PDA

View Full Version : New Games in the future

xMaggotAzzAx
08-11-2009, 02:36 PM
What games on all platforms are you guys most looking forward to in the build up to xmas?

Mines gotta be: Assasins Creed 2
Modern Warfare 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Tekken 6 - Best Fighting Game

Segadoway
08-12-2009, 02:59 AM
what games on all platforms are you guys most looking forward to in the build up to xmas?

Mines gotta be: Assasins creed 2
modern warfare 2
marvel ultimate alliance 2
tekken 6 - best fighting game

assassins creed!

XCarsonSCX
08-31-2009, 08:19 PM
What games on all platforms are you guys most looking forward to in the build up to xmas?

Modern Warfare 2

warfare 2 and how culd u forget left 4 dead 2?

JoeyX
08-31-2009, 08:26 PM
What happened to good old board games, like Chinese Checkers. haha just playing, but I really do like Chinese Checkers.

XCarsonSCX
08-31-2009, 08:30 PM
What happened to good old board games, like Chinese Checkers. haha just playing, but I really do like Chinese Checkers.

lol the fact that no one else wants to play it. plus wouldn't you rather fight off zombie hordes than play Chinese checkers.

and Risk pwns games like chess and Chinese checkers

Adam Edge hwc
09-12-2009, 08:41 AM
The new Avp game!!!

Adam Edge hwc
09-12-2009, 08:42 AM

Modern Warfare 2

Tekken is one of the best fighting games,and deff in the arcade!!

xSouthernEdgex
10-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Left 4 Dead 2
Final Fantasy 13(hate meeee!!!!!! do it)
Mount & Blade: Warband(the official expansion for one of the greatest games you've never heard of)

Seriously look into Mount & Blade. One of the best and most addictive PC games ever. Free Trial on the official website. although I play the unofficial "birfday present from the great great great step aunt from australia" version if you know what I mean. >.>

Lifestyle_X
10-03-2009, 05:02 PM
L4D2, i heard something about C&C 4 ?

kid_ugly
10-03-2009, 06:41 PM
im waiting for Harmonix to announce rock band 3

SgtD
10-04-2009, 04:53 AM
The new wolfenstein looks cool. I'm never gonna play it though, because my computer is dying, and i don't plan on buying an xbox ps3 etc.

xsecx
10-04-2009, 07:31 AM
The new wolfenstein looks cool. I'm never gonna play it though, because my computer is dying, and i don't plan on buying an xbox ps3 etc.

the reviews for it were really really negative.

D1988
10-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Left 4 Dead 2
Final Fantasy 13(hate meeee!!!!!! do it)
Mount & Blade: Warband(the official expansion for one of the greatest games you've never heard of)

Seriously look into Mount & Blade. One of the best and most addictive PC games ever. Free Trial on the official website. although I play the unofficial "birfday present from the great great great step aunt from australia" version if you know what I mean. >.>

In the hate thread you complained about being ripped off by companies with video games, but you are looking forward to Left 4 Dead 2? That's the biggest load of bullshit any company has ever pulled right there. Valve have been such a great organisation in the past so it won't ruin them for everyone and they should feel lucky at that.

xsecx
10-04-2009, 08:37 AM
In the hate thread you complained about being ripped off by companies with video games, but you are looking forward to Left 4 Dead 2? That's the biggest load of bullshit any company has ever pulled right there. Valve have been such a great organisation in the past so it won't ruin them for everyone and they should feel lucky at that.

how is it a rip off?

D1988
10-04-2009, 08:54 AM
how is it a rip off?

Well it's a rip off because the things Valve are including in L4D2 was promised as downloadable content for the original game. Instead they are releasing a new game only 1 year later which will cost the amount of a new game rather than giving the free downloadable content they promised.

If anything, L4D2 should have been released as some sort of expansion to the original game which cost alot less than full price of a new game, but no, Valve decided to release a whole new game. Then when the boycott club started on Steam and had like 20,000 people join it within the week, they shit their pants and said they would still be doing DLC for L4D1.

It was an overall shitty move, I haven't followed any new things which Valve have said they would do in the past month or so, I lost interest in it and thought they fucked it up in the first place, if they are going to make the game cheaper or do all this other stuff now that they realised people wouldn't settle for it, well I don't care, no second chance on that from me.

xsecx
10-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Well it's a rip off because the things Valve are including in L4D2 was promised as downloadable content for the original game. Instead they are releasing a new game only 1 year later which will cost the amount of a new game rather than giving the free downloadable content they promised.

If anything, L4D2 should have been released as some sort of expansion to the original game which cost alot less than full price of a new game, but no, Valve decided to release a whole new game. Then when the boycott club started on Steam and had like 20,000 people join it within the week, they shit their pants and said they would still be doing DLC for L4D1.

It was an overall shitty move, I haven't followed any new things which Valve have said they would do in the past month or so, I lost interest in it and thought they fucked it up in the first place, if they are going to make the game cheaper or do all this other stuff now that they realised people wouldn't settle for it, well I don't care, no second chance on that from me.

so you're pissed off because they're releasing a new game AND continuing to support the existing game?

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696648/Sesslers-Soapbox-To-the-Left-4-Dead-2-Petitioners.html

SgtD
10-04-2009, 02:53 PM
the reviews for it were really really negative.

oh well. It doesn't effect me at all unfortunately. Even if i had the game and an xbox, i wouldn't have the time to play it. I have to state though, the two videos i saw looked pretty cool.

D1988
10-05-2009, 03:18 AM
so you're pissed off because they're releasing a new game AND continuing to support the existing game?

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696648/Sesslers-Soapbox-To-the-Left-4-Dead-2-Petitioners.html

I'm not even watching it dude simply because the only reason they are acting on this and changed alot of what they planned to do is because they realised people weren't going to let them away with it. So as I say, they shit their pants and started anouncing they were going to do stuff in order to try and get people back on there side. I know for a fact that video is going to try and prove the boycotters are stupid, but in reality, the boycotters were right in the first place and now with the changes Valve had made, it looks like they are boycotting for stupid reasons. But alot has changed and the boycotters are still right.

They were not going to support the existing game as much as they plan to now, they are only doing so because tens of thousands of people kicked up shit and they got scared.

xsecx
10-05-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm not even watching it dude simply because the only reason they are acting on this and changed alot of what they planned to do is because they realised people weren't going to let them away with it. So as I say, they shit their pants and started anouncing they were going to do stuff in order to try and get people back on there side. I know for a fact that video is going to try and prove the boycotters are stupid, but in reality, the boycotters were right in the first place and now with the changes Valve had made, it looks like they are boycotting for stupid reasons. But alot has changed and the boycotters are still right.

They were not going to support the existing game as much as they plan to now, they are only doing so because tens of thousands of people kicked up shit and they got scared.

so you're going to comment about something you won't even watch? The great irony being that you're acting exactly like the video is talking about. Boycotting a game because a sequel is coming out is stupid. Boycotting a game about what support may or may not happen is stupid, especially when talking about a company with a long long history of supporting their games and coming out with new content. What changes did valve make? From what I've seen they haven't changed anything in response to this?

D1988
10-05-2009, 09:12 AM
so you're going to comment about something you won't even watch? The great irony being that you're acting exactly like the video is talking about. Boycotting a game because a sequel is coming out is stupid. Boycotting a game about what support may or may not happen is stupid, especially when talking about a company with a long long history of supporting their games and coming out with new content. What changes did valve make? From what I've seen they haven't changed anything in response to this?

That's exactly why I am not watching and exactly what I was trying to say before. This video is aimed at people boycotting who NOW look stupid after Valve went back on what they proposed and changed things up to sweeten the blow. If this video was made the week they announced this L4D2 bullshit it would make absolutely no sense. It only manages to make people boycotting it look stupid because Valve realised how pissed people were at their bullshit move and changed things up.

All of the things they are releasing in this 2nd full price game was supposed to be free downloadable content. Money money money.

xsecx
10-05-2009, 09:28 AM
That's exactly why I am not watching and exactly what I was trying to say before. This video is aimed at people boycotting who NOW look stupid after Valve went back on what they proposed and changed things up to sweeten the blow. If this video was made the week they announced this L4D2 bullshit it would make absolutely no sense. It only manages to make people boycotting it look stupid because Valve realised how pissed people were at their bullshit move and changed things up.

All of the things they are releasing in this 2nd full price game was supposed to be free downloadable content. Money money money.

the video was done in june dude. if you had watched it, you would have realized that and not look like an ass for assuming.

And dude, they're a business. where's your contract with them that says that it would be free and dlc? Especially since the world we live in now, the only thing that are free normally are bugfixes, everything else you pay for.

D1988
10-05-2009, 10:44 AM
the video was done in june dude. if you had watched it, you would have realized that and not look like an ass for assuming.

And dude, they're a business. where's your contract with them that says that it would be free and dlc? Especially since the world we live in now, the only thing that are free normally are bugfixes, everything else you pay for.

I don't look like an ass for assuming. L4D2 was announced before June, and Valve changed their shit weeks after it being announced, so this video, like I have said, was made after the shit storm.

Yes, they are a business, and if a business says they will do something, contract or not, the people spending money on their products will be pissed if they go back on their word no matter if it was written legally on a contract or not, so that means nothing.

Regardless if the majority of things are now paid for, other games do have free DLC, it's the fact that Valve said L4D WOULD have free DLC that has pissed off so many people. It's not like I am being a singled out little bitch about this, there's tens of thousands of people pissed off for many reasons.

xsecx
10-05-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't look like an ass for assuming. L4D2 was announced before June, and Valve vhanged their shit weeks after it being announced so this video, like I have said was made after the shit storm.

You made an incorrect assumption about a video you refused to watch. It was put out two weeks after the petition came out. so yeah, you look like an ass.

Yes, they are a business, and if a business says they will do something, contract or not, the people spending money on their products will be pissed if they go back on their word no matter if it was written legally on a contract or not, so that means nothing.

What kind of world do you live in where you feel this sense of entitlement? I also don't see anything where they went back on their word at all. I see a bunch of people freaking out and jumping to conclusions though. Where did valve say that it would stop supporting the first game? Where did valve say that all dlc for the game would be free forever?

Regardless if the majority of things are now paid for, other games do have free DLC, it's the fact that Valve said L4D WOULD have free DLC that has pissed off so many people. It's not like I am being a singled out little bitch about this, there's tens of thousands of people pissed off for many reasons.

uh, it's had free dlc and still has more coming out? Have you read what the people who wrote the petition said after they met with valve and actually saw the game? What games on consoles do you know of that have free dlc? halo? gears of war? call of duty?

The Hollow Night
10-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I think this whole thing with valve is ridiculous. Ive been a firm supporter of valve ever since the original half life, so ive followed them from more or less the start. Those idiots really had no right to make such a big fuss about L4D2 because they didnt know all the facts. Its silly, the one time they decide to make a sequel quickly, people freak out because they feel they are being ripped off as the original is still popular.

Have valve ever stopped supporting their back catolog of games? Nope, the original cstrike is still running and popular. They could of decided to kill that in the wake os cs: source. They've released free updates and levels for all their online games. And actually they've released a brand new campaign for L4D1. Those boycotters went to valve's studios to be shown the truth of L4D2, only to find out that it is a larger game with different characters... So its worthy of a sequel.

Valve is a company who really value their fanbase.. They just did a 50% off weekend deal on L4D1, on the tenth anniversary of half life, you could buy it for a £1...and they've done massive deals here are there...they are not a money thiefing company like say, EA or sony. And if you want more free stuff, take a look at the massive mod scene that supports all their games, meaning more free 3rd party custom content.

They've. Never made a below awesome game so far, so i do not worry about L4D2...i only wish they announced SOMETHING about hl2: EP3 :/

I know i look like like a massive valve fanboy, but its only because ive followed the companys games since the start and because im involved in the hl2 mod scene myself... Not many companies give away ALL the tools they used to make their games for free, all the different engine versions for each game..all for free. Pretty sweet i say

D1988
10-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Dude, I was in the best sevs mod HL1 clan, I played that game religiously for years so I am not a Valve hater.

I'm done typing essays, this shit annoys the living hell out of me.

D1988
10-05-2009, 07:04 PM
You made an incorrect assumption about a video you refused to watch. It was put out two weeks after the petition came out. so yeah, you look like an ass.

So yes, again, like I said, Valve changed there shit within weeks of announcing it, so my assumption was actually right about this video. I am not an ass.

What kind of world do you live in where you feel this sense of entitlement? I also don't see anything where they went back on their word at all. I see a bunch of people freaking out and jumping to conclusions though. Where did valve say that it would stop supporting the first game? Where did valve say that all dlc for the game would be free forever?

Never once said they would stop supporting it. Difference between supporting and producing new content and it's the new content I am talking about. I know Valve will support L4D1 for a very long time.

On Steam, when trying to get thousands of people to spend their money on it. Hey, it worked!

uh, it's had free dlc and still has more coming out? Have you read what the people who wrote the petition said after they met with valve and actually saw the game? What games on consoles do you know of that have free dlc? halo? gears of war? call of duty?

Like I said, funny the free DLC came and they are now doing more than people kicked up shit. Sure this might be an assumption, but maybe if people didn't kick up shit they wouldn't make any more content for it? So we are both assuming. But my assumption is probably more wrong for some reason.

Why consoles? L4D is a better PC game than it is a console game. So can I state PC games with free DLC?

The only console game I play that I even considered and got free DLC was Forza 2. I don't know if other games have it on console?

xsecx
10-05-2009, 08:47 PM
So yes, again, like I said, Valve changed there shit within weeks of announcing it, so my assumption was actually right about this video. I am not an ass.

that fact that you're still making assumptions about the content of the video, makes you an ass and makes the video about you.

Never once said they would stop supporting it. Difference between supporting and producing new content and it's the new content I am talking about. I know Valve will support L4D1 for a very long time.

On Steam, when trying to get thousands of people to spend their money on it. Hey, it worked!

The new content that you're somehow entitled to for free for the end of time? Even though they actually had plans and have released new content. you're somehow still pissed? Are you pissed because of the half life 2 episodes? Or should those all be free too?

Like I said, funny the free DLC came and they are now doing more than people kicked up shit. Sure this might be an assumption, but maybe if people didn't kick up shit they wouldn't make any more content for it? So we are both assuming. But my assumption is probably more wrong for some reason.

Why consoles? L4D is a better PC game than it is a console game. So can I state PC games with free DLC?

The only console game I play that I even considered and got free DLC was Forza 2. I don't know if other games have it on console?

How quickly do you think this shit gets turned out? Do you honestly think that with a new game coming out with an announced date that they somehow dropped everything to put out new content because some kids signed an online boycott? How is that even plausible in your mind? The one really clear point is that valve at no point ever said they wouldn't be providing new content for l4d. All they have said is that they'd be releaseing l4d2 in a couple of months.

Free dlc just doesn't really exist, and I honestly can't see it ever happening. You either pay for it up front for a higher initial cost or you buy it later as dlc. Are you pissed at blizzard for charging a monthly fee AND for charging for expansion packs? I honestly don't see why people feel betrayed or are angry for shit that may or may not happen. At least wait until shit comes out and then figure out how you're going to feel about it.

xCTx
10-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Modern Warfare 2 and Assassins Creed 2 definitely for Xbox 360.

D1988
10-06-2009, 03:35 AM
that fact that you're still making assumptions about the content of the video, makes you an ass and makes the video about you.

I know exactly what the video is about and what is trying to say. I am not an ass.

The new content that you're somehow entitled to for free for the end of time? Even though they actually had plans and have released new content. you're somehow still pissed? Are you pissed because of the half life 2 episodes? Or should those all be free too?

Where are you pulling the end of time stuff from?

They had plans for the new content all along? How can you know that? Because they said so? Who's to say they are telling the truth? Assumptions all round.

I couldn't care about HL2, that game blows and I haven't followed and don't know anything about it and it's episodes or the way they were/are released etc.

How quickly do you think this shit gets turned out? Do you honestly think that with a new game coming out with an announced date that they somehow dropped everything to put out new content because some kids signed an online boycott? How is that even plausible in your mind? The one really clear point is that valve at no point ever said they wouldn't be providing new content for l4d. All they have said is that they'd be releaseing l4d2 in a couple of months.

Well think of it this way. L4D2 must have been in development as the original game was released as it's only been a year. This is why kids believe the stuff thats so amazingly magically different in the 2nd bullshit game should have been in the first, as they were developing the games so closely together.

Free dlc just doesn't really exist, and I honestly can't see it ever happening. You either pay for it up front for a higher initial cost or you buy it later as dlc. Are you pissed at blizzard for charging a monthly fee AND for charging for expansion packs? I honestly don't see why people feel betrayed or are angry for shit that may or may not happen. At least wait until shit comes out and then figure out how you're going to feel about it.

I downloaded new cars for Forza Motorsport 2 last night, so free DLC does exist.

Blizzard charge a monthly fee, but when they release expansions it's optional to whether you choose to buy them. During the implementation of the new expansion content, the players who do not buy the expansion will still have a hell of alot of downloaded content applied through a patch. But there is no point in talking about that because you pay monthly so it definitely isn't free at all.

xsecx
10-06-2009, 08:53 AM
I know exactly what the video is about and what is trying to say. I am not an ass.

so you watched it?

Where are you pulling the end of time stuff from?

it's based on your view point. if a year is too short, then surely they should just continue to release new content forever, rather than ever putting out a sequel.

They had plans for the new content all along? How can you know that? Because they said so? Who's to say they are telling the truth? Assumptions all round.

because of the life cycle of software development. this isn't shit you can just throw together in a short amount of time. Like any development project that you tend to support, you have a team set aside just to provide support for the existing, while the majority go on and focus on the next release. This is a software industry standard so there's really no reason to belief that this case is any different.

I couldn't care about HL2, that game blows and I haven't followed and don't know anything about it and it's episodes or the way they were/are released etc.

Then how can you really comment about what valve should do if you're not even aware of how it handles other properties?

Well think of it this way. L4D2 must have been in development as the original game was released as it's only been a year. This is why kids believe the stuff thats so amazingly magically different in the 2nd bullshit game should have been in the first, as they were developing the games so closely together.

What does that have to do with your belief that they just dropped everything to rush out the new content of l4d? So what if it was in development? Why does that mean that everything in it should be dlc?

I downloaded new cars for Forza Motorsport 2 last night, so free DLC does exist.

I didn't say that it did, but that's a minor and cosmetic change. Look around the industry, the majority of dlc isn't free.

Blizzard charge a monthly fee, but when they release expansions it's optional to whether you choose to buy them. During the implementation of the new expansion content, the players who do not buy the expansion will still have a hell of alot of downloaded content applied through a patch. But there is no point in talking about that because you pay monthly so it definitely isn't free at all.

Then why aren't you pissed at them for releasing expansion packs? To me that's a way more fucked up way of doing things that anything that valve's done.

xSouthernEdgex
10-06-2009, 12:20 PM

Might I ask if you a registered GameFAQs.com message board member before I comment?

D1988
10-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Might I ask if you a registered GameFAQs.com message board member before I comment?

I am not.

The Hollow Night
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
dude, to me, the fact that you obviously dont seem to know how valve work, kinda makes your comments lose credibility. You cant say that hl2 sucks when, first of all its the highest rated PC game off all time by every publication..,and i mean EVER (note that i never said its the best game ever, thats personal opinion). And second, you've never played it. Valve have seperate teams that work on their range of games, hence one of the possible reasons l4d2 had a fast production cycle...they probably had too many left over ideas that didnt fit into the l4d storyline...i dont know why this whole fanboy boycott popped up, because its the most retarded argument for a boycott ever. And valve didmt shit their pants or change their tune to the backlash, they responded, as most companies dont, the boycotters and won them over, which destroyed the boycot group from the inside.

Any way their switch to episodic content was meant to speed up the time between releases (hl2 was in development as soon as hl1 was released..thats 5/6 years! So they needed a way to speed it up..) so they probably used the same template for the l4d series...with hl2:EP3, my only guess for its delay is its a major engine update...or a long episode, they are researching into incorporating a deaf character to cater for a sub section of their audience.

D1988
10-07-2009, 05:53 AM
dude, to me the fact that you are making assumptions about me, kinda makes your comments above lose any credibility.

I know how Valve works just as much as you do. There are too many self proclaimed experts on the gaming industry, don't be one of them.

I have played and own HL2, where did you get the idea I had never played it? Like you say, personal opinion. I was a hardcore HL1 player and thought the 2nd one was terrible in comparison, that's my opinion. I don't give a shit if it's the highest ranked video game ever blah blah blah, I think it sucks.

Your reply is made up of random assumptions as much as anyone else in here.

Lifestyle_X
10-07-2009, 12:13 PM
I support Dean on this one.. everyone has his own opinion, you can't beat that. and I think that L4D2 is kind of a ripoff, another 50€ for a sequel that comes out a year after the first game, it kinda bugs me.

xsecx
10-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I support Dean on this one.. everyone has his own opinion, you can't beat that. and I think that L4D2 is kind of a ripoff, another 50€ for a sequel that comes out a year after the first game, it kinda bugs me.

why does the time between releases make it a ripoff, if it ends up being a solid game?

xSouthernEdgex
10-07-2009, 01:41 PM
L4D2 is $30 on Steam. Also, don't buy it if you don't support it. What this boycott is is a bunch of fanboys whining over free content that was promised(and delivered) but they want more. "Give me more free stuff." Where do people get this mentality that they are owed something? If I buy a Pepsi I don't expect Pepsi corp. to keep sending me free bags of sugar to sweeten my drink. I get what I pay for and nothing else. I think its great that steam is releasing free DLC for L4D and TF2 and other games(i believe other games, not sure). But, because of this lame little boycott, Valve had to take developers and coders away from the TF2 team to work on the L4D piece because of the amount of whining. People are so used to getting handouts and its kind of ridiculous. If you don't support the company but still want to play their stuff then learn to Pirate. All you need is BitTorrent and WinRar. I'm a pirate with a conscience as I pirate a game to test it and if I like it I support the company and buy the game. I pirated Left 4 Dead and played it on Garena and loved it and eventually went and bought Left 4 Dead as a way to support them. Same thing with a great indie game called Mount & Blade. Stop whining about Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. Shoot shit in the face, get in the corner and melee, molotov the tank, cr0wn the witch, shove boomers before shooting and get over it.

straightXed
10-07-2009, 02:06 PM
L4D2 is $30 on Steam. Also, don't buy it if you don't support it. What this boycott is is a bunch of fanboys whining over free content that was promised(and delivered) but they want more. "Give me more free stuff." Where do people get this mentality that they are owed something? If I buy a Pepsi I don't expect Pepsi corp. to keep sending me free bags of sugar to sweeten my drink. I get what I pay for and nothing else. I think its great that steam is releasing free DLC for L4D and TF2 and other games(i believe other games, not sure). But, because of this lame little boycott, Valve had to take developers and coders away from the TF2 team to work on the L4D piece because of the amount of whining. People are so used to getting handouts and its kind of ridiculous. If you don't support the company but still want to play their stuff then learn to Pirate. All you need is BitTorrent and WinRar. I'm a pirate with a conscience as I pirate a game to test it and if I like it I support the company and buy the game. I pirated Left 4 Dead and played it on Garena and loved it and eventually went and bought Left 4 Dead as a way to support them. Same thing with a great indie game called Mount & Blade. Stop whining about Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. Shoot shit in the face, get in the corner and melee, molotov the tank, cr0wn the witch, shove boomers before shooting and get over it.

Free stuff is always good, i love free stuff. Its a great incentive to buying things too, if pepsi always claimed they were giving you a free can to contain your funky drink then they stopped and said either buy the can as extra or use an alternative you may start whining that they should continue to give you the free can. Its a different way of looking at the idea of free stuff. I mean none of it is free, the cost of it is all accounted for somewhere along the way and if the whining kids are actually causing something to happen then great, i mean you see it as lame but if they are reacting to the whining and putting extra coders and developers then they must feel its not lame enough to ignore and that it is their interests to react this way, no?

I personally love it when the power of the consumer dictates a companies marketing strategy in this way, gets you back to the grass roots of bartering for a better deal which happens a lot less with the mass volume and convenience of things today. Shopping is always more fun when you haggle, maybe i am a tight ass but i like to get the most for my money.

Juist thought i'd share my interpretation on things there.

xSouthernEdgex
10-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Free stuff is always good, i love free stuff. Its a great incentive to buying things too, if pepsi always claimed they were giving you a free can to contain your funky drink then they stopped and said either buy the can as extra or use an alternative you may start whining that they should continue to give you the free can. Its a different way of looking at the idea of free stuff. I mean none of it is free, the cost of it is all accounted for somewhere along the way and if the whining kids are actually causing something to happen then great, i mean you see it as lame but if they are reacting to the whining and putting extra coders and developers then they must feel its not lame enough to ignore and that it is their interests to react this way, no?

I personally love it when the power of the consumer dictates a companies marketing strategy in this way, gets you back to the grass roots of bartering for a better deal which happens a lot less with the mass volume and convenience of things today. Shopping is always more fun when you haggle, maybe i am a tight ass but i like to get the most for my money.

Juist thought i'd share my interpretation on things there.

Yeah but TF2 was promised the most updates but they have to deal with a cutback in coders to deal with L4D. L4D was promised "constant updates after L4D2 and a few updates before L4D2." People are upset that Left 4 Dead 2's gameplay improvements could have been updates for L4D. I'm glad L4D2 is coming out. New Engine, Improved Graphics, New Weapons, Bosses, zombies. Hopefully the game is tougher than Left 4 Dead 1. Wow these sidebar arguments always highjack the best topics

straightXed
10-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah but TF2 was promised the most updates but they have to deal with a cutback in coders to deal with L4D. L4D was promised "constant updates after L4D2 and a few updates before L4D2." People are upset that Left 4 Dead 2's gameplay improvements could have been updates for L4D. I'm glad L4D2 is coming out. New Engine, Improved Graphics, New Weapons, Bosses, zombies. Hopefully the game is tougher than Left 4 Dead 1. Wow these sidebar arguments always highjack the best topics

yeah but no but yeah but...i don't play the game and i don't drink pepsi so i shall leave this discussion un "hijacked"!

The Hollow Night
10-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Dean, I never once made an assumption about you, i just wanted to find out where you were coming from.

i'm not a self proclaimed industry expert, though i was heavily involved in the scene once and still to a degree am, i dont know everything....but i dont make random assumptions on topics either

i respect your opinion on the matter, and if the whole l4d2 thing bugs you, fine, im going to go ahead and happily buy it regardless and im sure you wont :)

oh and i assumed that you never played the hl2 series because of this comment:

kinda gave off that impression, but whatever!

ANYWAYS!!! moving on....

I very much want Modern Warfare 2 :D

xSouthernEdgex
10-08-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm kind of excited about Mass Effect 2. I played Mass Effect 1 and it was okay but other people loved it. They say Mass Effect 2 is going to be epic. i dunno, Im looking forward to trying it and seeing if I like it. Hopefully it will be better than the first which was a pretty good game(gameplay wise) but the story was difficult for me to follow really.