PDA

View Full Version : being edge forever

xsecx
12-11-2003, 09:19 AM
this is something I've always wondered. how is possible for someone to be straight edge forever?

xvunderx
12-11-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
this is something I've always wondered. how is possible for someone to be straight edge forever?

Thats easy! It's like a christening. When they are born you get your family together and X the kid up, and evey one comes and brings it gifts like "My first hardcore record" to play on its Fisherprice record player stuff like that. Then it has been baptised edge, of course the kid will have to have confermation when it's older, but it's still recognised by the edge God after it's edgening. And thats how you can be edge forever, even befor you know what it is.

I wish my parents had given me an edgening when I was a tott.

linsee
12-11-2003, 12:12 PM

oh the arguements ive had with kids on straightedge.com about this. they dont get it. you cant be edge all your life.

Munncha
12-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Yeah, as long as your parents get you the union card, you're in.

I think you meant something different by the question though.

straightXed
12-11-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by xvunderx
Thats easy! It's like a christening. When they are born you get your family together and X the kid up, and evey one comes and brings it gifts like "My first hardcore record" to play on its Fisherprice record player stuff like that. Then it has been baptised edge, of course the kid will have to have confermation when it's older, but it's still recognised by the edge God after it's edgening. And thats how you can be edge forever, even befor you know what it is.

I wish my parents had given me an edgening when I was a tott.

I really wanted a fisher price record player as a child

xsecx
12-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Munncha
Yeah, as long as your parents get you the union card, you're in.

I think you meant something different by the question though.

blah blah blah. troll troll troll.

sabresnmets
12-11-2003, 09:56 PM
blah blah blah. troll troll troll.

dude, sec, you really dont like muncha do you?

flame_still_burns
12-12-2003, 03:25 AM
oh you mean like when i check the profile of a 14 year old kid and it says they have been straightedge their whole life?...

if that's the case then we can trace the roots of straightedge back to cro-magnon man. they didn't partake in any drinking, smoking or drugs. hell, that shit wasn't invented yet. who cares if straightedge wasn't either...these kids apparently don't need to have heard of it to have been a crucial part of it.

it's interesting to me that kids can claim they were straightedge before they even knew it existed yet... there is some 99 year old morman man out there whose never had anything non-edge, is he straightedge by default? riddiculous.

xsecx
12-12-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by sabresnmets
dude, sec, you really dont like muncha do you?

is it that obvious?

xvunderx
12-12-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by straightXed
I really wanted a fisher price record player as a child

me too, those things were so ace.

Munncha
12-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns

if that's the case then we can trace the roots of straightedge back to cro-magnon man. they didn't partake in any drinking, smoking or drugs. hell, that shit wasn't invented yet. who cares if straightedge wasn't either...these kids apparently don't need to have heard of it to have been a crucial part of it.

But he wasn't vegan.

Thats a troll son. I still love you xsecx, it's ok.

xsecx
12-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Munncha
But he wasn't vegan.

Thats a troll son. I still love you xsecx, it's ok.

considering nothing you've said here has been relevant at all, it's all trolls, son.

sabresnmets
12-12-2003, 08:21 PM
is it that obvious?

yes, yes it is.

IveGotTheEdge
12-29-2003, 02:59 PM
hmm.... what about me? My father was a very big user, but as soon as my sister, who is two years older than me, was born, he stopped using anything, and now he's straightedge. I say straightedge because not only is he drug/ alcohol/ permiscuous sex free, he is hardcore. ( And yes I do mean my dad is actually hardcore. Not just punk, hardcore.) So I have been around hardcore music and I have known about straightedge my whole life. And so since I've never done any drugs or used alcohol or smoked or had sex or anything, and since I listen to hardcore, doesn't that mean I've been edge my whole life?

by the way, make fun of me all you want for this, but incase any of you were doing the math and thinking its impossible since hardcore and sXe were started in the 80's , and blah blah blah, I'm only thirteen.

sabresnmets
12-29-2003, 05:17 PM
dude this thirteen year old can spell better than most adults on this forum, myself included.

straightXed
12-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by IveGotTheEdge
hmm.... what about me? My father was a very big user, but as soon as my sister, who is two years older than me, was born, he stopped using anything, and now he's straightedge. I say straightedge because not only is he drug/ alcohol/ permiscuous sex free, he is hardcore. ( And yes I do mean my dad is actually hardcore. Not just punk, hardcore.) So I have been around hardcore music and I have known about straightedge my whole life. And so since I've never done any drugs or used alcohol or smoked or had sex or anything, and since I listen to hardcore, doesn't that mean I've been edge my whole life?

by the way, make fun of me all you want for this, but incase any of you were doing the math and thinking its impossible since hardcore and sXe were started in the 80's , and blah blah blah, I'm only thirteen.

its still a concious choice you make, if you made that choice the second you came out the womb then fair enough but you are thirteen, how many of those thirteen years have YOU understood what straightedge is and when did YOU choose that it was for you? Anyway scince sxe and hardcore was around in the 80's you could be 23 so its not such a big deal, kinda makes me wonder why you said it? I mean you wouldn't lie would you?

IveGotTheEdge
12-29-2003, 06:31 PM
its still a concious choice you make, if you made that choice the second you came out the womb then fair enough but you are thirteen, how many of those thirteen years have YOU understood what straightedge is and when did YOU choose that it was for you? Anyway scince sxe and hardcore was around in the 80's you could be 23 so its not such a big deal, kinda makes me wonder why you said it? I mean you wouldn't lie would you?

Yeah, you're right, it is a conscious choice that you make. On the other hand, I've never wanted to do drugs. Ever. Because my dad talked to me and my sister about his experiences from when we were very very small. However, even though I've never wanted to drugs, I've always known what straight edge is, and have been exposed to hardcore and have always loved it... The first year of my life, I couldnt talk or think, or understand anything at all, and neither could anyone else at that age, so yes, I guess being straight edge your entire life is impossible. And about the age thing, that was a mistake on my part... I'm not very good with math at all, and I guess I didn't think that last part through so well.

straightXed
12-29-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by IveGotTheEdge
Yeah, you're right, it is a conscious choice that you make. On the other hand, I've never wanted to do drugs. Ever. Because my dad talked to me and my sister about his experiences from when we were very very small. However, even though I've never wanted to drugs, I've always known what straight edge is, and have been exposed to hardcore and have always loved it... The first year of my life, I couldnt talk or think, or understand anything at all, and neither could anyone else at that age, so yes, I guess being straight edge your entire life is impossible. And about the age thing, that was a mistake on my part... I'm not very good with math at all, and I guess I didn't think that last part through so well.

it doesn't matter how long you have been edge for in my opinion, people break it regardless of how long they have been edge. Its just kinda funny when someone hears about it on the grapevine and then says they've been edge their whole life whilst still not understanding what it is. The thing is you will find that most kids have no interest in drugs i mean you are thirteen you have a lot to learn and peer pressure is a killer, its probably a much easier thing to resist now but i hope you still feel the same when you are older.

IveGotTheEdge
12-29-2003, 08:16 PM
it doesn't matter how long you have been edge for in my opinion, people break it regardless of how long they have been edge. Its just kinda funny when someone hears about it on the grapevine and then says they've been edge their whole life whilst still not understanding what it is. The thing is you will find that most kids have no interest in drugs i mean you are thirteen you have a lot to learn and peer pressure is a killer, its probably a much easier thing to resist now but i hope you still feel the same when you are older.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Its easy to say 'True Till Death' when you're thirteen, and still in fucking Junior High.... but I really have no desire for drugs, and I try as hard as I can to keep my distance from those who do. Also, the really sad thing is, that drugs are actually availible for kids my age, and more than half of the kids at my school do it too. Its really pathetic.

sabresnmets
12-29-2003, 11:43 PM
yeah i was 12 i think when i was introduced so if youve made it this far i give you credit, just like you said, stay away from the people who will suck you in.

xsecx
02-12-2004, 08:25 PM
top.

xlowercasex
02-13-2004, 02:41 AM
dude this thirteen year old can spell better than most adults on this forum, myself included.

holy shit. and the tween has a fairly valid point. haza!

Sean The Red
02-14-2004, 01:14 AM

yeah, I'm impressed by a 13 year old, never saw it coming.

SgtD
02-15-2004, 08:12 AM
being edge forever

i think this is like this:
if you're not edge now, you never were. so it turns out if you were edge only after you died. what if you broke it on your very last day?

straightXed
02-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by SgtD
being edge forever

i think this is like this:
if you're not edge now, you never were. so it turns out if you were edge only after you died. what if you broke it on your very last day?

Yeah straightedge should not be claimed by the living, it should be put as an epitaph on peoples headstones, because then you can be sure they won't break, hang on i'm still defrosting.