PDA

View Full Version : Nicotine Replacement

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
04-27-2009, 01:26 PM
I have just been speaking to my cousin about people quitting smoking to start living the sXe lifestyle and wondered what people thought about using the gum etc to help get over the addiction. I personally think it would be better to claim once the nicotine replacment wasnt being used anymore. What you guys think :D

straightXed
04-27-2009, 01:53 PM
I have just been speaking to my cousin about people quitting smoking to start living the sXe lifestyle and wondered what people thought about using the gum etc to help get over the addiction. I personally think it would be better to claim once the nicotine replacment wasnt being used anymore. What you guys think :D

I think the best investment he/she could make would be in giving up smoking. When i first heard about straightedge i spent a long time with it just being something i knew about through the cool music i was into. For a long time i was most definitely not straightedge, i was not happy with the things i was doing though, i grew to change my actions and become who i wanted to be but it was never to fit straightedge. I later did become straightedge and noticed a lot of people forcing themselves into the straightedge framework and not always with great results. My personal opinion is that if you are able to give up smoking without straightedge being part of the reason then it seems to be more about giving up smoking than fitting something new. But thats my view, i just think giving up smoking is awesome no matter what.

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
04-27-2009, 03:43 PM
I think the best investment he/she could make would be in giving up smoking. When i first heard about straightedge i spent a long time with it just being something i knew about through the cool music i was into. For a long time i was most definitely not straightedge, i was not happy with the things i was doing though, i grew to change my actions and become who i wanted to be but it was never to fit straightedge. I later did become straightedge and noticed a lot of people forcing themselves into the straightedge framework and not always with great results. My personal opinion is that if you are able to give up smoking without straightedge being part of the reason then it seems to be more about giving up smoking than fitting something new. But thats my view, i just think giving up smoking is awesome no matter what.

yeah i know what u mean, they had been talking about giving up before the whole idea of sXe came into it. Its hard work though i know that from my own personal experience and i found that the nicotine replacments helped alot but that was before i was straight edge

straightXed
04-27-2009, 05:21 PM
yeah i know what u mean, they had been talking about giving up before the whole idea of sXe came into it. Its hard work though i know that from my own personal experience and i found that the nicotine replacments helped alot but that was before i was straight edge

If they help him/her then great! Giving up is the goal...i wouldn't let anything stand in the way of that, especially not the idea of something being edge or not. I personally champion hypnotherapy as a good way to cease, thats just me though.

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
If they help him/her then great! Giving up is the goal...i wouldn't let anything stand in the way of that, especially not the idea of something being edge or not. I personally champion hypnotherapy as a good way to cease, thats just me though.

I never actually thought about hypnotherapy, wonder if they offer that on the NHS lol

straightXed
04-28-2009, 07:39 AM
I never actually thought about hypnotherapy, wonder if they offer that on the NHS lol

not sure if they do or not but it might be worth the cost in relation to the price of good health and the price of cigerettes!

Wicked Brown
04-28-2009, 11:11 AM

My opinion is just quit. I smoked for 3 years and i quit as soon as i discovered sXe. it wasn't hard for me, but that's just me.

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
04-28-2009, 02:20 PM
not sure if they do or not but it might be worth the cost in relation to the price of good health and the price of cigerettes!

HAHA yeah id rather spend a bit of cash than rot my insides out with smoking.

I spose some people can go completly cold turkey when stopping smoking and others cant, I think it depends on your wilpower and strength over the addiction.

CarlaRant
04-28-2009, 11:53 PM

My mother used hypnotherapy to quit smoking. She hasn't smoked since 1987.