PDA

View Full Version : Movie remakes..

Adam Edge hwc
08-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Haven't seen a good one since,The Thing.And thats from the 80's.Please tell me any that were actually worth seeing these days?

nataliefayeg
08-19-2009, 06:55 PM
None.

linsee
08-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I like a lot of horro remakes, but I don't think I have high expectations for them.

kid_ugly
08-20-2009, 11:37 AM
the amount of movie remakes and adaptions of old tv series is pretty appalling because most of them suck. but i am looking forward to the new Green Hornet cuz i like Seth Rogan. so hopefully that'll be good.

Anderson
08-20-2009, 12:49 PM
The one that annoyed me the most is The Departed. It's well made and well acted, but because it wasn't advertised as a remake and the changed the title it wasn't until I got in the cinema that I realised that I'd seen this film and thus I knew the twist at the end. Giving Scorsese an oscar for that was like handing out grammys for cover versions. It's a bit of a joke really given the quality of his back catalogue.

Most remakes certainly look like they suck. I've not shelled out my hard earned cash to watch poor imitations of decent films like Shaft, The Italian Job, The Taking Of Pelham 123 and The Wicker Man. I won't be seeing the remake of The Warriors either. I know '70s cinema may look dated, but there are some great films that should be watched as they were rather than remade for folks who can't appreciate anything older.

All of this said I did see the Ben Stiller Starsky And Hutch movie and quite enjoyed it.

straightXed
08-20-2009, 03:38 PM
The one that annoyed me the most is The Departed. It's well made and well acted, but because it wasn't advertised as a remake and the changed the title it wasn't until I got in the cinema that I realised that I'd seen this film and thus I knew the twist at the end. Giving Scorsese an oscar for that was like handing out grammys for cover versions. It's a bit of a joke really given the quality of his back catalogue.

Most remakes certainly look like they suck. I've not shelled out my hard earned cash to watch poor imitations of decent films like Shaft, The Italian Job, The Taking Of Pelham 123 and The Wicker Man. I won't be seeing the remake of The Warriors either. I know '70s cinema may look dated, but there are some great films that should be watched as they were rather than remade for folks who can't appreciate anything older.

All of this said I did see the Ben Stiller Starsky And Hutch movie and quite enjoyed it.

Are you counting films of a tv series as a remake?

Speaking of scorsese's back catolouge...what did you think of cape fear?

straightXed
08-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Haven't seen a good one since,The Thing.And thats from the 80's.Please tell me any that were actually worth seeing these days?

Fist of legend is an awesome remake of fists of fury.

I'm gonna check out inglorious basterds, i was going to go yesterday but it elluded me so probably saturday...Although i hear that it is being stressed that it is NOT a remake!

xsecx
08-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Fist of legend is an awesome remake of fists of fury.

I'm gonna check out inglorious basterds, i was going to go yesterday but it elluded me so probably saturday...Although i hear that it is being stressed that it is NOT a remake!

apparently it's not, he just liked the translated named.

straightXed
08-20-2009, 03:55 PM
apparently it's not, he just liked the translated named.

ok, then forget i mentioned that one then!

Anderson
08-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Here (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a172905/singer-in-talks-for-excalibur.html?rss) is a movie that may benefit from a remake. The original is good although the apocalyptic Battle Of Camlann at the end of the film takes place between about thirty guys. I've seen bigger bar brawls. Using the same sort of CGI that was used in LOTR could give a fitting ending to a great story.