PDA

View Full Version : is it wrong

chowdownxamberx
04-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Is it wrong to use your edge as putting yourself above others?

I'm narcissistic either way, but I do sometimes tell myself that me being straight edge makes me better than other people who are not.

Is that bad or wrong?

D1988
04-03-2009, 03:26 AM

I'm narcissistic either way, but I do sometimes tell myself that me being straight edge makes me better than other people who are not.

Is that bad or wrong?

I would say it is wrong. After all, it is a personal choice that you make. If others choose not to do something the same as you do, how does that make you a better person than them?

I guess this to me just seems the same as a veggie thinking they are better than a meat eater, and a vegan thinking they are better than a veggie. I can't see why a personal choice makes you better than any other person.

I personally cannot stand people who think they are better than anyone. That type of attitude disgusts me as I see everyone as being equal, but into different things, doing different things, making different decisions etc. So I might look at a drug addict and I'll personally think they made some wrong decisions in life, but I will not think that I am any better of a person. That's just dumb.

You shouldn't think you are better, or high and mighty compared to other people. That attitude stinks.

xsecx
04-03-2009, 08:11 AM
I would say it is wrong. After all, it is a personal choice that you make. If others choose not to do something the same as you do, how does that make you a better person than them?

I guess this to me just seems the same as a veggie thinking they are better than a meat eater, and a vegan thinking they are better than a veggie. I can't see why a personal choice makes you better than any other person.

because they believe that their lifestyle is directly leading to making the world a better place and thus makes them a better person than someone who does not.

straightXed
04-03-2009, 09:14 AM

Is that bad or wrong?

i don't really tell myself that i am better than those who aren't edge but i am often given plenty of evidence that it does make me better. And its not like they couldn't make the same choice but they haven't and i have, i have chosen to live better than them...they can too. I've chosen to do something pretty much anyone can do so i guess i see it as a better choice than me inherently being better. But of course you could argugue that i am better because i made that choice and acted upon it.

angelchickjb
04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
People I know think that i think im better than them becuz i say im sxe...i sooo dont think like that though...people i guess get tired of me saying it all the time...fuck em though!!!
HAhahahaha

Just-a-fool
04-04-2009, 10:59 AM
If i would put myself over other people then it wouldn't be because i'm sxe.
In that case it would either be because i'm mentally stronger or just way more funny :D
If you wanna exceed people then do it in things your good at,
you cant be better then someone else at EVERYTHING you do.

easy
04-07-2009, 04:28 AM
i like to think the life i lead makes me a better person than the people who live their lives a certain way... otherwise why would i live the way i do? just because? i want to be as good a person as i can be and i can see that people don't give a shit about anything... how are they equal to me? fuck them! but i don't think i'm better than everyone... i have a friend who is completely selfless in every single way and there's no way i think that i am better than him... he grows his hair out and then cuts it to give to kids undergoing cancer treatment, he goes and helps people in impoverished countries farm without trying to turn them capitalistic... i don't think i'm better than him but some asshole that all he cares about is working to get money to get fucked up on friday night and hopefully fuck some girl that he will never see again or ever give a shit about... if the way i live isn't better than that and the example i give isn't more positive to my kids and the kids i come in contact with, why am i alive?

Mein Kife
04-07-2009, 03:00 PM

Is that bad or wrong?

Well.. sry for sooooo late post.. but IMO it's wrong to tell ppl that u r better than they are..
because IMO it will be discrimination of their lifestyle and Straight edge is against discrimination. Sooo.... Just be sXe cuz it's ur choice and dun tell ppl that they are better or worse because it's quite silly comparing ppl depending on their lifestyle IMO. People are kinda different and concept of being good or bad is relative..

P.S. Sry for my poor english...

x JAMES x
04-13-2009, 07:26 PM
I'd like to think that my choices are more positive than Non-Edger's choices; and in that proves that I have better decision making skills. But in no way am I a better person than they are. :/

XAdrenalineX
05-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Ultimately, no. It doesn't make you worth more as a human being. I know there are people way smarter and more accomplished than me who are not straight edge.

But I understand and sympathize with people who develop that mentality. I went to a nightclub last week and there were drunk people actually vomiting on the stairs. I couldn't help feeling that I was superior to those people.

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
05-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Ultimately, no. It doesn't make you worth more as a human being. I know there are people way smarter and more accomplished than me who are not straight edge.

But I understand and sympathize with people who develop that mentality. I went to a nightclub last week and there were drunk people actually vomiting on the stairs. I couldn't help feeling that I was superior to those people.

that is barbaric, i would feel better than that because i know i am better than that so i can undertand you feeling that way.

a few weeks back we went to a show, and a girl i know carried on partying with some of the roadies after the gig and club night had finished. The next day she woke up in a doorway, she had drank so much that she had passed out and wet herself so had to walk home covered in sick and urine with a hangover. I can honestly say, i am better than that. Its not that i feel superior just cause im sXe, its because i wouldnt put myself in that situation. Anything could have happened to her! I asked her if she wasnt worried and she just laughed about it. I can honestly say i was extremly shocked.

xWiglex
05-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Edge makes your brain tick faster. You think clearer.
You have more natural reserves left..

That's a greedy reason to become EDGE. But if you already are, these are some advantages.