PDA

View Full Version : I believe..

CrybabyJerkins
12-19-2008, 07:02 AM
i believe that God is life. Like for example how everything in nature grows i believe that God is the living thing thats brings things to life and keeps them alive.
God = Life
I also believe that no religion is wrong... all religion believes in the same god they just worship god in different way and picture God as different beings.
Im a believer. I believe in life and death and eternal life with god.
I strongly believe in karma... and u cant hide from your problems and weakness.
I belive in Living Straight Edge... I believe in making a stand for saying no to the evil of this world. And i belive in myself, through being straight edge, that i can do bigger and better things with my life!

Wat do u believe... i dont need to see too believe. I have trust in my own heart and my own mind that im strong enough to believe in the unknown. XXX

are u a sheep.... i aint no fckn sheep! :DD luv luv peoples x x x

xGriffox
12-19-2008, 11:19 AM
no gods. no masters.

CrybabyJerkins
12-19-2008, 06:03 PM
God can be a teacher... guidance... not a master...thats why he gave up choice, otherwise we would've been slaves/robots x

D1988
12-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Wow.

xsecx
12-19-2008, 07:38 PM
God can be a teacher... guidance... not a master...thats why he gave up choice, otherwise we would've been slaves/robots x

I think it's a worthwhile topic so I restored it. If you're going to profess a belief in god, you should also be respectful of the fact that not everyone will share this viewpoint.

Sunlightseven20
12-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Where does God get life?

xCrucialDudex
12-20-2008, 01:22 AM
It is the Life you arrogant mortal!

CarlaRant
12-20-2008, 09:59 AM
It's not appropriate to throw out blanket statements such as all religions worship the same god/are the same, et cetera. Not all religions worship the same God, thus the fighting that exists in the world.

Christians believe that Jesus is God through the trinity, Muslims believe in Allah, supposedly the same god in the Torah, which Jewish people call Yahweh. However, their debate is over the prophet Muhammed. Tying this thought to the Christian line, you can see why Muslims deny the Christian path, stating "There is no God but Allah and Mohammed was his prophet." Then you have Hindus whose beliefs range from monotheism to polytheism. Buddhists do not directly worship a specific god, but believe in attempting to purify oneself through right living, the Eight Fold Path, and the birth/life/death/rebirth cycle. Then you have the pagans and neo-pagns, Chinese universists, Jainists, Taoists, Shintoists, Zoroastrians.

xsecx
12-20-2008, 09:10 PM
It's not appropriate to throw out blanket statements such as all religions worship the same god/are the same, et cetera. Not all religions worship the same God, thus the fighting that exists in the world.

Christians believe that Jesus is God through the trinity, Muslims believe in Allah, supposedly the same god in the Torah, which Jewish people call Yahweh. However, their debate is over the prophet Muhammed. Tying this thought to the Christian line, you can see why Muslims deny the Christian path, stating "There is no God but Allah and Mohammed was his prophet." Then you have Hindus whose beliefs range from monotheism to polytheism. Buddhists do not directly worship a specific god, but believe in attempting to purify oneself through right living, the Eight Fold Path, and the birth/life/death/rebirth cycle. Then you have the pagans and neo-pagns, Chinese universists, Jainists, Taoists, Shintoists, Zoroastrians.

I think she means more in terms of while the theology differs, the end result is the same. It sounds like what she's talking about is the bahai faith.

Sunlightseven20
12-20-2008, 09:36 PM
There are plenty of independent panthiests who've just reached that conclusion on their own. Bahai has some pretty specific teachings to go along with their brand of pantheism.

But Carla makes a point that most panthiests and unitarians I've ever met could definitely use. There IS a difference.

xsecx
12-20-2008, 09:42 PM
There are plenty of independent panthiests who've just reached that conclusion on their own. Bahai has some pretty specific teachings to go along with their brand of pantheism.

How would you know though, since they aren't documented or organized with the exception of the bahai? I think it's a stretch to think that the bahai haven't influenced others given how many bahai there are now and how long it's been going at this point.

Sunlightseven20
12-22-2008, 04:43 AM
I've met plenty of pantheists and not many who are actually Baha'i. Also a Baha'i woman who didn't know what the word pantheist meant. I have no doubt Baha'i Faith has been influential, but plenty of different roads lead to a pantheist view. There are Christian and Jewish pantheists, occult pantheists (and that inevitably means some neo-pagans... I know the Kemetic Orthodoxy teaches Monolatry - "One godhead, many gods and goddesses"), and in my personal experience a WHOLE lot of hippies who don't really follow a path besides the one the mushrooms give them and they reach the conclusion on their own. It almost seemed a natural conclusion for me that we are all one back when I used to trip on cough syrup every week. (no joke. strange period of my life.) I didn't need anyone to explain it to me or teach me about it with their ideas... I just thought of it on my own. Spent some time in 07 on Haight street in San Fransisco and nearly every random person I'd talk to about religion (if they were willing to share anything other than "fuck that shit") thought the "all one" thing and had some unique way of wording it.

xsecx
12-22-2008, 07:59 AM
I've met plenty of pantheists and not many who are actually Baha'i. Also a Baha'i woman who didn't know what the word pantheist meant. I have no doubt Baha'i Faith has been influential, but plenty of different roads lead to a pantheist view. There are Christian and Jewish pantheists, occult pantheists (and that inevitably means some neo-pagans... I know the Kemetic Orthodoxy teaches Monolatry - "One godhead, many gods and goddesses"), and in my personal experience a WHOLE lot of hippies who don't really follow a path besides the one the mushrooms give them and they reach the conclusion on their own. It almost seemed a natural conclusion for me that we are all one back when I used to trip on cough syrup every week. (no joke. strange period of my life.) I didn't need anyone to explain it to me or teach me about it with their ideas... I just thought of it on my own. Spent some time in 07 on Haight street in San Fransisco and nearly every random person I'd talk to about religion (if they were willing to share anything other than "fuck that shit") thought the "all one" thing and had some unique way of wording it.

hippies don't count any kind of discussion as any kind of valid group. The funny thing about influence is that it's not necessarily overt especially now that the sharing of ideas and access to information is incredibly easy. That being said, pantheism as a ludicrous concept as traditional theism is.

wiesse
12-24-2008, 10:08 AM
There is no god.

God is just what the weak minded use to explain the unknown.

Lifestyle_X
12-25-2008, 08:01 AM
the only thing i want to say is

http://blog.beliefnet.com/moviemom/xfiles.jpg

;-)

xGriffox
12-25-2008, 12:53 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/resources/2008/04/gaahl-sotra.jpg

Lifestyle_X
12-25-2008, 01:22 PM
yeah, that's what i'm talking about damnit ! i just can't wait for that Cradle Of Filth t-shirt :D

xGriffox
12-25-2008, 01:30 PM
pfft, gorgoroth is way better than cradle of filth.

Lifestyle_X
12-25-2008, 07:24 PM
i'm just joking, that music doesn't interests me at all (but it would still be kickass to walk around in a COF shirt haha :D )

optimismdefeats
12-29-2008, 10:52 AM
I would hate to look like that, but that's his choice and the image is popular in some styles of music.

Sunlightseven20
12-29-2008, 08:37 PM
hippies don't count any kind of discussion as any kind of valid group. The funny thing about influence is that it's not necessarily overt especially now that the sharing of ideas and access to information is incredibly easy. That being said, pantheism as a ludicrous concept as traditional theism is.

Why so ludicrous?

Apparently you know something most humans are incapable of knowing.

xsecx
12-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Why so ludicrous?

Apparently you know something most humans are incapable of knowing.

for the same reason I think the idea of any god is ludicrous. It's completely illogical and based on superstition rather than any kind of testable fact.