PDA

View Full Version : Other music non-core

MrMcKeigue
07-20-2009, 10:11 PM
If you're like me, you love your dose of all sorts of different hardcore music. However, if you're like me, you also love a variety of other music available. Personally I also enjoy:

The Killers
Pantera
Hawk Nelson
Metallica

What are your tastes aside from hardcore?

linsee
07-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Frank Turner
Taking Back Sunday
Kayne West
Lily Allen
Alphabeat
New Found Glory
P.O.S.

rodrigo
07-20-2009, 11:11 PM
The Slackers
Operation Ivy
The Clash
Chickenpox
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
John Coltrane
Ella Fitzgerald
Dave Brubeck

JoeyX
07-21-2009, 12:24 AM
I listen to tons of different styles of music:

Just to name a few:

Slayer
Pantera
Enya
50's music
Black Sabbath
The Postal Service
Eazy E
Immortal Technique
Tracy Chapman
etc.

JoeyX
07-21-2009, 12:24 AM
If you're like me, you love your dose of all sorts of different hardcore music. However, if you're like me, you also love a variety of other music available. Personally I also enjoy:

The Killers
Pantera
Hawk Nelson
Metallica

What are your tastes aside from hardcore?

I love The Killers also.

lo0m
07-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Nirvana, Queen (those were my first favorite bands and i must admit i gave minor threat a try at the age of 15 just because they were mentioned in Azzerad's Come As You Are :-) ), Boy Sets Fire, older Rise Against, Alanis Morissette, Samiam, Foo Fighters, Pennywise, Good Riddance, Sublime, Five Iron Frenzy, Avail, Johnny Cash, ZAO (!!), House Of Pain, Mos Def, Fugazi, Biohazard (i like some tunes but don't consider them a hardcore band), KRS-One and TONS of others...

mouseman004
07-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Sights and Sounds
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying
Uriah Heep
Atmosphere
The Ghost Inside
Shadows Fall
Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
Misery Signals
Between the Buried and Me
Mudvayne
Poison the Well

Obviously there are alot more, just wanted to list a few.

MrMcKeigue
07-21-2009, 07:10 AM
Frank Turner
Taking Back Sunday
Kayne West
Lily Allen
Alphabeat
New Found Glory
P.O.S.

I gotta be honest, I stopped liking Kanye West when I realized what a cocky bastard he is.

MrMcKeigue
07-21-2009, 07:11 AM
I listen to tons of different styles of music:

Just to name a few:

Slayer
Pantera
Enya
50's music
Black Sabbath
The Postal Service
Eazy E
Immortal Technique
Tracy Chapman
etc.

That's the best musical selection I've ever read. My hat is off to you.

CarlaRant
07-21-2009, 11:19 AM
I like to play music in my classroom. I'm all over the place...just to keep my kids on their toes

De La Soul
Arrested Development
50's Doo Wop
Elvis Costello
Ani DiFranco
AFI
Op Ivy
The Pilfers
Weezer
Eagles
Mamas and Papas
Turkish music
Alkaline Trio
Jonathan Coulton
Smashing Pumpkins

xGriffox
07-21-2009, 12:09 PM
MORRISSEY and THE SMITHS

Adam Edge hwc
07-21-2009, 01:05 PM
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Mozart
Aphex Twin
Sepultura
The Cure
White Zombie
Matisyahu
Dj Shadow

nataliefayeg
07-21-2009, 02:09 PM
My playlist right now:

Set Your Goals new cd! AMAZING!
All Time Low.
The Secret Handshake.
Owl City.
Garden State soundtrack.
NeverShoutNever!
The Postal Service.
New Found Glory.
Fireworks.
Four Year Strong.
Kingdom.
My First Failure.
Lily Allen.
Murder By Death.
This Time Next Year.
The Warriors.
Etc.

I really need to make my playlists a lot shorter! Ha.

JoeyX
07-21-2009, 04:08 PM
That's the best musical selection I've ever read. My hat is off to you.

Thank you haha. That is why I laugh when people go "oh I listen to many different genre's of music", because usually it is nothing compared to the MANY different genre's I'm into.

JoeyX
07-21-2009, 04:08 PM
My playlist right now:

Set Your Goals new cd! AMAZING!
All Time Low.
The Secret Handshake.
Owl City.
Garden State soundtrack.
NeverShoutNever!
The Postal Service.
New Found Glory.
Fireworks.
Four Year Strong.
Kingdom.
My First Failure.
Lily Allen.
Murder By Death.
This Time Next Year.
The Warriors.
Etc.

I really need to make my playlists a lot shorter! Ha.

I will co-sign on saying that the new Set Your Goals, is awesome!

It is also cool to see that people from far areas listen to my friends band such as Kingdom.

nataliefayeg
07-21-2009, 04:48 PM
I will co-sign on saying that the new Set Your Goals, is awesome!

It is also cool to see that people from far areas listen to my friends band such as Kingdom.

I pre-ordered their cd. I'm a SYG fanatic. Even getting a tattoo based on one of their songs. Haha.

I heard of Kingdom from another womens based sxe website. Ever since them I've been in love. Just wish I could get their cd. Tell em to come to Denver, CO!

SgtD
07-21-2009, 05:12 PM
I pre-ordered their cd. I'm a SYG fanatic. Even getting a tattoo based on one of their songs. Haha.

I heard of Kingdom from another womens based sxe website. Ever since them I've been in love. Just wish I could get their cd. Tell em to come to Denver, CO!

i thought the new syg record was a letdown, i was expecting something along the lines of mutiny. that album is perfect.

Kingdom played tonight in my city again for like the 3rd time i think? I didn't go, the band doesn't move me at all.

nataliefayeg
07-21-2009, 05:15 PM
i thought the new syg record was a letdown, i was expecting something along the lines of mutiny. that album is perfect.

Kingdom played tonight in my city again for like the 3rd time i think? I didn't go, the band doesn't move me at all.

Of course it's not Mutiny. You can't beat Mutiny. But I still believe it's a great album. I did not expect the song Arrival Notes. But it's such a moving song even without lyrics.

SgtD
07-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Of course it's not Mutiny. You can't beat Mutiny. But I still believe it's a great album. I did not expect the song Arrival Notes. But it's such a moving song even without lyrics.

the one with the girl on vocals got fucking annoying after only listenig to it 3 times. it's so fake. "hey guys is it okay if i hit it" "go for it, come on" ... right.

all in all i think it's an ok album at best, i'd rather listen to the demos and mutiny.

nataliefayeg
07-21-2009, 05:29 PM
the one with the girl on vocals got fucking annoying after only listenig to it 3 times. it's so fake. "hey guys is it okay if i hit it" "go for it, come on" ... right.

all in all i think it's an ok album at best, i'd rather listen to the demos and mutiny.

The girl part is a little ridiculous. Just have her do part of the vocals, don't make her ask. There's another song with guest vocals and he doesn't have to ask to join in. Pft.

I wish I could do vocals like the vocalist in Kingdom. I'd love to start my own hardcore band cause there are so many shitty ones in my area that all sound exactly the same and I'd love to start something different. I'd start a sxe one here.

linsee
07-21-2009, 07:36 PM
I gotta be honest, I stopped liking Kanye West when I realized what a cocky bastard he is.

That is part of his appeal for me. Sometimes I think I have a thing for assholes.

MrMcKeigue
07-21-2009, 09:40 PM
That is part of his appeal for me. Sometimes I think I have a thing for assholes.

Lol, a dangerous fetish.

kid_ugly
07-21-2009, 10:20 PM
i must confess i'm a huge blink-182 and dude ranch, enema, and TOYPAJ are some of my favorite albums.

Aesop Rock
At The Gates
Beastie Boys
Dr. Dre
Eminem
Judas Priest
Leftover Crack
Megadeth
Slayer
Streetlight Manifesto

JoeyX
07-21-2009, 10:59 PM

I like the new SYG.

and how in the fuck can you not like Kingdom, I think they are awesome. haha. oh well.

nataliefayeg
07-21-2009, 11:29 PM
I like the new SYG.

and how in the fuck can you not like Kingdom, I think they are awesome. haha. oh well.

I agree!!!

linsee
07-22-2009, 04:27 PM

The girl is Hayley Williams from Paramore. It's really cheesy. I think that they were trying to portray that this isn't a boys club, but they overdid it.

Chad Gilbert is great on this record, but I have always been a fan of his Shai Hulud days.

I think the album is alright. I think that I as I listen more than the couple times I did I will like it more.

xmichaelxlilunx
07-29-2009, 01:45 PM
killswitch, darkest hour, as blood runs black, parkway drive, august burns red, slayer, devil driver, my children my bride, darkness shall rise, arch enemy, aarson, unearth and a lot of metal stuff

straighten things out, rise against, polar bear club, the explosion, TSOL, no use for a name, ellegarden, the king blues, the wallflowers, midwest kings, hi-standard, thirsty merc, crim in stereo

also some other easier listening stuff like the dispatch, dashboard confessional, jack johnson, old 97, the script, jason marz, holly brook, meg and dia, elliot smith, ryan adams

the beatles is always good
i also like soundtracks and film scores

i just love music hHhhahaha

MrMcKeigue
08-05-2009, 07:52 AM
I can usually explain why I like whatever music I do, but I just can't explain specifically why I like the Beatles.

rodrigo
08-05-2009, 08:16 AM
I can usually explain why I like whatever music I do, but I just can't explain specifically why I like the Beatles.

i can, they were great.

SgtD
08-05-2009, 11:06 AM
the beatles? ummm...

xsecx
08-05-2009, 11:26 AM
the beatles? ummm...

yeah dude. some people are as high as they were.

SgtD
08-05-2009, 01:17 PM
yeah dude. some people are as high as they were.

or had too much of this:
http://nerdlike.com/wp-content/uploads/beatlejuice.jpg

MrMcKeigue
08-07-2009, 11:09 PM
or had too much of this:
http://nerdlike.com/wp-content/uploads/beatlejuice.jpg

I want to meet the person who took the time out of their day to make this picture a possibility.

mouseman004
08-08-2009, 05:40 AM

I hate the beatles. This gets me into a lot of trouble with the majority of my friends.

xsecx
08-08-2009, 12:55 PM
I hate the beatles. This gets me into a lot of trouble with the majority of my friends.

time to get new friends.

MrMcKeigue
08-09-2009, 11:16 AM
time to get new friends.

Probably won't help. That's just generally how people are. If they hear a friend say they hate something hugely popular, like The Beatles or The Dark Knight, even if they themselves don't like it, they usually respond with something like, "Dude, I don't even know you."

Sorry for the super run-on.

xsecx
08-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Probably won't help. That's just generally how people are. If they hear a friend say they hate something hugely popular, like The Beatles or The Dark Knight, even if they themselves don't like it, they usually respond with something like, "Dude, I don't even know you."

Sorry for the super run-on.

no, it will. there are 2 types of people in the world. people who like the beatles and people who don't. if you get new friends who don't like the beatles, you're a right thinking human.

D1988
08-09-2009, 01:30 PM
no, it will. there are 2 types of people in the world. people who like the beatles and people who don't. if you get new friends who don't like the beatles, you're a right thinking human.

hahahaha

rodrigo
08-09-2009, 01:39 PM

i still think of you as my friend anyways!

MrMcKeigue
08-09-2009, 07:51 PM

Yeah, you'd assume it would help, but humans are fickle creatures. You can't pin 'em.

Some people dislike the Beatles, others like them. I'm not sure it's our place to say who's "right thinking" based on their musical taste...

xsecx
08-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Yeah, you'd assume it would help, but humans are fickle creatures. You can't pin 'em.

Some people dislike the Beatles, others like them. I'm not sure it's our place to say who's "right thinking" based on their musical taste...

oh it is.