PDA

View Full Version : hate thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

xsecx
06-11-2009, 09:43 PM
this shall be a thread in which we list things that we hate.

I'll start.

people that are from somewhere, go live somewhere else for a short amount of time and forcibly pick up accents/slang/customs. especially bad when it's foreign countries and super bad when it's foreign countries and they hold on to it after moving back from where they came from.

folks who talk on cellphones that don't pay attention while changing lanes.

small dogs, especially dachshunds and chihuahua's.

people who join here just to post their ebay auctions.

rodrigo
06-11-2009, 09:50 PM
i hate my incompetent teachers and hope they get fired and we get some good and decent teachers.
i hate unprofessional people.

easy
06-11-2009, 11:32 PM
i hate ants. i didnt used to but here in my house in manila they are all over the place and they make it so i cant leave any food out even if i eat crackers if the box is open and reclosed those fuckers will get it.... and peanut butter too! they sneak right under the fucking lid!

i hate how people are so afraid to live differently from everyone else and view any different lifestyle as bizarre or even a sign of mental illness... the part i most hate about it is they like to tell people that too and although it bounces right off me like nothing, some people aren't as secure and may have them unnecessarily questioning what they do.

i also hate entertainment news.

D1988
06-12-2009, 02:50 AM
I hate absolutely everything these days.

mouseman004
06-12-2009, 05:30 AM
People that walk really slowly in large groups so nobody can get around them

Healthy people that illegally park in handicapped parking spots

People (this includes bands/musicians) that make political statements because they think it is trendy and have no actual knowledge in the subject they are making a statement about. I have no issue with political statements being made, as long as the person making the statement has an informed opinion.

Rush hour in Toronto (and I suppose this applies everywhere else too) and the extremely rude mentality that comes with it

Shepherd's Pie

Coldplay

xsecx
06-12-2009, 07:47 AM
I hate absolutely everything these days.

you need to cheer up emo kid.

xdoverx
06-12-2009, 08:13 AM
I hate stupid people at work and 12 year olds who think their badass just cause mommy isnt around.

straightXed
06-12-2009, 09:34 AM
people that don't indicate when driving.

people who are supposed to provide customer service but are rude. Unwaranted rudeneaa in general bothers me.

people that talk and make noise at the cinema.

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
06-12-2009, 09:36 AM
I hate cliff richard, for you people who dont know who he is, google him. I cant even discribe the rage i feel towards that man and everything he does!!

I hate people who feel its necessary to tell me there thoughts on my life and judge the things i choose to do, its my life ill do what i want and if you dont like it, piss off

I hate the fact im not a millionare

I hate ignorance

I hate it when you txt someone and they dont txt back or send something that wasnt even worth sending

i could go on forever lol

xsecx
06-12-2009, 09:43 AM
I hate cliff richard, for you people who dont know who he is, google him. I cant even discribe the rage i feel towards that man and everything he does!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3120/2897916881_097aedd7e3.jpg

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
06-12-2009, 10:03 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3120/2897916881_097aedd7e3.jpg

oh the rage, THE RAGE!!!!! id get so much satisfaction smashing that pot cliff.

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
06-12-2009, 10:04 AM
AARRRRGGGHHGHGHGHGGGGGGHHHH!! its making me so mad, im gonna have a cliff tantrum now >_<

xsecx
06-12-2009, 10:23 AM
oh the rage, THE RAGE!!!!! id get so much satisfaction smashing that pot cliff.

not just a pot. a toby jug. you could drink cliff.

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
06-12-2009, 10:28 AM
not just a pot. a toby jug. you could drink cliff.

i dont think i could actually put that thing to my lips, id spontaniously combust and splatter rage and hate all over the place lol

Lifestyle_X
06-12-2009, 11:35 AM
drugs.

SgtD
06-12-2009, 11:44 AM
too many to list right now....

xsecx
06-12-2009, 12:54 PM
too many to list right now....

that's why you should. it's cathartic.

mouseman004
06-12-2009, 02:19 PM
people that talk and make noise at the cinema.

Oh! I forgot that one!

straightXed
06-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh! I forgot that one!

Bugs the shit out of me.

D1988
06-12-2009, 03:58 PM
you need to cheer up emo kid.

Give me something to cheer me up.

xsecx
06-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Give me something to cheer me up.

are you breathing?

D1988
06-12-2009, 04:27 PM
are you breathing?

Yeah.

xsecx
06-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Yeah.
then you have a reason.
every day you wake up is a good one.

D1988
06-12-2009, 04:44 PM
then you have a reason.

I wish I could see things how you see them.

xsecx
06-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I wish I could see things how you see them.
you have full control dude. even if it doesn't feel like it, you do. change can always happen if you want it bad enough.

mouseman004
06-12-2009, 05:45 PM
then you have a reason.

you have full control dude. even if it doesn't feel like it, you do. change can always happen if you want it bad enough.

I know you were aiming to help Dean with this, but you have no idea how much reading this just helped me.

rodrigo
06-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I know you were aiming to help Dean with this, but you have no idea how much reading this just helped me.

that's one of dusty's powers

linsee
06-12-2009, 07:17 PM
people that are from somewhere, go live somewhere else for a short amount of time and forcibly pick up accents/slang/customs. especially bad when it's foreign countries and super bad when it's foreign countries and they hold on to it after moving back from where they came from.

There's this dude that works at the hair salon I go to that lived in the UK for about 7 years, and he talks with a posh London accent, and it drives me crazy. I called him out on it knowing it was fake and made him uncomfortable, it was great.

Okay here's my list:

I hate how the people that have worked at my work for 20+ years act as though their shit doesn't stink and that we all owe them something, when in reality they are worthless to the company. At work I also hate when I have to deal with customers that are talking on their cell phone while talking to me. Basically, I hate my job.

I hate how expensive my cable/internet bill is, and I hate how douchey they are when I call to change something or ask a question.

I hate screaming children.

I hate the way watermelon tastes. It sort of smells okay, but it tastes like barf.

I hate how month to month I'm living and not having a savings. Maybe I just hate money.

I hate love. I hate that it's a word.

D1988
06-12-2009, 08:13 PM

I can only have full control of my own life. Not others.

I'm trying to change things and make them better for me, I just can't bring myself to have high hopes that it will work out, like I know I'm going to fail.

Wah wah wah, etc, etc. I know you're all thinking it.

xsecx
06-12-2009, 08:34 PM
I can only have full control of my own life. Not others.

I'm trying to change things and make them better for me, I just can't bring myself to have high hopes that it will work out, like I know I'm going to fail.

Wah wah wah, etc, etc. I know you're all thinking it.

you only need to have full control of yourself.

yeah but if you think you're going to fail you will. It's like driving. You look at where you want to go. Where you look, the car goes, so if you want go forward, you look forward. Failure is part of life, but you don't expect it. You make plans in case, but seriously if you don't believe in what you're doing you need to change either your viewpoint or your plan.

you need high hopes. shit shouldn't just be lyrics you listen to. Seriously. it's sounds cliche but if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will.

When you're on your high horse and things aren't going your way you really don't appreciate what you wanted bad yesterday.

But if I lost it - I'd still be the same It won't break my spirit - I'll look ahead just the same Times are hard it's true - I'll cope

But it won't get me down cause I got - High Hopes

When you're on the bottom the place to look is up When things are getting better, don't say enough What you achieve - that's for you to choose You can always - regain what you lose

Something shitty happens and it hurts - I'll cope It's time we all had - High Hopes

Some people can't rebound when hardship hits their life When they lose something they love and their friend's holding the knife. Pick up your head, get off the ground These High Hopes that I have keep me from getting down.

xsecx
06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
There's this dude that works at the hair salon I go to that lived in the UK for about 7 years, and he talks with a posh London accent, and it drives me crazy. I called him out on it knowing it was fake and made him uncomfortable, it was great.

what did he say?

linsee
06-12-2009, 10:00 PM
what did he say?

Well I said to him, "I'm not familiar with your accent, where are you from in England?"

He was around a bunch of other people and said "I was born here but I lived in the UK for a while, the accent just rubbed off on me, I didn't really realize I had picked one up. I dated a lot of British girls, so maybe that's why."

He got red and quickly left the conversation. It was fun.

mouseman004
06-13-2009, 05:33 AM
Biggest thing I hate more than anything (I can't beleive I forgot it in my original post),

I HATE being lied to. I would rather have my feelings hurt by knowing the truth than find out that I have been lied to.

D1988
06-13-2009, 08:47 AM
you only need to have full control of yourself.

yeah but if you think you're going to fail you will. It's like driving. You look at where you want to go. Where you look, the car goes, so if you want go forward, you look forward. Failure is part of life, but you don't expect it. You make plans in case, but seriously if you don't believe in what you're doing you need to change either your viewpoint or your plan.

you need high hopes. shit shouldn't just be lyrics you listen to. Seriously. it's sounds cliche but if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will.

When you're on your high horse and things aren't going your way you really don't appreciate what you wanted bad yesterday.

But if I lost it - I'd still be the same It won't break my spirit - I'll look ahead just the same Times are hard it's true - I'll cope

But it won't get me down cause I got - High Hopes

When you're on the bottom the place to look is up When things are getting better, don't say enough What you achieve - that's for you to choose You can always - regain what you lose

Something shitty happens and it hurts - I'll cope It's time we all had - High Hopes

Some people can't rebound when hardship hits their life When they lose something they love and their friend's holding the knife. Pick up your head, get off the ground These High Hopes that I have keep me from getting down.

Thanks Dusty.

Lifestyle_X
06-13-2009, 05:14 PM
i hate to break my elbow. just did it like 6 hours ago...

xvunderx
06-13-2009, 05:26 PM
I hate bad attitudes
People who don't use a turn signal
Durian

xsecx
06-13-2009, 06:28 PM
people who use the stupid dog voice when talking to dogs.

SgtD
06-15-2009, 12:09 PM
i hate that i don't have time for myself these days

i hate the that one of my wisdomteeth hurts, and i need to get it surgically removed.

i hate that i have to pay a shitload of money for getting a chipped tooth fixed, which got chipped while eating a totally soft muesli bar...

i hate people that are fake

rodrigo
06-15-2009, 08:54 PM
i hate that the girls i find pretty end up being religious nuts

CarlaRant
06-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Having so-called best friend try to walk all over me

The ignorant boneheads and KKK members that still live in my hometown

People who have consideration for only themselves and can't see beyond their noses

chadfitzy
06-15-2009, 10:02 PM
... disneyland

MrMcKeigue
06-16-2009, 12:12 AM
I hate this zit that found a way to plant itself on the inside of my nostril.

I hate it when people I become fond of turn out to be potheads.

I hate when people always either take a condescending tone or an air of "wisdom." (Note the quotes)

I hate camel crickets - they ruin my otherwise fearless view of insects.

I hate sudden surges of hunger that strike 30 minutes before bed.

Ah, this is the best topic ever.

xvunderx
06-16-2009, 07:30 AM
I hate camel crickets - they ruin my otherwise fearless view of insects.

Ahhh!!!!!!! YES! They scare the hell out of me too! No idea why. They are my top irrational fear. I can't even go near them to get rid of or kill them, I have to set my cat on them.

SgtD
06-16-2009, 12:24 PM
i hate that girls who are into me are not attractive to me.

easy
06-16-2009, 12:28 PM
i hate that girls who are into me are not attractive to me.

physically?

D1988
06-16-2009, 02:05 PM
i hate girls.

fixd4u

SgtD
06-16-2009, 02:21 PM
physically?
physically and intellectually as well.

fixd4u
thanks Dean, but that's far from the truth. I would need a total disaster to strike me in order to turning to shoes...

D1988
06-16-2009, 03:12 PM
thanks Dean, but that's far from the truth. I would need a total disaster to strike me in order to turning to shoes...

I even hate shoes!

xsecx
06-16-2009, 03:13 PM
I even hate shoes!

you need a hug.

D1988
06-16-2009, 03:16 PM
you need a hug.

When my best buddy isn't sleeping, I get all the hugs I want -

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a275/denz_123_456/Buddy1.jpg

SgtD
06-16-2009, 03:16 PM
you need a hug.

he's totally bugged out. no doubt about it

D1988
06-16-2009, 03:22 PM
he's totally bugged out. no doubt about it

What does that mean?

SgtD
06-16-2009, 03:56 PM
What does that mean?

and you have a warzone avatar! shame on you!

D1988
06-16-2009, 04:59 PM
and you have a warzone avatar! shame on you!

Still don't understand....

SgtD
06-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Still don't understand....

Revelation comp has the song Escape Your Society by Warzone, in which Raybeez says:“I can’t take it no more… I’m buggin out!”

linsee
06-16-2009, 07:56 PM
I hate that because we're sisters, I think we'll be friends or that she'll actually want to hang out with me.

JoeyX
06-16-2009, 11:40 PM
I fucking hate sharks. I'm deathly afraid of sharks, for absolutely no reason other than they are fucking crazy freaky looking to me. I love going to the beach and boogie boarding haha, but am terrified of sharks.

I hate kids that come from other scenes/other states, and "represent" the area I've lived in for my entire life, when they've only lived here for like 2 months. It's one thing to be proud of where you're from or where you move to, but not act as if you were born here, and you're unstoppable.

I hate liars. (you might say, that's typical and everyone hates liars, but if that was true there wouldn't be liars,....sorta.)

If a someone cheats on their boy/girlfriend, they deserve to die.

Also, sharks should die.

rodrigo
06-20-2009, 10:32 PM
i hate lolcats

mouseman004
06-21-2009, 03:35 AM
i hate lolcats

What?! "I can haz cheezburger?"

I am kidding....I actually don't like them either....

straightXed
06-21-2009, 07:52 AM
What?! "I can haz cheezburger?"

I am kidding....I actually don't like them either....

I hate the fact i know what you are talking about!

mouseman004
06-21-2009, 11:48 PM
I hate the fact i know what you are talking about!

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb170/mouseman004/6a00d8341d9d2553ef00e54f2b56b18834-.jpg

xsecx
06-22-2009, 09:34 AM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb170/mouseman004/6a00d8341d9d2553ef00e54f2b56b18834-.jpg

I hope your nuts fall off.

straightXed
06-22-2009, 09:54 AM

I hate the fact that even after i said i knew what you were talking about and hated it you had to post it!

mouseman004
06-22-2009, 10:51 AM
I hate the fact that even after i said i knew what you were talking about and hated it you had to post it!

Haha, I wasn't even trying to be an asshole, I totally misread your comment. I thought you said you hated the fact you didnt know what I was talking about. My mistake!

MrMcKeigue
06-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Haha, whatever you say.

xmichaelxlilunx
07-15-2009, 03:39 AM
i hate people who hate for no reason or just because everyone else does so

i hate the rich kids in my grade who go clubbing and drinking and shit

i hate the fact that the girl im fond of does go clubbing

i hate trendy/fake kids

i hate militant people

etc etc

elmtree
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
I absolutely hate when someone stops the microwave with only a few seconds left and doesn't hit the "clear" button.

xLaninix
07-17-2009, 12:42 PM
I hate people that go into pits just to fuck someone up (have fun at shows people!)
I hate those big fish eggs, they are way to salty
I hate people who go to hardcore/ underground shows because they think its a trend

but to leave on a happy note... I LOVE LEGOS! :)

linsee
07-17-2009, 11:25 PM
I hate that even though I know it won't end well, I keep going back for more.

kid_ugly
07-18-2009, 07:02 PM
i hate...
intolerance
insincerity
the fact that i suck at guitar
being socially awkward
and
duran duran

CarlaRant
07-19-2009, 01:54 AM
What, what?

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande

kid_ugly
07-19-2009, 07:48 PM
What, what?

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande

oh gawd its like nails on a chalkboard!!!! its giving me a bit of a headache just reading it.

xsecx
07-22-2009, 10:10 AM
being asked for input on something for work, only to have the person asking not wait very long and send it anyway without telling anyone, and staying 2 hours later than I wanted to for work for essentially nothing.

being asked to draft something for the same person, just to have them ignore it and instead write a bunch of shit that demonstrates that they don't understand the issue or how things work at all.

mouseman004
07-22-2009, 04:19 PM
being asked for input on something for work, only to have the person asking not wait very long and send it anyway without telling anyone, and staying 2 hours later than I wanted to for work for essentially nothing.

being asked to draft something for the same person, just to have them ignore it and instead write a bunch of shit that demonstrates that they don't understand the issue or how things work at all.

Making space toilets sounds really frustrating!

xsecx
07-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Making space toilets sounds really frustrating!

yeah. it got worse this afternoon.

xZachArlenx
07-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I hate...

Being the nice amazing guy that turns into the big brother to all the chicks i talk to

Bitches who think they're all that

Spoiled kids who don't know what it means to have to work for shit.

People that party and ruin their lives "because they can"

Ankle biter dogs (good for punting though)

Other people my age (17) and the imaturity they bring

High school drama

slackers

lazy assholes who dont work and dont have aspirations

not being able to find a job cause of the economy

when someone does a half-assed job on something and tells me "its good enough"

these summer reading assignments my school gives us, damnit i'm a senior gimme a break!

that whenever I work on a car I hit my head on something (and thats often)

posers

haters

assholes

sluts

Think thats it.... but I must say I do love many things as well. That needs to be a thread too!

straightXed
07-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Think thats it.... but I must say I do love many things as well. That needs to be a thread too!

It is a thread already but it seems to hate is more popular.

JustEmily
07-23-2009, 09:14 PM
i hate black jelly beans.

i hate stubbing my toe.

i hate having a lyric from a song stuck in my head, especially if the song is terrible pop r&b about ladies with large asses and no gag reflex on the club floo'

Lifestyle_X
07-24-2009, 05:12 AM
i hate it when i can't finish a level in Commandos 3

nataliefayeg
07-24-2009, 05:45 AM
I hate this place.

rodrigo
07-24-2009, 09:18 AM
I hate this place.

the message board?!?!

straightXed
07-24-2009, 12:53 PM
the message board?!?!

i don't!

easy
07-24-2009, 01:46 PM
who hates the messageboard? and why? hahaha

nataliefayeg
07-24-2009, 03:51 PM
No, not the message board. I hate where I live. Haha.

linsee
07-24-2009, 07:19 PM
No, not the message board. I hate where I live. Haha.

I too hate where I live, so I immediately knew what you meant. :)

nataliefayeg
07-24-2009, 07:58 PM
I too hate where I live, so I immediately knew what you meant. :)

At least someone understands me! Haha.

linsee
07-24-2009, 08:28 PM
I hate how I felt at work all day today. Crying in my office is not my idea of an ideal day.

I hate that my friend is being hurt by a girl that he likes.

kid_ugly
07-24-2009, 08:56 PM
I too hate where I live

what's so bad about Illinois?

linsee
07-24-2009, 09:38 PM
what's so bad about Illinois?

I dislike the town/area I live in. I moved about 2 years ago to take a promotion with the company I work for.

Where in Illinois are you?

kid_ugly
07-24-2009, 11:53 PM
i've been in hoffman estates (a northern suburb) my whole life. which i do hate but i wouldn't let the hate i have for this town extend to the whole state. i mean because chicago's pretty cool

nataliefayeg
07-25-2009, 04:24 AM
I hate party drama.

linsee
07-25-2009, 07:22 PM
i've been in hoffman estates (a northern suburb) my whole life. which i do hate but i wouldn't let the hate i have for this town extend to the whole state. i mean because chicago's pretty cool

I never said I hated the state, I said the town/ area. I live about an hour and a half west of Chicago.

Chicago is pretty awesome.

Segadoway
07-26-2009, 04:53 AM
I hate Nazis.

Lifestyle_X
07-26-2009, 01:35 PM
i hate it when i my cross dies on me when i'm not near home

SgtD
07-26-2009, 04:15 PM
i hate it when i my cross dies on me when i'm not near home

?

linsee
07-26-2009, 06:12 PM
?

His cross to ward off vampires. Duh.

Lifestyle_X
07-26-2009, 08:21 PM
His cross to ward off vampires. Duh.

oh sorry, that's how we call a dirtbike out here in belgium
but hey, good thinking linsee, i would hate that too if that dies on me whem i'm not near home... o:

linsee
07-26-2009, 09:14 PM
I hate the lows.

SgtD
07-28-2009, 11:00 AM
i hate wasteful people. order a small portion dammit, you probably know how much you can eat. or just get it wrapped up, and bring the other half home instead of throwing it out.

CarlaRant
07-28-2009, 02:59 PM
I hate my indecisiveness

nataliefayeg
07-28-2009, 04:05 PM
I hate feeling like I don't belong anywhere.

xsecx
07-28-2009, 04:55 PM
I hate feeling like I don't belong anywhere.

I definitely know how you feel. For the most part I feel like an outsider regardless of who I'm around. You get used to it. There's a lot to be said about feeling comfortable about yourself and who you are separate and apart from other people.

linsee
07-28-2009, 08:52 PM
I hate feeling awesome for a while and then falling completely apart.

lo0m
07-29-2009, 12:48 AM
I hate local scene...

Lifestyle_X
07-29-2009, 06:26 PM
i hate family fights

easy
07-29-2009, 06:58 PM
canker sores

nataliefayeg
07-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Not being able to do my photography.

Lifestyle_X
07-30-2009, 06:36 AM

my nikon d70 fell on the ground... the lens got off it's a littlr bit broke, and when i look through the viewer, there's a black line in the bottom, so i can't see my adjustments :(

nataliefayeg
07-30-2009, 02:35 PM
my nikon d70 fell on the ground... the lens got off it's a littlr bit broke, and when i look through the viewer, there's a black line in the bottom, so i can't see my adjustments :(

I'm pretty sure my life would stop if my Rebel XTi broke. It's about all I have that's keeping me sane other than music right now.

D1988
07-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Females, fuck you all.

xsecx
07-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Females, fuck you all.

that'd take a lot of time dude. you better get started.

Lifestyle_X
07-30-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm pretty sure my life would stop if my Rebel XTi broke. It's about all I have that's keeping me sane other than music right now.

took some pictures, it's still sharp as hell ! but 2morrow i'm going to the local store just to make sure

straightXed
07-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Females, fuck you all.

Dude thats peoples mothers you are talking about.

linsee
07-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Females, fuck you all.

You don't hate me so shut it.

I hate that Dean is really upset and doesn't feel good about himself right now, especially when there are people that think he's an awesome dude.

lo0m
07-31-2009, 01:52 AM

+1 .. my ancient oly E10 finally broke

D1988
07-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Dude thats peoples mothers you are talking about.

no care

D1988
07-31-2009, 10:38 AM
You don't hate me so shut it.

I hate that Dean is really upset and doesn't feel good about himself right now, especially when there are people that think he's an awesome dude.

thanks

straightXed
07-31-2009, 11:47 AM
no care

Thats unfortunate.

SgtD
07-31-2009, 12:00 PM
i hate dean

rodrigo
07-31-2009, 02:10 PM
i hate superficiality.

and i hate lame pop punk bands that make lame covers of pop songs.

Lifestyle_X
07-31-2009, 05:20 PM
i hate the fact that pop artists nowadays don't have the originality to come up with some own stuff, so they have to sample everything

D1988
07-31-2009, 05:25 PM
i hate dean

thanks

straightXed
07-31-2009, 05:53 PM
i hate the fact that pop artists nowadays don't have the originality to come up with some own stuff, so they have to sample everything

Samples can be awesome

Lifestyle_X
08-01-2009, 05:59 AM
Samples can be awesome

trop est trop !

straightXed
08-01-2009, 06:09 AM
trop est trop !

Not got a clue what you refer to but hip hop as a genre of music is awesome and its use of samples was/is inovative and fresh on many occassions. Thats why i say samples can be awesome, re-use is not a bad thing and is done in many creative practices.

Lifestyle_X
08-01-2009, 05:17 PM
too much is too much*

i'm talking about things like Lady Sovereign - So Human and Flo Rida - You Spin My Head Right Round, it kinda annoys me, there are more i think that i can't come up with right now. it's like a wave, all these samples at ones

nataliefayeg
08-01-2009, 05:44 PM
I hate that my only true friends live hours away or on the other side of the country.

linsee
08-01-2009, 06:35 PM
I hate that my only true friends live hours away or on the other side of the country.

Hey me too. I'm really missing friends today actually, it's been rough.

nataliefayeg
08-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey me too. I'm really missing friends today actually, it's been rough.

I've been ignored and ditched by almost all of my friends for the past week. There's only two friends that actually want to hang out but they can't since they're at least two hours away or more and nobody has money for gas these days. It stinks being stuck here with no one.

linsee
08-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I've been ignored and ditched by almost all of my friends for the past week. There's only two friends that actually want to hang out but they can't since they're at least two hours away or more and nobody has money for gas these days. It stinks being stuck here with no one.

That's a bummer you were ignored/ditched.

My days off work and my friends (that are close enough to drive to and hang out with within a day) days off never mesh. Even if we plan in advance stuff always happens that causes us not to hang out. It's is not awesome.

straightXed
08-02-2009, 11:36 AM
too much is too much*

i'm talking about things like Lady Sovereign - So Human and Flo Rida - You Spin My Head Right Round, it kinda annoys me, there are more i think that i can't come up with right now. it's like a wave, all these samples at ones

Its pop music, its designed to be catchy and infectious...pop music isn't generally known for its musical mastery but i still say samples are a good thing.

xDCx
08-02-2009, 07:29 PM
i hate that the one true friend that i could count on just moved away and i most likely wont ever see him again

i hate that my "friends" are all druggie alcoholics that i have basically cut off contact with, and that i cant find any friends that are SXE or even remotely close

i hate that four year strong went to doing covers because they were kick ass and gave me one of the most memorable concerts so far, and their covers sound like shit

i hate my real job(but school and my internship are KICK ASS)

i hate that my internship is free and not paid so i could leave my shit hole job

i hate bills, and bill collectors haha

i hate crashing on my dirt bike, going to the hospital, getting shit done when im perfectly fine and just have a concussion which leads to those monster bills that cost more than my truck and bike cost me combined

i hate the fact that my dad drinks in front of me and offers me beer when he knows i dont drink

O almost forgot CAFFEINE, its my enemy.

linsee
08-02-2009, 09:15 PM
i hate that my "friends" are all druggie alcoholics that i have basically cut off contact with, and that i cant find any friends that are SXE or even remotely close

i hate the fact that my dad drinks in front of me and offers me beer when he knows i dont drink

Hopefully the friends constantly wanting to drink or smoke pot will die down as you get older. When I was your age the majority of my friends drank in excess, but everyone that does drink has since chilled out so it's not over the top anymore.

Does your dad seriously understand you don't drink or is he just messing with you when he asks? I get asked all the time if I want a drink when everyone knows that I don't drink. Does it get old? Totally. But if I got bent out of shape over that life would suck often.

nataliefayeg
08-02-2009, 09:48 PM
i hate that the one true friend that i could count on just moved away and i most likely wont ever see him again

i hate that four year strong went to doing covers because they were kick ass and gave me one of the most memorable concerts so far, and their covers sound like shit

O almost forgot CAFFEINE, its my enemy.

That's what happened with my best friend Laura. Now we barely talk.

I have no friends that are sxe. It's tough but most of them respect my decision so it's okay.

I agree completely! And I'm going to see them on the 26th with two of my other fav bands. SYG and Fireworks. Stoked.

Caffeine is EVIL!

xDCx
08-02-2009, 11:30 PM
I agree completely! And I'm going to see them on the 26th with two of my other fav bands. SYG and Fireworks. Stoked.

haha keep rubbing it in, i am seriously thinking of ditching first day of class for that concert im dieing to see syg and fys is a bonus along with fireworks. ive seen fys 2 times already and both were amazing but definitely when i got punched in the head and lost my shoe in the pit and had to dive for it was the best

yea my dad seriously knows that i dont drink and that i dont approve of it and i finally said something last time he did it to me and sat down and talked with him about it and he hasnt had a drink in front of me for probably the last 2-3 times ive seen him so we will see what happens with that. its pretty bad when i have to sit my dad down and have a talk with him its supposed to be the other way around him telling me he doesnt approve of my behavior.

p.s. i hate having to be mature lol maybe thats why i like concerts so much

nataliefayeg
08-03-2009, 04:47 AM
haha keep rubbing it in, i am seriously thinking of ditching first day of class for that concert im dieing to see syg and fys is a bonus along with fireworks. ive seen fys 2 times already and both were amazing but definitely when i got punched in the head and lost my shoe in the pit and had to dive for it was the best

p.s. i hate having to be mature lol maybe thats why i like concerts so much

I'd ditch it! Fuck yeah! Haha. But I'm pretty sure this show won't beat the NFG show. No show will ever beat it. Drove seven hours to New Mex, first road trip, since they ditched the Denver show just to see three of my fav bands. First time crowd surfing and that was the first time I felt like I belonged in the crowd. The people at that show were fucking amazing. Best time of my life. Including the many bruises and fucked up nose along with the swollen ankle/calf and scratched up hip. Happiest hours EVER!

Ah. Concerts cure it all.

nataliefayeg
08-05-2009, 03:31 AM
I hate boys.

I hate a lot.

SgtD
08-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I hate boys.

you should hook up with Dean. He hates girls.

D1988
08-05-2009, 01:39 PM
you should hook up with Dean. He hates girls.

Correction, I hate everything. Except my doggy, computer and car.

xsecx
08-05-2009, 01:42 PM

fuck you dean!

straightXed
08-05-2009, 01:42 PM

So floorpunch is off then?

D1988
08-05-2009, 02:25 PM
There is obviously things I don't hate that I didn't mention. You guys know you're one of them. And I also like jumping on peoples heads and moshing, so if you think Floorpunch is off then you are greatly mistaken.

nataliefayeg
08-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Apparently I'm not the only one that hates almost everything.

D1988
08-05-2009, 02:57 PM

Sup girl.

xsecx
08-05-2009, 03:15 PM

do you hate guys who talk funny and loves shoes?

nataliefayeg
08-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Sup girl.

Not much. Just hatin on shit. Ha.

No I don't hate guys that love shoes and talk funny, unless they're assholes or dumb.

xsecx
08-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Not much. Just hatin on shit. Ha.

No I don't hate guys that love shoes and talk funny, unless they're assholes or dumb.

then you'd probably like dean, he talks funny and loves shoes. and when he's not being an insufferable shit is really nice.

nataliefayeg
08-05-2009, 03:47 PM
then you'd probably like dean, he talks funny and loves shoes. and when he's not being an insufferable shit is really nice.

Well, him and I have two things in common. We both love shoes and we're both nice when we're not being insufferable shits.

JustEmily
08-05-2009, 04:24 PM
i think i see a lovely romance blossoming here! unless you guys hate on romance too...

D1988
08-05-2009, 04:47 PM
unless they're assholes or dumb.

Oh well.

SgtD
08-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Oh well.

don't be too hard on yourself bro, you're not dumb!

D1988
08-05-2009, 05:32 PM
don't be too hard on yourself bro, you're not dumb!

I see what you did there.

nataliefayeg
08-05-2009, 07:58 PM

I guess you're an asshole then? Ha.

linsee
08-05-2009, 08:51 PM
I hate that my meeting at the corporate office is from 3 to 5pm tomorrow. Nothing like having to be stuck in rush hour traffic right outside of Chicago.

straightXed
08-06-2009, 09:15 AM
I hate net abbreviations and text short hand.

xXxFerCm93xXx
08-06-2009, 01:12 PM
well... I hate:

- stupid TV series, specially disney series like "raven" (I wanna kill her)
- stupid tv ads, that have stupid phrases
- when i´m trying to sleep and a fucking fly doesn´t stop flying around me
- I hate when i´m trying to surf the internet and it works slowly
- I hate when i try to find something and it does not appear anywhere.
-I hate people that think their are cool simply because they go out late, do drugs and make bad jokes to the people, i think you know wath i mean.
- assholes that think that stop to study with eightteen years old is good and don´t even try it, and don´t realise that, after been a teenager, they are going to be adults.
- stupip movies with non sense

D1988
08-06-2009, 03:12 PM
I guess you're an asshole then? Ha.

I'm one of the nice guys, but we finish last. Ask Dag Nasty.

xsecx
08-06-2009, 03:19 PM

seriously dude. it's time you start working on snapping out of it.

nataliefayeg
08-06-2009, 04:19 PM

Smart girls finish last too. Especially when they're straight edge in a party city.

D1988
08-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Smart girls finish last too. Especially when they're straight edge in a party city.

Try living in a party country haha.

nataliefayeg
08-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Try living in a party country haha.

I'm pretty sure I'd die since I can barely stand parties and partying people now.

SgtD
08-06-2009, 05:45 PM

i told you you're not dumb!

D1988
08-06-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I'd die since I can barely stand parties and partying people now.

You'd be fine. There's 1 non party loving person here to keep you company.

i told you you're not dumb!

It's a trap!

nataliefayeg
08-06-2009, 06:45 PM
You'd be fine. There's 1 non party loving person here to keep you company.

That is very true!

linsee
08-06-2009, 10:40 PM
I hate net abbreviations and text short hand.

omgz me 2!

I hate when people spell the as teh on purpose and not in a typing error.

Lifestyle_X
08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I hate it when people treat/see others as stereotypes, like IT'ers as nerds, gamers as freaks, ...

straightXed
08-07-2009, 06:04 PM
omgz me 2!

I hate when people spell the as teh on purpose and not in a typing error.

I really hate it when people type lol at everything, i get this impression they are constantly laughing uncontrolably and that perhaps they are slightly maniacal! But things like teh and just stupid internet sayings are annoying as hell.

On the flipside, i actually always appreciate these boards because of the little extra effort people put into typing sense and using quotes etc.

nataliefayeg
08-08-2009, 03:24 AM
I hate the fact that almost all of the straight edge people in my city hate me and I have no idea why.

straightXed
08-08-2009, 05:12 AM
I hate the fact that almost all of the straight edge people in my city hate me and I have no idea why.

How do you know they hate you, what have they done to make you think this?

nataliefayeg
08-08-2009, 05:34 AM
How do you know they hate you, what have they done to make you think this?

Told me flat out. I've been beat up at shows a few times just because they don't like me for some unknown reason.

straightXed
08-08-2009, 05:48 AM
Told me flat out. I've been beat up at shows a few times just because they don't like me for some unknown reason.

So they beat you up with no provocation and no reason? Personally i'd take some solace in the fact you aren't friends with people like that. Sure it may suck that you haven't found any local straightedge people to be friends with but i wouldn't want to be if they are like that.

nataliefayeg
08-08-2009, 11:51 AM
So they beat you up with no provocation and no reason? Personally i'd take some solace in the fact you aren't friends with people like that. Sure it may suck that you haven't found any local straightedge people to be friends with but i wouldn't want to be if they are like that.

Well not all of them are like that but they all associate together. And a lot of the time people think I'm just like them. It's rather annoying.

JustEmily
08-09-2009, 09:08 AM

how old are you? it sounds like an immaturity thing. these people are losers, and their karma will come back to them.

until then, bring your brass knuckles to every show!

Lifestyle_X
08-09-2009, 01:19 PM
how old are you? it sounds like an immaturity thing. these people are losers, and their karma will come back to them.

until then, bring your brass knuckles to every show!

illegal in belgium. actually, is it illegal too in the US ?

straightXed
08-09-2009, 05:12 PM
illegal in belgium. actually, is it illegal too in the US ?

Brass knuckles are a really nasty thing, i hate the idea of them being associated with straightedge in anyway...its crude and thugish. I hate the tough guy symbolism and i think its a good thing that its illegal.

straightXed
08-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Well not all of them are like that but they all associate together. And a lot of the time people think I'm just like them. It's rather annoying.

Well if you can find some of them to be more like minded then cool but if not then i really wonder why you would want to be friends with them at all. For the record the picture you are painting here really isn't true of all people involved in straightedge, in fact it seems quite an odd pattern of behaviour. So perhaps some different shows with perhaps a more positive vibe my put you in contact with some more decent people, i still find it shocking that these kids beat you for no apparent reason at all.

nataliefayeg
08-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Well if you can find some of them to be more like minded then cool but if not then i really wonder why you would want to be friends with them at all. For the record the picture you are painting here really isn't true of all people involved in straightedge, in fact it seems quite an odd pattern of behaviour. So perhaps some different shows with perhaps a more positive vibe my put you in contact with some more decent people, i still find it shocking that these kids beat you for no apparent reason at all.

I'm eighteen. They're between eighteen and 28. Mostly 21-24. I feel bad for them because all they do is fight and live at home with no jobs. It's pathetic. But it would be nice to have at least one friend that believes in the same things as me so I no longer feel like I'm fighting for what I believe in all the time and like I have to prove myself to everybody. I'm tired of explaining my reason for being straight edge. My question is: Why do I need a reason to not do those things when they don't have to have reasons to do them. It's bullshit. But I deal. And also, they dislike me because I don't believe in fighting and don't have the same belief system as them for every single thing in life.

rodrigo
08-09-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm eighteen. They're between eighteen and 28. Mostly 21-24. I feel bad for them because all they do is fight and live at home with no jobs. It's pathetic. But it would be nice to have at least one friend that believes in the same things as me so I no longer feel like I'm fighting for what I believe in all the time and like I have to prove myself to everybody. I'm tired of explaining my reason for being straight edge. My question is: Why do I need a reason to not do those things when they don't have to have reasons to do them. It's bullshit. But I deal. And also, they dislike me because I don't believe in fighting and don't have the same belief system as them for every single thing in life.

i'd suggest to do what ed said, look for more positive shows, but also, even if its great to have friends who feel like you and who like the same things, sometimes great friends dont have to like exactly what you like, and a good friend respects your choices when they make sense. my best friend is not into hardcore but we share a whole lot of other things. at least thats my experience.

nataliefayeg
08-10-2009, 02:00 AM
i'd suggest to do what ed said, look for more positive shows, but also, even if its great to have friends who feel like you and who like the same things, sometimes great friends dont have to like exactly what you like, and a good friend respects your choices when they make sense. my best friend is not into hardcore but we share a whole lot of other things. at least thats my experience.

Yeah. I think I'm just at an inbetween stage. I'm finally moving out and getting away from a lot of people and meeting a ton of new people. I've lost pretty much all my friends except for a couple new ones. But I don't mind. It's tough but better than being stuck in a shit spot. I go to all kinds of shows. I haven't gone to many lately because I'm pretty broke. Except I went to Warped today and am seeing SYG, FYS and FW on the 26th. STOKED.

nataliefayeg
08-11-2009, 05:55 PM
I hate sweating.

rodrigo
08-11-2009, 06:33 PM
i hate when people show up late and i have to wait for them

JoeyX
08-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I hate shaving every other day, otherwise I look like a scruffy dirtball. Not saying people with beards look like dirtballs, I just think I look bad with a beard.

I rock the "bro" chinstrap. haha

nataliefayeg
08-11-2009, 11:06 PM
I rock the "bro" chinstrap. haha

Gotta love it. Ha.

linsee
08-12-2009, 11:18 PM
I hate finding out how two faced the "adults" I work with are and behind my back tell people that they hope that I fail.

I hate that no matter what I do my nail polish chips in 2 days.

JoeyX
08-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Gotta love it. Ha.

Hahaha yeah. I don't think I look like a "bro" with it though.

mouseman004
08-13-2009, 05:33 AM
I hate when people drive below the speed limit on a major highway.

nataliefayeg
08-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Hahaha yeah. I don't think I look like a "bro" with it though.

Damn. Too bad. Bros are just soooo awesome! Haaa!

JoeyX
08-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Damn. Too bad. Bros are just soooo awesome! Haaa!

Hahaha. Bros that listen to Jack Johnson are awesome! hahaha. I hate Jack Johnson.

nataliefayeg
08-14-2009, 04:46 AM
Hahaha. Bros that listen to Jack Johnson are awesome! hahaha. I hate Jack Johnson.

I like Jack Johnson...Sometimes...

xvunderx
08-14-2009, 08:31 AM
I hate so many things right now.

JoeyX
08-14-2009, 09:31 PM
I like Jack Johnson...Sometimes...

Sometimes? I can't think of anytime it is a good idea to listen to Jack Johnson.

nataliefayeg
08-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Sometimes? I can't think of anytime it is a good idea to listen to Jack Johnson.

Psh. I like almost all music.

nataliefayeg
08-14-2009, 11:48 PM
I hate feeling lonely all the time.

Lifestyle_X
08-15-2009, 05:25 PM
i hate bugs

linsee
08-16-2009, 05:57 PM
I hate how I feel when I have to go to or be involved in family gatherings.

JoeyX
08-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Psh. I like almost all music.

I love all kinds of music.

I listen to music that goes from Slayer to Enya hahaha.

But I just for some reason do not like Jack Johnson. I don't really like hippies, and a lot of hippies love Jack Johnson. That is a big part of it prolly lol.

nataliefayeg
08-16-2009, 10:29 PM
But I just for some reason do not like Jack Johnson. I don't really like hippies, and a lot of hippies love Jack Johnson. That is a big part of it prolly lol.

Awww. That's sad. Poor hippies. You would definitely not like where I live then. Especially some of the people living in my building. Definitely met some major weird hippies last night. Rather funny guys though. And I got a piggy back ride to my floor by one of them!

JoeyX
08-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Awww. That's sad. Poor hippies. You would definitely not like where I live then. Especially some of the people living in my building. Definitely met some major weird hippies last night. Rather funny guys though. And I got a piggy back ride to my floor by one of them!

Haha. Yeah I don't like have a grudge against them, I just don't like em' haha. I wouldn't ever be disrespectful to a hippie for no reason, I just generally don't like their "peace about everything lifestyle" I guess. I mean I love life, and I'm happy 90% of the time, but I think its healthy to just get mad sometimes ya know, stick up for what you believe in GET MAD haha. I don't know, that sounds kinda dumb but whatever.

nataliefayeg
08-17-2009, 04:12 AM
Haha. Yeah I don't like have a grudge against them, I just don't like em' haha. I wouldn't ever be disrespectful to a hippie for no reason, I just generally don't like their "peace about everything lifestyle" I guess. I mean I love life, and I'm happy 90% of the time, but I think its healthy to just get mad sometimes ya know, stick up for what you believe in GET MAD haha. I don't know, that sounds kinda dumb but whatever.

Being pissed is awesome. It means I can be a bitch. Ha. Also, hippies are not realistic about life. There will never be world peace. No matter what there will be anger and fights and war.

JoeyX
08-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Being pissed is awesome. It means I can be a bitch. Ha. Also, hippies are not realistic about life. There will never be world peace. No matter what there will be anger and fights and war.

Agreed.

nataliefayeg
08-29-2009, 12:29 AM
I hate the fact that my best friend is moving across the country tomorrow and doesn't even care enough to say goodbye.

straightXed
08-29-2009, 06:10 AM
I hate the fact that my best friend is moving across the country tomorrow and doesn't even care enough to say goodbye.

Is it possible that they thionk you don't care enough to say goodbye? Or is it a case of you saying goodbye and them not responding?

nataliefayeg
08-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Is it possible that they thionk you don't care enough to say goodbye? Or is it a case of you saying goodbye and them not responding?

Me saying goodbye and her not caring. I asked her to hang out like all week since it was her last week and she said she didn't feel like it.

linsee
08-29-2009, 07:18 PM
I hate almost everything in my life right now.

straightXed
08-30-2009, 05:02 AM
Me saying goodbye and her not caring. I asked her to hang out like all week since it was her last week and she said she didn't feel like it.

Some best friend huh!

nataliefayeg
08-30-2009, 05:15 AM
Some best friend huh!

I know right?! FML.

straightXed
08-30-2009, 07:45 AM
I know right?! FML.

Sorry i don't understand FML, i don't follow all the weird internet abbreviations.

rodrigo
08-30-2009, 09:08 AM

i dont like to say goodbye in situations like yours either, it gives me the impression that, i dont know if i can express it well in english, its like saying "goodbye, i'll probably never see you again and we will stop being friends" and i dont think friendships work like that

nataliefayeg
08-30-2009, 11:01 AM
i dont like to say goodbye in situations like yours either, it gives me the impression that, i dont know if i can express it well in english, its like saying "goodbye, i'll probably never see you again and we will stop being friends" and i dont think friendships work like that

She left for school in NY last year too and we spent the night before she left at a restaurant saying goodbye. And we stayed friends all year. But I guess this time she didn't care enough.

Lifestyle_X
08-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Sorry i don't understand FML, i don't follow all the weird internet abbreviations.

that's fubar..

i hate smelly socks

nataliefayeg
08-30-2009, 02:33 PM

FML=Fuck My Life. There's even a website dedicated to people saying FML.

straightXed
08-30-2009, 05:54 PM
FML=Fuck My Life. There's even a website dedicated to people saying FML.

I will avoid it as i would need to somehow lobotomise myself in a vain attempt to get dumb enough to fit in there. I find all those abbreviations really annoying and stupid, sorry.

Lifestyle_X
08-30-2009, 05:55 PM
you've got some classics tho :D

nataliefayeg
08-30-2009, 06:25 PM
I will avoid it as i would need to somehow lobotomise myself in a vain attempt to get dumb enough to fit in there. I find all those abbreviations really annoying and stupid, sorry.

Damn. Too bad. It's some really funny and fucked up shit.

CarlaRant
08-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Unprofessional, useless high school counselors who interrupt my class over nonsense. Actually I hate all of the interruptions during my class, especially since there's so much pressure on my kids to exceed in reading & writing.

JoeyX
08-31-2009, 03:48 AM

OMG, LOL, FTW, FML, <3, ROFL, and millions more haha.

http://www.rofl.name/asciiart/lollercoaster0.gif

http://www.rofl.name/asciiart/lollermanche4vz.gif

http://www.rofl.name/asciiart/lollerskates.gif

http://www.rofl.name/asciiart/lolsroyce.gif

straightXed
08-31-2009, 07:02 AM

By funny you mean dumb and not really funny at all.

straightXed
08-31-2009, 07:05 AM
OMG, LOL, FTW, FML, <3, ROFL, and millions more haha.

http://www.rofl.name/asciiart/lollercoaster0.gif

http://www.rofl.name/asciiart/lollermanche4vz.gif

http://www.rofl.name/asciiart/lollerskates.gif

http://www.rofl.name/asciiart/lolsroyce.gif

See, its so dumb it doesn't even show up on this board...you need an IQ in negative numbers to follow that shit.

CarlaRant
08-31-2009, 08:18 AM
I hate being sick.

nataliefayeg
08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
By funny you mean dumb and not really funny at all.

No. By funny I literally mean it's funny. I laugh at it. Usually it makes me feel better cause I know that people are having shitty things happen to them too. It's just a silly website that people visit to cheer themselves up. I'm also pretty sure I don't have a tiny IQ.

xsecx
08-31-2009, 02:36 PM
No. By funny I literally mean it's funny. I laugh at it. Usually it makes me feel better cause I know that people are having shitty things happen to them too. It's just a silly website that people visit to cheer themselves up. I'm also pretty sure I don't have a tiny IQ.

I think you guys are talking past each other, you're talking about the fml website, and ed's saying things like fml, lol, omgwtfbbq are dumb.

rodrigo
08-31-2009, 02:39 PM

shitty things that happen to other people makes you feel good?

xsecx
08-31-2009, 02:51 PM
shitty things that happen to other people makes you feel good?

it does for me all the time.

rodrigo
08-31-2009, 03:15 PM
it does for me all the time.

when the dude deserves it, its kinda neat, but otherwise i cant seem to feel good.

JoeyX
08-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah I don't know why they didn't show up, oh well. They are dumb, just funny that people use them all the time and take it seriously. I won't lie, I catch myself once in a while using it, I try not to.

straightXed
08-31-2009, 03:48 PM
I think you guys are talking past each other, you're talking about the fml website, and ed's saying things like fml, lol, omgwtfbbq are dumb.

At the time i was but i decided to visit the website...and its dumb too. At best it will get a slight chuckle but its not that funny at all, its dumb people telling dumb stories about how dumb they have been. Heres the first thing i read when getting there:

"Today, I was taking a piss in a port-o-john and thought it would be a good idea to aim at a bee I saw buzzing around. The bee thought it would be a better idea to sting me on the knob."

So i am of the opinion that any element of funny found there is largely outweighed by dumbness...i prefer my comedy a little smarter even if it is a funny tale of misfortune i want more than you see in the above example, thats just weak.

straightXed
08-31-2009, 04:04 PM

Sorry to have suggested you have a tiny IQ but i associate those net abbreviations with the same type of people that use text speak like "hey m8 how r u, c u l8r" and i just get an overwhelming feeling of dumbness and laziness on the part of people who type like that. I am sure your IQ isn't tiny but it is a pet hate of mine and so its quite appropiate that i am mentioning it here! The one that gets me the most is when people say "lol" at things that aren't even funny or they just at it on to the end of things they are saying for no real reason. It really doesn't convey a very smart impression in the written word in fact i tend to conjur up the idea of them talking and laughing a bit like Goofy!

nataliefayeg
08-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Sorry to have suggested you have a tiny IQ but i associate those net abbreviations with the same type of people that use text speak like "hey m8 how r u, c u l8r" and i just get an overwhelming feeling of dumbness and laziness on the part of people who type like that. I am sure your IQ isn't tiny but it is a pet hate of mine and so its quite appropiate that i am mentioning it here! The one that gets me the most is when people say "lol" at things that aren't even funny or they just at it on to the end of things they are saying for no real reason. It really doesn't convey a very smart impression in the written word in fact i tend to conjur up the idea of them talking and laughing a bit like Goofy!

I agree that abbreviations are annoying and make people seem dumb. But I definitely only use FML and IDK sometimes because it's a lot easier than typing everything out on my phone. I'm also not one of those kids that shorten everything when texting or typing. I try to always use proper grammar and english. I'd really like to meet someone that actually laughs out loud after everything but I'm pretty sure there isn't one person out there that actually does so lol is rather pointless.
Also, for the FMyLife site I will agree that quite a bit of those stories are rather dumb but there are a few that cheer you up a little because they're so ridiculous. It's a way to waste time between classes or while waiting for someone. It's also a way to just give you a tiny smile when you're feeling down. You know what they say, one smile goes a long way.

straightXed
08-31-2009, 05:28 PM
I agree that abbreviations are annoying and make people seem dumb. But I definitely only use FML and IDK sometimes because it's a lot easier than typing everything out on my phone. I'm also not one of those kids that shorten everything when texting or typing. I try to always use proper grammar and english. I'd really like to meet someone that actually laughs out loud after everything but I'm pretty sure there isn't one person out there that actually does so lol is rather pointless.
Also, for the FMyLife site I will agree that quite a bit of those stories are rather dumb but there are a few that cheer you up a little because they're so ridiculous. It's a way to waste time between classes or while waiting for someone. It's also a way to just give you a tiny smile when you're feeling down. You know what they say, one smile goes a long way.

I am glad you agree, i personally always type messages on my phone in full, once its habbit it really doesn't seem like you need it to be any easier. Its great to hear you use proper grammar and english, and that you understand my issue with the whole LOL thing.

Of course if you are actually finding the the caliber of these people, the types who think directing their pee at a bee is a good idea, the humorous part then i can see the logic there, laughing at how stupid people can be is not something i oppose at all, i personally used to quite like the darwin awards site. I think i like it more when the story is a bit more thoughtful, perhaps ironic or just put forward better than "i tried to pee on a bee and it stung me". I'm sure the site has some better elements but unfortunately that was the first thing i read there!

Recently when i have been killing time i have been reading these little zen stories at some website on my phone, they often bring a smile to my face and make me laugh at times but they are thought provoking too, i like that.

nataliefayeg
08-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Of course if you are actually finding the the caliber of these people, the types who think directing their pee at a bee is a good idea, the humorous part then i can see the logic there, laughing at how stupid people can be is not something i oppose at all, i personally used to quite like the darwin awards site. I think i like it more when the story is a bit more thoughtful, perhaps ironic or just put forward better than "i tried to pee on a bee and it stung me". I'm sure the site has some better elements but unfortunately that was the first thing i read there!

Recently when i have been killing time i have been reading these little zen stories at some website on my phone, they often bring a smile to my face and make me laugh at times but they are thought provoking too, i like that.

Sometimes you have to search for a good story on FMyLife.com. The people on there also have to keep it to a minimum amount of letters to be able to submit a story. Another site that I visit is TextsFromLastNight.com. It's a bunch of texts from people while they were drunk and very stupid. It's hilarious to read what they say. It makes me love being straight edge even more.

I wish I was able to use my phone to get online. My friend broke my Blackberry when she was drunk and I don't have the money to replace it right now so I'm using an old beat up phone but it works so whatever. Lately I haven't even had much time to kill since I'm always going to class, doing work for class or busy with friends and family.

nataliefayeg
09-02-2009, 02:37 AM
I'm afraid that my depression is coming back which I hate.

linsee
09-02-2009, 08:50 PM
I hate that stress is causing my hair to fall out.

straightXed
09-03-2009, 06:24 AM
I hate that stress is causing my hair to fall out.

I read a great article on the physical process of stress, i will give you a call about it sometime, it is fascinating and serves to aid it reducing stress.

nataliefayeg
09-06-2009, 02:28 AM
I hate being alone during times like these.

Misfit
09-07-2009, 10:57 PM
I hate writer's block.

Lifestyle_X
09-09-2009, 05:00 PM
i read about the teachers cutback in the usa. linsee, arent you a teacher?

I'm currently online with my PSP and I still write like usual,no c u l8ter or w/e in my mails.

linsee
09-09-2009, 09:09 PM
i read about the teachers cutback in the usa. linsee, arent you a teacher?

Nope, Carla is!

CarlaRant
09-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Yup, I'm a high school English teacher. My contract wasn't renewed in May, but I secured one in the West Valley (aka, 45 min. drive). I was supposed to start at one salary, but when it was all said and done, I had to take a 6% hit. I am now being paid what I would have received last year with just a bachelor's degree and zero experience. I have one year's of experience and a master's degree.

My recent hate list:

Hit-and-run idiots - especially by a red Mustang
My juniors' behavior this week
My Anime Club kids acting like idiots and getting me in trouble with the principal
Forgetting my lunch
Finding out that a girl I thought was super cool is not only homophobic, but racist
Being pulled over by a police officer for a "random stop"
Watching my best friend suffer with a cyst and no health insurance

xBUDDYx
09-12-2009, 06:56 PM
I hate living in the south. It's teeming with ignorance and fake people.

linsee
09-12-2009, 07:16 PM
I hate that I can't figure out if I have allergies or a cold right now.

I hate how obsessive compulsive I get with certain things.

I hate how dark I colored my hair.

I also really HATE that a someone in my neighborhood is watching a movie on full volume, or probably surround sound. It's louder than my tv.

rodrigo
09-12-2009, 09:05 PM
i hate that daughters of the amazon girl with glasses

Misfit
09-13-2009, 04:17 AM
I hate skinheads.

Saw one get punched out at a show tonight though.

straightXed
09-13-2009, 06:24 AM
I hate skinheads.

Saw one get punched out at a show tonight though.

You hate skinheads? How are you defining skinhead?

JustEmily
09-13-2009, 08:50 AM
i hate haikus.

xGriffox
09-13-2009, 11:48 AM
i hate that daughters of the amazon girl with glasses
Y the Last Man?

rodrigo
09-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Y the Last Man?

yeah

Misfit
09-13-2009, 03:52 PM
You hate skinheads? How are you defining skinhead?

Nazi skinheads.

xsecx
09-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Nazi skinheads.

where are you running into nazi skins?

Misfit
09-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Virginia. Newport News exactly. Although the dude is from gloucester, which is filled to the brim with racist trash.

Dude has swastikas tattoo'd all over him. Apparently someone noticed that, and was upset about it lol.

xsecx
09-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Virginia. Newport News exactly. Although the dude is from gloucester, which is filled to the brim with racist trash.

Dude has swastikas tattoo'd all over him. Apparently someone noticed that, and was upset about it lol.

ah ok. I was about to say, those dudes know better than to show up around dc.