PDA

View Full Version : best hardcore band ever?

sXe 4 lyf
09-02-2009, 07:11 PM
question. What do you think the best hardcore band ever is?

SgtD
09-03-2009, 12:50 AM
fuck that's a tough one. Youth of today? Negative approach? i don't know, the more i think about it the more bands i would like to name

lo0m
09-03-2009, 03:13 AM
SgtD: +1

what about dividing hardcore into some subgenres (80's, metalcore, trash, etc.) and then naming - let's say - three? i could answer that question.. otherwise.. dunno, it's Insted now, can be some other band next week..

sXe 4 lyf
09-03-2009, 05:51 AM
ha ha well i was just wondering seeing as i have pretty much no idea what would be considered real hardcore, i mean the bands i listen to arent exactly straight edge or anything, here in australia i dont think many people would know about those sorts of bands and especially the town i live in, its TINY, so i basically just wanna know more, wierd but yeah, so lets say metal bands, in the 2000's? favourite/s?

JoeyX
09-05-2009, 03:01 AM
ha ha well i was just wondering seeing as i have pretty much no idea what would be considered real hardcore, i mean the bands i listen to arent exactly straight edge or anything, here in australia i dont think many people would know about those sorts of bands and especially the town i live in, its TINY, so i basically just wanna know more, wierd but yeah, so lets say metal bands, in the 2000's? favourite/s?

They were around obviously way before the 2000's, however still around today. So.....

Slayer.

linsee
09-05-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm going to name like 10: Lifetime, Bane, Go it Alone, Champion, Gorilla Biscuits, Ruiner, Allegiance, Unbroken, Righteous Jams, Shai Hulud.

sXe 4 lyf
09-05-2009, 10:09 PM
They were around obviously way before the 2000's, however still around today. So.....

Slayer.

slayer is good, i like killswitch engage, question though. Have you ever heard of clutch? i dont know whether it is really hardcore, just wondering though, all my mates think the music i listen to is gay and emo. although that probably doesnt mean much seeing as some of them listen to japenese music.

Adam Edge hwc
09-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Agnostic Front hands down..

sXe 4 lyf
09-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Agnostic Front hands down..

haha ok question how sad and bad is it that I dont know who that is?

straightXed
09-08-2009, 12:15 PM

That is pretty bad.

Adam Edge hwc
09-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Any why is that there still playing till this day one of the few hardcore bands from the 80's that are still around.Still nice guys an not rock stars.A band that influenced so much hardcore bands.And the funny thing for a least one band you people listen to,they have some how influenced.

CarlaRant
09-08-2009, 07:57 PM

-1 loss of punk rock points! j/k I'm sure I'm at -100 by now.

Any why is that there still playing till this day one of the few hardcore bands from the 80's that are still around.Still nice guys an not rock stars.A band that influenced so much hardcore bands.And the funny thing for a least one band you people listen to,they have some how influenced.

I love your avatar by the by

Adam Edge hwc
09-08-2009, 08:05 PM
hahaaha thanx,i guess its not cool thing to respect bands who help influence hardcore.lol

JoeyX
09-08-2009, 08:51 PM
slayer is good, i like killswitch engage, question though. Have you ever heard of clutch? i dont know whether it is really hardcore, just wondering though, all my mates think the music i listen to is gay and emo. although that probably doesnt mean much seeing as some of them listen to japenese music.

I've heard of them, never really listened to them. I think I saw them live and didn't really like them, I'll check em' out when I get the chance though and see.

sXe 4 lyf
09-08-2009, 09:10 PM
I've heard of them, never really listened to them. I think I saw them live and didn't really like them, I'll check em' out when I get the chance though and see.

my favourite song of theirs is the end of heartache.

sXe 4 lyf
09-09-2009, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=CarlaRant;105278]-1 loss of punk rock points! j/k I'm sure I'm at -100 by now.

ha ha well i am probably down like A THOUSAND lol

Adam Edge hwc
09-10-2009, 12:48 PM
haha my bad i thought you guys were dissing agnostic front,so i apologize for being an asshole.

sXe 4 lyf
09-10-2009, 08:43 PM
haha my bad i thought you guys were dissing agnostic front,so i apologize for being an asshole.

ha ha isnt there some theory you shouldnt dis what you dont know about lol.

sXe 4 lyf
09-10-2009, 09:57 PM
just a random question, probably not hardcore or anything, like at all, but has anyone heard of/does anyone like breaking benjamin???????

natas
09-22-2009, 05:43 PM
one king down is my favorite

xCrucialDudex
09-24-2009, 08:40 AM
xParisHiltonx

xSouthernEdgex
10-06-2009, 12:32 PM
BANE

I'm gonna use the same reason why I say Final Fantasy 7 is the best RPG ever. Because it was the first I ever played and I was young.

Maybe I've heard better/more talented bands but still back in the 7th grade when I first heard Bane I fhttp://sxe.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=106138ell in love. It was a new sound. I listen to at least one of their songs a day usually when I'm walking to class.

--------ALSO-------

just a random question, , like at all, but has anyone heard of/does anyone like breaking benjamin???????

probably not hardcore or anything
Not hardcore related, really. I have heard of them, not much though and I'm not too fond of what I have heard. Not my sound.

xCTx
10-06-2009, 01:02 PM
That is pretty bad.
Yeah i second that haha. Agnostic Front is one of the most influential Hardcore bands around and they've been around forever.

xSouthernEdgex
10-06-2009, 01:19 PM

Hmm, how old are you if you don't mind me asking. I'm not questioning your maturity or anything. When I was young and just getting into straight edge I only knew of a few bands like Minor Threat and Bane and didn't really know alot of others. My ringtone on my phone is actually For My Family by Agnostic Front now =)

kid_ugly
10-06-2009, 08:44 PM
i mean i love lots of bands but its no contest

MINOR THREAT

hands down

xCrucialDudex
10-07-2009, 01:26 AM
I've been recently getting SOOOO MUCH into Cro-Mags I can't tell you how much I like the sound of this band. Songs like World Peace, Show You No Mercy, Premediated, Pressure Drop etc. etc. a FUCKING AWESOME.

xSouthernEdgex
10-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Hmmm, randomly posting this because I'm bored in class but for best old school hardcore songs by some of the best hardcore bands I say are:

Nervous Breakdown by Black Flag(funny sidenote, when I first typed this I was making eye contact with my teacher and wrote "Bad Flag" lol)
Die, Die my Darling by The Misfits
Good Guys Don't Wear White by Minor Threat
Attitude by Bad Brains
Millions of Dead Cops by Millions of Dead Cops(Like the sound, not the message)

Pretty off topic I think, but I'm bored as shit.

xGriffox
10-07-2009, 10:23 PM
I've been recently getting SOOOO MUCH into Cro-Mags I can't tell you how much I like the sound of this band. Songs like World Peace, Show You No Mercy, Premediated, Pressure Drop etc. etc. a FUCKING AWESOME.

Same here. Never listened to 'em that much 'til this beginning of the school year. I was listening to them on the subway home today and was rocking out so hard. fucking awesome band. John Joseph's voice is fucking ridiculous.

I WON'T WASTE A BREATH ON YOU OR ANY OF YOUR KINDDDDDD

xCrucialDudex
10-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Same here. Never listened to 'em that much 'til this beginning of the school year. I was listening to them on the subway home today and was rocking out so hard. fucking awesome band. John Joseph's voice is fucking ridiculous.

I WON'T WASTE A BREATH ON YOU OR ANY OF YOUR KINDDDDDD

And the sound is so great. It's not like I heard really, really many hardcore records but their sound is something different from other bands. I just love it. And when I listen to their records I can hardly stay still man... I want to dart off and start hardcore dancing and make some ruckus heh - so intense is the music but I guess you know exactly what I'm talking about here ;)

NormaJean
10-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Seriously. I cant belive that Have Heart or Throwdown isnt even mentioned! :O

D1988
10-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Seriously. I cant belive that Have Heart or Throwdown isnt even mentioned! :O

Have Heart are seriously nothing special and the hype around them was dumb. Throwdown had OK early stuff but they have no original members anymore and they try sound like Pantera.

straightXed
10-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Have Heart are seriously nothing special and the hype around them was dumb. Throwdown had OK early stuff but they have no original members anymore and they try sound like Pantera.

Have heart are the best band in the world if you stand them next to throwdown!

D1988
10-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Have heart are the best band in the world if you stand them next to throwdown!

If you were comparing these 2 bands only, then yeah haha.

But this thread is about the best hardcore band in the world of all time, there's at least 20 bands who were a million times greater before Have Heart were even a band. Then there's the shit loads of current bands who are much better.

aka, Have Heart suck.

xsecx
10-13-2009, 09:08 AM

But this thread is about the best hardcore band in the world of all time, there's at least 20 bands who were a million times greater before Have Heart were even a band. Then there's the shit loads of current bands who are much better.

aka, Have Heart suck.

first 7" was tight as hell and was something that was sorely missing when it was put out.

straightXed
10-13-2009, 09:31 AM

aka, Have Heart suck.

Actually i could name loads of bands that are much worse. Have heart are not as bad as you make out but then you do go out of your way to make them out to be terrible for reasons other than their music, i shouldn't really expect you to be objective.

D1988
10-13-2009, 09:59 AM
You say they aren't as bad as I make out, but they are nowhere near as amazing as the hype train tries to make them be.

I am done here until decent bands are spoken about.

xsecx
10-13-2009, 10:01 AM
You say they aren't as bad as I make out, but they are nowhere near as amazing as the hype train tries to make them be.

dude, you like the movielife.

mouseman004
10-13-2009, 10:04 AM

Checkmate.

straightXed
10-13-2009, 10:08 AM

I don't even know what hype you are on about. But no they aren't as bad as you make out and i come across you saying how bad they are more than i come across any hype about them.

Instead of being done here why not tell us the best hardcore band ever? Or discuss some of the great bands already mentioned?

D1988
10-13-2009, 10:29 AM

Yes, they are a great band.

D1988
10-13-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't even know what hype you are on about. But no they aren't as bad as you make out and i come across you saying how bad they are more than i come across any hype about them.

Instead of being done here why not tell us the best hardcore band ever? Or discuss some of the great bands already mentioned?

I couldn't pick 1 all time best band.

xsecx
10-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Yes, they are a great band.

I'm going to ask a serious question. Whilst playing hockey how many times have you been concussed?

D1988
10-13-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm going to ask a serious question. Whilst playing hockey how many times have you been concussed?

I have never officially been declared as concussed by a doctor or anything, there was one time I got hit so hard my teeth rattled and it took me a few seconds to come around, and then there was another time where I fell head first into the boards but neither was serious.

What don't you like about The Movielife?

straightXed
10-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I couldn't pick 1 all time best band.

Then pick a bunch. I mean its got to be better than complaining that no good bands have been mentioned, right?

xsecx
10-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I have never officially been declared as concussed by a doctor or anything, there was one time I got hit so hard my teeth rattled and it took me a few seconds to come around, and then there was another time where I fell head first into the boards but neither was serious.

What don't you like about The Movielife?

I think we may know the reason.

mostly that they sound like a new found glory cover band.

linsee
10-13-2009, 10:42 PM
I think we may know the reason.

mostly that they sound like a new found glory cover band.

New Found Glory is monumentously better than The Movielife.

Dean, I don't understand why you like them so much.

D1988
10-14-2009, 05:17 AM
I like NFG as well.

mouseman004
10-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Sort of on the topic of NFG, I have recently discovered titlefight. I like them a lot.

xSouthernEdgex
10-25-2009, 03:28 AM
I enjoy New Found Glory, mostly nostalgia that I feel. I never got into their later stuff mostly because I grew out of them but I know that their first album was awesome when I was around 13 or so

xsobereyesx
11-09-2009, 07:14 AM
question. What do you think the best hardcore band ever is?

Comeback Kid, Your Dimise, This Is Colour, and Stick To Your Guns are just some of the best hardcore bands ever...i couldn't name one so i named 4 LOL :) UK HC

D1988
11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
haha dude said Your Demise, wrongly.

xsecx
11-09-2009, 08:19 PM
haha dude said Your Demise, wrongly.

but you don't find calling comeback kid one of the best ever wrong?

D1988
11-10-2009, 03:22 AM
but you don't find calling comeback kid one of the best ever wrong?

At least Comeback Kid had 2 really awesome albums and aren't a bunch of idiots though.

xsecx
11-10-2009, 08:29 AM
At least Comeback Kid had 2 really awesome albums and aren't a bunch of idiots though.

I'm really starting to question your taste in hardcore if you think comeback kid did anything awesome, yet hate have heart.

SgtD
11-10-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm really starting to question your taste in hardcore if you think comeback kid did anything awesome, yet hate have heart.

i think comeback kid never did anything awesome, but i dislike have heart as well.

xsecx
11-10-2009, 09:30 AM
i think comeback kid never did anything awesome, but i dislike have heart as well.

your taste is also suspect, that first 7" was great.

D1988
11-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Turn it Around and Wake The Dead were both very good.

Have Heart are an OK band, but nothing special at all, so much better bands out there.

xsecx
11-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Turn it Around and Wake The Dead were both very good.

Have Heart are an OK band, but nothing special at all, so much better bands out there.

I guess that's the point I don't really get. how is your second statement not true for comeback kid?

D1988
11-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I guess that's the point I don't really get. how is your second statement not true for comeback kid?

Personal opinion. You will like some music I don't and vice versa as you see with Comeback Kid.

xsecx
11-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Personal opinion. You will like some music I don't and vice versa as you see with Comeback Kid.

I'm saying I could accept someone saying both bands were mediocre, because they are. I don't understand how you could say one was awesome and the other wasn't when they didn't do anything new, innovative or interesting.

mouseman004
11-10-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm saying I could accept someone saying both bands were mediocre, because they are. I don't understand how you could say one was awesome and the other wasn't when they didn't do anything new, innovative or interesting.

Comeback kid's credit comes from being a decent canadian hardcore band!

SgtD
11-10-2009, 04:49 PM
your taste is also suspect, that first 7" was great.

after seeing them live, i never wanted to check out their stuff.

xsecx
11-10-2009, 06:42 PM
after seeing them live, i never wanted to check out their stuff.

that's not necessarily the best way to judge a band though.

linsee
11-10-2009, 07:10 PM
I had a bad experience with them as people, but I didn't love or hate their music.

SgtD
11-11-2009, 12:54 AM
that's not necessarily the best way to judge a band though.

not necessarily, but that's what happened to me. i saw them two or three times, and never was impressed at all, quite the opposite, so i didn't bother checking out their records.
I'm gonna tell this story in 10 years like this: "I was upfront going off to have heart whenever they came around, they were such a great band! their records never captured their live shows energy."

xruinedx
11-11-2009, 02:57 AM
For the 80's defs black flag
1990's well i dont like 90's hardcore that much
2000' have heart and killing the dream

D1988
11-11-2009, 05:51 AM

Yeah dude, I see what you are saying. But it's hardcore, nobody is doing anything new or that super exciting.

xsecx
11-11-2009, 05:52 AM
Yeah dude, I see what you are saying. But it's hardcore, nobody is doing anything new or that super exciting.

not entirely true, but there are definitely people who do it better than others. I just can't see how anyone could say either band was.

easy
11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
why hasn't fingerXpoint been mentioned? (this will be my answer to every band question on the board!)

how are we doing this 'best' thing? my favorite? or what?

xCTx
11-28-2009, 11:04 PM
This is a very hard question to answer. I can think of so many good Hardcore bands.

xchainxofxstrengthx
12-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Terror/comeback kid/Bane/sinking ships/The break In/Internal Affairs/Carry On/Have Heart/YOT/DTN/First Blood.......i cant deside

xjamesx_GMHC
12-23-2009, 03:57 PM
at the moment? for me, cruel hand

i cant say best hardcore band EVER. thats barbaric. i'm not braveheart.

XNeverDieX
01-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Such a hard ask, Have Heart and Break Even would be on the top of my list. Gorilla Biscuits, Descendents and Minor Threat are all up there too.

CarlaRant
01-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Comeback kid's credit comes from being a decent canadian hardcore band!

I was just listening to them this morning. I didn't know that they are Canadian. I actually don't know much about them. *shrug*

Slapshot666
01-12-2010, 09:20 PM
My username says it all. Slapshot are my favorite band.

I'm actually not that avid a hardcore listener (though I like old punk and a lot of metal, which hardcore is a sort of descendent of). I do, however, also enjoy SS Decontrol and Black Flag.

xGagex17
01-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I'd have to say that Smash Your Enemies or Shai Hulud or Have Heart are three of the best hardcore bands around today.

XNeverDieX
01-23-2010, 04:47 AM
Sort of on the topic of NFG, I have recently discovered titlefight. I like them a lot.

Title Fight would have to be up there for me, although they are pop punk, what albums/demo's have you heard by them?

zevlramos
01-24-2010, 09:55 PM
I would have to say Devil Wears Prada is awesome!

XNeverDieX
01-25-2010, 01:20 AM

I'm not to keen on their new stuff..
I like their older stuff because it sounds more trashy haha, if that makes sense

MrMcKeigue
01-26-2010, 12:41 AM

Gotta be honest, never was a big DWP fan. I can appreciate their work, but it's just not for me.

easy
02-06-2010, 03:03 PM
are we gonna let this thread die without deciding on an answer???
im gonna have to vote for Youth of Today because of what they meant to HC and to SXE and even vegetarianism for that matter.

xdanidormx
02-16-2010, 04:52 AM
best hardcore band ever, in my opinion was "L´odi social" or Minor Threat

xBOBOx
03-14-2010, 06:38 PM
HAVE HEART, Evergreen Terrace, old Emmure (don't judge me), Acacia Strain, New Impending Doom, ABACABB, Comeback Kid, Bane, Stick To Your Guns, Since the Flood, xTyrantx, and xRepresentx, It Prevails, Terror, and My Children My Bride. Hard to pick a favorite...those are just some as of late.

xBOBOx
03-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Wow sorry ok best band...Bane. Give me a break cause I am really findin the roots (Minor Threat etc...) of hxc bands and I have only just begun. I am originally a breakdown groove kinda guy.

xRoachx
03-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Have Heart