PDA

View Full Version : visa

SgtD
10-18-2008, 07:03 AM
mr dubya announced that hungarians don't need a visa to the USA anymore from november on.
i have to check into it deeper, as far as i know i need a new passport, becasue the regular one doesn't have a chip in it.

straightXed
10-19-2008, 03:02 PM
mr dubya announced that hungarians don't need a visa to the USA anymore from november on.
i have to check into it deeper, as far as i know i need a new passport, becasue the regular one doesn't have a chip in it.

Can't you use a machine readable one?

SgtD
10-20-2008, 01:53 AM
Can't you use a machine readable one?

i don"t know what that is, all i know that you can only go to the USA with a passport with chip in it. mine is like 2 years old

straightXed
10-20-2008, 08:38 AM
i don"t know what that is, all i know that you can only go to the USA with a passport with chip in it. mine is like 2 years old

Here you can use either a passport with a chip in it or a machine readable one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-readable_passport

SgtD
10-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Here you can use either a passport with a chip in it or a machine readable one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-readable_passport

thanks, i'll look into it.

I hope i was not shouting wolf, the president sent the doctrine back, because he thinks ti's crossing human rights...so it's not a done deal yet. fuck...

SgtD
10-20-2008, 08:52 AM
oh, the old versions of the passports are machine readable, but that's not enough.

xsecx
10-21-2008, 04:08 PM
oh, the old versions of the passports are machine readable, but that's not enough.

for now or the future?

mouseman004
10-21-2008, 05:41 PM
I should probably consider getting a passport. Pretty soon I'll need one to drive into the U.S.

SgtD
10-22-2008, 01:40 AM
for now or the future?

not enough for the future.

straightXed
10-22-2008, 07:55 AM
not enough for the future.

Thats the same here, but if you already have a machine readable one then you are good to go.

straightXed
10-22-2008, 07:55 AM
I should probably consider getting a passport. Pretty soon I'll need one to drive into the U.S.

Why are you driving into the US?

SgtD
10-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Thats the same here, but if you already have a machine readable one then you are good to go.

accoring to the embassy, it's not enough.

straightXed
10-22-2008, 08:19 AM
accoring to the embassy, it's not enough.

But you just said not enough for the future as opposed to not enough for now.

*edit - i think i misunderstood you, you meant the future as in from the moment the VWP starts, right? For some reason i thought you were referring to passports issued in the future which makes the situation identical to here; here there is no need to change older passports, so long as they are machine readable but new issues do need to live up to the biometric requirements.

SgtD
10-22-2008, 08:45 AM
But you just said not enough for the future as opposed to not enough for now.

*edit - i think i misunderstood you, you meant the future as in from the moment the VWP starts, right? For some reason i thought you were referring to passports issued in the future which makes the situation identical to here; here there is no need to change older passports, so long as they are machine readable but new issues do need to live up to the biometric requirements.

yeah, there was a bit of a confusion, I meant the future from when the vwp starts.

mouseman004
10-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Why are you driving into the US?

I have no specific reason to as of right now, but I live really close to the border so every once and a while i'll drive into buffalo to catch a sabres game or do some shopping or something.