PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma, please Help.

mouseman004
08-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I found out that Have Heart is playing a show in Toronto on Tuesday night with the carrier, shipwrecked and a couple of other bands. The problem is I work. I am considering calling in sick to work, however that would result in losing 120$ worth of wages, and then losing a 70$ bonus at the end of the summer for having never called in sick. For any of you who have seen Have Heart live.....would the show be worth it?

rodrigo
08-16-2009, 02:38 PM
I found out that Have Heart is playing a show in Toronto on Tuesday night with the carrier, shipwrecked and a couple of other bands. The problem is I work. I am considering calling in sick to work, however that would result in losing 120$ worth of wages, and then losing a 70$ bonus at the end of the summer for having never called in sick. For any of you who have seen Have Heart live.....would the show be worth it?

i'd go, but if you really need the money, then i would suggest to skip it.

mouseman004
08-16-2009, 02:43 PM
i'd go, but if you really need the money, then i would suggest to skip it.

Nope, I am not struggling for money, so that's not an issue. It is just a lot of money to pass up on, so I don't want to go if they have a mediocre live show. But if they are awesome live, ill seriously consider going.

SgtD
08-16-2009, 03:00 PM
let's put it this way: is a Have Heart show worth $190 for you?
Saw them live, wasn't into it, i thought they were sub par. i know it's probably not too much of a help, because I never liked the band, before or after seeing them.

D1988
08-16-2009, 03:57 PM
I hear they are great live.

But do not give them your money. Fuck that band.

straightXed
08-16-2009, 04:35 PM

i would personally not call in sick but thats me, if i was in your situation i would strive to find an alternative way to get the time off work, like swap a day or something. I enjoyed seeing have heart and all but for me to miss work and lose money i would need to be a pretty big fan of the band. Are you?

Adam Edge hwc
08-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Trust me skip the show,they will be back together one day.

linsee
08-16-2009, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't go if it meant losing out on that much money. I am meant to go see them at the beginning of September but I don't think I'm going to anymore. From what I understand lately it's like 60 dudes jumping over each other trying to sing along. I want to hear the singer, not the people attending the show. I haven't seen them play since 2005 so maybe I'm being misinformed.

D1988
08-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Do me a favour and nobody go put any money towards this band.

rodrigo
08-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Do me a favour and nobody go put any money towards this band.

why?

mouseman004
08-17-2009, 12:52 AM
Thanks guys, I am not really willing to give up almost 200 bucks in salary for the show. It would probably be fun, but it is alot of money for a band that is not even one of my favourites.

Dean, what is your issue with them?

D1988
08-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Pat Flynn fucked over a guy I know in a trade a while back and it went on for ages. I don't know if it got sorted but it was shitty and went on for a long time.

They came to play here last month, Pat Flynn had food poisoning so there roadie did vocals. The promoter had some trouble with the venue etc, but everything still went ahead but the crowd was very small. They were talking shit on Scotland and the promoter the next day down in England to some kids apparently.

They are a good band, but things about them piss me off.

xsecx
08-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Pat Flynn fucked over a guy I know in a trade a while back and it went on for ages. I don't know if it got sorted but it was shitty and went on for a long time.

They came to play here last month, Pat Flynn had food poisoning so there roadie did vocals. The promoter had some trouble with the venue etc, but everything still went ahead but the crowd was very small. They were talking shit on Scotland and the promoter the next day down in England to some kids apparently.

They are a good band, but things about them piss me off.

other peoples trades are never things people should base their opinions of people on. most people I know who are traders have done shady shit and had shady shit done to them.

and dude, if you're a touring band and a turnout is low, they're going to shit talk.

D1988
08-17-2009, 12:45 PM
other peoples trades are never things people should base their opinions of people on. most people I know who are traders have done shady shit and had shady shit done to them.

and dude, if you're a touring band and a turnout is low, they're going to shit talk.

Regardless, fuck that band.

xsecx
08-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Regardless, fuck that band.

what's up grouchy?

D1988
08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
what's up grouchy?

Nothing man, Mousedude just shouldn't lose out on all that money for this band.

SgtD
08-17-2009, 03:05 PM

does anybody remember a story where David Sant, singer for Over My Dead body ripped off a certain hungarian bloke on ebay with $25 and got sent a bag of dogshit in return from said nice guy? haven't listened to, and not willing to listen to over my dead body ever again.

xsecx
08-17-2009, 03:14 PM
does anybody remember a story where David Sant, singer for Over My Dead body ripped off a certain hungarian bloke on ebay with $25 and got sent a bag of dogshit in return from said nice guy? haven't listened to, and not willing to listen to over my dead body ever again.

yeah, and you have the right to, since it was you that it happened to. What I'm saying is taking into account what happened to other people isn't necessarily the best thing to do. Hate by association based on hearsay is a weird thing, especially when it's hate based on shit like trading records or shirts.

SgtD
08-17-2009, 03:46 PM
yeah, and you have the right to, since it was you that it happened to. What I'm saying is taking into account what happened to other people isn't necessarily the best thing to do. Hate by association based on hearsay is a weird thing, especially when it's hate based on shit like trading records or shirts.

yeah, that's true.

does that make me a shitty person, that i take offense that one of my best friends still considers omdb one of his favourite bands, regardless what happened to me? or am i just mad that mr. Sant ruined his band for me forever because of 25 dollars? ahhh.

xsecx
08-17-2009, 04:05 PM
yeah, that's true.

does that make me a shitty person, that i take offense that one of my best friends still considers omdb one of his favourite bands, regardless what happened to me? or am i just mad that mr. Sant ruined his band for me forever because of 25 dollars? ahhh.

band is more than just one guy...

Adam Edge hwc
08-17-2009, 04:30 PM
To me,even though my band i use to be in never did a tour.You shouldn't talk shit if your touring an hardly an kids show up.I would be just as happy with 3 kids,to 200 kids.Its just about having a good time,and losing your mind.No matter the size of crowd.And talking shit always catches up to you in the end.Shit plus its like a free practice for the day!lol

xsecx
08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
To me,even though my band i use to be in never did a tour.You shouldn't talk shit if your touring an hardly an kids show up.I would be just as happy with 3 kids,to 200 kids.Its just about having a good time,and losing your mind.No matter the size of crowd.And talking shit always catches up to you in the end.Shit plus its like a free practice for the day!lol

yeah, but if you're in another country, taking time off of work to do it, having bills to pay, not having a turn out directly effects you negatively.

SgtD
08-17-2009, 04:48 PM
band is more than just one guy...

still, he was enough to ruin it for me. oh well.

SgtD
08-17-2009, 04:51 PM
yeah, but if you're in another country, taking time off of work to do it, having bills to pay, not having a turn out directly effects you negatively.

to me, it's fucking stupid. i never talked shit on any city we played in when there was a low turnout. i was glad for the people who came to the show. i can't be mad at people not coming out, i can't go to every show there is in my city. somtimes it's the promoter's fault, that kids don't come out, it happens, it's in the cards.

xsecx
08-17-2009, 07:35 PM
to me, it's fucking stupid. i never talked shit on any city we played in when there was a low turnout. i was glad for the people who came to the show. i can't be mad at people not coming out, i can't go to every show there is in my city. somtimes it's the promoter's fault, that kids don't come out, it happens, it's in the cards.

if you did a US tour, are you telling me you'd be fine if there was a low turnout because of a promoter? I can't blame a band getting pissed over a small turn out. especially when they're one a multi month tour.

straightXed
08-18-2009, 09:29 AM
I heard from some kids that some band was talking some shit on something. Turned out it was the kids who were talking shit, so fuck this scene!

SgtD
08-18-2009, 01:44 PM
if you did a US tour, are you telling me you'd be fine if there was a low turnout because of a promoter? I can't blame a band getting pissed over a small turn out. especially when they're one a multi month tour.

i never said that. if i found out the promoter didn't do his so called job properly, i probably would get mad at him, but then again, if there was a low turnout, because kids were not into my music, i'd be just bummed.

D1988
08-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Guys, remember I am in Scotland. Nobody gives a shit about hardcore here barely. Even if the promoter done a great job it still would not have got the superb huge turnout that a superstar hot shot world touring "hardcore" band would have expected.