Lifestyle_X
06-24-2009, 04:38 PM
rocks !
sry for wasting a thread :D

rodrigo
06-24-2009, 05:39 PM
rocks !
sry for wasting a thread :D

havent seen the first one and i doubt i'll see the new one... or at least pay to see it. i'll probably wait for it on cable tv

D1988
06-24-2009, 05:44 PM
I heard Megan Fox is even hotter in this one than the 1st. Confirm/Deny?

linsee
06-24-2009, 07:21 PM
I want to see it but I'm not in any rush to. Maybe when I go on holiday in a couple of weeks.

Lifestyle_X
06-25-2009, 03:14 AM
confirmed

i think a movie like transformers is meant to be seen in the cinema, those grpahics and special effects really come out great on such a big screen !

xsecx
06-25-2009, 08:32 AM
everything I've read about it makes me not want to see it.

racist autobot's
decepticon testicles
dog's humping
too long

Lifestyle_X
06-25-2009, 08:39 AM
megan fox makes everything OK :)
a few things bothered me aswell, like the huge amount of new autobots that actually don't have any importance in the movie

straightXed
06-25-2009, 09:04 AM
everything I've read about it makes me not want to see it.

racist autobot's
decepticon testicles
dog's humping
too long

The rascist autobots were annoying, the decepticon balls were dumb, the dogs humping made the writing seem a little lazy. It was quite long...it could have been a lot better, action wise it was really good.

xCrucialDudex
09-21-2009, 03:39 AM
I heard Megan Fox is even hotter in this one than the 1st. Confirm/Deny?

Oh yeah man this IS what Transofrmers movie is all about right? xD

There's a video clip on YouTube jesting about how Megan Fox is even hotter this time...
there you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXsd5aw8oas

xCrucialDudex
09-21-2009, 03:41 AM
confirmed

i think a movie like transformers is meant to be seen in the cinema, those grpahics and special effects really come out great on such a big screen !

Local cinema sucks big time plus dubbed version of the trailer killed my desire to go watch this movie in the cinema INSTANTLY.

D1988
09-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Oh yeah man this IS what Transofrmers movie is all about right? xD

There's a video clip on YouTube jesting about how Megan Fox is even hotter this time...
there you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXsd5aw8oas

Girl is perfection.

xCrucialDudex
09-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Girl is perfection.

Nah.. she's cute but nothing special really. There are hundreds of girls just as cute as she is.

Lifestyle_X
09-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Make-up and film techniques probably helped a lot, there are idd a lot more cuter girls walking around.. but I think you have to be crazy to say she's butt-ugly

xCrucialDudex
09-21-2009, 09:22 AM
well I watched a bunch of YouTube videos where Megan is inteviewed alongside with Shea on various TV shows or occasions such as the movie presentation in Asia etc.. just some normal video you know... not a movie with all the fancy technqiues to achieve dazzling hotness.. she looks really cute but just as cute as any other cute girl. Nothing special really :)

D1988
09-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Who cares if there are other girls as cute. Do they have as much money as she does? No sir, I'll take Megan.

xCrucialDudex
09-21-2009, 01:17 PM
okay good point

xCrucialDudex
10-08-2009, 12:22 AM
So, I finally watched the movie.

A lot of things were done disappointingly unsophisticated but I still found it entertaining. I guess it's robots and mind blowing animation, sport cars and superbikes, hot Megan, Sam's funny family, Shea's performance (I love the guy) and maybe something else too.

It definitely could've been done better.

xsecx
11-30-2009, 02:53 PM
I finally watched it. damn was it bad. it looked good, but there's just so much wrong with how they're doing things. The fact that the "spark" just makes things into dicks. the racist depictions were way more overt than I expected. They have the potential to tell a really good story and just don't. it's weird. it's like michael bay is trying to see if he can make as a bad a movie as possible.

Telilah
11-30-2009, 04:26 PM
I saw this movie in the summer and went into it expecting a Micheal Bay film so that's what I got. I was surprised at how funny it was although the person I went with didn't know why I was laughing sometimes, but it was just pure cheese that I would laugh at, or bad acting, or maybe a funny camera angle, etc. I didn't notice any racism and actually had to go look it up 2 seconds ago to figure out what you guys are talking about and frankly I don't agree. It's just a stereotype they play and to define that stereotype to a race is your own projection. I know far to many people of multiple races to act in that way for me to identify it as a stereotype of one particular race, but that's just my personal experience.

xsecx
11-30-2009, 04:38 PM
I saw this movie in the summer and went into it expecting a Micheal Bay film so that's what I got. I was surprised at how funny it was although the person I went with didn't know why I was laughing sometimes, but it was just pure cheese that I would laugh at, or bad acting, or maybe a funny camera angle, etc. I didn't notice any racism and actually had to go look it up 2 seconds ago to figure out what you guys are talking about and frankly I don't agree. It's just a stereotype they play and to define that stereotype to a race is your own projection. I know far to many people of multiple races to act in that way for me to identify it as a stereotype of one particular race, but that's just my personal experience.

please don't take this the wrong way, but you're canadian, and have maybe 3% of your population that's black. You're looking at it through completely different eyes than someone like me does. And yeah, those stereotypes are racist and are racially based. They're based on urban african americans, and just because you know people emulating that stereotype doesn't take away from the fact that it's racially derived. You seriously don't think big buck (gold) teeth and big ears isn't a long standing racist stereotype? The attempt at ebonics wasn't racist? I'm surprised they weren't eating fried chicken and watermelon, they were that overtly bad.

Telilah
11-30-2009, 05:21 PM
please don't take this the wrong way, but you're canadian, and have maybe 3% of your population that's black. You're looking at it through completely different eyes than someone like me does. And yeah, those stereotypes are racist and are racially based. They're based on urban african americans, and just because you know people emulating that stereotype doesn't take away from the fact that it's racially derived. You seriously don't think big buck (gold) teeth and big ears isn't a long standing racist stereotype? The attempt at ebonics wasn't racist? I'm surprised they weren't eating fried chicken and watermelon, they were that overtly bad.

Canada is a big country, I however grew up in Nova Scotia and in NS we have the largest black community in Canada. In Preston 69.4% of people identify themselves as black. I went to CHDHS which is known for their race-based riots by bringing North Preston and Eastern Passage (a white community where I grew up initially) together and Cole Harbour in between is mostly divided between the two races.
All that aside the robots on transformers were suppose to be emulating what they had learned from tv and internet were they not? A particular race may have started those trends but by this point we have moved on and more then one race behaves in this manner making it a character persona and not just a racist stereotype. If one of those robots had long hair wore a lot of black and put up the devil horns every time he could you wouldn't proclaim it as racist to white people because most metal-heads are white (even though a lot aren't) its still a stereotype. To me from what I can see presently and over the past 5 years is that those aren't stereotypes of Black people but of people that listen to rap music, all races.

xsecx
11-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Canada is a big country, I however grew up in Nova Scotia and in NS we have the largest black community in Canada. In Preston 69.4% of people identify themselves as black. I went to CHDHS which is known for their race-based riots by bringing North Preston and Eastern Passage (a white community where I grew up initially) together and Cole Harbour in between is mostly divided between the two races.

Canada is a big country, it also doesn't have the race issues the US does, doesn't have the same history, and as such, doesn't view things the same way. http://www12.statcan.ca/english/census06/data/highlights/ethnic/pages/Page.cfm?Lang=E&Geo=PR&Code=01&Table=1&Data=Count&StartRec=1&Sort=2&Display=Page

vs

http://www.census.gov/population/www/cen2000/briefs/phc-t8/tables/phc-t-08.pdf
All I'm saying is that you clearly view race considerably differently than a lot of people, and your experiences in Canada are significantly different than most people in America.

All that aside the robots on transformers were suppose to be emulating what they had learned from tv and internet were they not? A particular race may have started those trends but by this point we have moved on and more then one race behaves in this manner making it a character persona and not just a racist stereotype. If one of those robots had long hair wore a lot of black and put up the devil horns every time he could you wouldn't proclaim it as racist to white people because most metal-heads are white (even though a lot aren't) its still a stereotype. To me from what I can see presently and over the past 5 years is that those aren't stereotypes of Black people but of people that listen to rap music, all races.

It wouldn't be proclaimed racist because it's not a racist stereotype. It wasn't used historically to oppress.

http://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/cartoons/watertoon.jpg

vs

http://www.gamealmighty.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/16734_53_71646_95d46c105f50f0c.jpg

and

http://www.gamealmighty.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/21362_53_71646_5cdc4999761a773.jpg

That's only how they look, it's not even going into how they talk, that they're illiterate. It goes far deeper than people who are just emulating rap culture.

Telilah
11-30-2009, 11:02 PM
You posted census about all of Canada versus all of America, every part of Canada has their own "flavor" of racism. In Nova Scotia where I grew up, it is towards Black Canadians and trust me that is a vein that runs deep. I just lived in British Columbia on Vancouver Island and spent some time in Calgary, Alberta and for them it is the Native population. Vancouver (city not island) its the Asian population and I believe Ontario has it out for the middle east but I cant remember that too well I might be wrong and at the moment I live in the capital so I get to be around a lot of cultures, its better that way. My point is, you assume that since Canada has such a low population of Black people that I am not exposed to it but you don't understand my experience at all.
I honestly have a million examples of things to say on this but I don't want to because bringing in and identifying these stereotypes as racist is detrimental to the cause, it just further enhances their relevance. Face facts that racism is a learned behavior and to not only recognize but to go in search of these things is further separating everyone and making them more powerful.

You will find racism everywhere if you go out and look for it.

xsecx
12-01-2009, 09:03 AM
You posted census about all of Canada versus all of America, every part of Canada has their own "flavor" of racism. In Nova Scotia where I grew up, it is towards Black Canadians and trust me that is a vein that runs deep. I just lived in British Columbia on Vancouver Island and spent some time in Calgary, Alberta and for them it is the Native population. Vancouver (city not island) its the Asian population and I believe Ontario has it out for the middle east but I cant remember that too well I might be wrong and at the moment I live in the capital so I get to be around a lot of cultures, its better that way. My point is, you assume that since Canada has such a low population of Black people that I am not exposed to it but you don't understand my experience at all.

You're missing the point completely. Your experience and viewpoint are considerably different from someone living in a major american city, especially one in the south. What appears to you, because of your experience to not be a racial stereotype, to me, and a lot of other american's does. It's an american racial stereotype so I don't know how you've been exposed to it, unless you've lived here.

I honestly have a million examples of things to say on this but I don't want to because bringing in and identifying these stereotypes as racist is detrimental to the cause, it just further enhances their relevance. Face facts that racism is a learned behavior and to not only recognize but to go in search of these things is further separating everyone and making them more powerful.

You will find racism everywhere if you go out and look for it.

How is it detrimental to the cause? Do you really think calling things out for what they are is bad? This was overtly racist. Go to google, type in "transformers 2 racist" and see what comes up. This isn't an isolated opinion or people going out to look for things. It is completely and totally out in the open. Yes, let's face facts, racism is a learned behavior based largely on reinforcing negative stereotypes. Ignoring things that are blatantly racist doesn't do anything other than pretend we're in a post racist world when we're really not. People use words like "ghetto" which are simply replacement words. When people are described as acting ghetto, they're saying people are acting like a very specific racist stereotype. I don't really understand why you think it isn't?

Telilah
12-01-2009, 04:35 PM
How is it detrimental to the cause? Do you really think calling things out for what they are is bad? This was overtly racist. Go to google, type in "transformers 2 racist" and see what comes up. This isn't an isolated opinion or people going out to look for things. It is completely and totally out in the open. Yes, let's face facts, racism is a learned behavior based largely on reinforcing negative stereotypes. Ignoring things that are blatantly racist doesn't do anything other than pretend we're in a post racist world when we're really not. People use words like "ghetto" which are simply replacement words. When people are described as acting ghetto, they're saying people are acting like a very specific racist stereotype. I don't really understand why you think it isn't?

I have looked it up on google otherwise I wouldn't know what you were talking about. Me bringing up a million examples of racist stereotypes reinforces them and doesn't move us past them, if we hadn't been told a million times that black people like chicken or watermelon as a stereotype then we wouldn't wind up using it against them. A lot of racist words still exist and get used frequently in todays society without maintaining their original meaning like bugger.
There are more then just black ghettos and maybe I prefer to live in a world where we don't pigeonhole an entire race into one stereotype. Plus frankly those pictures you posted to me don't look at all like black robots, they look like hillbillies and actually resemble a specific cartoon character which I cant remember the name of at the moment.

xsecx
12-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I have looked it up on google otherwise I wouldn't know what you were talking about. Me bringing up a million examples of racist stereotypes reinforces them and doesn't move us past them, if we hadn't been told a million times that black people like chicken or watermelon as a stereotype then we wouldn't wind up using it against them. A lot of racist words still exist and get used frequently in todays society without maintaining their original meaning like bugger.

That's the point though, you can't "move past them". They will always be racist stereotypes. There will never be a time where someone can show an image of a black person eating watermelon as comedy and not have it be racist. There's some shit that just can't be ignored and moved past. They have to be brought to light, discussed and exposed for what they are.

I'm also not quite sure I follow how the word bugger was ever racist? Nigger will never be used for something else, kike will never be used for something else, etc etc.

There are more then just black ghettos and maybe I prefer to live in a world where we don't pigeonhole an entire race into one stereotype. Plus frankly those pictures you posted to me don't look at all like black robots, they look like hillbillies and actually resemble a specific cartoon character which I cant remember the name of at the moment.

Whether you prefer to or not, that's the world you live in. Unless you're talking about 1940's Poland, when you say ghetto to an american it conjure's images of urban blacks. That's a fact. This is the worst kind of racism, the kind that people don't even realize they're doing it.

When you mix the language, the look and mannerisms, I don't see how you could see them as anything else other than racist caricatures.

Telilah
12-01-2009, 06:38 PM
The N word is already being used for something else. Bugger is a Bulgarian homosexual, but doesn't get used as that today neither do things like hip hip hooray. There wont always be racist stereotypes if we don't teach them to the next generation. I know that probably sounds crazy to you because you're on the train of identify and discuss but if you don't teach a child that say grape drink and watermelon are things that a black person is stereotypically known for eating then they wont make that connection and eventually the connection breaks down. (the worst part in this is not the transformers movie making a few characters ghetto, its the public black figures themselves perpetuating these stereotypes and not just them but every race makes fun of themselves and everyone else in a racist manner and it is left to be, but when a white person does anything even if its making fun of themselves then controversy!)
These transformer characters are stereotypical rapper types, rappers being the biggest showboat of the "ghetto" image but almost all rappers of all races and backgrounds have adapted this image.
The most insulting thing I've seen considering all of the things I've looked up and all of the things I've read here is the connection people have made between being black and being illiterate. That's just the most disgraceful things I've seen in all of this, I would have never made that connection and it seems to be one of the main focuses on most arguments.

xsecx
12-01-2009, 09:09 PM
The N word is already being used for something else. Bugger is a Bulgarian homosexual, but doesn't get used as that today neither do things like hip hip hooray. There wont always be racist stereotypes if we don't teach them to the next generation. I know that probably sounds crazy to you because you're on the train of identify and discuss but if you don't teach a child that say grape drink and watermelon are things that a black person is stereotypically known for eating then they wont make that connection and eventually the connection breaks down. (the worst part in this is not the transformers movie making a few characters ghetto, its the public black figures themselves perpetuating these stereotypes and not just them but every race makes fun of themselves and everyone else in a racist manner and it is left to be, but when a white person does anything even if its making fun of themselves then controversy!)

No it isn't. Walk into a crowd, say nigger and see what happens. If it isn't a racist term anymore, then why do you say N word? Why do you have no problem saying ghetto, but say "n word"? Because that word still and always will have a racist overtone. Bugger is a slang term for anal sex, at least in england, and it's still used that way. The crazy thing about what you're saying is that you're not trying to say that the transformers weren't stereotypes, you're trying to argue that they're somehow not racist stereotypes. So what stereotype are the other autobots? Teaching kids differently is a great way to deal with the future, but that doesn't explain away things that are racist stereotypes today.

These transformer characters are stereotypical rapper types, rappers being the biggest showboat of the "ghetto" image but almost all rappers of all races and backgrounds have adapted this image.
The most insulting thing I've seen considering all of the things I've looked up and all of the things I've read here is the connection people have made between being black and being illiterate. That's just the most disgraceful things I've seen in all of this, I would have never made that connection and it seems to be one of the main focuses on most arguments.

And what are the vast majority of "rappers" and "ghetto"? I really don't understand how you think this isn't a race issue. Do you really not understand that being uneducated is a long standing black stereotype? I'm glad that you didn't make that connection, but that doesn't make it any less an issue.

Telilah
12-03-2009, 10:47 PM
I don't like to use the n word and do have problems saying "ghetto" hence the quotations but this is because I grew up in a racist community but on the side that was hyperly aware of not offending anyone. So I've been taught to watch myself, whereas I have friends who went to the school down the road where being white is being the minority and the racist remarks flow off them like its nothing. Doesnt change the fact that there are people out there trying to change the n word.

I left the computer at this point because people came over and frankly don't want to go back to this cause this whole conversation upsets me. You can find racism everywhere if you want to go looking for it, there are worse things out there then transformers and if you want to fight racism then you have to change the way people think not just point fingers and place blame.

xsecx
12-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I don't like to use the n word and do have problems saying "ghetto" hence the quotations but this is because I grew up in a racist community but on the side that was hyperly aware of not offending anyone. So I've been taught to watch myself, whereas I have friends who went to the school down the road where being white is being the minority and the racist remarks flow off them like its nothing. Doesnt change the fact that there are people out there trying to change the n word.

It does, when the only people who are doing it, are black, and are doing it to try and reclaim the word and take away it's power.

I left the computer at this point because people came over and frankly don't want to go back to this cause this whole conversation upsets me. You can find racism everywhere if you want to go looking for it, there are worse things out there then transformers and if you want to fight racism then you have to change the way people think not just point fingers and place blame.

Yes, but this isn't a matter of me making some kind of giant leap and going out and looking for racism, because of some small thing that may possibly be considered racist. This is about a major motion picture using racist caricatures as comedy relief. If you want to fight racism, the best way to do it is to point it out and talk about it to make sure it doesn't happen again. How do you change the way people think without pointing out examples and saying that it isn't acceptable?