PDA

View Full Version : McCain taking one for the Team?

mouseman004
10-17-2008, 10:53 AM
I heard an interesting theory the other day. Somebody brought up the notion that maybe McCain picked Pallin as a way to ensure the republicans lose the election. They need to lose the stigma that is attached to George Bush so they need to step out of the spotlight and having a democratic president for 4 years, espeically in an economic recession might have been a way to do it. I just thought this idea was interesting because I thought McCain was a shoe in until he picked Pallin as his running mate. I can't imagine why he would have thought it was a good idea.

xsecx
10-17-2008, 01:12 PM
I heard an interesting theory the other day. Somebody brought up the notion that maybe McCain picked Pallin as a way to ensure the republicans lose the election. They need to lose the stigma that is attached to George Bush so they need to step out of the spotlight and having a democratic president for 4 years, espeically in an economic recession might have been a way to do it. I just thought this idea was interesting because I thought McCain was a shoe in until he picked Pallin as his running mate. I can't imagine why he would have thought it was a good idea.

mccain was dragging in the polls up until he chose palin, got a bump and has been declining ever since.

xjedix
11-08-2008, 04:37 PM

I was thinking about this too, However I would like to point our Obama won with Biden as his running mate and we all know Biden's record with the RCIA...