PDA

View Full Version : Some Bands?

XalcoholsucksX
01-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Hey, my name is Skyler. I was just wondering what sXe bands were out there. I only know of a few like.... Throwdown is one of em'. I like them a lot, so stuff like them.

rodrigo
01-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey, my name is Skyler. I was just wondering what sXe bands were out there. I only know of a few like.... Throwdown is one of em'. I like them a lot, so stuff like them.

hello there, welcome!

you can check a master list by clicking on this link http://sxe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389

there are tons of bands there, i'm sure you'll find something you like

straightfuckingedge
01-27-2009, 09:21 AM
*DYS
*Government Issue
*Teen Idles
*Minor Threat
*Gorilla Biscuits
*Youth Brigade (DC)

Those are some important ones

XalcoholsucksX
01-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Didn't the lead singer of minor threat sell out and do cocaine? I'm not looking for old hardcore straight edge bands like that... Like throwdown. Didn't I say that? Ya know? Metalcore kinda stuff.

xsecx
01-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Didn't the lead singer of minor threat sell out and do cocaine? I'm not looking for old hardcore straight edge bands like that... Like throwdown. Didn't I say that? Ya know? Metalcore kinda stuff.

where did you read that?

even the worst old hardcore band beats anything throwdown has ever done.

linsee
01-30-2009, 09:25 PM

There aren't going to be a lot of metalcore straight edge bands.

In my opinion Throwdown is ridiculously terrible.

D1988
01-31-2009, 08:24 AM

Man oh man.......

xGriffox
01-31-2009, 09:30 AM
if you want decent "metal core" listen to Arkangel, preferably the album "Hope You Die By Overdose" and their EP "Prayers Upon Deaf Ears". Also check out Undying, preferably the album "At History's End". They aren't all straight edge (i think they are 3/4) but they are all vegan and one of my all time favorite bands.

Also the first two Hatebreed releases, "Under The Knife" and "Satisfaction Is The Death of Desire" are good and make it seem like they were at one time straight edge and possibly vegan? I'm not sure, and me liking them is not a popular opinion, but oh well.

EDIT: Also check out anything Prayer For Cleansing did. great Vegan Straight Edge metal/hardcore..

XalcoholsucksX
01-31-2009, 05:12 PM
I had a friend that's been edge for about 7 years tell me so. Is that not a true statement?

XalcoholsucksX
01-31-2009, 05:18 PM
where did you read that?

even the worst old hardcore band beats anything throwdown has ever done.
I'm just not a fan of thrash... Like all the old stuff like Minor Threat is just random noise to me. I honesty don't even like the original straight song by Minor Threat... I can't understand anything he says. That's just my opinion though. I don't mean any disrespect towards anyone.

XalcoholsucksX
01-31-2009, 05:26 PM
if you want decent "metal core" listen to Arkangel, preferably the album "Hope You Die By Overdose" and their EP "Prayers Upon Deaf Ears". Also check out Undying, preferably the album "At History's End". They aren't all straight edge (i think they are 3/4) but they are all vegan and one of my all time favorite bands.

Also the first two Hatebreed releases, "Under The Knife" and "Satisfaction Is The Death of Desire" are good and make it seem like they were at one time straight edge and possibly vegan? I'm not sure, and me liking them is not a popular opinion, but oh well.

EDIT: Also check out anything Prayer For Cleansing did. great Vegan Straight Edge metal/hardcore..
Thank you!!! You are like my savior! I do listen to hatebreed, they were sxe. I'll have to look up those other 3! Have you ever heard of Too Pure To Die? They're a good sxe band.

linsee
01-31-2009, 05:33 PM
Have you ever heard of Too Pure To Die? They're a good sxe band.

They are also the most sexist, homophobic, not to mention musically and lyrically terrible band.

Check out the bands Griffo gave you. I like Prayer for Cleansing a lot, an I listened to Undying constantly when I was younger.

chino
01-31-2009, 06:14 PM
well i can give you a list of metalcore/deathcore that you might like.
but their not sxe

chino
01-31-2009, 06:15 PM
There aren't going to be a lot of metalcore straight edge bands.

In my opinion Throwdown is ridiculously terrible.
thank you. filled a void lol
im like the only one around here that feels the same.
everyone just looked at my like i didnt know what was up.
but yes agreed.
terrible

XalcoholsucksX
01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
They are also the most sexist, homophobic, not to mention musically and lyrically terrible band.

Check out the bands Griffo gave you. I like Prayer for Cleansing a lot, an I listened to Undying constantly when I was younger.
Alright, first of all, Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it? Where the hell do you think you're coming from telling me they suck? That's my damn opinion to whether or not they're good. Not a statement. Get some damn manners and then write me back.

XalcoholsucksX
01-31-2009, 06:50 PM

I could really care less what your opinions are upon music. I don't like any of the old straight edge hardcore shit. I've been raised upon metal, not thrash. Just because you're stuck in the 80's/90's and can't accept any other kind of music besides the old stuff doesn't mean everything else sucks.

straightXed
01-31-2009, 07:13 PM
I could really care less what your opinions are upon music. I don't like any of the old straight edge hardcore shit. I've been raised upon metal, not thrash. Just because you're stuck in the 80's/90's and can't accept any other kind of music besides the old stuff doesn't mean everything else sucks.

I'm sure you mean couldn't care less unless you are saying there is room for you to care less than you do now. And no one is saying music that isn't 80's or 90's sucks thats just not being said at all. It seems you quite casually glossed over the reasons of sexism and homophobia...two pretty good reasons not to want to support a band if you ask me.

straightXed
01-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Alright, first of all, Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it? Where the hell do you think you're coming from telling me they suck? That's my damn opinion to whether or not they're good. Not a statement. Get some damn manners and then write me back.

Hold on are you saying your opinion is valid and any opinion that is contrary to that should not be voiced?

I mean if you are going to discuss music you really have to accept and expect to hear opinions that don't echo your own. And if a band has negative association with being homophobic and sexist then i for one would champion people speaking out about that. If you think it shouldn't be mentioned because its not nice then you are just playing a game of bury your head in the sand.

You are entitled to like a band regardless of it being homophobic or sexist but don't get upset when people point to that as a reason not to like them.

XalcoholsucksX
01-31-2009, 08:55 PM
Hold on are you saying your opinion is valid and any opinion that is contrary to that should not be voiced?

I mean if you are going to discuss music you really have to accept and expect to hear opinions that don't echo your own. And if a band has negative association with being homophobic and sexist then i for one would champion people speaking out about that. If you think it shouldn't be mentioned because its not nice then you are just playing a game of bury your head in the sand.

You are entitled to like a band regardless of it being homophobic or sexist but don't get upset when people point to that as a reason not to like them.
But i'm not saying they can't state their opinion. I would like to hear how they are sexist and/or homophobic.

linsee
01-31-2009, 09:27 PM

I didn't say anything mean to you, I'm just telling you how I feel about a band, especially one that portrays such ridiculous things. If I liked a band that thought it was cool to call people "faggots" and say degrading things about women and I didn't realize it, I really hope some one would tell me and open my eyes.

But i'm not saying they can't state their opinion. I would like to hear how they are sexist and/or homophobic.

Too Pure To Die is a Midwest band, and I have had the unfortunate opportunity to see them a fair amount of times at fests and other shows. I've heard first hand them talk about women as objects, and every other word out of their mouths in between songs involved some sort of anti-gay slander.

linsee
01-31-2009, 09:30 PM

Have I stated any bands that I listen to? You have no idea what I listen to, but thank you for automatically assuming that I only listen to 80's/90's hardcore. If you had any clue at all about what I listened to, then what you just assumed about me is a bit funny.

Way to go postal and super defensive on assumptions.

xsecx
01-31-2009, 11:02 PM
I had a friend that's been edge for about 7 years tell me so. Is that not a true statement?

your friends an idiot, it's not a trust statement.

xsecx
01-31-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm just not a fan of thrash... Like all the old stuff like Minor Threat is just random noise to me. I honesty don't even like the original straight song by Minor Threat... I can't understand anything he says. That's just my opinion though. I don't mean any disrespect towards anyone.

you need to listen to a lot more music dude. old hardcore and thrash sound really different and if you can't understand minor threat, then I don't really understand how you can understand metal bands who's vocals are usually way harder to understand.

Minor Threat and Elvis are a lot alike. I can't really respect the musical opinion of anyone who doesn't like them.

straightXed
02-01-2009, 06:23 AM

Well then why didn't you ask that instead of telling people they are rude for expressing an opinion and reason for that opinion? It certainly seems like you were getting upset with someone for posting their opinion instead of asking how they came to that opinion.

D1988
02-01-2009, 09:13 AM
I don't like any of the old straight edge hardcore shit

I read this and didn't read any other responses. Just fuck off dude.

In the response before that, Linsee gave you her opinion on a band and you came back telling her to get some manners? How dumb do you look right now?

XalcoholsucksX
02-01-2009, 03:31 PM
you need to listen to a lot more music dude. old hardcore and thrash sound really different and if you can't understand minor threat, then I don't really understand how you can understand metal bands who's vocals are usually way harder to understand.

Minor Threat and Elvis are a lot alike. I can't really respect the musical opinion of anyone who doesn't like them.
I understand metal because it's what I was raised on. Before I dedicated myself to being edge I had never heard of Minor Threat. Why does all the sudden everybody hate me now? I asked a simple question and now it's turned into a big arguement. All I wanted was an answer to what I asked. I like more new age straight edge bands, as you can see. I guess this thread is finished because I would rather not continue fighting against everybody in a pointless arguement.

Sorry for waisting everybody's time.

XalcoholsucksX
02-01-2009, 03:33 PM
your friends an idiot, it's not a trust statement.
Okay, thank you.

xsecx
02-01-2009, 04:01 PM
I understand metal because it's what I was raised on. Before I dedicated myself to being edge I had never heard of Minor Threat. Why does all the sudden everybody hate me now? I asked a simple question and now it's turned into a big arguement. All I wanted was an answer to what I asked. I like more new age straight edge bands, as you can see. I guess this thread is finished because I would rather not continue fighting against everybody in a pointless arguement.

Sorry for waisting everybody's time.
People responded to your words. I don't think anyone hates you, but you've made some really ignorant statements that lead myself at least to believe that you haven't really listened to that much hardcore and don't really want to listen to other peoples opinions if they don't fit what you already think.

chadfitzy
02-01-2009, 04:03 PM

didnt yer mom ever tell you to never talk to a lady like that?............ahaha

Segadoway
02-01-2009, 05:48 PM
didnt yer mom ever tell you to never talk to a lady like that?............ahaha

didnt your mum tell you to..............i got nothing

chadfitzy
02-01-2009, 06:16 PM
that means i win by default!

Segadoway
02-02-2009, 03:28 AM
that means i win by default!

that means..................still got nothing goddamit

chadfitzy
02-02-2009, 03:34 AM
Buyakasha!

Segadoway
02-02-2009, 11:11 PM
buyakasha!

shoryuken!

chadfitzy
02-03-2009, 12:15 AM
i have but the slightest clues as to what you called me............biotch!

Segadoway
02-04-2009, 03:44 AM
i have but the slightest clues as to what you called me............biotch!

i love you and i want to have your children....lets make bum babies..............BOOM SHANKA

Wicked Brown
02-25-2009, 11:33 AM

Death Before Dishonor
Bring me the Horizon (not sxe but still good)
Terror
Lost Prophits (half of them are sxe not realy hardcore but sum good songs)

Segadoway
02-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Death Before Dishonor
Bring me the Horizon (not sxe but still good)
Terror
Lost Prophits (half of them are sxe not realy hardcore but sum good songs)

BMTH=not hardcore OR sxe so why say them?

chowdownxamberx
03-08-2009, 04:39 PM
xRHINOCEROSx
xBARCADIAx

those are a couple sweet bands

HardCore HardHead
03-09-2009, 09:21 PM
You should listen to Earth Crysis.

chadfitzy
03-09-2009, 09:36 PM
i love you and i want to have your children....lets make bum babies..............BOOM SHANKA

i love you too, finally outa the closet!............so when ddo ya whana get it on? and in what state? and how much?

Segadoway
03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
i love you too, finally outa the closet!............so when ddo ya whana get it on? and in what state? and how much?

ill do it for free, you choose the time and place, just remember to buy me dinner first........

solitary echo
03-22-2009, 10:39 AM
AFI (a fire inside) is a good band, dave havok the head singer is how i learned of the edge

warriorsXe
03-23-2009, 06:04 AM
if you want, chcek this band- Maroon..they´re from Germany.. the´re played sXe metalcore with lyrics of animal liberation, vegan, straight-edge, keep clean the nature and so on and so on......
here is the link to view: www.myspace.com/maroonhate

xmountbrockenx
03-24-2009, 07:00 AM

It all depends on the style of music you like. I mean if you like a lot of "chug chug," then you have Throwdown. Others like say xBishopx are in that vein. However, if you prefer the older style of punk/hardcore, then there is xlookingforwardx, good clean fun, and many others. I, although an old schooler, prefer the chug chug since i was influenced by old cross over bands like Crumbsuckers, MOD, DRi and the like (although these are definitely not sxe bands).

warriorsXe
03-24-2009, 05:47 PM
xStrength Through Purityx - good sXe hardcore....well angry :) good tip for listening..

x JAMES x
03-25-2009, 07:12 PM
You could probably fill a bible with all the straightedge hardcore bands out there.

Which is a contradicting statement in itself.

warriorsXe
03-26-2009, 03:58 AM
ou yeah, thanks for good idea..Im forget about it..I do it asap.....:)

Sammeh
04-21-2009, 01:24 AM
i think casey jones is really a good band, wht to you think?

XryleyjamesX
04-29-2009, 02:03 PM
7 Seconds
ACxDC
Black Sheep Squadron
BOLD
Brotherhood
Carry On
Casey Jones
Chain of Strength
Champion
Down to Nothing
Drug Test
DYS
Earth Crisis
Far From Breaking
The First Step
Floorpunch
the Geeks
Gorilla Biscuits
Grateful Dead
Have Heart
Hit the Deck
I Object!
In My Eyes
xInvictus Maneox
It's Now
Insted
Justice
Kids Like Us
Limp Wrist
Lion of Judah (I think)
xLooking Forwardx
Looking Up
Mainstrike
Mental
Minor Threat
Monster X
Mouthpiece
Over My Dead Body
Play It Serious
Project X
R.A.M.B.O.
Release
Righteous Jams
SSD
Side By Side
Stand Your Ground
Standard Issue
Straight Ahead
Strife
Trial
Turning Point
Uniform Choice
Unit Pride
Unity
Verbal Assault
Verse
Vitality!
Vitamin X
Warzone
Youth of Today

I'm sure most of those are/were.

xsecx
04-29-2009, 02:04 PM
7 Seconds
ACxDC
Black Sheep Squadron
BOLD
Brotherhood
Carry On
Casey Jones
Chain of Strength
Champion
Down to Nothing
Drug Test
DYS
Earth Crisis
Far From Breaking
The First Step
Floorpunch
the Geeks
Gorilla Biscuits
Grateful Dead
Have Heart
Hit the Deck
I Object!
In My Eyes
xInvictus Maneox
It's Now
Insted
Justice
Kids Like Us
Limp Wrist
Lion of Judah (I think)
xLooking Forwardx
Looking Up
Mainstrike
Mental
Minor Threat
Monster X
Mouthpiece
Over My Dead Body
Play It Serious
Project X
R.A.M.B.O.
Release
Righteous Jams
SSD
Side By Side
Stand Your Ground
Standard Issue
Straight Ahead
Strife
Trial
Turning Point
Uniform Choice
Unit Pride
Unity
Verbal Assault
Verse
Vitality!
Vitamin X
Warzone
Youth of Today

I'm sure most of those are/were.
hippy bands aren't funny.

warriorsXe
05-08-2009, 05:52 AM
i think casey jones is really a good band, wht to you think?

im sorry..but this i never heard about this band...