PDA

View Full Version : Good Clean Fun

SgtD
12-18-2003, 02:59 AM
I just got their CD and i really like it.
I laughed my pants off first listening to it. Do you like them?

xsecx
12-18-2003, 07:25 AM
joke that went way too far and on for way too long.

Chance301
12-31-2003, 06:50 PM
its fun seeing them live. singalongs and dog piles are my fav part of hardcore

xDOUGxDIGGLERx
01-01-2004, 09:38 AM
i got their 'best of' album a few weeks ago, i just went in to record shop and said

'have you got any edge bands?'

and they pointed that one to me and i just got it as it looked cool

and yes they are sweet, i love the way they don't take it all too seriously

like a lot of people

straightXed
01-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by xDOUGxDIGGLERx
i got their 'best of' album a few weeks ago, i just went in to record shop and said

'have you got any edge bands?'

and they pointed that one to me and i just got it as it looked cool

and yes they are sweet, i love the way they don't take it all too seriously

like a lot of people

if you dig up a load of old school hardcore and then listen to that cd you might find it more enjoyable, then again maybe not?

xsecx
03-07-2006, 10:24 AM
so yeah. the girl that was in apparently had a less than great experience and has said some shit about how sketchy issa is.

xbatmanx
03-07-2006, 10:33 AM
joke that went way too far and on for way too long.
Agreed. I saw them last summer (I think they opened for 108, maybe I'm thinking of another show) but I didn't even know they were playing, I was surprised they were still around. They should've quit. But the hardline song/Blacksheep parody is still classic.

SgtD
03-07-2006, 10:35 AM
so yeah. the girl that was in apparently had a less than great experience and has said some shit about how sketchy issa is.
tell us!

by the way, i'm glad you dig this thread up, i listened to the new cd, and everything about it fucking sucks.

xvunderx
03-07-2006, 10:36 AM
http://community.livejournal.com/girlsinhardcore/1230638.html

SgtD
03-07-2006, 10:37 AM
http://community.livejournal.com/girlsinhardcore/1230638.html
i can't read it,because i'm not registered.

XThe EdgeX
03-07-2006, 06:57 PM
yeah i do like there hardline song..its good...i also like the song Col-Edge. Its a good song..yep!

xGriffox
03-07-2006, 08:48 PM
had a good show when i saw em, and issa seemed like a cool guy although i only talk to him for about a minute...

xRodboi!x
03-10-2006, 12:59 PM
i like the "start today" parody they made:"on the streets...".one of my favorite is"straight outta hardcore"

straightXed
03-10-2006, 01:18 PM
i like the "start today" parody they made:"on the streets...".one of my favorite is"straight outta hardcore"

And they just like your money.

xRodboi!x
03-10-2006, 03:02 PM
And they just like your money.
what?

SgtD
03-10-2006, 03:08 PM
what?
issa is all about the money.

they broke up, put out a discography record(i don't have problems with that)
then issa decided he "reunites " the band. he is the only original band member, he got some people to fill the band. start touring and make a new record, and head for the money.

straightXed
03-10-2006, 03:33 PM
issa is all about the money.

they broke up, put out a discography record(i don't have problems with that)
then issa decided he "reunites " the band. he is the only original band member, he got some people to fill the band. start touring and make a new record, and head for the money.

Discographys are fine until its part of forfilling your own prophecy. And when the prophecy of the discography is follwed by them sitting back and counting their money kinda shows what they really are in it for.

xRodboi!x
03-11-2006, 05:25 AM
i didn't talk about issa,i don't even know them.I was talking about good clean fun.

SgtD
03-11-2006, 05:58 AM
i didn't talk about issa,i don't even know them.I was talking about good clean fun.
the singer for good clean fun is called Issa.

xRodboi!x
03-13-2006, 12:28 PM
the singer for good clean fun is called Issa.
ok,i didn't know.thx
they couldn't like my money coz the gcf songs i got are mp3s a friend gave me

MIL048329
03-15-2006, 06:19 AM
I think GCF are fucking awsome, yeah they have been around for a long time, but i dont think that thats a bad thing, if bands like them didnt hang around for the party where would hardcore be? down the drain pipe and forgotten probely i think its bands like gcf that keep the spirit of hardcore alive, and bands like them that have fought soo hard and long for what we have now, they need a little more respect than this.

I wont say anything about the whole issa thing because i dont really know much about it, all i will say is that to survive nowadays people do need some sort of finicial income or they are screwed, even if issa did come back, hasnt he already spread the message enough in their early years to make up for the lack of morality now.but i still dont think issa is the sort of person to do it just for money, any body that has beliefs such as sXe, animal rights and equality just instantly want to make other people understand the world from their point of view.

I seriously think that if issa reformed GCF, EVEN if he did want some more money i guarantee that he is stiill all for spreading the word of hardcore and sXe.

Lol i dont think this is gunna leave the best first impression.Sorry if i have pissed anybody off.

straightXed
03-15-2006, 09:09 AM
I think GCF are fucking awsome, yeah they have been around for a long time, but i dont think that thats a bad thing, if bands like them didnt hang around for the party where would hardcore be? down the drain pipe and forgotten probely i think its bands like gcf that keep the spirit of hardcore alive, and bands like them that have fought soo hard and long for what we have now, they need a little more respect than this.

They have been around a long but don't forget the only reason they started was a joke. Also bands that have made the most impact on hardcore haven't stayed past their best, to say you need bands to stick around longer is really silly, when a band has done what it set out to achieve its best to call it a day to stop it going stale. Thats what keeps the spirit of hardcore alive and vibrant not bands that are a joke that went stale long ago. The spirit ofd hardcore isn't about turning into rock dinosuars its about bands coming, doing their thing in order for other bands to continue coming up and so on. What have good clean fun fought hard for exactly? They have parodied hardcore and milked that for every last penny they could.

I wont say anything about the whole issa thing because i dont really know much about it, all i will say is that to survive nowadays people do need some sort of finicial income or they are screwed, even if issa did come back, hasnt he already spread the message enough in their early years to make up for the lack of morality now.but i still dont think issa is the sort of person to do it just for money, any body that has beliefs such as sXe, animal rights and equality just instantly want to make other people understand the world from their point of view.

Ummm, what do you mean if issa came back? He hasn't left, and the lack of morality was throughout the years. Everyone else in the band left, why do you thing that was? And now the recent members of the band are speaking out on the actions and intentions of issa. The hardcore spirit makes it so not about milking kids for their money which is why a lot of hardcore bands balance full time work with being in a band. Why on earth do they do that? Because they actually care and give a fuck about the kids in the scene and the scene itself and for that same reason they won't perpetuate their time as a band within the scene, time will tell how much of an impact they had on the scene and for GCF the impact continually looks less favourable. GCF as they go on just continue to make a joke of hardcore so why exactly are they deserved of respect for that?

I seriously think that if issa reformed GCF, EVEN if he did want some more money i guarantee that he is stiill all for spreading the word of hardcore and sXe.

They never actually split it was just a ruse to sell more records, and as for spreading the word as you put it, he certainly likes to spread the word of myspace a lot too.

Lol i dont think this is gunna leave the best first impression.Sorry if i have pissed anybody off.

I'm not pissed off, but i would like you to seriously consider looking at just what GCF are about based on their actions.