PDA

View Full Version : summer movies

xionseeker88x
06-02-2009, 07:15 PM
So what movie are u guys the most amped to see? For me it has to be transformers revenge of the fallen (mainly bc I saw termanitor salvation and that was the main movie I wanted to see) but what about u guys?

chadfitzy
06-02-2009, 08:05 PM
angels and demons, although i guess its mediocre

linsee
06-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I want to see Transformers 2. I really have seen many previews or commercials lately, so I don't even know what's coming out.

linsee
06-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Oh oh oh, and Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs!

Lifestyle_X
06-03-2009, 04:21 AM
Transformers 2 definately.
maybe Public Enemies en Inglorious Bastards.

xionseeker88x
06-03-2009, 07:25 AM
It seems that this summer won't be as big as summers of the past as far as movies go but I deff want to see transformers 2 and drag me to hell as well

CarlaRant
06-03-2009, 08:57 AM
I like to watch the Totally Rad Show and the hosts were talking about how 1984 was the best year for movies. It was the year that Beverly Hills Cop, Gremlins, Ghostbusters, The Karate Kid, Police Academy, Footloose, Amadeus, Revenge of the Nerds, The Gods Must Be Crazy, Pinnochio, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Sixteen Candles, The Muppets Take Manhattan, and many more great movies came out. If only I was born a few year earlier, I could have enjoyed those movies in the theater.

I suppose this post should have gone under the 80's Movies thread--sorry.

Summer movies.....I've already seen Star Trek, X-Men, Terminator, Angels & Demons.... I guess all I have left is Public Enemies and Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I'm still on the fence about Land of the Lost

xmichaelxlilunx
06-03-2009, 09:16 AM
angels and demons, although i guess its mediocre

i watched it
its pretty good
theres a huge twist in the end of the story
i love how it overthrows all ur predictions about the story

Anderson
06-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Public Enemies and Transformers 2 for me.

linsee
06-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Summer movies.....I've already seen Star Trek, X-Men, Terminator, Angels & Demons.... I guess all I have left is Public Enemies and Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. I'm still on the fence about Land of the Lost

I'm on the fence about Land of the Lost too. I might wait for dvd on that one.

I have no desire to see any of the Harry Potter movies.

Anderson
06-03-2009, 11:02 PM
I just saw the trailer for the Red Cliff the new John Woo movie. That's gone straight to the top of my must see movies list.

SgtD
06-04-2009, 11:02 AM
can't wait to see Brüno. Also, i want to check out T4 and transformers 2 (i didn't even know about it coming out)

easy
06-06-2009, 02:48 AM
when the hell is the where the wild things are movie gonna be out? i cant fucking wait! and having kids makes it that much more exciting to share it with them!!

elmtree
06-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Where the Wild Things Are release dates. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386117/releaseinfo)

Anderson
06-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Well Red Cliff was great. I'd recommend it highly. Next up for me either Blood: The Last Vampire or Public Enemies.

linsee
06-27-2009, 09:39 PM
can't wait to see Brüno. Also, i want to check out T4 and transformers 2 (i didn't even know about it coming out)

I fucking hate Sacha Baron Cohen. "Bruno" has been on some chat shows here and I really just want to punch him in the face. He's on my list of "if they stopped performing I would be happier" list.

D1988
06-28-2009, 07:34 AM
I fucking hate Sacha Baron Cohen. "Bruno" has been on some chat shows here and I really just want to punch him in the face. He's on my list of "if they stopped performing I would be happier" list.

Bruno is going to be so hilarious.

You like Big Brother which means you are in no position to make such statements woman!

straightXed
06-28-2009, 08:20 AM

You like Big Brother which means you are in no position to make such statements woman!

She has a valid point though, the guy is a tool male!

Lifestyle_X
06-28-2009, 09:06 AM

I agree, I don't like his acting or humor.

SgtD
06-28-2009, 03:06 PM
you're all crazy. Borat was hilarious, and Bruno is going to be awesome. i laughed so hard at the trailer my tears came out.

straightXed
06-28-2009, 04:24 PM
you're all crazy. Borat was hilarious, and Bruno is going to be awesome. i laughed so hard at the trailer my tears came out.

Its really dumb.

D1988
06-28-2009, 04:37 PM

I'm agreeing with the Hun right here. He speaks the truth!

xGriffox
06-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Public Enemies. I love Dillinger and can't wait to see Johnny Depp play him. Ah, how I love the romance of crime!

linsee
06-28-2009, 08:42 PM

Welllllll now that I know you find stuff like Bruno funny I feel the same about your opinion. So there. In your face.

D1988
06-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Welllllll now that I know you find stuff like Bruno funny I feel the same about your opinion. So there. In your face.

Stop being so mean to me :(

xsecx
06-28-2009, 08:52 PM

girl fight!

D1988
06-28-2009, 09:13 PM
girl fight!

I'm all man and I challenge you to a duel!

linsee
06-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Ohhhh sorry, I forget how badass I am sometimes.

straightXed
06-29-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm agreeing with the Hun right here. He speaks the truth!

I'll be passing on seeing that, its a bit too outrageous* for me!!

*reused unintelligent jokes

Lifestyle_X
06-29-2009, 05:25 PM
girl fight!

don't forget the foam

mouseman004
06-29-2009, 11:01 PM

I agree, I hate Ali G, I despise Borat and Bruno looks really stupid. Its not even original anymore, he does the same nonsense in every movie or skit, he just dresses as a different character to do it.

Adam Edge hwc
07-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Terminator 4 hands down!!

nataliefayeg
07-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Land Of The Lost was pretty good. Somewhat funny. Kinda cute. Good for a date(Which is how I saw it. Ha.) Angels and Demons was great! Not as good as Da Vinci Code though of course! Public Enemy was pretty interesting. I liked it. My family thought it was too long and boring though. I really wanna see My Sisters Keeper, Away We Go, 500 Days of Summer, Time Travelers Wife, and a few more. This is the first time in forever that I've actually wanted to see movies while they're in the theater!

CarlaRant
07-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Word. 500 Days of Summer looks good. Hubby was pouting that we haven't seen Harry Potter yet, but I would rather see Transformers or Public Enemy first. I'll probably end up seeing Away We Go with my fellow teacher, Candance at a "budget movie day" ($5 movie before noon Monday-Friday). I also want to see Funny People. Has anyone seen Food, Inc? I know it may be a bit redundant information for me now, but just curious if it brings up any points I've missed from reading "An Omnivore's Dilemma" and "Fast Food Nation"

nataliefayeg
07-22-2009, 12:25 AM
I forgot to say that I wanna see Harry Potter. I need a nice boy to take me to the movies since I'm too broke to take myself. Hahaha.

JustEmily
07-22-2009, 09:07 AM
I agree, I hate Ali G, I despise Borat and Bruno looks really stupid. Its not even original anymore, he does the same nonsense in every movie or skit, he just dresses as a different character to do it.

awww MAN i feels like i've just been punched in the ovaries!

i think he's brilliant! its less about his performance as whatever character he's being, and more about the reactions of the people around him. an obese man shoving his nuts in the face of a scrawny man while fighting over a semen-filled pam-an picture will never not be funny to me. i hope bruno is just as vile.

Lifestyle_X
07-22-2009, 12:30 PM
still waiting for Inglorious Bastards which comes out the 19th of August, and really wanna see Public Enemies but the local theater isn't playing the movie.. have to go to Ghent or Brussels *sigh*

mouseman004
07-22-2009, 04:17 PM
awww MAN i feels like i've just been punched in the ovaries!

i think he's brilliant! its less about his performance as whatever character he's being, and more about the reactions of the people around him. an obese man shoving his nuts in the face of a scrawny man while fighting over a semen-filled pam-an picture will never not be funny to me. i hope bruno is just as vile.

Haha, well I am sorry to have offended you! I just generally don't like that kind of comedy. Although I think it might be funny to see Bruno trying to stir up a sex scandal with Ron Paul.

mouseman004
07-22-2009, 04:18 PM
still waiting for Inglorious Bastards which comes out the 19th of August, and really wanna see Public Enemies but the local theater isn't playing the movie.. have to go to Ghent or Brussels *sigh*

I am really excited for inglorious bastards! And if Ghent or Brussels are a long trip for you, I would just wait for public enemies to come out on DVD. It was okay, but it wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped it would be.

Lifestyle_X
07-23-2009, 01:45 PM
I am really excited for inglorious bastards! And if Ghent or Brussels are a long trip for you, I would just wait for public enemies to come out on DVD. It was okay, but it wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped it would be.

hmmm it's just the thing, i really wanna watch movies on a big big cinema screen !
and i actually started a movie collection of classics and really good movies (bought The Shawshank Redemption for 2€, that's like 1.5$ ? o:) so maybe i'll just do that :)