PDA

View Full Version : how's the new verse record?

SgtD
11-13-2008, 08:31 AM
I didn't like rebuild that much, and they are playing here at the end of the month with I rise (who rule by the way).
just curious.

linsee
11-13-2008, 08:49 AM
I didn't like rebuild that much, and they are playing here at the end of the month with I rise (who rule by the way).
just curious.

There was From Anger and Rage and then Agression is the newest album. I personally really liked Rebuild, but I think the other 2 albums are good too.

I think you should go see them, they're one of the only hardcore bands that excite me anymore.

SgtD
11-13-2008, 09:13 AM
There was From Anger and Rage and then Agression is the newest album. I personally really liked Rebuild, but I think the other 2 albums are good too.

I think you should go see them, they're one of the only hardcore bands that excite me anymore.

i might go for I rise, because they are great. i'll have a listen to verse's new stuff, but i don't really get the hype around them

D1988
11-13-2008, 10:15 AM
I like all 3 of the albums. From Anger and Rage probably being my favourite but it is really close between them all.

Not sure if you will be into Aggression Dini, but it is really a good album. Hyped to hell for sure, but who really cares about that?

I like the Verse record better than the newest Have Heart record.

You shouldn't even be considering going to this show, it is a no brainer dude!

SgtD
11-14-2008, 01:41 AM
I like all 3 of the albums. From Anger and Rage probably being my favourite but it is really close between them all.

Not sure if you will be into Aggression Dini, but it is really a good album. Hyped to hell for sure, but who really cares about that?

I like the Verse record better than the newest Have Heart record.

You shouldn't even be considering going to this show, it is a no brainer dude!

ok, i trust you, because you like the cro-mags. (i don't dig have heart by the way.)

D1988
11-14-2008, 05:33 AM
ok, i trust you, because you like the cro-mags. (i don't dig have heart by the way.)

Yeah, Have Heart are OK, but I don't think they are great.

I outed Pat Flynn, there lead singer, on a message bored and he sent me a PM defeding himself.

SgtD
11-14-2008, 05:47 AM
Yeah, Have Heart are OK, but I don't think they are great.

I outed Pat Flynn, there lead singer, on a message bored and he sent me a PM defeding himself.

what do you mean outed?

D1988
11-14-2008, 06:39 AM
what do you mean outed?

Well, he done a trade with a guy I know from Wales. The guy I know sent him a record and he never sent one back. This went on for over a year where he would constantly re-assure the dude that he would post his record like the next day. Still the record never ever came.

So the guy made a thread on Thunder Lizard asking for new contact details for Pat and people started questioning why and it all came out. Now, if I was the guy who never returned the record, people would brand me sketchy and wouldn't trade with me, but because it was the lead singer of Have Heart, people tried to make excuses and give reasons why he wouldn't have sent the record.

I called bullshit on this and gave a big speech about how he thinks he is some kind of rock star and shouldn't be excempt from being a shitty trader just because of who he is and stuff. Ovcourse I didn't think he would actually see it, but he sent me a PM talking to me about it and stuff and he seems like a really nice dude actually, but I still didn't see how he could have any excuse for being over a year and not sending a record back. If he was the president of the USA, or a homeless guy on the streets, it doesn't matter, you should always return a trade no matter who you are.

SgtD
11-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Well, he done a trade with a guy I know from Wales. The guy I know sent him a record and he never sent one back. This went on for over a year where he would constantly re-assure the dude that he would post his record like the next day. Still the record never ever came.

So the guy made a thread on Thunder Lizard asking for new contact details for Pat and people started questioning why and it all came out. Now, if I was the guy who never returned the record, people would brand me sketchy and wouldn't trade with me, but because it was the lead singer of Have Heart, people tried to make excuses and give reasons why he wouldn't have sent the record.

I called bullshit on this and gave a big speech about how he thinks he is some kind of rock star and shouldn't be excempt from being a shitty trader just because of who he is and stuff. Ovcourse I didn't think he would actually see it, but he sent me a PM talking to me about it and stuff and he seems like a really nice dude actually, but I still didn't see how he could have any excuse for being over a year and not sending a record back. If he was the president of the USA, or a homeless guy on the streets, it doesn't matter, you should always return a trade no matter who you are.

oh, that's sketchy. People can be assholes no matter if they are in a band or not. The singer for over my dead body ripped me off on ebay, not just me, but a lot of people.
It's shitty especially when you liked said band...

linsee
11-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Did this show happen yet Dini? Did you go?

Anderson
11-23-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm seeing Verse for the third time this year in a couple of weeks.

xjohykx
11-23-2008, 05:49 AM
when i was listening to the Agression for a first time, i didnīt like it some much...but now itīs my most favourite record from Verse...

SgtD
11-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Did this show happen yet Dini? Did you go?

no, it's on tuesday. I'll go mainly for I Rise.

linsee
11-23-2008, 06:35 PM
no, it's on tuesday. I'll go mainly for I Rise.

Let us know how it goes. I'm personally not an I Rise fan, but maybe they're a band I need to see live.

I don't get all the hype surrounding Verse here, but maybe I'm getting too old to really notice. They will always be one of my favourite bands ever.

SgtD
11-24-2008, 04:03 AM
Let us know how it goes. I'm personally not an I Rise fan, but maybe they're a band I need to see live.

I don't get all the hype surrounding Verse here, but maybe I'm getting too old to really notice. They will always be one of my favourite bands ever.

ok, i will.

SgtD
11-26-2008, 02:16 AM
I went to the show yesterday. I rise was amazing, just as i imagined they would be. Talked to the guys in the band, and picked up the new LP and even a test press of it. Good times.
Verse on the other hand...i didn't like them at all. I left the room halfway through their set, and talked and had a chat with friends instead. The two guitarist looked ridiculous, i'd almost understand the hideous white framed sunglasses, but who puts a baseball cap on top of a beanie?!
The singer had an anarchist activist shirt on, and talked about his views i could relate to, but it was way too preachy, and long in between songs. They played tear down these walls, i liked that one.
Even though, the place was packed, constant stagedives, singalongs, kids were going wild, so it's probably just me.

straightXed
11-26-2008, 06:00 AM
I went to the show yesterday. I rise was amazing, just as i imagined they would be. Talked to the guys in the band, and picked up the new LP and even a test press of it. Good times.
Verse on the other hand...i didn't like them at all. I left the room halfway through their set, and talked and had a chat with friends instead. The two guitarist looked ridiculous, i'd almost understand the hideous white framed sunglasses, but who puts a baseball cap on top of a beanie?!
The singer had an anarchist activist shirt on, and talked about his views i could relate to, but it was way too preachy, and long in between songs. They played tear down these walls, i liked that one.
Even though, the place was packed, constant stagedives, singalongs, kids were going wild, so it's probably just me.

Thats what put me off verse. They do like to go on about how they are against this and that, on myspace they kept sending bulletins about how awful it is to celebrate this holiday or that holiday. Got a bit tedious really, i figured i was just to old, you must be old too.

I used to wear a beanie over a baseball hat but never the other way round.

SgtD
11-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Thats what put me off verse. They do like to go on about how they are against this and that, on myspace they kept sending bulletins about how awful it is to celebrate this holiday or that holiday. Got a bit tedious really, i figured i was just to old, you must be old too.

yeah. the first time i saw them they were just your average looking clean cut hardcore band, no bullshit, powerful songs.

I used to wear a beanie over a baseball hat but never the other way round.
why would you do that? it's a silly mental picture i've got right now

straightXed
11-26-2008, 07:03 AM
yeah. the first time i saw them they were just your average looking clean cut hardcore band, no bullshit, powerful songs.

why would you do that? it's a silly mental picture i've got right now

I have a picture, i will post it. I have a few reasons: I wear a beanie to keep my earphones in when skating and because its cold sometimes! I wear a baseball hat to keep sun or other distracting things out my sight.

SgtD
11-26-2008, 07:14 AM
I have a picture, i will post it. I have a few reasons: I wear a beanie to keep my earphones in when skating and because its cold sometimes! I wear a baseball hat to keep sun or other distracting things out my sight.

somebody get Ed one of these for Christmas!

http://www.skatenride.com/images/bigstar%20visor%20BEANIE%20grey.jpg

straightXed
11-26-2008, 07:21 AM
somebody get Ed one of these for Christmas!

http://www.skatenride.com/images/bigstar%20visor%20BEANIE%20grey.jpg

Thats exactly why those hats came around and got popular! Quite a few people used to rock the beanie/baseball combo.

linsee
11-26-2008, 09:05 PM

I'm bummed you didn't get into Verse, but it's cool. At least you enjoyed who you had wanted to see.

I think that since their views are against the norm on a lot of things it turns people away from liking them. I may not agree with everything they talk about through a myspace bulletin or in between songs, but I love the messages in their music.

Anderson
12-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I saw Verse, Anchor and I Rise last night. I was impressed with I Rise and Anchor. I've seen Verse before and I really like them but it wasn't their best show. The regular DIY mix of faulty equipment and over running bands (not that I'm complaining Tom puts on a better show than I ever could) meant that Verse only had time for about 5 songs.

xjohykx
12-05-2008, 05:33 AM
I saw Verse, Anchor and I Rise last night. I was impressed with I Rise and Anchor. I've seen Verse before and I really like them but it wasn't their best show. The regular DIY mix of faulty equipment and over running bands (not that I'm complaining Tom puts on a better show than I ever could) meant that Verse only had time for about 5 songs.

oh, fuck...sorry for that but i would like to see anchor , i rise and verse together...lucky boy...love anchor so fuckin much