PDA

View Full Version : i wish my country was this cool

rodrigo
02-19-2009, 07:41 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/02/19/argentina.bishop/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Lifestyle_X
02-20-2009, 07:07 AM
i'd smack him

D1988
02-20-2009, 07:40 AM
What if he doesn't leave Argentina? Will they crucify him?

This is nuts.

xsecx
02-20-2009, 07:52 AM

This is nuts.

gas chamber and then pretend it didn't happen.

XTrueColorsX
02-20-2009, 08:12 AM
This is something what I can't understand. What he thinks, what happened with 6 million people? (1,5 million was hungarian...)

xsecx
02-20-2009, 08:25 AM
This is something what I can't understand. What he thinks, what happened with 6 million people? (1,5 million was hungarian...)

he thinks that the numbers were exaggerated and that a lot of people who are claimed dead weren't real.

SgtD
02-20-2009, 08:37 AM
what i find interesting is: a lot of neo-nazis deny the holocaust, even though they agree that jews are an inferior race, and the world would be a better place without them.
Other neo-nazis accept the holocaust, and say that they deserved to be wiped out.

D1988
02-20-2009, 08:38 AM

Oh, very good sir!

XTrueColorsX
02-20-2009, 08:47 AM
what i find interesting is: a lot of neo-nazis deny the holocaust, even though they agree that jews are an inferior race, and the world would be a better place without them.
Other neo-nazis accept the holocaust, and say that they deserved to be wiped out.

I think we don't need to understand it...

rodrigo
02-20-2009, 08:54 AM

This is nuts.

why is it nuts?

D1988
02-20-2009, 08:59 AM
why is it nuts?

That someone would claim such a thing.

Also, being banished from a country for saying something is pretty nuts.

XTrueColorsX
02-20-2009, 09:12 AM
I think some people want to make us blind. Here is the Davinci code. Jesus had a wife. Another book says: No this is bullsh*t. What's the truth? Some books say Stalin was a good guy, some books say he was the devil himself. What's the truth? Holocaust the same thing. We can't teach history for the children. We can't show them a f*ckin heroe or a bad man. Nothing is absolute. Liars!

SgtD
02-20-2009, 09:22 AM
I think some people want to make us blind. Here is the Davinci code. Jesus had a wife. Another book says: No this is bullsh*t. What's the truth? Some books say Stalin was a good guy, some books say he was the devil himself. What's the truth? Holocaust the same thing. We can't teach history for the children. We can't show them a f*ckin heroe or a bad man. Nothing is absolute. Liars!

well, the DaVinci code is a fiction. There is no proof that Jesus existed.

Stalin killed millions, and it's well documented.

I don't really get your way of thinking.

xsecx
02-20-2009, 09:22 AM

no, there is definitely a truth, it just depends on whether or not the truth is going to suppressed for self interest or not.

XTrueColorsX
02-20-2009, 09:37 AM
no, there is definitely a truth, it just depends on whether or not the truth is going to suppressed for self interest or not.

Ok, but a 12 year old kid is impressionable. If a priest tell him there wasn't holocaust... maybe he will get some nazi tattoos later... Risky business...

XTrueColorsX
02-20-2009, 09:53 AM
well, the DaVinci code is a fiction. There is no proof that Jesus existed.

Stalin killed millions, and it's well documented.

I don't really get your way of thinking.

DaVinci or Stalin is not important! A kid maybe thinks: "Ok I'll kill 5000 people and maybe the future remember me as a hero..."

rodrigo
02-20-2009, 11:29 AM
DaVinci or Stalin is not important! A kid maybe thinks: "Ok I'll kill 5000 people and maybe the future remember me as a hero..."

i dont really understand your point

rodrigo
02-20-2009, 11:32 AM
That someone would claim such a thing.

Also, being banished from a country for saying something is pretty nuts.

well, i think he deserveded it.

CarlaRant
02-21-2009, 08:40 AM
We're reading "Night" in my classroom and the topic of Holocaust denial came up. I probably had a deer-in-headlights look. Fortunately, it opened up a great class discussion and provided a great transition to their Holocaust research projects.

XTrueColorsX
02-22-2009, 02:40 AM
I've just said the cultural archetypes (hero, the bad guy, the tempter) are very important in our lives. These archetypes form the collective subconscious.
The history falsification is very risky.
For example a superhero. Superheroes have a strong moral code. They are in the service of good. What if I say Spiderman stole a candy in his childhood, and I saw him with a whore last week. The strong moral code is damaged. And a child can say "Hey mum, I stole a candy! Spiderman did the same...".

My posts is about the judgement of historical persons or events.

Tell me if I'm an idiot. Am I?

xsecx
02-22-2009, 09:14 AM
I've just said the cultural archetypes (hero, the bad guy, the tempter) are very important in our lives. These archetypes form the collective subconscious.
The history falsification is very risky.
For example a superhero. Superheroes have a strong moral code. They are in the service of good. What if I say Spiderman stole a candy in his childhood, and I saw him with a whore last week. The strong moral code is damaged. And a child can say "Hey mum, I stole a candy! Spiderman did the same...".

My posts is about the judgement of historical persons or events.

Tell me if I'm an idiot. Am I?

yeah, but the reality of historical perspective is that the bad, in extreme cases, will always outweigh any good. The positive things that stalin or hitler did for their countries have become largely irrelevant because they're completely overshadowed by the evil they did as anything other than an explanation of why people let them get away with it.

Lifestyle_X
02-22-2009, 07:34 PM

n1

HardCore HardHead
02-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Just in the last week or so a holocost surviver came to my school. I dont think he sat in front of 900 scwermy kids and cried about his dead family for kicks.

xsecx
02-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Just in the last week or so a holocost surviver came to my school. I dont think he sat in front of 900 scwermy kids and cried about his dead family for kicks.

so that makes him an old cunt?

xSouthernEdgex
02-26-2009, 09:29 PM
so that makes him an old cunt?

I think he meant the Priest bastard and not the survivor at his school.

xsecx
02-26-2009, 09:42 PM
I think he meant the Priest bastard and not the survivor at his school.

let's hope so.

xSouthernEdgex
02-26-2009, 09:44 PM
let's hope so.

My thoughts exactly. When I first read it I got upset but then I read it again after seeing your response and I saw it was just weird grammar structure on his part that made it seem the other way around.

Segadoway
02-27-2009, 12:00 AM
My thoughts exactly. When I first read it I got upset but then I read it again after seeing your response and I saw it was just weird grammar structure on his part that made it seem the other way around.

i found this post funny.
nazis but yeah off topic