PDA

View Full Version : icehockey

Lifestyle_X
05-01-2009, 06:21 AM
are there any icehockey games in d.c./philly/new york city between 1 and 15 september ? maybe college games ?

D1988
05-01-2009, 06:49 AM
are there any icehockey games in d.c./philly/new york city between 1 and 15 september ? maybe college games ?

There might be pre-season NHL games in all of those cities around about that time, but I doubt schedules for those will be anywhere near confirmed yet. Season starts in October so mid to late September is usually when the pre-season games are.

Lifestyle_X
05-01-2009, 06:50 AM
i really want to see a game... i hope there are any in that period, amateur is also good :p

xWiglex
05-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Any one of you watched the World championchips?
It's still on going!

visit: http://www.iihf.com

Fore more info.

My nations team ( Latvia ) has a perfect cup!
We only lost to the U.S.
But we won over Sweden, Austria, Switzerland, France.
Tomorrow the Russians will play us.

I guess this year we will see year 3 of Russia VS Canada..
.. Again.. They are too strong to handle.

D1988
05-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Beating Sweden is an amazing accomplishment!

I don't think you will have a chance against Russia and it will be RUS v CA final I think.

xWiglex
05-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Well, we already know that we made it to the 1/4 finals
( Unless Switzerland beats both USA and Sweden ).

We've beaten Russia before. And that started "The Latvian Apology".
The apology is made in the form of bringing flowers to the loser nations embassy.
Most people think it's cruel to mock other nations, some just say it's dumb.
But we are Latvians and hockey is the thing that keeps us alive.
By The Way: we beat France yesterday 7 - 1.
But i can't go lay any flowers.. I'm very sick..

mouseman004
05-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Any one of you watched the World championchips?
It's still on going!

visit: http://www.iihf.com

Fore more info.

My nations team ( Latvia ) has a perfect cup!
We only lost to the U.S.
But we won over Sweden, Austria, Switzerland, France.
Tomorrow the Russians will play us.

I guess this year we will see year 3 of Russia VS Canada..
.. Again.. They are too strong to handle.

My boys on the Canadian team are going to take it home for the 5th straight year! (or 6th, its one of the two..)

D1988
05-04-2009, 02:50 AM
My boys on the Canadian team are going to take it home for the 5th straight year! (or 6th, its one of the two..)

We'll see....

Crasshole702
05-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Did anyone catch the US National Play-offs? Anaheim Ducks won over Detroit Red Wings 4-3 in a triple over time.

DUCKS FTW! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyu97Zr40Jo)

xWiglex
05-06-2009, 12:54 PM

Reality check..
You only won in 2007.. 2008 Russia, 2006 - Sweden..

D1988
05-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Did anyone catch the US National Play-offs? Anaheim Ducks won over Detroit Red Wings 4-3 in a triple over time.

DUCKS FTW! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyu97Zr40Jo)

Ducks are up 2-1 in the series after last night.

I hope the Caps sweep the Pens.

mouseman004
05-10-2009, 07:25 PM

We lost to Russia, which is heartbreaking

And apparently I was wrong about the 5th/6th straight year. Apparently we lost last year to Russia as well. Maybe I should try to NOT pull statistics out of my ass.

D1988
05-10-2009, 08:15 PM
We lost to Russia, which is heartbreaking

And apparently I was wrong about the 5th/6th straight year. Apparently we lost last year to Russia as well. Maybe I should try to NOT pull statistics out of my ass.

Dude, you are just like every other Canadian who cannot accept that Europeans are better at your national sport haha. Only kidding man, but really, some people cannot comprehend this fact.

I read a few hockey threads here and there on forums and can't help but laugh at North Americans blatantly disregarding hockey at international level because it is ruled by Russians. And also the blatant ignoring of Russian players being the most entertaining players in the NHL today is quite amusing as well.

mouseman004
05-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Dude, you are just like every other Canadian who cannot accept that Europeans are better at your national sport haha. Only kidding man, but really, some people cannot comprehend this fact.

I read a few hockey threads here and there on forums and can't help but laugh at North Americans blatantly disregarding hockey at international level because it is ruled by Russians. And also the blatant ignoring of Russian players being the most entertaining players in the NHL today is quite amusing as well.

Woah woah woah. Lets not get crazy here, Europeans are not better than us at hockey. At least not one specific country. Maybe collectively they are, but if you look at hockey at the junior level and up, Canada still generally dominates hockey, and the NHL is still the best hockey in the world. Washed up NHL players like Ray Emery and Jaromir Jagr leave the NHL to play in the KHL.

D1988
05-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Woah woah woah. Lets not get crazy here, Europeans are not better than us at hockey. At least not one specific country. Maybe collectively they are, but if you look at hockey at the junior level and up, Canada still generally dominates hockey, and the NHL is still the best hockey in the world. Washed up NHL players like Ray Emery and Jaromir Jagr leave the NHL to play in the KHL.

By Europeans I meant Russians. And the Russians have been on top of Canada at both junior under 19 level and senior level for the past few years now.

It's OK dude, let it go, everything will be allright.

And by washed up, you mean players looking for a much bigger pay packet yeah?

Emery had to leave the NHL because the dude is a fucking idiot.

xWiglex
05-12-2009, 01:04 PM
A few Latvian players left from NHL to KHL (many of them play in Riga Dinamo).
Becouse the KHL season ends in FEB 15-20 if ,y memory serves me right...

This means that you can actually play for your country at the WCH!..
Amazing..
Really.. .. No effing hockey league is greater then the Worlds..
Teams come and go, you can get drafted to any team.. A friend will become a foe and vise-versa.

But at the Worlds.. you fight for your country..

Latvia - 7 th place.. (again.. *sigh*)

mouseman004
05-12-2009, 04:21 PM
By Europeans I meant Russians. And the Russians have been on top of Canada at both junior under 19 level and senior level for the past few years now.

It's OK dude, let it go, everything will be allright.

And by washed up, you mean players looking for a much bigger pay packet yeah?

Emery had to leave the NHL because the dude is a fucking idiot.

Canada dominates the world juniors. They have won 5 or 6 straight championships, nobody can touch them. (and that statistic is actually right, I am not making this one up this time!). If the KHL was better than the NHL, guys like Malkin, Semin and Ovechkin would be playing there. In fact Malkin left the Russian hockey leagues for the NHL.

xsecx
05-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Canada dominates the world juniors. They have won 5 or 6 straight championships, nobody can touch them. (and that statistic is actually right, I am not making this one up this time!). If the KHL was better than the NHL, guys like Malkin, Semin and Ovechkin would be playing there. In fact Malkin left the Russian hockey leagues for the NHL.

better is relative. nhl pays more.

mouseman004
05-12-2009, 04:34 PM
better is relative. nhl pays more.

Not necessarily, I am pretty sure Jagr left the NHL for a ridiculous contract in the KHL (i am not 100% sure about that, i will look into it).

I would argue that the NHL is still where you find most (not all) of the best hockey players in the world. However, that might change as the KHL grows.

xsecx
05-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Not necessarily, I am pretty sure Jagr left the NHL for a ridiculous contract in the KHL (i am not 100% sure about that, i will look into it).

I would argue that the NHL is still where you find most (not all) of the best hockey players in the world. However, that might change as the KHL grows.

economy of scale though, average pay won't be anywhere near the same.

D1988
05-12-2009, 05:18 PM

NHL is the top league, no way would I argue otherwise.

mouseman004
05-12-2009, 07:28 PM
NHL is the top league, no way would I argue otherwise.

Oh, it sounded like you were arguing against that. Carry on then!

mouseman004
05-12-2009, 07:30 PM
economy of scale though, average pay won't be anywhere near the same.

That is true, but whether it is a result of paychecks or not, most of the best players in the world generally play in the NHL which makes the calibre of hockey in the NHL better than any of the European leagues.

linsee
05-12-2009, 08:09 PM
I like to watch hockey. I don't follow a particular team, but I like to watch it when it's on TV.

xsecx
05-13-2009, 03:33 AM
That is true, but whether it is a result of paychecks or not, most of the best players in the world generally play in the NHL which makes the calibre of hockey in the NHL better than any of the European leagues.

unless the 2 are playing each other, don't really know how you can compare the leagues. If there was something like the champions league for hockey then you could.

Lifestyle_X
05-13-2009, 04:14 AM
is it true, in america, that hockey players may fight on the ice ?

D1988
05-13-2009, 06:17 AM
is it true, in america, that hockey players may fight on the ice ?

It's true for hockey anywhere. Players can fight. The level of punishment issued for fighting just differs in the different countries/leagues.

D1988
05-13-2009, 06:19 AM
unless the 2 are playing each other, don't really know how you can compare the leagues. If there was something like the champions league for hockey then you could.

I believe there has been talk for a few years of the Stanley Cup winners playing the KHL winners at the beginning of the hockey season.

It seems more and more likely now that the NHL opens the season with games over here in Europe, so I think we will eventually see some sort of game and perhaps competition between the best of both teams from each league. I personally think it would be awesome.