PDA

View Full Version : Greek Riots

xLettuceHeadx
12-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Anyone find this one of the most important and interesting events currently in world affairs? I see it as a harbinger of the social unrest that will spring up across the globe if the economic conditions continue to worsen. Are the riots going to cause widescale changes in Greek government or is it just a few disaffected youths futile attempt at rebellion? Anyone from Europe with a closer perspective on the events?

xsecx
12-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Anyone find this one of the most important and interesting events currently in world affairs? I see it as a harbinger of the social unrest that will spring up across the globe if the economic conditions continue to worsen. Are the riots going to cause widescale changes in Greek government or is it just a few disaffected youths futile attempt at rebellion? Anyone from Europe with a closer perspective on the events?

riots in europe happen all the time.

rodrigo
12-16-2008, 08:15 PM

it reminded me of the one in france some time ago

chadfitzy
12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
riots in europe happen all the time.

especially greece so ive been told

xCrucialDudex
12-17-2008, 12:04 AM

Yes, this is pretty interesting to say the least... disturbing actually. Gun firing in Greece isn't thought of as common as say in US. Unfortunately, I don't have much time right now to follow this accident in all details so I'm afraid I won't be able to engage into a discussion on this topic. I heard of it, read a couple of articles and eyewitness reports... but it seems contradicting and complicated. I'd need to do some more reading for which I just don't have time.

D1988
12-17-2008, 02:53 AM
Americans riot and trash cities when a sports team wins something......

xLettuceHeadx
12-17-2008, 08:12 AM

HaHa. So true. If one were to look back at the American Riots within the last 20 years there would probably be many more riots due to a sports team winning a championship than riots due to social unrest.

straightXed
12-17-2008, 10:33 AM

Sounds like football hooliganism!

Just-a-fool
03-29-2009, 11:33 PM
I find it pretty sad that the greece anarchists hide themself behind the excuse of "We fight because police shot a 17y old boy"
What they forgot to mention is that the boy trew a molotovcocktail and stones at a policecar.
When people who call themself Freedomfighters engage in cityguerilla then let it be for the right reasons.