PDA

View Full Version : Happy Guy Fawkes Day!

Dummy
11-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Remember, remember the fifth of November,
The gunpowder, treason and plot,
I know of no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot

chadfitzy
11-05-2008, 01:26 PM
im a little confused about guy fawkes day. are you celebrating what he stood for, or shuning it?

straightXed
11-05-2008, 02:03 PM
im a little confused about guy fawkes day. are you celebrating what he stood for, or shuning it?

Celebrating the fact the gunpowder plot to assassinate the king and a lot of protestant aristocrats was foiled.

xsecx
11-05-2008, 02:18 PM
the day when children through out england blow off body parts.

straightXed
11-05-2008, 02:24 PM
the day when children through out england blow off body parts.

And put fireworks in your letter box.

xsecx
11-05-2008, 02:30 PM
And put fireworks in your letter box.

damn, seriously? bunch of scallies.

straightXed
11-05-2008, 02:47 PM
damn, seriously? bunch of scallies.

yeah, it happens a fair bit.

D1988
11-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Not just England boys.

I bought the loudest legal firework available in the UK. It was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen in my life. The ground actually moved.

straightXed
11-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Not just England boys.

I bought the loudest legal firework available in the UK. It was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen in my life. The ground actually moved.

Was it the loudest on sale to the public? Or the actual loudest?

D1988
11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Was it the loudest on sale to the public? Or the actual loudest?

I bought it from a website. It is the loudest firework available to the public in the UK. Companies or groups putting on displays would have access to larger and louder fireworks most definately.

straightXed
11-05-2008, 06:30 PM
I bought it from a website. It is the loudest firework available to the public in the UK. Companies or groups putting on displays would have access to larger and louder fireworks most definately.

They do, and that shit is really impressive compared to the product available to public. I hope you adhered to the firework code this evening.

xGriffox
11-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Celebrating the fact the gunpowder plot to assassinate the king and a lot of protestant aristocrats was foiled.

correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't isn't he a hero to a lot of people as well? i remember hearing he was fairly high up on a list of top 100 britains as voted by british citizens or some such thing.

D1988
11-06-2008, 06:22 AM
They do, and that shit is really impressive compared to the product available to public. I hope you adhered to the firework code this evening.

I enjoy setting them off and having fun with my dad and grandad every year rather than going to those displays. It is something we have done every year since I can remember so it is always hilarious. The displays are pretty amazing but just not the same.

But yeah, years ago, the fireworks available from even the corner shops here were awesome. these days it is hard to get anything good and thats why I got them from the internet this year.

straightXed
11-06-2008, 08:30 AM
correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't isn't he a hero to a lot of people as well? i remember hearing he was fairly high up on a list of top 100 britains as voted by british citizens or some such thing.

Not really, i mean people nowadays don't really even know why they celebrate November the 5th, some are misguided into thinking that blowing up your government is a good thing. Sure its a way to express your disapproval of current governing decisions but they gladly forget the details of what happened or apply those things into context today. I mean i'm pretty sure these people don't see the IRA as heroes when they attempt bombings but time changes perspectives especially when the elements of reality are omitted. So whilst he may be on some list somewhere for being a hero it seems to be down to how time has changed our memories of him as a person, people don't think of him in todays climate - bottom line he was a terrorist, its strange that he got a name for himself as he wasn't the main figure behind the conspiracy, he was just the chump sent in to blow stuff up. Theres some interesting references in V for Vendetta comics.

straightXed
11-06-2008, 08:32 AM
I enjoy setting them off and having fun with my dad and grandad every year rather than going to those displays. It is something we have done every year since I can remember so it is always hilarious. The displays are pretty amazing but just not the same.

But yeah, years ago, the fireworks available from even the corner shops here were awesome. these days it is hard to get anything good and thats why I got them from the internet this year.

I'll just assume you did follow the fireworks code.