PDA

View Full Version : You know it's the summer when...

linsee
06-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Big Brother UK starts.

Call it crack, because I am an addict every year.

Lifestyle_X
06-05-2009, 02:27 AM
didn't know it still exists
i much more like expedition robinson

xsecx
06-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Big Brother UK starts.

Call it crack, because I am an addict every year.

you're part of the problem.

linsee
06-05-2009, 11:22 AM
you're part of the problem.

I can't help it. I have a crush on Davina and love to see people be dumbasses.

XTrueColorsX
06-05-2009, 12:38 PM
In the Big Brother UK some dudes always did strange things under the blanket...

straightXed
06-05-2009, 03:13 PM
A guy i know is a school teacher and says he has to watch it so he knows what the kids at school are talking about. I think that counts as an occupational hazzard!

xsecx
06-05-2009, 03:24 PM
A guy i know is a school teacher and says he has to watch it so he knows what the kids at school are talking about. I think that counts as an occupational hazzard!

that's a dude that is lying and just wants to seem like doesn't watch it because he wants to.

CarlaRant
06-05-2009, 04:45 PM

I will look up various bands on YouTube when my students mention them in class, but I've never watched a whole show series based on their interest, i.e. Paris's New BFF or anything on MTV. What a complete waste of time.

D1988
06-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Big Brother, the only solution to that problem is to firebomb the house before the first person is voted out.

Then proceed to firebomb the houses of every Big Brother viewer. Sorry Linsee, Dusty is right, change your ways and you'll be fine.

linsee
06-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Big Brother, the only solution to that problem is to firebomb the house before the first person is voted out.

Then proceed to firebomb the houses of every Big Brother viewer. Sorry Linsee, Dusty is right, change your ways and you'll be fine.

Neverrrrrr! I love it, I can't help it. There's a pseudo-american in the house too.

D1988
06-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Neverrrrrr! I love it, I can't help it. There's a pseudo-american in the house too.

Kill em all.

Lifestyle_X
06-06-2009, 06:53 AM
i still remember when the first BB was in Belgium, so stupid...
the 'inventer' is from the Netherlands btw

linsee
06-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I only like the UK one. I hate the American one!

straightXed
06-07-2009, 02:25 AM
that's a dude that is lying and just wants to seem like doesn't watch it because he wants to.

I'm sure he gets some enjoyment but it certainly seems more like a morbid fascination!

straightXed
06-07-2009, 02:32 AM
I will look up various bands on YouTube when my students mention them in class, but I've never watched a whole show series based on their interest, i.e. Paris's New BFF or anything on MTV. What a complete waste of time.

Yeah but this is more than a mere mention of a band. People go overboard for it and its generally all the kids talk about, the newspapers are filled with big brother stories, the program has loads of related spin off shows and theres live feeds so you can watch housemates throught the night, sleeping. I can't imagine its much fun spending your summer term not knopwing what all the kids are talking about.

CarlaRant
06-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Yeah but this is more than a mere mention of a band. People go overboard for it and its generally all the kids talk about, the newspapers are filled with big brother stories, the program has loads of related spin off shows and theres live feeds so you can watch housemates throught the night, sleeping. I can't imagine its much fun spending your summer term not knopwing what all the kids are talking about.

That sounds awful.

linsee
06-07-2009, 09:02 PM
That sounds awful.

It's complete overkill, but I'm fascinated with how the UK embraces it and creates "celebrities". I guess I look at it in a positive way and enjoy it, but then again I don't live there so if I didn't want to know about it I wouldn't. I wonder if I would still love it if I lived in the UK.

straightXed
06-08-2009, 10:47 AM
It's complete overkill, but I'm fascinated with how the UK embraces it and creates "celebrities". I guess I look at it in a positive way and enjoy it, but then again I don't live there so if I didn't want to know about it I wouldn't. I wonder if I would still love it if I lived in the UK.

Probably, although you may find you begrudge you love for it a bit more.

straightXed
06-08-2009, 10:47 AM
That sounds awful.

cool huh!

linsee
06-10-2009, 01:14 AM
Probably, although you may find you begrudge you love for it a bit more.

right now I am obsessed since I can't seem to find anywhere to watch it online. stupid Endemol.

xsecx
06-10-2009, 09:04 AM
right now I am obsessed since I can't seem to find anywhere to watch it online. stupid Endemol.

it's the universes way of telling you to walk away. it really is for your own good.

linsee
06-10-2009, 05:17 PM
it's the universes way of telling you to walk away. it really is for your own good.

Earlier Ed told me that he was watching The Sixth Day, and I thought he meant the 6th day of Big Brother.

I still can't find anywhere to watch that isn't chaos.

D1988
06-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Earlier Ed told me that he was watching The Sixth Day, and I thought he meant the 6th day of Big Brother.

I still can't find anywhere to watch that isn't chaos.

Do not insult Ed.

linsee
06-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Do not insult Ed.

He totally watches it.

D1988
06-11-2009, 03:05 AM
He totally watches it.

Ed needs to get in here and defend himself.

But if this is true, I'm not mad, just disappointed.

straightXed
06-11-2009, 08:28 AM
He totally watches it.

I think you should watch it!

linsee
06-11-2009, 11:13 AM
I think you should watch it!

I think I should too, but I don't think I will get to.

xsecx
06-11-2009, 11:16 AM

do you have the shakes yet?

straightXed
06-12-2009, 09:25 AM

I didn't mean watch it, i meant watch it as in you should watch what you say!!

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
06-12-2009, 10:58 AM
In the Big Brother UK some dudes always did strange things under the blanket...

one girl also did somehting unmentionable with a bottle in the big brother garden, i think i actually screamed at the tv. I dont watch it anymore, the novelty has fully worn off and i dont like davina (seems im the only one) i once made one of my friends watch an episode and he said i owed him the piece of his soul that had withered and died in that hou haha

has anyone seen the zombie infestation big brother film they made for channel 4 last halloween?

straightXed
06-12-2009, 11:35 AM
one girl also did somehting unmentionable with a bottle in the big brother garden, i think i actually screamed at the tv.

That was pretty messed up.