PDA

View Full Version : why people look at me funny at work when I say I don't drink caffiene

xsecx
01-02-2004, 07:32 AM
http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/04/01/01/2231253.shtml?tid=134

Paracetamol
01-04-2004, 01:43 PM
At my work there's a coffee money pot for workers to contribute to. The other day I picked up a mug and immediately a co-worker said:
'You can't drink our coffee, you haven't put any money in the pot'.

I said: 'I'm not going to drink the coffee'

Co-worker: 'Then what are you going to use the mug for?', accompanied by a COMPLETELY bewildered look....

....That's right, because there are no other drinks than coffee, are there? Not like WATER or anything, no!

straightXed
01-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Paracetamol
At my work there's a coffee money pot for workers to contribute to. The other day I picked up a mug and immediately a co-worker said:
'You can't drink our coffee, you haven't put any money in the pot'.

I said: 'I'm not going to drink the coffee'

Co-worker: 'Then what are you going to use the mug for?', accompanied by a COMPLETELY bewildered look....

....That's right, because there are no other drinks than coffee, are there? Not like WATER or anything, no!

watch it they may bring a policy in for coffee mugs to be used only for coffee.

Paracetamol
01-04-2004, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't be suprised at all. The worst thing was, I felt like I should be paying for the water, even though I've seen other people get it free!

Paracetamol
01-04-2004, 01:56 PM
And whilst we're on the subject - it's completely discriminative against vegans because my colleagues get rewarded with boxes of milk chocolates when they do well, but even when I exceed targets and such like, I get no such reward because it's (and I quote) 'too much hassle to cater for fussy people'. Wouldn't have been the case if I was dairy intolerant!

straightXed
01-04-2004, 02:05 PM
And whilst we're on the subject - it's completely discriminative against vegans because my colleagues get rewarded with boxes of milk chocolates when they do well, but even when I exceed targets and such like, I get no such reward because it's (and I quote) 'too much hassle to cater for fussy people'. Wouldn't have been the case if I was dairy intolerant!

and whilst were on the subject???? But anyway, have you given them ideas for something that is simpley available so the catering for fussy people is no longer warranted?

Paracetamol
01-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
and whilst were on the subject???? But anyway, have you given them ideas for something that is simpley available so the catering for fussy people is no longer warranted?

I told them I like nuts...?!

xsecx
01-04-2004, 02:17 PM

you didn't read the link did you?

Paracetamol
01-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
you didn't read the link did you?

I did.

xsecx
01-04-2004, 02:37 PM
I did.

then you should have realized that it was a bunch of people talking about caffiene addiction and not caffiene consumption in the work place. the bigger, more interesting part is what's said by non edge people about addiction to something that a fuckload of edge kids consume.

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Well seeing as i dont have a job.... i can realte to the same thing happenning in school..... but not coffee.... but soda.... ive been offered it before and said no because i dont drink caffeine... and they just look at me funny and ask a whole lot more questions.... but i hate being questioned about something like that.... why cant they just so "Ok." and move on?

xsecx
01-07-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
Well seeing as i dont have a job.... i can realte to the same thing happenning in school..... but not coffee.... but soda.... ive been offered it before and said no because i dont drink caffeine... and they just look at me funny and ask a whole lot more questions.... but i hate being questioned about something like that.... why cant they just so "Ok." and move on?

yeah, except the point of the link is people talking about their caffiene addiction and how it effects them. especially technology workers.

xvunderx
01-07-2004, 09:29 AM
yeah, except the point of the link is people talking about their caffiene addiction and how it effects them. especially technology workers.

I think the original meaning of this post is long gone sadly.

straightXed
01-07-2004, 10:05 AM
http://www.oasisnetwork.com/_Products/caffeineblues/test02.htm

I did this the other day and failed, i'm addicted to caffiene but i don't even have caffiene?

xvunderx
01-07-2004, 10:10 AM
http://www.oasisnetwork.com/_Products/caffeineblues/test02.htm

I did this the other day and failed, i'm addicted to caffiene but i don't even have caffiene?

Wow, I wish I did caffine so i could stop, this is what I got...

http://www.oasisnetwork.com/_Products/caffeineblues/test02_12plus.htm

straightXed
01-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by xvunderx
Wow, I wish I did caffine so i could stop, this is what I got...

http://www.oasisnetwork.com/_Products/caffeineblues/test02_12plus.htm

wow, your habbit is much worse than mine

http://www.oasisnetwork.com/_Products/caffeineblues/test02_11.htm

xvunderx
01-07-2004, 11:34 AM
wow, your habbit is much worse than mine

http://www.oasisnetwork.com/_Products/caffeineblues/test02_11.htm

Yeah but i bet you don't get the menstrual problems? I have to admit, I took it for a joke, but I'm kinda worried now??

straightXed
01-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Yeah but i bet you don't get the menstrual problems? I have to admit, I took it for a joke, but I'm kinda worried now??

maybe someones slipping you caffiene?

xsecx
01-07-2004, 03:38 PM
maybe someones slipping you caffiene?

I deny everything.

that and viv on caffiene would be scary.

xvunderx
01-07-2004, 04:37 PM
I deny everything.

that and viv on caffiene would be scary.

Oh you have no idea

Sean The Red
01-08-2004, 02:19 AM
all I get when I click on the links is an error saying it doesnt exist, am I just damned, or are others getting this

xvunderx
01-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Sean The Red
all I get when I click on the links is an error saying it doesnt exist, am I just damned, or are others getting this

Nope i just got the same thing

Sean The Red
01-09-2004, 02:39 AM
Nope i just got the same thing

good, I didnt need link problems on top of my already horrible week

straightXed
01-09-2004, 05:41 AM
good, I didnt need link problems on top of my already horrible week

works fine for me.

drug free adult
01-10-2004, 10:18 AM
i drink caffiene in my soda sometimes. i hate coffee though. i have not been drinking soda for the last couple of days cause i have been trying to loose a little bit of weight. i been drinking water,

coughslashcool
01-10-2004, 01:29 PM
i drink a lot of coffee.

xsecx
01-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by coughslashcool
i drink a lot of coffee.

do you claim to be edge?

Sean The Red
01-11-2004, 02:01 AM
do you claim to be edge?

isnt caffine a big grey zone of debate?

xsecx
01-11-2004, 08:01 AM
isnt caffine a big grey zone of debate?

if someone drinks 10 cups of coffee a day everyday , there isn't much to debate.

coughslashcool
01-11-2004, 04:01 PM
do you claim to be edge?

no. i havent been edge for a long time. but when i was claiming it i sometimes had caffiene.

stagepower
01-20-2004, 09:04 PM
because more than 90 percent of the world drinks it

xsecx
01-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by stagepower
because more than 90 percent of the world drinks it

do you kids ever actually read the articles and comment on that or just the subject?