PDA

View Full Version : TH Music Venue - 7-6-09

MrMcKeigue
07-06-2009, 09:44 PM
I decided it'd be interesting to record what I see at my local venue on the days that I go. Maybe bands at mine will have visited yours at some point.

1st performance: Nothing special, just a local guy named Eli Van Sickle. He does a pretty good acoustic project. He also has a nice voice.

2nd performance: A band named... "City Light Dreams"? Something to that effect. Anyways, I can't say I was terribly impressed. The essence of this band was 5 people competing in a cacaphony to see who could get the most attention. The singer danced mediocre hardcore moves while being drowned out by the drummer. After their set was done, they left. In our venue, there's an implied disrespect in leaving without seeing so much as a single performance from another party. It's mainly because our venue is about growing the hardcore scene in Terre Haute.

3. Renae - This is my second favorite touring band that stops in. They have great vocals and enthusiasm. They even goof off sometimes without jeopardizing their show. If you've ever talked to them, they're just filled with personality. But in all honesty, I can't say I was thrilled with this night's performance. Their vocals seemed inconsistent but not by intention. I'm willing to excuse it, though, because they just came off a long-ass tour.

CarlaRant
07-07-2009, 09:15 AM
I didn't realize that you're from Indiana. Me too! I grew up listening going to either Chicago, Indy or Warsaw for my shows until people started catching on and putting on their own stuff. I feel proud to have been part of the South Bend scene with my zine, RANT! I used to do a lot of reviews. I found that picking out the best song in the set and a list of the band members is helpful to the readers as well as providing commentary of the actual performance.

MrMcKeigue
07-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I didn't realize that you're from Indiana. Me too! I grew up listening going to either Chicago, Indy or Warsaw for my shows until people started catching on and putting on their own stuff. I feel proud to have been part of the South Bend scene with my zine, RANT! I used to do a lot of reviews. I found that picking out the best song in the set and a list of the band members is helpful to the readers as well as providing commentary of the actual performance.

I'll try to do that in the future. :)