PDA

View Full Version : sXe Propaganda!

Veskou
06-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Well... I live in a small town called Montana in northwest Bulgaria. Population is about 40 - 50, 000 and it seems I am the only edger in town. Soo... Can you guys give me ideas about making some Straight Edge propaganda - I need stuff that I can post in forums, site and etc. and also some kind of pictures that I can print and start sticking all around Montana (keep in mind that my printer is NOT in colour!).

SgtD
06-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Well... I live in a small town called Montana in northwest Bulgaria. Population is about 40 - 50, 000 and it seems I am the only edger in town. Soo... Can you guys give me ideas about making some Straight Edge propaganda - I need stuff that I can post in forums, site and etc. and also some kind of pictures that I can print and start sticking all around Montana (keep in mind that my printer is NOT in colour!).

i'd suggest you to make a diy fanzine with some great bands in it, some history of sxe and side effects, harms of drugs, tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, or some personal writings about it.
if somebody is interested in things like that, the smallest things can be mind openers, and this should do the trick. but hten again, try not to be too preachy.

hope that helped.

xmichaelxlilunx
06-04-2009, 03:18 AM

start from your friends first
tell them about the idea sxe
show them the music
get them involved (or maybe start a band)
once u hav enough sxe frds from a group or something
then it should be easier than doing this alone :D

you can do something like this:
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z309/michaelxlilun/sxe-1.jpg
its really simple just use photoshop then print it
hope it helps

SgtD
06-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Also: make sure you don't use any bloodstains, brass knuckles, razors as imaginary...

beave
06-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Also: make sure you don't use any bloodstains, brass knuckles, razors as imaginary...

Yeah true it would probably be a good idea not to promote any violence with straight edge. Its a positive movement about taking care of yourself, not violence and forcing your beliefs on others.

I think that what you want to do is a great idea just watch how you go about it, it shouldn't be forcing the idea onto people but making them aware of the dangers of drugs, that you can have fun without drugs and that there are people who listen to a heavier style of music but have a great set of morals (well most anyway).
Do you have many bands come to town? Even if the bands aren't straightedge maybe you could try to have bands come to play but let the event be drug free and during this you could hang up flyers promoting sxe. My town has a local youth organisation and actually thinking about this has made me think that maybe I could do a similar thing and join and promote clean living. Plus that means that maybe I could have a say into getting some cool bands to come to town and that I actually have something to do on weekends lol.

Just keep working on it eh?
XXX