PDA

View Full Version : Guns guns guns

x JAMES x
03-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Any firearm collectors here?

HardCore HardHead
03-25-2009, 08:45 PM
errr... i have a .22 and a 16 gage sawed off shot gun... but i don't collect realy. My dad fucked up the 16 gage by shooting 20 gage shells... ass whole.

kuro
03-26-2009, 12:22 AM
hmmm. not a fan of guns...

straightXed
03-26-2009, 09:39 AM
No guns here, really wouldn't want shit like that in my house.

mouseman004
03-26-2009, 10:31 AM
errr... i have a .22 and a 16 gage sawed off shot gun... but i don't collect realy. My dad fucked up the 16 gage by shooting 20 gage shells... ass whole.

aren't sawed offs illegal?

Lifestyle_X
03-26-2009, 12:28 PM
i have a rubber band (stretcher ?) gun, can shoot 10 of those things immediatly :p

straightXed
03-26-2009, 12:50 PM
i have a rubber band (stretcher ?) gun, can shoot 10 of those things immediatly :p

It has been known that on quiet days at work i have spent nearly the entire day shooting elastic bands at my boss.

Just-a-fool
03-26-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm not a big fan of guns... wouldn't even know where to buy one if i really wanted too.

kuro
03-26-2009, 05:26 PM
the only guns I advocate are the ones on my arms, the ones the ladies like to call biceps.

sorry bad joke...

Segadoway
03-26-2009, 07:36 PM
the only guns I advocate are the ones on my arms, the ones the ladies like to call biceps.

sorry bad joke...

It has been known that on quiet days at work i have spent nearly the entire day shooting elastic bands at my boss.

oh you two make me laugh.+
seriously though guns are made for killing and killing is wrong.

linsee
03-26-2009, 09:36 PM
I would like to learn how to shoot a gun, but I don't think I could have one in my house. I would end up shooting at the boogeyman in my closet or something.

xsecx
03-26-2009, 09:42 PM
I would like to learn how to shoot a gun, but I don't think I could have one in my house. I would end up shooting at the boogeyman in my closet or something.

you can have one and just not keep bullets.

I have 2 and no ammo in the house.

linsee
03-26-2009, 09:57 PM

That's not a bad idea.

SgtD
03-27-2009, 02:38 AM

iddqdidk!

D1988
03-27-2009, 03:47 AM

You can just smack any intruders in the head with them like a real gangsta.

xsecx
03-27-2009, 08:18 AM
You can just smack any intruders in the head with them like a real gangsta.

I have a maglight for that.

D1988
03-27-2009, 08:40 AM
I have a maglight for that.

Dusty is tool'd up yo.

SgtD
03-27-2009, 09:08 AM
so nobody got my joke? I thought you were gamers! ha.

D1988
03-27-2009, 09:27 AM

I see people posting those type of things all the time and still to this day have no idea what any of them mean.

Things like omg, lol, wtf etc etc annoy the living shit out of me for some reason.

What is "iddqdidk"?

rodrigo
03-27-2009, 09:38 AM

i thought i got it, but you lost me with the idk at the end

Dummy
03-27-2009, 01:37 PM
S&W .500 magnum
Desert eagle baby eagle 9mm
Derringer texas defender
Berretta .22

The first and last are my carries.

I've also got 2 WWII era rifles. One being brititsh and one being german.

SgtD
03-27-2009, 03:58 PM
i thought i got it, but you lost me with the idk at the end

I see people posting those type of things all the time and still to this day have no idea what any of them mean.

Things like omg, lol, wtf etc etc annoy the living shit out of me for some reason.

What is "iddqdidk"?

those are cheats for the best shooter game ever.

HardCore HardHead
03-27-2009, 04:39 PM
I did not chose to have guns. One xmas i got a long package with a .22 in it. And the shot gun has been in the family for like 90 years or something insane. My dad wants me to hunt, i refuse. I just own them, i don't realy do anything with em other the cetch dust.

rodrigo
03-27-2009, 07:42 PM

i remember iddqd
but the weapons one was idkfa

D1988
03-27-2009, 09:12 PM

Come on then, what is the best shooter game ever?

HardCore HardHead
03-27-2009, 09:27 PM
in my opinion.... counter strike source is.

kuro
03-28-2009, 01:40 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/DuckHuntBox.jpg

xCrucialDudex
03-28-2009, 02:20 AM

Why have guns around without ammo?

xCrucialDudex
03-28-2009, 02:21 AM
in my opinion.... counter strike source is.

It's Unreal Tournament actually.

SgtD
03-28-2009, 02:31 AM
i remember iddqd
but the weapons one was idkfa

yeah, the one i wrote was god mode and give all.

siquekitty
03-28-2009, 03:09 AM
I have a compundbow , does that count-lol

xsecx
03-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Why have guns around without ammo?

because I don't intend to use them in my house. so if I do intend to use them, I will go and get ammo.

D1988
03-28-2009, 08:44 AM
All of you are wrong regarding the best shooter game.

mouseman004
03-28-2009, 09:34 AM
yeah, the one i wrote was god mode and give all.

Doom?

SgtD
03-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Doom?

of course doom!

mouseman004
03-28-2009, 06:08 PM
of course doom!

Haha, as soon as you said god mode I knew what you were talking about! Doom was great, although I would argue that one of the best shooter games is Goldeneye for nintendo 64.

D1988
03-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Haha, as soon as you said god mode I knew what you were talking about! Doom was great, although I would argue that one of the best shooter games is Goldeneye for nintendo 64.

The Canadian brings forward a good case.

SgtD
03-29-2009, 06:06 AM

never played nintendo 64, and have no idea about that game you mentioned.

Just-a-fool
03-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Hmmm yeah i liked Goldeneye too.
Even tho i played Mario Kart all the time, when i was frustrated i'd play Goldeneye

xsecx
03-30-2009, 03:56 PM
I shot skeet for the first time yesterday and it was a lot of fun. I'm also probably going to shoot some more tonight.

x JAMES x
03-30-2009, 06:29 PM
S&W .500 magnum
Desert eagle baby eagle 9mm
Derringer texas defender
Berretta .22

The first and last are my carries.

I've also got 2 WWII era rifles. One being brititsh and one being german.

That's an ACE collection man.

x JAMES x
03-30-2009, 06:30 PM
I have a compundbow , does that count-lol

Since your a female, that counts. :D

x JAMES x
03-30-2009, 06:31 PM
I shot skeet for the first time yesterday and it was a lot of fun. I'm also probably going to shoot some more tonight.

I LOVE skeet shooting man. It's so fun. We have a manual launch up north.

straightXed
03-31-2009, 07:53 AM

Does being being female make any difference? You do realise how sexist your comment was right?

HardCore HardHead
03-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah, kind of through me for a loop when i read it too. If i had a bow would it not count for me? darn.

Dummy
03-31-2009, 06:20 PM
That's an ACE collection man.

Thanks!

linsee
03-31-2009, 07:52 PM

Since you're an ignorant young boy, should this comment not count as a sexist one?

x JAMES x
04-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Since you're an ignorant young boy, should this comment not count as a sexist one?

No it's sexist. Cuz' I'm a little bit sexist. But whateves.

linsee
04-01-2009, 07:20 PM

Wow.

rodrigo
04-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Wow.

does it really surprise you?

xsecx
04-02-2009, 08:56 AM

so we should all just write you off as a sexist douche?

straightXed
04-02-2009, 08:58 AM
does it really surprise you?

Its strange but i am always a little supprised at peoples complete ignorance, especially when they openly accept it like "yeah i'm a bit sexist, thats ok" i mean how do people get so stupid to think that its ok.

rodrigo
04-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Its strange but i am always a little supprised at peoples complete ignorance, especially when they openly accept it like "yeah i'm a bit sexist, thats ok" i mean how do people get so stupid to think that its ok.

yeah, but as i see it, the guy has showed signs of being an idiot in every other post he has made, so i kinda saw it comming

straightXed
04-02-2009, 03:28 PM
yeah, but as i see it, the guy has showed signs of being an idiot in every other post he has made, so i kinda saw it comming

Oh yeah, i am with you on that but i mean as more of an overall observation. Like, i saw it comming but i still find it a little supprising when people have hold ignorant stances with some conviction...it makes me say "wow" too, as in wow thats ridiculous.

rodrigo
04-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Oh yeah, i am with you on that but i mean as more of an overall observation. Like, i saw it comming but i still find it a little supprising when people have hold ignorant stances with some conviction...it makes me say "wow" too, as in wow thats ridiculous.

oh, yeah. that's true

x JAMES x
04-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Cut me a break, i'm still learning bro's and gals.

I'm 16 years old. And yeah, I run my mouth too much. It's not like I don't have respect for everybody on this forum.

I apologize for my sexist comment. To be honest, I owned up to it because I knew you guys would tear me to shreds the very moment I denied it.

IM SORRY!

;(

straightXed
04-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Cut me a break, i'm still learning bro's and gals.

I'm 16 years old. And yeah, I run my mouth too much. It's not like I don't have respect for everybody on this forum.

I apologize for my sexist comment. To be honest, I owned up to it because I knew you guys would tear me to shreds the very moment I denied it.

IM SORRY!

;(

I would hope your reason for being sorry for the sexist comment is not because you didn't want to be torn to shreads as you put it, but because you genuinely think that your comment was unfair and demeaning to women as a gender and just a bit ignorant of offputting?

Mistakes can be valuable lessons learned if you make them work that way, it would be really nice to know that your opinion on sexist comments is something you have examined and looked at in yourself.

xKILLERx
04-16-2009, 10:32 PM
yes i have 5 shotguns and a .22
i like them
i think guns get a bad rep

xsecx
04-17-2009, 09:16 AM
i like them

says the kid who gave himself the name killer.

xKILLERx
04-17-2009, 09:39 AM
its a name given to me by friends and family as more of a joke

xsecx
04-17-2009, 09:44 AM
its a name given to me by friends and family as more of a joke

so I guess the image you're trying to portray with your avatar and signature are jokes too?

xKILLERx
04-17-2009, 10:20 AM
the point is i never have and never will kill anyone however i do like gun when there used in a safe way.
as for the signature guns have been in my family since befor i was born

xsecx
04-17-2009, 10:38 AM
the point is i never have and never will kill anyone however i do like gun when there used in a safe way.
as for the signature guns have been in my family since befor i was born

so I guess the point you're trying to portray is that you have guns, have your faced covered, have a name killer, but you're not trying to show an image of someone tough and willing to shoot people?

xKILLERx
04-17-2009, 10:45 AM
whatever you think whatever you want to think about me.
just keep in mind you dont know me

xsecx
04-17-2009, 10:47 AM
whatever you think whatever you want to think about me.
just keep in mind you dont know me

you're right, all I have to based the opinion on is what you're putting out there. And what you're putting out there right now is exactly what I said. If that's not how you want people to view you and treat you, then you may want to make changes.

xKILLERx
04-17-2009, 11:00 AM
i got a new bandana so i took a pic.
i like guns.
i have a nic name.
not of that means im gonna shoot some one

SgtD
04-17-2009, 02:10 PM
i got a new bandana so i took a pic.
i like guns.
i have a nic name.
not of that means im gonna shoot some one

come on man, Dusty has a point...

xKILLERx
04-17-2009, 02:21 PM
i kno i kno
he has a point and i was just trying to make mine.
but hey its cool :D

Just-a-fool
04-19-2009, 11:33 PM
i like them

Whats the use in having 5 shotguns? Weapons have one use, to kill or hurt something.
But you cant fire 5 shotguns and a handgun all at the same time.

Segadoway
04-20-2009, 04:22 AM
I like archery as a sport and appreciate their design and they are weapons used for killing, maybe that is why he has 5 shotguns?

straightXed
04-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Whats the use in having 5 shotguns? Weapons have one use, to kill or hurt something.
But you cant fire 5 shotguns and a handgun all at the same time.

I have a lot of records, cd's etc. I can't listen to them all at the same time.

Just-a-fool
04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Ugh ok i'm stuck at that... still makes no sense to ME, to have 5 shotguns together.
But maybe i'm just very weird.

xsecx
04-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Ugh ok i'm stuck at that... still makes no sense to ME, to have 5 shotguns together.

each shotgun is probably different. if they're 5 shotguns of the same kind, then yes it wouldn't make sense.

xKILLERx
04-20-2009, 11:41 PM

there all different and i go shooting with friends and family so im not useing all 5

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
05-02-2009, 12:02 PM
hen i was in america for a month my friends took me shooting, i was so scared lol. Im not sure if these are the right names for the guns lol but here goes
I shot-
22 rifle
22 handgun (i loved this one)
44 handgun (it was a cop gun, hurt my hands a bit lol)
automatic shot gun (i was mega scared of this one)

Dummy
05-02-2009, 01:54 PM
I'd kill someone if they left me no choice. There is a reason I carry and it's not to just flash it and hope that's enough to make the threat run off. And keeping up with subject at hand I just got this a few days ago!
http://www.taurusjudge.net/

and here is a video blog a good friend of mine made after i took him shooting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikmXI0h4lNc&feature=channel_page

straightXed
05-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I'd kill someone if they left me no choice. There is a reason I carry and it's not to just flash it and hope that's enough to make the threat run off. And keeping up with subject at hand I just got this a few days ago!
http://www.taurusjudge.net/

and here is a video blog a good friend of mine made after i took him shooting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikmXI0h4lNc&feature=channel_page

Can you describe a scenario where you have no choice and would kill someone?

Just-a-fool
05-03-2009, 08:35 AM
In a community thats not fucked up there is no use for carying a gun around.
In fact i'd say that you probably get a more agresive reaction when you pull a gun,
sure enough you can come with stories of people who's life have been saved by having a gun. But the people who actually got killed by pulling a gun obviously wont tell their story.

Anyway, i live in a country where there is no need to carry a gun and i'm thankfull for that.

Dummy
05-05-2009, 04:44 PM
I agree. If the community was perfect there would be no need to carry. At this time I just said I'd take someone's life if I had to. Not neccasairly with a gun. An intruder in my house putting my family in danger to someone opening fire in a restraunt or mall. It has happened and very well could happen again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_massacre

xsecx
05-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I agree. If the community was perfect there would be no need to carry. At this time I just said I'd take someone's life if I had to. Not neccasairly with a gun. An intruder in my house putting my family in danger to someone opening fire in a restraunt or mall. It has happened and very well could happen again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_massacre

luby's are good.

but for every example for this, there are as many or if not more where guns where the cause of an accidental death. Not to mention the studies that link the a higher availabilty of guns to a higher rate of suicide.

straightXed
05-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Can you describe a scenario where you have no choice and would kill someone?

i guess not?

Dummy
05-05-2009, 06:16 PM
i guess not?

sooooooo the mention of Rubys/ house invasion/ mall shootings don't count as scenerios? Or did you want it to start with "it was a dark and stormy night"?

And Dusty. Does that study say attempted suicides or successful ones? I heard there was a study that said more females than males attempt suicide but more males succeed. I think if someone truely wants their life to end they will do it whether it be via gun shot, slit wrist, jump off a building, pill popping or stereo in the bath tub. Some methods take longer than others and give more time to be discovered or change of mind. Guns are kinda instant. Unless you shoot your self in the stomach, throw it in the river, and slowly die so it looks like murder so your family can collect life insurance like on CSI. Accidental death is always sad. No agrument to that.

x JAMES x
05-05-2009, 07:05 PM
I would hope your reason for being sorry for the sexist comment is not because you didn't want to be torn to shreads as you put it, but because you genuinely think that your comment was unfair and demeaning to women as a gender and just a bit ignorant of offputting?

Mistakes can be valuable lessons learned if you make them work that way, it would be really nice to know that your opinion on sexist comments is something you have examined and looked at in yourself.

i mean , yeah. i feel like an asshole now. IRL i respect the FUCK out of women. Idk what made me think I could do otherwise behind a keyboard. I'm still learning.

xsecx
05-05-2009, 09:16 PM
And Dusty. Does that study say attempted suicides or successful ones? I heard there was a study that said more females than males attempt suicide but more males succeed. I think if someone truely wants their life to end they will do it whether it be via gun shot, slit wrist, jump off a building, pill popping or stereo in the bath tub. Some methods take longer than others and give more time to be discovered or change of mind. Guns are kinda instant. Unless you shoot your self in the stomach, throw it in the river, and slowly die so it looks like murder so your family can collect life insurance like on CSI. Accidental death is always sad. No agrument to that.

It includes both. There are definitely unforseen consequences to gun ownership and the likelihood of something bad happening are infinitely higher than the chances of you stopping a shoot out or a home invasion.

Dummy
05-05-2009, 10:22 PM
It includes both. There are definitely unforseen consequences to gun ownership and the likelihood of something bad happening are infinitely higher than the chances of you stopping a shoot out or a home invasion.

Home invasion I'm using samurai sword. I've tried the mock getting out of bed in the dark, un locking my locker, opening the case, put the magazine in the gun and silently cocking it. That with adreniline, no way is that a silent operation.

easy
05-05-2009, 11:28 PM

guns scare the shit out of me... to think that something someone can hold in their hand can end everything that i know within a split second freaks me the fuck out! i personally will never understand why people keep them but to each his own right? i've also been at a party and seen someone that i was talking to's life end right in front of my eyes due to a gun... that might have been part of it.

straightXed
05-06-2009, 08:32 AM
sooooooo the mention of Rubys/ house invasion/ mall shootings don't count as scenerios? Or did you want it to start with "it was a dark and stormy night"?

Yes please. If you could get on to that.

straightXed
05-06-2009, 08:35 AM
guns scare the shit out of me... to think that something someone can hold in their hand can end everything that i know within a split second freaks me the fuck out! i personally will never understand why people keep them but to each his own right? i've also been at a party and seen someone that i was talking to's life end right in front of my eyes due to a gun... that might have been part of it.

They are fucked up things, nearly as fucked up as the minds of some of the people that carry them. Its scary and sick what people will do.

xsecx
05-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Home invasion I'm using samurai sword. I've tried the mock getting out of bed in the dark, un locking my locker, opening the case, put the magazine in the gun and silently cocking it. That with adreniline, no way is that a silent operation.

I legitimately worry about you.

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
05-06-2009, 12:18 PM

fuck man! i cant imagine how scary that must have been >_<
thats one reason why im frightened of them, the fact that someone could use one and kill someone so easily as just pulling the trigger. You cant take it back once that split second has happened. Id rather not have them in my home or be around people who carry them because its not worth the risk. Going shooting is scary enough for me

linsee
05-17-2009, 10:15 PM
There was a hostage situation tonight at one of the stores that the company I work for runs. A dude went in there with a shot gun and took his ex and the store manager hostage.

It scares me that people like that can so easily legally get a gun.

easy
05-17-2009, 11:27 PM
There was a hostage situation tonight at one of the stores that the company I work for runs. A dude went in there with a shot gun and took his ex and the store manager hostage.

It scares me that people like that can so easily legally get a gun.

its more than scary.. its irresponsible... there needs to be a long ass process for getting things like a shotgun even... like a way to determine if you are psychologically stable and stuff... really to me it should be hard as fuck to get a gun! im biased though i hate them.

Lifestyle_X
05-18-2009, 02:20 AM
and why is it legal to have a gun ? hunting as a sport ? well you don't hunt with uzi's man...

Wicked Brown
05-18-2009, 11:09 AM
and why is it legal to have a gun ? hunting as a sport ? well you don't hunt with uzi's man...

gun control is stupid
all it's gonna do is make people pissed and kill more

straightXed
05-18-2009, 06:28 PM
gun control is stupid

How astute, how exactly to you arrive at that?

mouseman004
05-18-2009, 07:24 PM
gun control is stupid

So anybody should be able to have a gun without anybody else knowing about it?

x JAMES x
05-20-2009, 10:00 AM
I love Michigans Open Carry laws. You can legally walk around with a legally purchased gun visible, and not get in trouble. You don't even have to have a license.

Thank god for the 2nd Amendment!

easy
05-20-2009, 10:53 AM
I love Michigans Open Carry laws. You can legally walk around with a legally purchased gun visible, and not get in trouble. You don't even have to have a license.

so i can just walk around the mall with two legally purchased guns in my hand? michigan sounds scary!

straightXed
05-20-2009, 12:32 PM
so i can just walk around the mall with two legally purchased guns in my hand? michigan sounds scary!

Scary and really messed up.

mouseman004
05-20-2009, 07:01 PM

That is stupid. And I am fairly certain every gun owned has to be licensed, at least i thought/hoped that was the case

linsee
05-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Scary and really messed up.

Detroit, Michigan has had the highest gun crime rate the past few years.

straightXed
05-20-2009, 10:48 PM

does it also have the lowest IQ rate?

Sociocidal
05-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Would love a silenced .22 rifle, but i now live in a city in Ireland making it near enough to impossible to license what with us having some of the strictest gun control on the planet. Not that I'm complaining, gun death is next to unheard of here.

straightXed
05-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Would love a silenced .22 rifle, but i now live in a city in Ireland making it near enough to impossible to license what with us having some of the strictest gun control on the planet. Not that I'm complaining, gun death is next to unheard of here.

What would you do with it?

Wicked Brown
05-21-2009, 11:50 AM
gun control is stupid

I didn't mean it to sound like this sorry.

xsecx
05-22-2009, 04:51 PM

mall no, but in virginia it's similar. but you do have to have a license.

x JAMES x
05-25-2009, 04:23 PM

I'm pretty sure St. Louis , Missouri has the highest? Could be though. Detroit murder city.
xD

xsecx
05-25-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm pretty sure St. Louis , Missouri has the highest? Could be though. Detroit murder city.
xD

it's not really something to be proud of dude.

x JAMES x
05-25-2009, 04:26 PM
it's not really something to be proud of dude.

i know, i take it for what it is though. i've learned to accept it.

JoeyX
06-24-2009, 02:55 AM
380 Pistol (on me at all times)
30-6 Bolt Action Rifle
Three 16g. shotguns
30-30 Bolt Action Rifle
.22 Rifle
12g. shotgun
+ a couple more.

lo0m
06-24-2009, 04:09 AM
joeyx: hmm, what for? what's the purpose of having (that many) guns?

JoeyX
06-24-2009, 08:24 AM
joeyx: hmm, what for? what's the purpose of having (that many) guns?

Well I keep the pistol on me at all times because I live in Philadelphia, and I have a concealed weapons permit. So I can legally have it on me, and I only have it for protection. The reason I have all the other guns is simply because my family hunts, I however do not hunt anymore really. So I basically still have all my guns as a collection. A lot of my guns were passed down to me, like my rifles were my dads, the pistol was my dads, and the shotguns were my dads. and living in a family full of hunters, getting a gun passed down is like an honor haha, so getting rid of them would be disrespectful and dishonorable to my family. So I keep them.....

....AKA, I'm preparing for BIG BROTHER to take over the world, so I can fight back! hahaha joking of course.

lo0m
06-25-2009, 04:40 AM
thx, that sounds reasonable (expect the hunting - vegan power hahaha) ... i was thinking about getting a pistol.. just to keep it home, cause you'll never know when you have to protect your family.. but i hate weapons generally..

xsecx
06-25-2009, 08:36 AM
thx, that sounds reasonable (expect the hunting - vegan power hahaha) ... i was thinking about getting a pistol.. just to keep it home, cause you'll never know when you have to protect your family.. but i hate weapons generally..

yeah but then your chances of dying by gunshot go up exponentially.

mouseman004
06-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Well I keep the pistol on me at all times because I live in Philadelphia, and I have a concealed weapons permit. So I can legally have it on me, and I only have it for protection. The reason I have all the other guns is simply because my family hunts, I however do not hunt anymore really. So I basically still have all my guns as a collection. A lot of my guns were passed down to me, like my rifles were my dads, the pistol was my dads, and the shotguns were my dads. and living in a family full of hunters, getting a gun passed down is like an honor haha, so getting rid of them would be disrespectful and dishonorable to my family. So I keep them.....

....AKA, I'm preparing for BIG BROTHER to take over the world, so I can fight back! hahaha joking of course.

I didn't know it was possible for somebody to have a concealed weapons permit. I was under the impression it was always illegal to carry a concealed weapon.

xsecx
06-25-2009, 04:05 PM
I didn't know it was possible for somebody to have a concealed weapons permit. I was under the impression it was always illegal to carry a concealed weapon.

depends on the state.

lo0m
06-26-2009, 12:36 AM
yeah but then your chances of dying by gunshot go up exponentially.

hey, don't worry, i'm to lazy to get a gun.. it's not that easy here (both legally and illegally i guess)... maybe i'll buy signal rocket gun.. :-)

JoeyX
06-26-2009, 03:15 AM

Yeah in Pennsylvania I can carry a Pistol out in the open, like on a side-carrier, shown everywhere I go in the public WITHOUT a permit of any kind, as long as you are the age of 21+. Now to carry it "concealed"--without public recognition (in pocket, in backpack, under-jacket holster,etc.), I keep mine in my backpack at all times, but like I was saying to keep it "concealed/hidden" you have to apply for a permit...which I did, and have.

I know people hate guns, but I don't get it out and wave it around, I don't show people, most people I hang out with, don't even know I have it with me at anytime, nor do they know I have a gun at all haha. I have it simply for protections purposes.

I'am a man to fight somebody like a real man, fist fight....but in Philadelphia, and places I'am alot, people tend to not care to fight fairly, etc.

XCarsonSCX
07-24-2009, 12:19 PM
its more than scary.. its irresponsible... there needs to be a long ass process for getting things like a shotgun even... like a way to determine if you are psychologically stable and stuff... really to me it should be hard as fuck to get a gun! im biased though i hate them.

you have to wait, at least in the communist republic of California, like eight days to get a gun, so if you randomly decide to get a gun and go on a massacre, then you're going to have to wait a while. plus the government is way too lazy to do that and it would make gun ownership expensive and ridiculously annoying. unless that's what you want...

don't get a gun for self defense unless you are fully comfortable with having to use it if the need should arise in your opinion. I said in your opinion because it's your choice, if you get the gun, when you decide to use it or if you keep concealed(if your in public) or if your in your house and there's a lot of what- if's. I went to front sight in nevada and took the defensive handgun course and it was a real eye opener about gun responsibility.

and for all the people who want gun control, here's a good quote " the more guns are outlawed, the more outlaws will have guns".

theres a couple ways to interpret that, but basically if you impose gun control, you take guns away from LAW ABIDING citizens. I mean seriously it's not that hard to get a gun in a street that's illegal.

there's a bunch of other arguments I have, but i forgot them writing all the other stuff.

O yeah and I have
.300 winchester magnum(for medium to big game)
.357 magnum desert eagle
3 shotguns(they're all different)
three .22 rifles
9 mm smith & wesson
SKS(for pig hunting)
and my dad has a couple other guns

and for people who think hunting is mean; isn't it better that the animal got live a good life before it was killed, rather than being raised on a cramped farm or a factory farm. I've done research on it and I'd rather eat meat from a hunted animal rather than an industrial farmed animal.

JoeyX
07-29-2009, 07:07 PM
My 2 cents on the whole gun situation is this....

Yes it is pretty easy to get a gun/gun permit/etc., as long as you have a clean record, reasonable purpose, and the money. OR you can go the illegal route and get one off the streets.

However in my eyes that changes nothing.

Weather or not someone has a clean slate, a felon, etc., if they are wanting to get revenge, get mad, or whatever reason and kill somebody,.....if every gun in the world was gone, that person WOULD STILL find a way to kill whomever/whatever they are going for. Realize the fact that everyday you have prisons all over this world, where the prisoners are confined 23 hours a day to a cell, with minimum things to live off of, and THEY STILL FIND A WAY TO MAKE WEAPONS to harm/kill others.

I hate the fact that people come at guns just because of the fact that guns "can" be used as a bad thing.

I'm not saying what people do is right or wrong, its the fact that just because guns are "so easily accessible" doesn't mean that they are such bad things.

Lets elimate guns for a minute, what about swords, knives, brass knuckles, poisons(under your sink), ANYTHING AND ALMOST EVERYTHING can be used as a weapon. People get stabbed every single day, everywhere, the same as people get shot, the same as people get beaten with bats, the same with people poisoning their spouses, its all the same...so why do people have such a problem with guns? People collect guns, just like people collect swords and knives, there was report in my area, where some dude went home after being at the bar with his wife, and stabbed her and killed her with a sword he had.

What makes guns different than anything else? They(guns, knives, swords, etc) are all easily accessible, even most are easy to make out of pretty much anything. So why come at guns?

So yeah, hate guns because they kill people......then hate knives, brass knuckles, baseball bats, swords, etc.

If you hate guns, then you should hate baseball bats too, cause they both have a sport that go along with them, and they both have been used to kill people, please tell me the difference. And don't throw a "statistic" of how guns kill more than people with baseball bats, a statistic doesn't negate the fact that they are both STILL used to kill people when opted to.

xsecx
07-29-2009, 07:35 PM
My 2 cents on the whole gun situation is this....

Yes it is pretty easy to get a gun/gun permit/etc., as long as you have a clean record, reasonable purpose, and the money. OR you can go the illegal route and get one off the streets.

However in my eyes that changes nothing.

Weather or not someone has a clean slate, a felon, etc., if they are wanting to get revenge, get mad, or whatever reason and kill somebody,.....if every gun in the world was gone, that person WOULD STILL find a way to kill whomever/whatever they are going for. Realize the fact that everyday you have prisons all over this world, where the prisoners are confined 23 hours a day to a cell, with minimum things to live off of, and THEY STILL FIND A WAY TO MAKE WEAPONS to harm/kill others.

I hate the fact that people come at guns just because of the fact that guns "can" be used as a bad thing.

I'm not saying what people do is right or wrong, its the fact that just because guns are "so easily accessible" doesn't mean that they are such bad things.

Lets elimate guns for a minute, what about swords, knives, brass knuckles, poisons(under your sink), ANYTHING AND ALMOST EVERYTHING can be used as a weapon. People get stabbed every single day, everywhere, the same as people get shot, the same as people get beaten with bats, the same with people poisoning their spouses, its all the same...so why do people have such a problem with guns? People collect guns, just like people collect swords and knives, there was report in my area, where some dude went home after being at the bar with his wife, and stabbed her and killed her with a sword he had.

What makes guns different than anything else? They(guns, knives, swords, etc) are all easily accessible, even most are easy to make out of pretty much anything. So why come at guns?

So yeah, hate guns because they kill people......then hate knives, brass knuckles, baseball bats, swords, etc.

If you hate guns, then you should hate baseball bats too, cause they both have a sport that go along with them, and they both have been used to kill people, please tell me the difference. And don't throw a "statistic" of how guns kill more than people with baseball bats, a statistic doesn't negate the fact that they are both STILL used to kill people when opted to.

do you seriously think that the rates of murders and suicides wouldn't decrease significantly if guns disappeared? the mortality rates of attacks and suicide by guns are significantly higher than any other weapon, so that's the reason. Guns are infinitely more lethal than any knife or object.

JoeyX
07-29-2009, 09:11 PM
do you seriously think that the rates of murders and suicides wouldn't decrease significantly if guns disappeared? the mortality rates of attacks and suicide by guns are significantly higher than any other weapon, so that's the reason. Guns are infinitely more lethal than any knife or object.

I don't know, maybe. I'm not gonna say it wouldn't. But I believe the only reason suicides and murder is done by guns, is because lets think about it for a minute, if a person is to murder someone with a gun, they can do it from a distance, quickly, possibly quietly(silencer), with little evidence other than a bullet left in a victim, so thats why I think murderer's do it, its quick. Now someone who for whatever reason wants to commit suicide, more than likely is afraid of feeling physical pain, so they do something that can be done quickly with little to no pain. I'm not saying any of that is right in any way, but I'm saying thats what I presume on why they do these things with a gun and not something else. So yeah maybe it would go down, but who's to say they wouldn't find another thing that is quick and quiet and relatively painless, to do whatever sickening thing they are trying to do.

So yeah I think it could possibly go back down, but are you saying if guns are taken away, those numbers would never go back up when they find the next best way to painlessly, quickly kill others or themselves?

My point is, guns or not, people who are in the mind set to kill someone and/or themselves, aren't gonna be like "oh now that guns are outlawed, I'm not gonna go do it", I'm sorry I don't buy it. People in any mindset like that, will find a way.

So yeah it might bring it back down, but that doesn't mean it won't go back up if it even does bring it down. I think if guns were outlawed, murders and/or suicides would eventually go right back up, and the lowered statistics would only be temporary.

JoeyX
07-29-2009, 09:37 PM
I actually think guns should just be a lot harder to get legally. I think there needs to be training courses needed to be taken, I think a harder background check needs to be taken. Because like someone mentioned before in this post, that accidental deaths/injuries from gun are high up. To me that is because some idiot who has never been around a gun, decides to go get one, and CAN, and has no experience with one in anyway, whether that be family has guns, or hunts, or gun range shooting or anything at all.

Also, someone mentioned a situation needed to where I would have to kill someone. Maybe when I'm walking down the street at night coming home from work in a neighborhood that doesn't want me there for absolutely no reason, so they decide to surround, jump you, and possibly beat you to death, or shoot you, for absolutely no reason other than you are in there neighborhood. No, this has not happened to me, but it is something that happens a lot, in a lot of bad areas. Sorry if a scumbag is gonna beat/shoot me to death for no reason, I'm not gonna allow that, sorry. Also, just because I have a gun doesn't mean I would all of a sudden kill an attacker, a well shot like myself, and a well experienced person with a gun, I would more than likely shoot them in the leg or something if possible, to just get away from them.

JoeyX
07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Also, I'm sorry if this comes off as ignorant, but I have no pity nor will I ever have pity for someone that commits suicide. I just can't. I love my life, more than anything in this entire world, I was raised in a terrible neighborhood, around people that hated me simply because I was white, I was always the outcast in school, I was never raised in a rich family, my parents were divorced before I could walk, I'm overweight, I'm not the most attractive person, I don't have a nice car, never did, prolly never will, blahblahblah etc., all of that doesn't give me the right to off myself. This life was given to me, by whom? I don't know, we can discuss religion in another post because personally I do not believe in any god of any kind, however I cherish my life more than anything, because no matter how I got here, I'm here. I was given that, and I'm gonna make the best of it. I'm not saying my situation is the worst, obviously I know there are people are alot worse than I was and ever will be, but does that mean kill yourself? sorry, I just don't agree with it. I think suicide is cowardly.

xsecx
07-30-2009, 08:18 AM
I don't know, maybe. I'm not gonna say it wouldn't. But I believe the only reason suicides and murder is done by guns, is because lets think about it for a minute, if a person is to murder someone with a gun, they can do it from a distance, quickly, possibly quietly(silencer), with little evidence other than a bullet left in a victim, so thats why I think murderer's do it, its quick. Now someone who for whatever reason wants to commit suicide, more than likely is afraid of feeling physical pain, so they do something that can be done quickly with little to no pain. I'm not saying any of that is right in any way, but I'm saying thats what I presume on why they do these things with a gun and not something else. So yeah maybe it would go down, but who's to say they wouldn't find another thing that is quick and quiet and relatively painless, to do whatever sickening thing they are trying to do.

So yeah I think it could possibly go back down, but are you saying if guns are taken away, those numbers would never go back up when they find the next best way to painlessly, quickly kill others or themselves?

My point is, guns or not, people who are in the mind set to kill someone and/or themselves, aren't gonna be like "oh now that guns are outlawed, I'm not gonna go do it", I'm sorry I don't buy it. People in any mindset like that, will find a way.

So yeah it might bring it back down, but that doesn't mean it won't go back up if it even does bring it down. I think if guns were outlawed, murders and/or suicides would eventually go right back up, and the lowered statistics would only be temporary.

you're assuming that all murders are well thought out and planned. The vast majority are not. You're also trying to say that knives and other weapons are as lethal as a gun and they aren't. If someone is coming at you with a gun you're far less likely to 1) be able to defend yourself against it and 2) survive if they actually hit when compared to a knife, bat, etc. You're also discounting how easy it is to fire a gun versus stab someone, this also factors into it. Please go look the crime statics and research this I really think it would change your mind.

xsecx
07-30-2009, 08:22 AM
I actually think guns should just be a lot harder to get legally. I think there needs to be training courses needed to be taken, I think a harder background check needs to be taken. Because like someone mentioned before in this post, that accidental deaths/injuries from gun are high up. To me that is because some idiot who has never been around a gun, decides to go get one, and CAN, and has no experience with one in anyway, whether that be family has guns, or hunts, or gun range shooting or anything at all.

Also, someone mentioned a situation needed to where I would have to kill someone. Maybe when I'm walking down the street at night coming home from work in a neighborhood that doesn't want me there for absolutely no reason, so they decide to surround, jump you, and possibly beat you to death, or shoot you, for absolutely no reason other than you are in there neighborhood. No, this has not happened to me, but it is something that happens a lot, in a lot of bad areas. Sorry if a scumbag is gonna beat/shoot me to death for no reason, I'm not gonna allow that, sorry. Also, just because I have a gun doesn't mean I would all of a sudden kill an attacker, a well shot like myself, and a well experienced person with a gun, I would more than likely shoot them in the leg or something if possible, to just get away from them.

Being trained to fire a firearm at a range isn't the same as using it to defend yourself. It seems to me like you have this scenario played out like it's the old west and you would be cool calm and collected and be able to shoot the gun out of other guys hand. There's a bunch wrong with this mindset. One if you pull a gun on someone you need to be prepared to kill them, Two if you're going to shoot at someone, especially someone who could shoot back, you aim for center mass. The reality however, as studies reflect that people that carry weapons are more likely to hurt or killed by their own weapons than that of any attacker.

xsecx
07-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Also, I'm sorry if this comes off as ignorant, but I have no pity nor will I ever have pity for someone that commits suicide. I just can't. I love my life, more than anything in this entire world, I was raised in a terrible neighborhood, around people that hated me simply because I was white, I was always the outcast in school, I was never raised in a rich family, my parents were divorced before I could walk, I'm overweight, I'm not the most attractive person, I don't have a nice car, never did, prolly never will, blahblahblah etc., all of that doesn't give me the right to off myself. This life was given to me, by whom? I don't know, we can discuss religion in another post because personally I do not believe in any god of any kind, however I cherish my life more than anything, because no matter how I got here, I'm here. I was given that, and I'm gonna make the best of it. I'm not saying my situation is the worst, obviously I know there are people are alot worse than I was and ever will be, but does that mean kill yourself? sorry, I just don't agree with it. I think suicide is cowardly.

Do you have any experience with clinical depression? Do you know anyone who has committed suicide?

JoeyX
07-30-2009, 03:07 PM
you're assuming that all murders are well thought out and planned. The vast majority are not. You're also trying to say that knives and other weapons are as lethal as a gun and they aren't. If someone is coming at you with a gun you're far less likely to 1) be able to defend yourself against it and 2) survive if they actually hit when compared to a knife, bat, etc. You're also discounting how easy it is to fire a gun versus stab someone, this also factors into it. Please go look the crime statics and research this I really think it would change your mind.

That furthers my point. I'm not saying all murders are well thought out. I don't understand how you think a gun is more lethal than a knife or a sword, simply because its a hollow shell flying out of a gun, a knife can do as much if not more damage than a gun, if not followed by death that is. However, yeah its "easier" if thats what you mean by lethal to kill someone with a gun. I'm not saying that guns aren't on the top of the murder/kill list, but what I'm saying is, I believe that guns are at that point because they ARE easier to kill someone with, painless, simple, and quick, like I said before. So in terms what I'm saying is, if you got rid of every gun in the world, do you really think these ridiculous dumbass murderers wouldn't find the next best thing to use, and the crime rate of killing wouldn't go back up?

JoeyX
07-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Being trained to fire a firearm at a range isn't the same as using it to defend yourself. It seems to me like you have this scenario played out like it's the old west and you would be cool calm and collected and be able to shoot the gun out of other guys hand. There's a bunch wrong with this mindset. One if you pull a gun on someone you need to be prepared to kill them, Two if you're going to shoot at someone, especially someone who could shoot back, you aim for center mass. The reality however, as studies reflect that people that carry weapons are more likely to hurt or killed by their own weapons than that of any attacker.

I don't have that mindset lol. I realize that its not a straight shot, and trust me if I ever got the point of where I would pull a gun on someone, its prolly gotten past the point of where I'm going to make the decision of "oh do I need to kill this guy attacking me or not", if I pull my gun on them I'm past that point. I'm not saying accidents don't happen, but I believe weapons hurt their owners more than someone else for the simple reason as I stated, people are not trained in regular proper gun handling. If I handed over half the people who post on here a gun, whether they like guns or not...whatever, I guarantee if I said "load this gun", or "put the safety on/off", or "how many bullets does this gun hold", or if I shoot it could they even tell me "is this auto,semi,or what?", so I think if someone does want to own a gun they need to take classes and learn.

JoeyX
07-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Do you have any experience with clinical depression? Do you know anyone who has committed suicide?

My sister tried to commit suicide about 2 years ago. I was completely devastated. She was in the hospital locked up in an the ward for a little bit. Yeah it hurt, yeah it sucked, but instead of telling her "oh you're ok, let me help", I bitched her out and told her that her life is worth too much to be trying to do that kind of bullshit. I'm not saying it works for everyone, but I think yelling at my sister and being pissed off and showing her that it hurt me, and showing her that her life is worth more than she will ever know, helped her more than going "oh are you okay, do you need someone to talk to". Maybe thats just my family, but pity in my family gets you nowhere, you learn from your mistakes, and we show that we care, but were not gonna sit down and pity anyone. I love my sister to death, and I'm not gonna have pity for her trying something stupid, I'm gonna let her know she fucked up, and she better not do it again. Seems to work.

"You're better than the life you lead" ~ KINGDOM lyrics.

I live by those lyrics.

Even for anyone I hate most in this entire world, I don't think they should ever kill themself. Nobody should kill themself, even if they are the shittiest person I've ever met, their life is still worth more than just plain ending it.

There are 3 types of people in this world that deserve to die:

Murderers
Rapists
Spouse Abusers

xsecx
07-30-2009, 03:48 PM
That furthers my point. I'm not saying all murders are well thought out. I don't understand how you think a gun is more lethal than a knife or a sword, simply because its a hollow shell flying out of a gun, a knife can do as much if not more damage than a gun, if not followed by death that is. However, yeah its "easier" if thats what you mean by lethal to kill someone with a gun. I'm not saying that guns aren't on the top of the murder/kill list, but what I'm saying is, I believe that guns are at that point because they ARE easier to kill someone with, painless, simple, and quick, like I said before. So in terms what I'm saying is, if you got rid of every gun in the world, do you really think these ridiculous dumbass murderers wouldn't find the next best thing to use, and the crime rate of killing wouldn't go back up?

because it's a statistical fact. there are more deaths linked to gunfire than any other weapon. If you look at places where guns are heavily restricted, the murder rate is significantly lower. I really don't know what you're basing your belief on, but it's not any sort of study on the subject.

xsecx
07-30-2009, 03:55 PM
I don't have that mindset lol. I realize that its not a straight shot, and trust me if I ever got the point of where I would pull a gun on someone, its prolly gotten past the point of where I'm going to make the decision of "oh do I need to kill this guy attacking me or not", if I pull my gun on them I'm past that point. I'm not saying accidents don't happen, but I believe weapons hurt their owners more than someone else for the simple reason as I stated, people are not trained in regular proper gun handling. If I handed over half the people who post on here a gun, whether they like guns or not...whatever, I guarantee if I said "load this gun", or "put the safety on/off", or "how many bullets does this gun hold", or if I shoot it could they even tell me "is this auto,semi,or what?", so I think if someone does want to own a gun they need to take classes and learn.

you seriously need do some research on this topic. I'm not talking about accidents. I'm not talking about people being untrained. I'm talking about the statiscal fact that owning a gun increases your chances of you becoming a victim of gun crime.

http://www.guncite.com/cummingsjama.html

xsecx
07-30-2009, 04:00 PM
My sister tried to commit suicide about 2 years ago. I was completely devastated. She was in the hospital locked up in an the ward for a little bit. Yeah it hurt, yeah it sucked, but instead of telling her "oh you're ok, let me help", I bitched her out and told her that her life is worth too much to be trying to do that kind of bullshit. I'm not saying it works for everyone, but I think yelling at my sister and being pissed off and showing her that it hurt me, and showing her that her life is worth more than she will ever know, helped her more than going "oh are you okay, do you need someone to talk to". Maybe thats just my family, but pity in my family gets you nowhere, you learn from your mistakes, and we show that we care, but were not gonna sit down and pity anyone. I love my sister to death, and I'm not gonna have pity for her trying something stupid, I'm gonna let her know she fucked up, and she better not do it again. Seems to work.

"You're better than the life you lead" ~ KINGDOM lyrics.

I live by those lyrics.

Even for anyone I hate most in this entire world, I don't think they should ever kill themself. Nobody should kill themself, even if they are the shittiest person I've ever met, their life is still worth more than just plain ending it.

There are 3 types of people in this world that deserve to die:

Murderers
Rapists
Spouse Abusers

you have a really fucked up view of mental health. If you really think calling someone weak and cowardly shows them that you care, then I'd hate to see how you treat people you really love. By bitching her out all you did was make it about you and not actually making sure she addressed the problems that were going on in her life. Did she get treatment? And what happens if she tries it again? Jesus dude, do you know what kind of a person you sound like?

JoeyX
07-31-2009, 12:52 AM
you have a really fucked up view of mental health. If you really think calling someone weak and cowardly shows them that you care, then I'd hate to see how you treat people you really love. By bitching her out all you did was make it about you and not actually making sure she addressed the problems that were going on in her life. Did she get treatment? And what happens if she tries it again? Jesus dude, do you know what kind of a person you sound like?

I don't know, I was raised in a family where getting yelled at and yelling at someone, is what gets something in their head and through to them. I didn't look at my sister and go "your a coward and weak" however she knows how I feel. But I did yell at her telling that yes, THIS DOES INVOLVE ME, you are my sister, I love you more than anything in this world, what kind of problem could you have in your life that is that bad that you need to end it when you have a family that cares about you more than anything, etc.....

And it worked, my sister is a very happy person now, I'm not saying that "oh because I yelled at her is the reason she is ok now", but it sure didn't NOT work either, cause she is happier than ever, and admits that what she was was stupid, and not the way to handle life.

I love my family to death, but I think sitting down beside someone and going "oh honey, it will be ok, everything will work itself out, don't worry, just try and get over your situation....blahblahbalh", nobody wants to hear that, thats what people hear all their life when they get depressed, so in terms I get mad and show them how much I really care about them, and show that I'm not gonna let that happen, and not gonna stand for that, and whatever the problem is we need to work it out and fix it somehow. Showing real emotion and not just saying typical "oh you'll be ok" or something like that, is what I think people like my sister needed, someone to show true emotion to her.

xsecx
07-31-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't know, I was raised in a family where getting yelled at and yelling at someone, is what gets something in their head and through to them. I didn't look at my sister and go "your a coward and weak" however she knows how I feel. But I did yell at her telling that yes, THIS DOES INVOLVE ME, you are my sister, I love you more than anything in this world, what kind of problem could you have in your life that is that bad that you need to end it when you have a family that cares about you more than anything, etc.....

And it worked, my sister is a very happy person now, I'm not saying that "oh because I yelled at her is the reason she is ok now", but it sure didn't NOT work either, cause she is happier than ever, and admits that what she was was stupid, and not the way to handle life.

I love my family to death, but I think sitting down beside someone and going "oh honey, it will be ok, everything will work itself out, don't worry, just try and get over your situation....blahblahbalh", nobody wants to hear that, thats what people hear all their life when they get depressed, so in terms I get mad and show them how much I really care about them, and show that I'm not gonna let that happen, and not gonna stand for that, and whatever the problem is we need to work it out and fix it somehow. Showing real emotion and not just saying typical "oh you'll be ok" or something like that, is what I think people like my sister needed, someone to show true emotion to her.

then it sounds like your sister was looking for attention and not really suffering from anything. People with clinical depression don't just snap out of it because someone yells at them and suicide for the most part isn't about being coward or weak. It's usually down to people who are mentally ill and who have lost hope and treatment does not appear to working. I really suggest you read the following:

http://www.hopeline.com/6/AboutDepression.asp

It's from an organization that my family got involved with after my uncle committed suicide. My uncle was many things but he wasn't a coward and yelling at him wouldn't have stopped him.

JoeyX
07-31-2009, 08:41 PM
then it sounds like your sister was looking for attention and not really suffering from anything. People with clinical depression don't just snap out of it because someone yells at them and suicide for the most part isn't about being coward or weak. It's usually down to people who are mentally ill and who have lost hope and treatment does not appear to working. I really suggest you read the following:

http://www.hopeline.com/6/AboutDepression.asp

It's from an organization that my family got involved with after my uncle committed suicide. My uncle was many things but he wasn't a coward and yelling at him wouldn't have stopped him.

I highly doubt she was looking for attention. And its not like right after I yelled at her she snapped out of it. But what I'm saying is I think it helped her get over depression, because I showed her that she does have people that care, and that aren't going to just be like "oh its gonna be ok". I just think suicide is ridiculous in my eyes, I'm not trying to be mean, but I value life too much, and just don't agree with it.

xsecx
07-31-2009, 10:45 PM
I highly doubt she was looking for attention. And its not like right after I yelled at her she snapped out of it. But what I'm saying is I think it helped her get over depression, because I showed her that she does have people that care, and that aren't going to just be like "oh its gonna be ok". I just think suicide is ridiculous in my eyes, I'm not trying to be mean, but I value life too much, and just don't agree with it.

did you ever talk to her to see how she was feeling at the time or just yell at her about how it made you feel? Based on what you've said to this point you talked to her more about things outside of her and not at all why she was feeling the way she did or why she attempted suicide? Why is mental illness and suicide ridiculous? I also don't think you'll find anyone that "agrees with it".

JoeyX
08-01-2009, 02:07 AM
did you ever talk to her to see how she was feeling at the time or just yell at her about how it made you feel? Based on what you've said to this point you talked to her more about things outside of her and not at all why she was feeling the way she did or why she attempted suicide? Why is mental illness and suicide ridiculous? I also don't think you'll find anyone that "agrees with it".

I have sat down with her, just generally talking about what kind of mindset she was in, or why she ever felt the need to do something like that. She basically felt that she had lost everything in life, her job, her man, her dog(she is like obsessed with her dogs), she was losing her apartment, she felt like there was nothing she could've done to make her life better, and when she tried, things just didn't get better. I generally believe that people that are commiting or attempting suicide, don't want to talk about their problem, they want to talk about how to fix it. How to get out of it, complaining/talking about a problem doesn't change the problem.

When you say mental illness do you mean depression? Mental illness is something that you can't always help, which is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a person who is depressed, to the point where they think suicide is the only answer. Which to me is ridiculous, because there is always a better answer.

straightXed
08-01-2009, 04:33 AM
I have sat down with her, just generally talking about what kind of mindset she was in, or why she ever felt the need to do something like that. She basically felt that she had lost everything in life, her job, her man, her dog(she is like obsessed with her dogs), she was losing her apartment, she felt like there was nothing she could've done to make her life better, and when she tried, things just didn't get better. I generally believe that people that are commiting or attempting suicide, don't want to talk about their problem, they want to talk about how to fix it. How to get out of it, complaining/talking about a problem doesn't change the problem.

When you say mental illness do you mean depression? Mental illness is something that you can't always help, which is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a person who is depressed, to the point where they think suicide is the only answer. Which to me is ridiculous, because there is always a better answer.

So you ignore the fact that depression is an illness? A mental illness? Depression is not always something you can help, you really don't come off very good writing things like this, i really would love for you to see how erronous you are. I agree there is a better answer than suicide but thats because i am not suffering with depression, perhaps you need to see things from a depression sufferers point of view. Its really awful but really not ridiculous, its sad and bewildering that depression can make things so bad that suicide seems like a good option. It can get so bad that their love and bonds with family and friends still can't compete with how low and desperate they are for it to end.

As for your general belief on suicide means they don't want to talk about their problem, again, so wrong. Perhaps you get that impression because they can often become so tired of talking about it but talking about it is a large part of helping it.

JoeyX
08-02-2009, 03:41 AM
So you ignore the fact that depression is an illness? A mental illness? Depression is not always something you can help, you really don't come off very good writing things like this, i really would love for you to see how erronous you are. I agree there is a better answer than suicide but thats because i am not suffering with depression, perhaps you need to see things from a depression sufferers point of view. Its really awful but really not ridiculous, its sad and bewildering that depression can make things so bad that suicide seems like a good option. It can get so bad that their love and bonds with family and friends still can't compete with how low and desperate they are for it to end.

As for your general belief on suicide means they don't want to talk about their problem, again, so wrong. Perhaps you get that impression because they can often become so tired of talking about it but talking about it is a large part of helping it.

I'm just gonna end this debate here, obviously we have different views. So this is going nowhere.

straightXed
08-02-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm just gonna end this debate here, obviously we have different views. So this is going nowhere.

Yeah unfortunately yours differ with the actual definition of depression as a medical condition and you refuse to accept what it actually is. Your views are baseless and need changing to at least accept what the rest of the world accepts as depression. Why do you debate if you don't ever want to advance your knowledge and just want to hold on to massively incorrect knowledge that you can't back up? You call me childish and ignborant yet you display a horrendously ignorant attitude to a serious medical condition right here and you show clear childishness by essentially refusing to discuss the matter as it highlights your erronous views...you might as well stick your fingers in your ears and walk of screaming "iacn't hear you, i can't hear you".

xsecx
09-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Yeah unfortunately yours differ with the actual definition of depression as a medical condition and you refuse to accept what it actually is. Your views are baseless and need changing to at least accept what the rest of the world accepts as depression. Why do you debate if you don't ever want to advance your knowledge and just want to hold on to massively incorrect knowledge that you can't back up? You call me childish and ignborant yet you display a horrendously ignorant attitude to a serious medical condition right here and you show clear childishness by essentially refusing to discuss the matter as it highlights your erronous views...you might as well stick your fingers in your ears and walk of screaming "iacn't hear you, i can't hear you".

yup. ignored post. I find double standards kind of weird. sometimes people just don't have anything to say or want to respond to another person. I also think it's weird that someone would want to draw attention to the fact that people must not have found that post interesting enough to respond.

JoeyX
09-03-2009, 10:27 PM
yup. ignored post. I find double standards kind of weird. sometimes people just don't have anything to say or want to respond to another person. I also think it's weird that someone would want to draw attention to the fact that people must not have found that post interesting enough to respond.

No, I had no response to this post, I took in what he said, and thought about it. But a lot of my posts, they are incredibly ignored, either that or nobody is interested in what I have to say, haha. Either way, lets keep this in one post, ya know...the one where you blatantly acted "mature" in.

xsecx
09-04-2009, 07:39 AM
No, I had no response to this post, I took in what he said, and thought about it. But a lot of my posts, they are incredibly ignored, either that or nobody is interested in what I have to say, haha. Either way, lets keep this in one post, ya know...the one where you blatantly acted "mature" in.

So wait, there are legitimate reasons why you wouldn't respond to something? I just think it's funny that you're guilty of doing this and then complaining when other do it, because they don't have anything to say to you.

straightXed
09-04-2009, 07:53 AM

You have ignored me a lot more than i thought.

JoeyX
09-04-2009, 05:14 PM
You have ignored me a lot more than i thought.

I never intentionally tried to if I have, honestly. That was never my goal. If I seemed to "ignore" you, it might just be I only responded to things that I still disagreed with you on, and the things I DIDN'T respond to, was the things you persuaded me to see your side and believe you or even just understand your side.

straightXed
09-04-2009, 05:50 PM
I never intentionally tried to if I have, honestly. That was never my goal. If I seemed to "ignore" you, it might just be I only responded to things that I still disagreed with you on, and the things I DIDN'T respond to, was the things you persuaded me to see your side and believe you or even just understand your side.

Ok, well i really don't mind. But the point is any post you make that isn't responded to is just as likely to be for a reason like that or for any number of other reasons aside from the idea that people are intentionally ignoring you.