PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody from you guyz ever tried B.A.S.E jumping or skydiving?

xjohykx
11-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Has anybody from you guyz ever tried B.A.S.E jumping or skydiving? Otherwise, does anybody want to try it?

SgtD
11-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Has anybody from you guyz ever tried B.A.S.E jumping or skydiving? Otherwise, does anybody want to try it?

I haven't. I would try it though.

xAllTheRagex
11-25-2008, 08:15 AM
I really want to do it, looks like great fun. Maybe in the future.

D1988
11-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Wow, screw that!

xjohykx
11-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Wow, screw that!

why?

xjohykx
11-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I haven't. I would try it though.

i really want to taste the feeling of free-falling...but i still havenīt gone over my fear...

D1988
11-25-2008, 10:42 AM
why?

I do not like heights and/or the thought of falling from thousands of feet in the air. Screw that.

xsecx
11-25-2008, 11:11 AM
I do not like heights and/or the thought of falling from thousands of feet in the air. Screw that.

I'm with dean.

swallow
11-25-2008, 11:36 AM
I'd really, really, really love to give it a try. And rather not die while trying.

straightXed
11-25-2008, 01:07 PM
I haven't tried, i would try but its not very high up my list of priorities.

rodrigo
11-25-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm with dean.

i'm with both of you

SgtD
11-26-2008, 02:01 AM
pussies!

how about bungee jumping?

swallow
11-26-2008, 03:24 AM
pussies!

I have! Awesome! Want to do that again!

SgtD
11-26-2008, 04:30 AM
I have! Awesome! Want to do that again!

i'd like to try it out as well, must be a similar experience.

xjohykx
11-26-2008, 05:22 AM
pussies!

iīve tried but thatīs not thus amazing..free-falling down hundreds miles, thatīs what i really want to try:-)

D1988
11-26-2008, 07:40 AM
pussies!

You would need to kill me first. Screw that!

SgtD
11-26-2008, 07:43 AM
You would need to kill me first. Screw that!
wow Dean, it's hard to believe you play hockey.

xjohykx
11-26-2008, 07:46 AM

maybe he just plays hockey on Nintendo :-))

D1988
11-26-2008, 07:48 AM

Why? hockey doesn't compare at all to free falling thousands of feet through the air with the hope that a bungee chord or parachute is going to save your life.

D1988
11-26-2008, 07:48 AM
maybe he just plays hockey on Nintendo :-))

A. NO.
B. How dare you accuse me of being a Nintendo kid!

xsecx
11-26-2008, 07:49 AM
pussies!

it has nothing to do with being a pussy and has everything to do with choosing not to do something that if even something small goes wrong you die.

SgtD
11-26-2008, 08:37 AM
it has nothing to do with being a pussy and has everything to do with choosing not to do something that if even something small goes wrong you die.

that classifies as pussy in my book! haha

xjohykx
11-26-2008, 08:55 AM
A. NO.
B. How dare you accuse me of being a Nintendo kid!

oh man, just kidding, please forgive me my kiddish joke...

SgtD
11-26-2008, 08:59 AM

i don't blame you being afraid. after all, he humps shoes....

xjohykx
11-26-2008, 09:03 AM

yes, it has actually nothing to do with being pussy or not...itīs up to you if you choose to risk your life and to experience this adventure...but i absolutelly perceive, that for example itīs not adventure for you...

xjohykx
11-26-2008, 10:43 AM
i don't blame you being afraid. after all, he humps shoes....

ohh...i sneak in a corner....:)

D1988
11-26-2008, 12:43 PM

haha, I was only joking man.

xjohykx
11-26-2008, 12:47 PM
haha, I was only joking man.

you are trying my patience man..hahah

easy
11-26-2008, 09:10 PM
pussies!

i cant get myself to want to do this... i see it and i feel like if i did that it would snap my fucking back/neck and id live my life as a cripple and i like walking... i know that i would probably be fine but it doesnt look comfy to me so f it. and how lame would it be to have some dumbass not set up your rope(rubberband?) properly and then cuz of that jackass your life ends! cant do it!

SgtD
11-27-2008, 02:39 AM
i cant get myself to want to do this... i see it and i feel like if i did that it would snap my fucking back/neck and id live my life as a cripple and i like walking... i know that i would probably be fine but it doesnt look comfy to me so f it. and how lame would it be to have some dumbass not set up your rope(rubberband?) properly and then cuz of that jackass your life ends! cant do it!

yeah, i can see where's that coming from. I even saw a bungee jumping video, where the rope was too long, and when it expanded, the diver's head reached the ground...no serious injuries, but it makes you think about if all of it was planned out properly.

xjohykx
11-27-2008, 06:38 AM

yes, i undrestand...but you can think in this way about all dangerous things you do. For example you can also be seriously injured in a mosh pit...But isnīt it just that hazard, which makes these activities attractive?

easy
11-27-2008, 08:30 AM
yes, i undrestand...but you can think in this way about all dangerous things you do. For example you can also be seriously injured in a mosh pit...But isnīt it just that hazard, which makes these activities attractive?

eh, i guess im just not attracted to falling... im actually scared of scuba diving too!@ ive always had a fear of deep water because i really don't know what is down there... like if im in the ocean and i open my eyes and see this enormous space of just water and darkness i freak out... obviously there isnt much to be afraid of, something traumatic must have happened to me when i was little! haha
i do like roller coasters and water slides though! and hanging out in bad neighborhoods!

mouseman004
11-27-2008, 10:15 AM
eh, i guess im just not attracted to falling... im actually scared of scuba diving too!@ ive always had a fear of deep water because i really don't know what is down there... like if im in the ocean and i open my eyes and see this enormous space of just water and darkness i freak out... obviously there isnt much to be afraid of, something traumatic must have happened to me when i was little! haha
i do like roller coasters and water slides though! and hanging out in bad neighborhoods!

I have that exact same fear of deep water. It is why I will very rarely swim in lakes or the ocean.

xjohykx
11-27-2008, 10:51 AM

oh, iīm affraid of deep water too...when i look into the deep-blue darkness and see just mass of water (on the other side better than seeing sharks :-), iīm really frightend...

i think that everybody has his own phopia...

swallow
11-27-2008, 02:39 PM
I have that exact same fear of deep water. It is why I will very rarely swim in lakes or the ocean.

Deep water sucks. Deep, dark water which gets colder as going deeper. Brrh.

mrjoe815
12-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I haven't, but I did try those skydiving stuff that's indoor. it's pretty fun if you just wanna get the feel of it

CarlaRant
12-02-2008, 11:59 PM
My uncle's a pilot and found out I was afraid of heights, so when I turned 18, I went skydiving with him. It..was..EXCELLENT!

xjohykx
12-03-2008, 02:11 AM
My uncle's a pilot and found out I was afraid of heights, so when I turned 18, I went skydiving with him. It..was..EXCELLENT!

awsome! and what kind of pilot is he? and how could you depict the feeling of falling down?

CarlaRant
12-03-2008, 08:57 AM
He's a private pilot for some of the politicians in Indiana and has his own recreational plane as well. Fortunately he knew some people who train for skydiving flights.

I would describe the feeling of falling as initially terrifying while my body cuts through the sky, then an overwhelming elation. It's a dream-like state until the ripcord is pulled. When I was floating through the air, it made me realize how important life is and I landed with a new sense of purpose. So overall, I would say it's an eye opening experience similiar to a religious encounter. Think about it, you're literally taking your life into your own hands.

xjohykx
12-04-2008, 08:20 AM
He's a private pilot for some of the politicians in Indiana and has his own recreational plane as well. Fortunately he knew some people who train for skydiving flights.

I would describe the feeling of falling as initially terrifying while my body cuts through the sky, then an overwhelming elation. It's a dream-like state until the ripcord is pulled. When I was floating through the air, it made me realize how important life and I landed with a new sense of purpose. So overall, I would say it's an eye opening experience similiar to a religious encounter. Think about it, you're literally taking your life into your own hands.

uh, iīm even more anxious after your description...

Anderson
12-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I saw a program on Base jumping. They followed a group of base jumpers around Europe for about 6 months. It looked great, but the fact that by the end of filming 3 of the initial group had died from base jumping related incidents probably put most people off it.

xjohykx
12-05-2008, 05:31 AM
I saw a program on Base jumping. They followed a group of base jumpers around Europe for about 6 months. It looked great, but the fact that by the end of filming 3 of the initial group had died from base jumping related incidents probably put most people off it.

yes, B.A.S.E. jumping is very risky because of jumping from very low height...but...:-)

poskus88
04-28-2009, 02:58 AM
i'll skydive after 2weeks, it should be awesome..anyway i want to learn to be a pilot(small plane or whatever), i want to fly :)

SgtD
04-28-2009, 03:08 AM
i'll skydive after 2weeks, it should be awesome..anyway i want to learn to be a pilot(small plane or whatever), i want to fly :)

hope it goes horribly wrong, and you smash into the ground, you neo-nazi piece of shit!

poskus88
04-28-2009, 03:14 AM
:* hope ill smash into your head

thepunkpilot
04-28-2009, 04:16 PM
yea dude, I've skydived twice and BASE once. They are extremely fun, and extrmely expensive...I do believe the thrill is way too fleeting because it lasts only a few minutes, and costs you lotsa$$$$. Just listen to a bunch of music to syke yourself up and you'll have a blast. Do it though, don't back out!

poskus88
04-29-2009, 12:32 PM
how much cost 1 jump(skydiving) in your country?in mine nearest aeroport 200Lt~60Euro