PDA

View Full Version : Straight edge Ireland! or is it just me.... ;P

Sociocidal
05-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Ok title says it all... Any one here with any info on Irish Edge bands or gigs or anything??

easy
05-20-2009, 10:47 AM
i have irish blood.. does that count?

XwisebloodX
05-20-2009, 05:22 PM
hey man, there are a load of straight edgers in Ireland. I am from galway and there are a good crew of us up here. i know of lots in dublin too and belfast. as for straigh edge bands there are a lot of bands with straight edge members but no full on straight edge bands as such.there are plenty of hardcore shows on all over the country especially galway and dublin. Have Heart are playin dublin in july, you should check it out. if you wanna get in touch i would be more than happy to give you some more info. cheers

Sociocidal
05-20-2009, 11:28 PM
That would be pretty damn savage XwisebloodX, know any thing happening cork or limerick? it seems to be all metal in cork!

and as for easy, I guess but I meant in Ireland:) where do you get your Irish blood from mate?

easy
05-21-2009, 01:05 AM
That would be pretty damn savage XwisebloodX, know any thing happening cork or limerick? it seems to be all metal in cork!

and as for easy, I guess but I meant in Ireland:) where do you get your Irish blood from mate?

i have no clue what area of ireland or that stuff by my great grandparents migrated to the US from ireland in the early 1900s... last name hennessey. and on my fathers side i think 2 of my great grandparents were from ireland also...

Sociocidal
05-21-2009, 06:22 AM
hennessey? thats cork mainly though its also common in Limerick, Tipperary and Clare if that sparks any interest:) where you now? considering Irish roots ill go with New York Boston or Baltimore.... I guess right or make an ass of my self? :)

CarlaRant
05-21-2009, 12:17 PM
My grandfather was from Cork and he used to tease me about not drinking all the time. He said I was denying my heritage. ;)

chadfitzy
05-21-2009, 06:18 PM
i hve irish in my blood too! woohoo! aha, i know im from somewhere in southern ireland, im related to bob fitzsimmons the bocer if ya happen ta know where hes from, or sunny jim

easy
05-22-2009, 09:59 AM
hennessey? thats cork mainly though its also common in Limerick, Tipperary and Clare if that sparks any interest:) where you now? considering Irish roots ill go with New York Boston or Baltimore.... I guess right or make an ass of my self? :)

i grew up in DC but now i live in the philippines!

Sociocidal
05-24-2009, 09:22 AM
My grandfather was from Cork and he used to tease me about not drinking all the time. He said I was denying my heritage. ;)

Yeah my mates do the same:) Only thing is we dont just drink, we fight :)!
[QUOTE=easy] i grew up in DC but now i live in the philippines! [QUOTE] so i was just a little off ;P

spitz
05-20-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm in Waterford, totally new to being alcohol-free..been meaning to do it for so long. Know anything up my way?