PDA

View Full Version : dating someone who isn't edge

bnotloved
12-13-2003, 04:49 PM
i know you kids have dated other kids that weren't edge; was it as wierd for you as it is for me? my boyfriend and i got together on halloween and its been really minty so far. he asked me "isn't it against the rules to date someone who isn't edge?" i was like "no... why would it be?" then he told me he smoked and drank. i asked him if he wouldn't do it around me and he agreed. however, i caught him with a cancer stick yesterday and got alittle piss, it was so not minty. he said he told me from the beginning what he did but we agreed from the beginning that he wouldn't do it around me. who's right here?

AxZxHxC
12-13-2003, 05:05 PM
When you said "I caught him", it sounded like he was trying not to do it around you.

bnotloved
12-13-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by AxZxHxC
When you said "I caught him", it sounded like he was trying not to do it around you.

well, true he didn't lite up in my face but i saw him lite it and then when i walked up to him he just kept smoking and poluting the air. it complicated to explain

straightXed
12-13-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by bnotloved
well, true he didn't lite up in my face but i saw him lite it and then when i walked up to him he just kept smoking and poluting the air. it complicated to explain

Well you are dating a smoker, just how ok are you with that? He kept smoking and you kept standing there, why not wait till he had finnished smoking before walking up to him.

xDOUGxDIGGLERx
12-13-2003, 06:34 PM
I've always got stressed wiht ex's that drank alot, it seems fine at the begining but after a while it bothers me. but i know its about their choice, so its hard when i know i'm wrong but somthing inside me tells me to do somthing about it.

i see a new one coming on the horizon right now, and i hope to get it right this time.

it can get in the way of the relationship, if people dump you because you are dge then they are just not worht it, and neither are you if you dump them cos they are not.

but the more differnt people are to you the more you have to learn from them.

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-04-2004, 08:49 PM
My girlfriend smokes and drinks and i hate it.... cause when i see her and shes drunk...... i dont know... i just dont like it.... i cant stand someone abusing something like that......but its not my body.......i just wish she wouldnt....

xsecx
01-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
My girlfriend smokes and drinks and i hate it.... cause when i see her and shes drunk...... i dont know... i just dont like it.... i cant stand someone abusing something like that......but its not my body.......i just wish she wouldnt....

you know that because of how you feel your relationship is going to be doomed, right?

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Yeah pretty much.... but ill get over it.....

straightXed
01-05-2004, 12:22 AM

thats very nonchalant of you?

xsecx
01-05-2004, 09:32 AM

so why not just end it now?

PULL THE TRIGGER!

straightXed
01-05-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
so why not just end it now?

PULL THE TRIGGER!

Dude you are reminding me of neglect.

xsecx
01-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by straightXed
Dude you are reminding me of neglect.

it should remind you of until the end.
that's what was in my head when I said it.

straightXed
01-05-2004, 10:45 AM
it should remind you of until the end.
that's what was in my head when I said it.

I'm not sure thats possible.

xsecx
01-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by straightXed
I'm not sure thats possible.

saturate yourself with the stench of stupidity
it seems you're addicted to playing the fool
inhale the lies of beauty and fame
they've got you trapped in a losing game
is this what you need?
what you need to fit in?
fit into what
an early grave
swallow every lie that is fed to you
watching yourself decay everyday
coughing up life, do it again and again
playing a game you have no chance to win
as you've seen this world prey on weakness
this moral decay takes my breath away
the air that i breathe - second hand disease
how can you say it doesn't affect me?
put the barrel down your throat
pull the fucking trigger
choke

straightXed
01-05-2004, 11:14 AM
saturate yourself with the stench of stupidity
it seems you're addicted to playing the fool
inhale the lies of beauty and fame
they've got you trapped in a losing game
is this what you need?
what you need to fit in?
fit into what
an early grave
swallow every lie that is fed to you
watching yourself decay everyday
coughing up life, do it again and again
playing a game you have no chance to win
as you've seen this world prey on weakness
this moral decay takes my breath away
the air that i breathe - second hand disease
how can you say it doesn't affect me?
put the barrel down your throat
pull the fucking trigger
choke

cool, i'm gonna go see what it sounds like.

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-05-2004, 10:56 PM
I dont know.... i mean yes i hate smokiong and drinking..... but i liked her before i knew that about her..... and since then ive grown attatched and am willing to put up with the habits.... as long as i dont get pushed into them........

xsecx
01-06-2004, 07:41 AM
I dont know.... i mean yes i hate smokiong and drinking..... but i liked her before i knew that about her..... and since then ive grown attatched and am willing to put up with the habits.... as long as i dont get pushed into them........

if you're sowilling to put with them, why do they bother you? and if you are willing to put up with them, her behavior shouldn't matter.

just save yourself the trouble. It's like you're trying to convince yourself to be ok with something you're not.

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Im perfectcly fine with her normal behavior...... but after drinking its way different and thats what bothers me...taht and the smell of cigs...... so i dont know.... she still doesnt understand where im coming from...cause up here there is no such thing as sXe....its all druggies and nobody knows what a sXe is so yeah..... we're talking things out and if it doesnt work out then thats alright..... id much rather be single and sober than in a relationship i dont like.....

xvunderx
01-07-2004, 07:40 AM
First off you don't need to be or have sXe to be drug free.

secondly if she drinks and smokes thats part of her "normal" behaviour, and if you can't deal with that, then it's not going to work out.

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Im aware....... I have so much going on though..... its not working out...... I need someone that can share my same beliefs.......

words are dreams
01-08-2004, 03:57 AM
Im aware....... I have so much going on though..... its not working out...... I need someone that can share my same beliefs.......
then you need to talk to her about it, and most likely end it. it would be unwise to prolong something you know is not right for you at the moment. and don't worry about it, you'll find someone else. life is like that.

T3aRs 0f ScRl3t
01-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah i know.......

Sean The Red
01-10-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by xvunderx
First off you don't need to be or have sXe to be drug free.

yea, my now Ex-girlfriend of 3+ years was drug free, but she wasnt really straight edge.

drug free adult
01-10-2004, 11:21 AM
i've had one straight edge girlfriend in my life. actually two, but she was just really a trendseeker.

Sean The Red
01-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by drug free adult
i've had one straight edge girlfriend in my life. actually two, but she was just really a trendseeker.

That is really demoralizing when i'm looking for a straight edge person

stagepower
01-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Well it looks like you two are totally two different people...you see amost EVERYTHING differently. That's all I know.

Sean The Red
01-16-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by stagepower
Well it looks like you two are totally two different people...you see amost EVERYTHING differently. That's all I know.

I agree, give it up. If you were ok with it, you wouldnt be posting your concerns in the first place.

xsecx
01-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Sean The Red
That is really demoralizing when i'm looking for a straight edge person

I've dated a fair number. and I married one.

That being said, some of the girls I've ever known weren't edge. and the craziest girlfriends I've ever had, were when we were dating.

Sean The Red
01-16-2004, 01:40 PM
I've dated a fair number. and I married one.

That being said, some of the girls I've ever known weren't edge. and the craziest girlfriends I've ever had, were when we were dating.

I was thinking if I just got earth crisis tattooed on my jaw, it would solve the problem of finding someone, because nobody would ever want to date me

xsecx
01-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Sean The Red
I was thinking if I just got earth crisis tattooed on my jaw, it would solve the problem of finding someone, because nobody would ever want to date me

I'm saying, band tattoo's bad idea.
band tattoo's across your face, best idea ever.