PDA

View Full Version : 2009

optimismdefeats
12-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Happy new year people, I hope yours like mine has got off to a good start with the first half hour. Note that if your reading this in America within the next few years , you will have some small wait.

swallow
12-31-2008, 06:36 PM
Happy new year people, I hope yours like mine has got off to a good start with the first half hour. Note that if your reading this in America within the next few years , you will have some small wait.

Happy new year, though it has been 2009 for 2 hours and 42 minutes in here!

D1988
12-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Happy New Year.

linsee
12-31-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm going to bed before the new year. I don't get the big deal and why it's a big party.

CarlaRant
01-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Happy New Year!

Lifestyle_X
01-01-2009, 12:34 PM
happy new year everyone ! i hope you all enjoyed it, like i did :)

optimismdefeats
01-02-2009, 09:56 AM
There was a program on for the new year and it had a puff rock concert featuring elton john and will young and it didnt sound all that bad, i'm not a big fan of either of them though

straightXed
01-02-2009, 10:50 AM
There was a program on for the new year and it had a puff rock concert featuring elton john and will young and it didnt sound all that bad, i'm not a big fan of either of them though

You call it puff rock?

D1988
01-02-2009, 11:08 AM
You call it puff rock?

I can't stop laughing.

optimismdefeats
01-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Well both have actually said they are homosexual i googled "is will young a homosexual" and it proved right in search results

glamorous rockstars are called glam rock, heavy ones are called hard rock, rebellious ones are called punk rock independant ones are called indie rock, so perhaps gay ones should be puff rock cos that's what it was "rock music being performed by homosexuals"

xsecx
01-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Well both have actually said they are homosexual i googled "is will young a homosexual" and it proved right in search results

glamorous rockstars are called glam rock, heavy ones are called hard rock, rebellious ones are called punk rock independant ones are called indie rock, so perhaps gay ones should be puff rock cos that's what it was "rock music being performed by homosexuals"

maybe because puff is a derogatory term that you're placing on them and not what they've chosen to call themselves.

straightXed
01-02-2009, 03:58 PM
maybe because puff is a derogatory term that you're placing on them and not what they've chosen to call themselves.

That would be the main and most important point but a secondary point would be that how could anyone describe will young as a rock artist?

xsecx
01-02-2009, 04:05 PM
That would be the main and most important point but a secondary point would be that how could anyone describe will young as a rock artist?

dude. elton john?

straightXed
01-02-2009, 04:23 PM

funny thing is theres gay musicians in all the genres you mentioned, its just odd that you focus on the sexuality as a way to define the music like that is somehow important. I mean the other genres will have bands that sound similar to bands of the same genre, but using sexuality wont really define the music they play. Its like calling minor threat and the beatles hetro rock or something!

straightXed
01-02-2009, 04:24 PM
dude. elton john?

What about him?

xsecx
01-02-2009, 04:25 PM
What about him?

"it had a puff rock concert featuring elton john and will young"

so this leads me to believe that you think elton john is rockin, and that perhaps candle in the wind is your favorite song ever to headbang to.

straightXed
01-02-2009, 05:58 PM
"it had a puff rock concert featuring elton john and will young"

so this leads me to believe that you think elton john is rockin, and that perhaps candle in the wind is your favorite song ever to headbang to.

I understand that, i personally don't think Elton John is really in line with rock music but i think its probably a little more acceptable to associate him with it compared to will young. He's in the rock and roll hall of fame and people may point at that or at some songs that might resemble a more rocky flavour, to do so would probably be wrong but there is some possibility of debate. will young seems like a much more extreme example of what isn't rock.