Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World

What are yours?

CarlaRant
12-08-2008, 09:36 AM
No one cooks? Too bad...

straightXed
12-08-2008, 09:53 AM
No one cooks? Too bad...

I cook but not vegan and rarely from books.

rodrigo
12-08-2008, 10:05 AM
i have a tiny vegan book that a krishna once gave me for donating some money, actually it was going to be a big book, but when she saw that i didnt have much money, switched it for the crappy one... never cooked from it, though

straightXed
12-08-2008, 10:07 AM
i have a tiny vegan book that a krishna once gave me for donating some money, actually it was going to be a big book, but when she saw that i didnt have much money, switched it for the crappy one... never cooked from it, though

Awww krishna are so giving!! I love how they stop you in the street and put something in your hand and then ask for money, like the pushiest salespeople ever!

CarlaRant
12-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Awww krishna are so giving!! I love how they stop you in the street and put something in your hand and then ask for money, like the pushiest salespeople ever!

I would have loved a cookbook from a Krishna! I only received on of their spiritual books; which was an interesting read.

D1988
12-08-2008, 10:26 AM

Some of those guys are hella annoying and won't beat it even when you say you aren't interested in a polite way.

rodrigo
12-08-2008, 11:10 AM
I would have loved a cookbook from a Krishna! I only received on of their spiritual books; which was an interesting read.

i would have loved one of those spiritual stuff, at least that would be something interesting to read

CarlaRant
12-08-2008, 12:25 PM
i would have loved one of those spiritual stuff, at least that would be something interesting to read

I'm willing to trade. ;)

~I wish I had a punk rock teacher title. I suppose I need to land a full-time teaching position first. I'm working on it. :/

rodrigo
12-08-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm willing to trade. ;)

~I wish I had a punk rock teacher title. I suppose I need to land a full-time teaching position first. I'm working on it. :/

do you know spanish?

straightXed
12-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Some of those guys are hella annoying and won't beat it even when you say you aren't interested in a polite way.

I know, with them and the latter day saints bombarding you a visit to town is more like running the gauntlet!

straightXed
12-08-2008, 01:59 PM
do you know spanish?

I'd like to learn Spanish.

xsecx
12-08-2008, 02:14 PM
I know, with them and the latter day saints bombarding you a visit to town is more like running the gauntlet!

the krshna's aren't really visible here at all anymore.

straightXed
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
the krshna's aren't really visible here at all anymore.

Usually in the summer months groups take to high streets in the UK but no where near as prevalent as the church of latter day saints...they are out in force!

xsecx
12-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Usually in the summer months groups take to high streets in the UK but no where near as prevalent as the church of latter day saints...they are out in force!

everyone loves the momo's. they're on bikes here all the time with their white shirts and black ties.

straightXed
12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
everyone loves the momo's. they're on bikes here all the time with their white shirts and black ties.

Its fun to mess with them, does that make me an ass?

xsecx
12-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Its fun to mess with them, does that make me an ass?

no way dude, just human. but as far as door to door religious types they do seem to be the best tempered and least pushy of the bunch.

straightXed
12-08-2008, 02:57 PM
no way dude, just human. but as far as door to door religious types they do seem to be the best tempered and least pushy of the bunch.

One followed me from one end of the high street to the other telling me about how he was talking about god until he realised i wasn't going to stop, i was very polite but i just wasn't going to stop.

D1988
12-08-2008, 03:30 PM
One followed me from one end of the high street to the other telling me about how he was talking about god until he realised i wasn't going to stop, i was very polite but i just wasn't going to stop.

I try not to make eye contact with them. It usually doesn't work, so sometimes when I want a laugh, I look right at them like I want them to speak to me, and when they do I just scurry away going "no thanks, no thanks, no thanks".

Last week down one fo the high streets here, some guy with a big huge sign was going around shouting "why go to hell when you can go to heaven with Jesus", I looked right at him and burst out laughing and he gave me the dirtiest of looks.

straightXed
12-08-2008, 04:14 PM
I try not to make eye contact with them. It usually doesn't work, so sometimes when I want a laugh, I look right at them like I want them to speak to me, and when they do I just scurry away going "no thanks, no thanks, no thanks".

Last week down one fo the high streets here, some guy with a big huge sign was going around shouting "why go to hell when you can go to heaven with Jesus", I looked right at him and burst out laughing and he gave me the dirtiest of looks.

Well at least he won't be giving you those dirty looks when you are in hell.

D1988
12-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Well at least he won't be giving you those dirty looks when you are in hell.

haha, hell yeah!

CarlaRant
12-08-2008, 07:03 PM
do you know spanish?

Arg. Not fluently. I studied it in college a bit.

rodrigo
12-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Arg. Not fluently. I studied it in college a bit.

well, if you buy the printed version of my comic when it comes out, ill add that book for free

CarlaRant
12-08-2008, 07:11 PM

Arizona is reported the fifth largest LDS/Mormon population in the US, thus, I am surrounded. In fact, I am often asked if I am a Latter-day Saint (moreso than when I lived in Bible-belt Indiana), which is quite annoying. However, I feel I need to be polite since I never know which one of my co-workers ascribes to that religion.

CarlaRant
12-08-2008, 07:12 PM
well, if you buy the printed version of my comic when it comes out, ill add that book for free

Deal!

rodrigo
12-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Arizona is reported the fifth largest LDS/Mormon population in the US, thus, I am surrounded. In fact, I am often asked if I am a Latter-day Saint (moreso than when I lived in Bible-belt Indiana), which is quite annoying. However, I feel I need to be polite since I never know which one of my co-workers ascribes to that religion.

i always get asked if im a mormon

xsecx
12-08-2008, 07:17 PM
i always get asked if im a mormon

that's because you make out with them.

rodrigo
12-08-2008, 07:19 PM

no, mainly because of the not drinking coffee

CarlaRant
12-08-2008, 07:22 PM

Ha-ha!!!

xsecx
12-08-2008, 07:32 PM
no, mainly because of the not drinking coffee

but the making out helps.

linsee
12-08-2008, 07:52 PM
When I was visiting my parents in the spring Jehovah Witnesses came to the door and my mom happened to know one of the ladies, the lady's daughter goes to the school my mom teaches. So my mom was polite and listened to what they had to say and as they left she wished them a happy Easter. She didn't understand why I was laughing.

D1988
12-09-2008, 02:53 AM

bahaha.