transporting equipment to my car. The only place I could get close enough was on double yellow lines outside as all of the spaces available had been taken by students. By the time I had got out it had been like 2 hours by the time I done what I needed to do and move the equipment to my car, by this time the police had been and gone.

It's bullshit that a staff member can't get parked less than half a mile from where they work. It's bullshit that in my actual job that we don't have any special rights or permission to park closer or have a designated place to park due to moving of heavy equipment. It's bullshit the dick police dude put the sticker right in the middle of my windscreen when there was no need to.

SgtD
10-08-2009, 04:46 AM
this thread is fake, real punx don't drive

D1988
10-08-2009, 06:17 AM
this thread is fake, real punx don't drive

I was affraid someone would pick up on that.

straightXed
10-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Ed, it's £30 and has to be paid within 21 days. I don't get ti any cheaper for paying within a quick time period or anything like that. If I don't pay it within 21 days it goes up I believe.

Cool, so you at least have the reduced ammount to pay, £30 is not so bad especially if you were wrong to park where you did. A chap i work with had a nice £120 ticket the other week!

The police were right to give me it, but it's a bullshit ticket because this building they have currently put me in is a complete shit hole. There is no parking here unless I arrive 20 minutes before my shift begins. I work at a college so all the students arrive here, take all the space and they also all park outwith spaces and abandon there cars in crazy places. There is nowhere near enough spaces to accomodate the amount of staff and students here.

So the ticket isn't bullshit, its in accordance to the law but the facilities for parking are bullshit, right? What does your college say about parking? Do they claim to provide adequate parking?

I work in IT, so it means moving equipment and using my own car to do it sometimes. I had to park close to the main building as I was transporting equipment to my car. The only place I could get close enough was on double yellow lines outside as all of the spaces available had been taken by students. By the time I had got out it had been like 2 hours by the time I done what I needed to do and move the equipment to my car, by this time the police had been and gone.

And to be honest even if the police were still there they should still give you the ticket by law, your employers lack of catering to your jobs needs is the issue, its their act of not providing a suitable soloution to your jobs needs that has incurred the ticket. So i would definitely press that issue with your employer and either continue to incur parking tickets for them to pay or refuse to carry out the work that requires you to park illegally if they are not interested in paying.

It's bullshit that a staff member can't get parked less than half a mile from where they work. It's bullshit that in my actual job that we don't have any special rights or permission to park closer or have a designated place to park due to moving of heavy equipment. It's bullshit the dick police dude put the sticker right in the middle of my windscreen when there was no need to.

The only bullshit thing is that you require close proximity parking for the moving of gear and that isn't being provided for, the rest is fine. If you just are commuting to work and you know the parking sucks then make allowences and that doesn't mean park illegally. I have no idea where you wanted the officer to stick the ticket? Surely there will be a sticky residue where ever it is and besides, you love cleaning your car...its just another oppertunity!!

D1988
10-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Cool, so you at least have the reduced ammount to pay, £30 is not so bad especially if you were wrong to park where you did. A chap i work with had a nice £120 ticket the other week!

£120?? Because he kept not paying, or why so much money for a ticket?

So the ticket isn't bullshit, its in accordance to the law but the facilities for parking are bullshit, right? What does your college say about parking? Do they claim to provide adequate parking?

The college point blank just ignores it but are well aware that there is not enough adequate parking. The parking situations across all 4 campuses is terrible and they do know it. Like right now at our main campus they are building an absolutely huge new building, this thing is massive. At this campus there were parking problems, so what they done was build 70 new parking spaces. Now this is all good, but there still is not enough parking spaces for the students and staf currently at the main campus. Now when the new building opens, there is going to be an extra 200 cars plus extra there every single day. So if there is nowhere near enough spaces right now, how are they going to accomodate another 200 cars per day? They know of this problem and are doing absolutely nothing about it.

And to be honest even if the police were still there they should still give you the ticket by law, your employers lack of catering to your jobs needs is the issue, its their act of not providing a suitable soloution to your jobs needs that has incurred the ticket. So i would definitely press that issue with your employer and either continue to incur parking tickets for them to pay or refuse to carry out the work that requires you to park illegally if they are not interested in paying.

I wrote a huge email to my boss and he spoke with us yesterday about it, but his basic words were that he could compile an email explaining the situation but we should expect nothing to be done. He then went on to say I could fight for the college to pay my ticket but I would be wasting my time and he would advise me not to bother even trying.

Any time equipment is to be moved and I can't get parked near an entrance legally, I will phone or email my higher up's and tell them I am not able to do the work and they will need to send a college vehicle to do the moving of equipment.

The only bullshit thing is that you require close proximity parking for the moving of gear and that isn't being provided for, the rest is fine. If you just are commuting to work and you know the parking sucks then make allowences and that doesn't mean park illegally. I have no idea where you wanted the officer to stick the ticket? Surely there will be a sticky residue where ever it is and besides, you love cleaning your car...its just another oppertunity!!

I know the parking sucks and the allowance is to be here 20-30 minutes before my shift starts. I should not have to do this. If they let me finish 20-30 minutes earlier at the end of each day then yes that would be acceptable. But they would not allow this.

Every time I see someone get a ticket they put the ticket on the lower part in the corner of the windscreen and they usually stick them straight. This one was smack bang right in the centre of the window and was stuck on squint. His hand writing on the ticket I cannot even read either. It's like he was saying fuck you and deliberately doing that to piss me off.

Fuck the police.

straightXed
10-08-2009, 08:27 AM
£120?? Because he kept not paying, or why so much money for a ticket?

Just £120 straight out, the place he parked was probably considered to be a worse place to ignore parking restrictions.

The college point blank just ignores it but are well aware that there is not enough adequate parking. The parking situations across all 4 campuses is terrible and they do know it. Like right now at our main campus they are building an absolutely huge new building, this thing is massive. At this campus there were parking problems, so what they done was build 70 new parking spaces. Now this is all good, but there still is not enough parking spaces for the students and staf currently at the main campus. Now when the new building opens, there is going to be an extra 200 cars plus extra there every single day. So if there is nowhere near enough spaces right now, how are they going to accomodate another 200 cars per day? They know of this problem and are doing absolutely nothing about it.

Well they don't have to if they don't want to but it does cause a strain on neighbouring areas so perhaps raise it with your local council.

I wrote a huge email to my boss and he spoke with us yesterday about it, but his basic words were that he could compile an email explaining the situation but we should expect nothing to be done. He then went on to say I could fight for the college to pay my ticket but I would be wasting my time and he would advise me not to bother even trying.

I would try regardless, i think if you word things right you will get favourable results. If you also compile an email or written letter to various people in your college and at the council you may also get more recognition of the problem. But don't be an ass in your letter, be polite and ensure you are seeing things from their angle too. You have to keep in mind they aren't entirely at libery to do anything so its a polite and encouraging request you are making less than a complaint.

Any time equipment is to be moved and I can't get parked near an entrance legally, I will phone or email my higher up's and tell them I am not able to do the work and they will need to send a college vehicle to do the moving of equipment.

You should make this point clear in your emials/letters also as the issue is actually stopping you from doing your job and that is something they should and most likely are more concerned about.

I know the parking sucks and the allowance is to be here 20-30 minutes before my shift starts. I should not have to do this. If they let me finish 20-30 minutes earlier at the end of each day then yes that would be acceptable. But they would not allow this.

Oh jeez, they should definitely not allow you to finnish early because of your commuting issues and it ridiculous that you think they should.

Every time I see someone get a ticket they put the ticket on the lower part in the corner of the windscreen and they usually stick them straight. This one was smack bang right in the centre of the window and was stuck on squint. His hand writing on the ticket I cannot even read either. It's like he was saying fuck you and deliberately doing that to piss me off.

maybe his hands were cold, my writing gets terrible in the cold. You are actually complaining about the angle he stuck your ticket at...dude, get a lawyer and take this to court, a ticket at an angle should never be paid or issued even! They stick tickets all over the place, my last one was on the drivers side door window but does it really matter to you where he stuck it...i think you are reading way to much into it. He probably writes loads of tickets why do you think yours was personal?!

Fuck the police.

Cool, can i steal your car and rob your house without you reporting it to the police then?

Lifestyle_X
10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
just give 'em £30 worth of pee-covered coins, can they refuse that ?

xsecx
10-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Fuck the police.

so even though it's your job fault for not having enough parking, the cops are somehow to blame for you getting a ticket for parking illegally, when you knew you were parking illegally, and purposely and intentionally parked illegally?

it sucks you got a ticket, but your righteous indignation is pointed in the wrong direction.

straightXed
10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
just give 'em £30 worth of pee-covered coins, can they refuse that ?

why would you do that though? Some court clerk handling the money, just doing their job, not even a police officer of any kind, really doesn't deserve to be dealing with piss covered money because of a ticket that was given legitimately. The fault lies with dean and his employers, its amazing how much you all want to hate the police and in doing so want to give someone that isn't a police officer a hard time by fucking with the money.

D1988
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Wait one minute by the way.

The whole fuck the police, up the punx thing I thought was an obvious joke. Didn't you see my replies in the police thread?

The only thing I am pissed about is getting it at work because my employers are idiots and also having sticky stuff in the middle of my windscreen. The rest of this is mocking the people who think they are punx because it is retarded. Damn.

linsee
10-08-2009, 07:08 PM

The whole fuck the police, up the punx thing I thought was an obvious joke. Didn't you see my replies in the police thread?

The only thing I am pissed about is getting it at work because my employers are idiots and also having sticky stuff in the middle of my windscreen. The rest of this is mocking the people who think they are punx because it is retarded. Damn.

Don't worry, I understood your jokes/sarcasm. We heart youuuuu Dean.

xsecx
10-08-2009, 07:43 PM

dude, a lot of people tend to change their opinions on things when it effects them directly. it wasn't obvious to me and I don't think anyone else given the replies.

Lifestyle_X
10-09-2009, 03:40 AM
why would you do that though? Some court clerk handling the money, just doing their job, not even a police officer of any kind, really doesn't deserve to be dealing with piss covered money because of a ticket that was given legitimately. The fault lies with dean and his employers, its amazing how much you all want to hate the police and in doing so want to give someone that isn't a police officer a hard time by fucking with the money.

i don't actually hate 'em, i just replied on Dean's question. and I don't have any experience with court so I didn't know how things go around there. but then again, it was not meant serious. the last thing I would do when something like that happened to me is doing that.

D1988
10-09-2009, 03:46 AM
dude, a lot of people tend to change their opinions on things when it effects them directly. it wasn't obvious to me and I don't think anyone else given the replies.

Sorry dude, I thought my posts in the police thread would show I was trying to take the piss out of people who think they are punx and hate on the police for retarded reasons etc.

straightXed
10-09-2009, 04:37 AM
I had no idea that dean or lifestyle were joking. It all sounded strikingly similar to what a lot of people actually do believe and say so it was pretty hard to differntiate.

D1988
10-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I had no idea that dean or lifestyle were joking. It all sounded strikingly similar to what a lot of people actually do believe and say so it was pretty hard to differntiate.

Like I say, I thought the stuff in the police thread showed that I had no hate for the police and found people who did have hate for the police for no genuine reason to be complete retards.

I am really pissed at my works take on parking though, that was all obviously real.

xsecx
10-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Like I say, I thought the stuff in the police thread showed that I had no hate for the police and found people who did have hate for the police for no genuine reason to be complete retards.

I am really pissed at my works take on parking though, that was all obviously real.

make them buy you a cart.

Lifestyle_X
10-09-2009, 10:50 AM

smilies would change that

straightXed
10-09-2009, 01:01 PM

i haven't seen what you wrote in the police thread but it did seem like you were genuinely angry and actually considering some way to get even by paying your fine in an annoying way as a good idea. And as it was all mixed in with your genuine disdain of your employers actions it really was impossible to distinguish.

straightXed
10-09-2009, 01:04 PM
smilies would change that

Or excalmation points and better expression. You guys were saying things that are actually quite common for people who like to bag police to say...perhaps laying it on a bit thick and less run of the mill would highlight the joke more?

Lifestyle_X
10-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Or excalmation points and better expression. You guys were saying things that are actually quite common for people who like to bag police to say...perhaps laying it on a bit thick and less run of the mill would highlight the joke more?

i'll keep it in mind