PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem

Lifestyle_X
09-27-2009, 07:13 AM
today, i woke and got up at 13:10. Although my alarm on my cell phone went off at 09:00 and my clock radio also went off at 09:00. yesterday, i put the clock on the ground away from me, so i had to get out of bed. the same with the cell phone, put it on my desk far away, on the other side.
when the alarm and the radio went off, i got out of bed and stopped them. and i just got back to bed and slept 'till 13:00... atm, i wasn't realizing what i was doing i suppose...
and the fact that those things have a snooze function doesn't matter. i immediately turn them off. i hate it when this happens, it's every weekend, even during the week when i have to go to school. anyone has any good suggestions ?

xCrucialDudex
09-27-2009, 07:53 AM
today, i woke and got up at 13:10. Although my alarm on my cell phone went off at 09:00 and my clock radio also went off at 09:00. yesterday, i put the clock on the ground away from me, so i had to get out of bed. the same with the cell phone, put it on my desk far away, on the other side.
when the alarm and the radio went off, i got out of bed and stopped them. and i just got back to bed and slept 'till 13:00... atm, i wasn't realizing what i was doing i suppose...
and the fact that those things have a snooze function doesn't matter. i immediately turn them off. i hate it when this happens, it's every weekend, even during the week when i have to go to school. anyone has any good suggestions ?

You just have to do what you have to do. Funny thing I've been doing exactly the same thing for a month now probably. I get up at 5.15AM each morning, turn the alarm on my iPhone off and go back to bed instead of doing morning exercises xD

I'm going to change all that next Monday by just NOT going back to bed after I turn off the alarm on my phone.

Lifestyle_X
09-27-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm going to change all that next Monday by just NOT going back to bed after I turn off the alarm on my phone.

i tried that, but i just don't realize it at the moment itself...

lo0m
09-29-2009, 12:34 AM
a friend of mine, terorized for years by his older brother developed similar "dysfunction".. now the only thing to get him out of bed is water or alarm in different room with light signals in the room he's sleeping in ...

xCrucialDudex
09-29-2009, 01:58 AM
I found a solution. I don't use an alarm that way I'll never get up late xD

Lifestyle_X
09-29-2009, 08:20 AM
it worked for the last days, every time before i went to bed, i just thought "man, i really need to get up at 7, really really really !" (don't post the orly owl please)
and it worked, or was it luck.. i don't know, we'll see what happens tomorrow morning !

xCrucialDudex
09-30-2009, 12:06 AM
it worked for the last days, every time before i went to bed, i just thought "man, i really need to get up at 7, really really really !" (don't post the orly owl please)
and it worked, or was it luck.. i don't know, we'll see what happens tomorrow morning !

Yes it's EXACTLY how it works ;) You're on your way to resolving this problem. Now just develop a habit of waking up at a certain time.

xZachArlenx
10-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Dude I do this all the time during the week for school. Luckilly when i do, my dad will come and wake my ass up if I'm more than 15 min late from getting up. It's gotten to the point when I hit the alarm that i have to turn the light on too AND sit up on my bed so that I don't lay down and fall asleep again.

Definately not a morning person.

Lifestyle_X
10-11-2009, 11:40 AM
It's working I think, I just need enough sleep too.. I enjoy the day more, I have more time to do stuff.